AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2010-03-23, 05:03   Link #341
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

What's going to be last issue and when is it coming?

With the manga currently on the "final" battle you would think the publisher would announce the "finale" for the manga. It has had a big following for a decade. . .

Is FMA: Brotherhood gonna take a break and then resume to conclude the manga storyline?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 05:28   Link #342
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
What's going to be last issue and when is it coming?

With the manga currently on the "final" battle you would think the publisher would announce the "finale" for the manga. It has had a big following for a decade. . .

Is FMA: Brotherhood gonna take a break and then resume to conclude the manga storyline?
Brotherhood will be 63 episodes in total, meaning that the manga will either end before that or around the same time. It's obvious the manga is in it's last stages now, and only has around 3 chapters left to go, so it's not hard to imagine such a scenario happening.
Old 2010-03-24, 12:12   Link #343
Kasiro

Okay, let's see.

I thought FMA(original) was absolutely amazing, as in, the best anime I'v ever seen, the story was great and most importantly, fast paced.[which really can't be said about any other anime, that's currently airing.]

Knowing that, would you recommend this...eh...series?

Because from what I gather, the original anime was made first, followed by the manga and somewhere along the way, they decided to keep the manga going.[Easy cash probably]

Does the story get, like, slowpaced or does it use lots of flashbacks?[cough Naruto, bleach, onepiece...list goes on]

Basicly, I don't want to destroy the stunning image of FMA in my mind, by watching some cash-cow-filler-thing...
Kasiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 12:26   Link #344
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasiro View Post
Because from what I gather, the original anime was made first, followed by the manga and somewhere along the way, they decided to keep the manga going.[Easy cash probably]
NO, you are completely backwards on this. The manga came first, then the first anime which had to diverge once it caught up with the manga. It's true the second series (which has been following the manga incredibly faithfully) was probably made because the series is a cash cow, but it only gained that status when the original manga fans watched the anime, showed it to friends who then watched and shared it, ect, so it makes sense that appealing to those same fans again, this time with a faithful adaption to the story they know and love, would be a win-win. So go watch it, the first 13 episodes or so follow some of the same events of the first series but after that it's a whole 'nother ride.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 16:12   Link #345
Illieas

why does Mei Chan still carry Envy when it been shown that he can latch on to people and control them? why didn't they kill him after they weren't getting any information?

i don't get how handing a humonculus which has no philosopher's stone help her acheive her goal of finding immortality?
Illieas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 18:34   Link #346
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illieas View Post
i don't get how handing a humonculus which has no philosopher's stone help her acheive her goal of finding immortality?
He still has a stone. If he didn't he'd already be dead.

It's probably just down to one soul though.

And he can't latch onto her as long as he's inside that flask.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 04:19   Link #347
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasiro View Post
Okay, let's see.

I thought FMA(original) was absolutely amazing, as in, the best anime I'v ever seen, the story was great and most importantly, fast paced.[which really can't be said about any other anime, that's currently airing.]

Knowing that, would you recommend this...eh...series?
You definitely should give Brotherhood a go to see what a "fast paced" series really looks like! The pace has slowed down recently but the first 15 episodes or so really have neck-breaking pace.

Quote:
Does the story get, like, slowpaced or does it use lots of flashbacks?[cough Naruto, bleach, onepiece...list goes on]
Believe me, flashbacks is Brotherhood's strong point! They're all exciting and well-written background stories that add to character developments. Some people here even like them better than the main story (well, story-wise at least)!

Pacing in Brotherhood is all over the place to tell the truth, but overall it's quite fast paced. You can get tons of information in just one episode.

Quote:
Basicly, I don't want to destroy the stunning image of FMA in my mind, by watching some cash-cow-filler-thing...
Imo, your image of FMA can only be improved by watching Brotherhood. It's superior to the 1st series in many aspects: plot, character developments, animation, art, ect...And this comes from someone who has been in love with the 1st FMA first.
Ziziphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 10:22   Link #348
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Imo, your image of FMA can only be improved by watching Brotherhood. It's superior to the 1st series in many aspects: plot, character developments, animation, art, ect...And this comes from someone who has been in love with the 1st FMA first.
Seconded. I really loved the first anime, but in comparison the story and characterization are so much better fleshed out. I still like the first adaptation, but it can't hold it's ground to the manga/brotherhood in my opinion. It's just that good
And it's not slow paced, in case you mean they stand there for an hour ranting while in a fight. The plot moves pretty fast and fights rarely carry over in the next episode - they aren't dragged out at all.

So my advice is the same as from those before: Go try it. Epicness awaits you.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 12:59   Link #349
Vicious108

I gotta disagree on the "art" part. I prefered the first anime's. It was more sharp and consistent, IMO.

Though Brotherhood's animation quality is undeniably superior of course.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 09:17   Link #350
Kasiro

Ok, seems like I should give it a go...

Oh and with flashbacks, I only dislike those that show, what has been shown like 10 episodes ago or something, if it's a ''new'' flashback, then it's alright with me.
Kasiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 22:16   Link #351
Arjento

I may start watching the Brotherhood adaptation.

I know it follows the manga, but is it from a different timeline from the original FMA or from the end of the movie? (loved them both!)

And is the manga still ongoing?

Thanks
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 00:06   Link #352
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
I may start watching the Brotherhood adaptation.

I know it follows the manga, but is it from a different timeline from the original FMA or from the end of the movie? (loved them both!)

And is the manga still ongoing?

Thanks
It's the same timeline as the first FMA series, not the alternate world that is displayed in the movie.

Fullmetal Alchemist manga is still ongoing and is close to ending (it's in its last stages now, with the Brotherhood anime catching up).
Old 2010-04-04, 08:22   Link #353
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statonxyb View Post
It's the same timeline as the first FMA series, not the alternate world that is displayed in the movie.

Fullmetal Alchemist manga is still ongoing and is close to ending (it's in its last stages now, with the Brotherhood anime catching up).
Ok thanks.

Damn, has it been confirmed that FMA manga will end soon?

Thought it could go the way of One Piece.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 10:23   Link #354
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Ok thanks.

Damn, has it been confirmed that FMA manga will end soon?

Thought it could go the way of One Piece.
Well, I'm not sure if there has been a confirmation or not, but where things are plot-wise, it's drawing to a conclusion.

And please no One Piece - I like my series to have an end in sight.
Old 2010-04-15, 05:06   Link #355
speez

I see alot of people posting that they are skeptical of Brotherhood cause they cherrish the first anime so much. I'll throw my personal opinion out there.

I LOVED the first series, like many of us. At the time I didn't even know there was a manga also, but kinda figured there was. After the first anime ended I did some homework and found that the first anime split off and did it's own thing when it got close to the manga. In fact, the first anime only follows the first 25 or so chapters of the manga, with each chapter being pretty beefy.

I'm not really a manga reader, but I broke down cause my love of FMA and started reading the manga. And I was hooked. Everything I knew of FMA was turned upside down....in a good way. Now I faithfully read the manga every month.

Then they announced Brotherhood and I was eager to watch it. To tell you the truth, the first 13 or so episodes of Brotherhood seemed very rushed....compared to the first anime. The first anime, not really having much material to work with really really filled the earlier story while it seemed Brotherhood wanted to get through stuff done before and get to the new material.

But once you get to the new stuff, you'll be hooked. New characters, characters you thought you new go into a different direction, and even completely different homomculs.

TLDR: The first anime is great, but don't be blinded by nostiglia for skipping the superior Brotherhood.
speez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 10:28   Link #356
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by speez View Post
I see alot of people posting that they are skeptical of Brotherhood cause they cherrish the first anime so much. I'll throw my personal opinion out there.

I LOVED the first series, like many of us. At the time I didn't even know there was a manga also, but kinda figured there was. After the first anime ended I did some homework and found that the first anime split off and did it's own thing when it got close to the manga. In fact, the first anime only follows the first 25 or so chapters of the manga, with each chapter being pretty beefy.

I'm not really a manga reader, but I broke down cause my love of FMA and started reading the manga. And I was hooked. Everything I knew of FMA was turned upside down....in a good way. Now I faithfully read the manga every month.

Then they announced Brotherhood and I was eager to watch it. To tell you the truth, the first 13 or so episodes of Brotherhood seemed very rushed....compared to the first anime. The first anime, not really having much material to work with really really filled the earlier story while it seemed Brotherhood wanted to get through stuff done before and get to the new material.

But once you get to the new stuff, you'll be hooked. New characters, characters you thought you new go into a different direction, and even completely different homomculs.

TLDR: The first anime is great, but don't be blinded by nostiglia for skipping the superior Brotherhood.
Nicely said.
Old 2010-04-15, 16:47   Link #357
qwertyuiopz

how many episodes are there set to be?
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 17:09   Link #358
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
how many episodes are there set to be?
63 in total.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:15   Link #359
ellifeedn
Thinker

Are homunculi susceptible to poisons and diseases? They are human in composition.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 02:06   Link #360
GaimeGuy

No, those are some of the few reasons why having a philosopher's stone actually helps Bradley :P
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote