AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-07-20, 17:20   Link #1
Mey

"Galaxy Angel III" post is closed? O_o

Hi,

I'd like to know why the "Galaxy Angel III" post (in Fansubs section) has been closed... °[o_O]° Where do we talk about this anime, now? :/

Thanx in advance.
Mey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 17:34   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Yeah, what's that about? A thread looking for torrents got turned into the discussion thread but that's not the series' fault. And now it's in the Thread Index. It would be better to close the irrelevant threads off and wait for a discussion thread.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 17:37   Link #3
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Sorry to hijack this post, but I got a similar question. Why did the Naruto Episode 1 DVD thread get closed? Is Naruto licensed now? Which rule did this thread break?
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 18:03   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Sorry guys I closed the thread by mistake when I submitted my last reply somehow. I hope you guys can forgive me. Xris reopened the thread again.
Old 2004-07-20, 18:10   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mey
I'd like to know why the "Galaxy Angel III" post (in Fansubs section) has been closed... °[o_O]° Where do we talk about this anime, now? :/
It was more than likely closed because you were talking about where to find torrents. This is not the purpose of the Fansub forum it's meant for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. And that means discussion about the story or related topics.

I've re-opened the thread but will delete any posts in it if they start talking about finding torrents again. Concerning which, if they exist then they will be listed on AnimeSuki, if they don't then you will have to find them for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Sorry to hijack this post, but I got a similar question. Why did the Naruto Episode 1 DVD thread get closed? Is Naruto licensed now? Which rule did this thread break?
Tell me (it's a rhetorical question, so please don't), why do you care....

I suspect it was closed because it was a question concerning playback which was created in the Naruto forum. It was closed but then moved into the appropriate forum. If the poster needed further info, then maybe reading the stickies would answer the question.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 18:22   Link #6
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Tell me (it's a rhetorical question, so please don't), why do you care....

I suspect it was closed because it was a question concerning playback which was created in the Naruto forum. It was closed but then moved into the appropriate forum. If the poster needed further info, then maybe reading the stickies would answer the question.
You make it seem as if I asked that question just to mock you which just is not true. I just wondered why specially such a thread was locked since there are multiple threads that can be answered by reading the Media Configuration Guide sticky and none of them were closed. Add to that that there was DVD in the title (which should not cause a thread to be locked) and I was totally confused. Is it that wrong to ask a question if I don't get why something is the way it is? (Also a rhethorical question, but feel free to answer, then we are even )
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 03:42   Link #7
Thany
Unfair

For those who cares, EP1-10 and EP25-38 have been released since a few hours and are available to download from the main site
Old 2004-07-21, 04:40   Link #8
Mey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
It was more than likely closed because you were talking about where to find torrents. This is not the purpose of the Fansub forum it's meant for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. And that means discussion about the story or related topics.

I've re-opened the thread but will delete any posts in it if they start talking about finding torrents again. Concerning which, if they exist then they will be listed on AnimeSuki, if they don't then you will have to find them for yourself!
Well, if so, you should add something like "Do not ask for or post links to torrent files" in the rules, 'coz I took the time to read the rules, and concluded that I could talk about torrent files in this forum :/ (as long as it's not about licensed animes, of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Sorry guys I closed the thread by mistake when I submitted my last reply somehow. I hope you guys can forgive me.
I guess I can forgive you ^_^
Mey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 05:30   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
For those who cares, EP1-10 and EP25-38 have been released since a few hours and are available to download from the main site
Actually to give credit where credit is due, our very own Keitaro has created his own tracker just to put up old digisubs that are no longer being supported by their groups.

Three cheers for Keitaro. Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray!

Wow! That almost makes me wish that I was actually watching Galaxy Angel, just so that I'd have an excuse to download it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote