AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 08:29   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Awesome news about Bones animating this.
It's always awesome news when it comes to BONES animating a new show.
Old 2010-04-07, 09:29   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The anime adaption of Gosick will be animated by Bones.
Wow - score! That's really good news.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:52   Link #23
Jarmel

This is certainly weird. Maybe they're trying to branch out?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 11:14   Link #24
_gallo_

Uhm, I wonder who will handle it. Takuya Igarashi? (I hope not)
Anyway I'm (a lot) perplexed about this announce. Never heard of the novels before but judging just from the covers the art seems heavily influenced by Peach-Pit (and I'm not a really big fan of them). I don't want to ruin the mood but the source material does not look very interesting to me. I think this will be another show I will skip through (Bones...)

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:15   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mystery+ horror+ BONES? Count me in. I'm also very suprised to see BONES picking this up.

I hope they'll keep the voice actors from the drama CD, that's a pretty damn good cast.
Old 2010-04-07, 15:08   Link #26
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mystery+ horror+ BONES? Count me in. I'm also very suprised to see BONES picking this up.

I hope they'll keep the voice actors from the drama CD, that's a pretty damn good cast.
Donno if they keep the drama cd cast but BONES has tendency to replace the original drama cd cast with newer cast.
It's odd that Bones animating this,as I recall BONES never did any light novel adaptation.So far they did original anime,shounen,seinen & shoujo manga adaptation.
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:16   Link #27
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
Donno if they keep the drama cd cast but BONES has tendency to replace the original drama cd cast with newer cast.
It's odd that Bones animating this,as I recall BONES never did any light novel adaptation.So far they did original anime,shounen,seinen & shoujo manga adaptation.
Scrapped Princess is a light novel adaptation.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 12:22   Link #28
Same_Shark

So we've got BONES working on Gosick, so is it too much to ask for Michiru Oshima to compose the music for this?!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:09   Link #29
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
So we've got BONES working on Gosick, so is it too much to ask for Michiru Oshima to compose the music for this?!
I haven't read the novels, but by the artwork/setting/story somehow I don't picture Michiru scoring this. Your post, on the other hand, made me wonder who I'd pick for a show like this, and the most obvious choice was Kajiura Yuki. I think she'd fit nicely in the setting and she'd probably be able to nail those mysterious themes pretty well.

Well, might as well try to start some sort of debate here over this. Do you guys agree? Any other name comes to mind when thinking about this show?? :V
Old 2010-04-09, 23:06   Link #30
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I haven't read the novels, but by the artwork/setting/story somehow I don't picture Michiru scoring this. Your post, on the other hand, made me wonder who I'd pick for a show like this, and the most obvious choice was Kajiura Yuki. I think she'd fit nicely in the setting and she'd probably be able to nail those mysterious themes pretty well.

Well, might as well try to start some sort of debate here over this. Do you guys agree? Any other name comes to mind when thinking about this show?? :V
Well, as much as I love Kajiura-sensei, her music isn't epic enough in the sense that she'd make the music too electronic. Although I can definately see Kalafina getting a theme song in. Maybe even Kanon Wakeshima will redebut with a theme.
Old 2010-04-10, 07:20   Link #31
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Well, as much as I love Kajiura-sensei, her music isn't epic enough in the sense that she'd make the music too electronic. Although I can definately see Kalafina getting a theme song in. Maybe even Kanon Wakeshima will redebut with a theme.
I sort of see what you mean, actually thought about that after I posted, haha.

Still, she can do some non-electronic stuff, too. The last Kalafina album had some very nice stuff, and there are other soundtracks by her like Rekishi Hiwa Historia's.

Derp, anyway, I think I'll go buy the first novel. It'll probaly take a few weeks before it arrives, because the bookstores here need to import it first, but yeah!
Old 2010-04-10, 13:08   Link #32
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hmm, BONES doing this piqued my interest. I might check the first volume to see what's it about (read the synopsis in some places, didn't seem like I'd enjoy it but I'll give it a try now)
Old 2010-04-10, 14:05   Link #33
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I sort of see what you mean, actually thought about that after I posted, haha.

Still, she can do some non-electronic stuff, too. The last Kalafina album had some very nice stuff, and there are other soundtracks by her like Rekishi Hiwa Historia's.

Derp, anyway, I think I'll go buy the first novel. It'll probaly take a few weeks before it arrives, because the bookstores here need to import it first, but yeah!
How about Kenji Kawai? If it's a mystery+horror, then he could pull off music similar to what he did with Higurashi and Fate/stay night, right?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:00   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i'd rather have Kawai Kenji to do the score for this. Much more fitting then Michiru Oshima.
Old 2010-04-10, 18:03   Link #35
Same_Shark

You know, we've all missed another REALLY obvious choice. This'll put all you everyone's choices down, even my own. Ready? YOKO KANNO!! I think she could pull it off nicely.
Old 2010-04-10, 18:08   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

After KnK I'll rather have Kajiura Yuki...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:11   Link #37
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
After KnK I'll rather have Kajiura Yuki...
After Pandora Hearts, I'm inclined to agree.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:13   Link #38
Westlo
Lets be reality

Personally I was kinda disappointed in her Pandora Hearts score, Kara No Kyoukai otoh is easily her best work in the last 5 years.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:28   Link #39
Same_Shark

[QUOTE=Westlo;2997647]Personally I was kinda disappointed in her Pandora Hearts score, Kara No Kyoukai otoh is easily her best work in the last 5 years.[/QUOTE

Yes, Pandora Hearts was not that good. I did enjoy the music in Rakkyo, but most of it was the same few songs in each soundtrack, just remixed in different ways.
Old 2010-04-10, 20:14   Link #40
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Yeah i'd rather have Kawai Kenji to do the score for this. Much more fitting then Michiru Oshima.
Always scared of Kawai after the Higurashi deal. It wasn't bad, per se, but it was surely lacking compared to the original and, well, stuff that's considered "good" overall. Still, if he's inspired, then hell, yeah, it'd be a nice pick.

Kanno... I don't know. She's able to take a shot at pretty much everything, so it could be interesting.

I also thought of another of my favourite composers -- Yasuharu Takanashi. But I'm unsure if his style would fit in the European setting. He's done some great stuff for Jigoku Shoujo and Ayakashi/Mononoke, but I don't think those two scores are what a show like Gosick would require.

Oh boy, so many possibilities... haha.

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen