AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-06-15, 06:00   Link #2061
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No, I think you need to sod off :^)

...jokes aside, I found the writing in this volume to be better than usual. Having a common trope characters seem to help making the characters more alive in this series (see Saegusa's sisters).. their interaction with the Shibas made me think that they're annoying, something which is probably an improvement because I mostly hold no regards with most of the characters in this series. Also the explanation of magic might seem complex like before, but the author toned down the explanation and shorten it, making it easier to read and understand.

Also from the translation, it seems that his usual method in narrating battles is much better because the pacing wasn't as bad as before, it didn't get interrupted by in-battle explanation of how the magic works just like in most of previous volumes. They're mostly borderline need-to-know basis and the detailed version of the explanation was written at the end of the fight, with Tatsuya explaining what it is.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:29   Link #2062
Echizen777

Hey, couldn't Tatsuya easily locate Zhou with Elemental Sight? Or Zhou has something to counter it?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:37   Link #2063
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Hey, couldn't Tatsuya easily locate Zhou with Elemental Sight? Or Zhou has something to counter it?
He hasn't even met Zhou so I doubt he could find him even with ES.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:40   Link #2064
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He hasn't even met Zhou so I doubt he could find him even with ES.
But many persons know his face, they could describe him. With the Yotsuba network it might be possible to have more infos about him too.
Old 2014-06-15, 14:47   Link #2065
IceHism

Quote:
But many persons know his face, they could describe him. With the Yotsuba network it might be possible to have more infos about him too.
Nope. It's Zhou's ability ghost walker that lets him easily manipulate things from the shadows and to avoid people.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:57   Link #2066
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Nope. It's Zhou's ability ghost walker that lets him easily manipulate things from the shadows and to avoid people.
If you're referring to that poor sap that got turned into a popsicle by Miyuki in volume 7, that was someone else. We've never seen Zhou use ghostwalker.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 15:03   Link #2067
Echizen777

Zhou indeed masters Ghost Walker. But I don't think it has the ability to mask his appearance. It redirects people's attention elsewhere. He chatted with Chiaki, almost killed Mitsugu, Masaki, Kudou and Nakura knows his face.
Old 2014-06-15, 15:07   Link #2068
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
If you're referring to that poor sap that got turned into a popsicle by Miyuki in volume 7, that was someone else. We've never seen Zhou use ghostwalker.
???, No, i'm talking about Zhou who can use ghost walker. and he's a master of ancient magic. I don't think it will be easy to catch him.

Quote:
Zhou indeed masters Ghost Walker. But I don't think it has the ability to mask his appearance. It redirects people's attention elsewhere. He chatted with Chiaki, almost killed Mitsugu, Masaki, Kudou and Nakura knows his face.
He doesn't mask his appearance. But he does manipulate others around him to be unable to keep their attention on him.

None of the 10mc families are that united that they share information.

I think you're overestimating the capabilities of elemental sight a bit here.
Old 2014-06-15, 15:22   Link #2069
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
???, No, i'm talking about Zhou who can use ghost walker. and he's a master of ancient magic. I don't think it will be easy to catch him.

He doesn't mask his appearance. But he does manipulate others around him to be unable to keep their attention on him.
Yes but still, he was facing Chiaki, Masaki and drank with Nakura while they were talking, I find it hard to believe that they were looking elsewhere why talking to him. There is also the illustartion with Chiaki looking at him.
Quote:
None of the 10mc families are that united that they share information.
If he manages to convince Chiaki, he could know. Or even by chatting with Masaki, his encounter with him should not be something to overlook. He gave him informations in vol 13 so that's not impossible.

Quote:
I think you're overestimating the capabilities of elemental sight a bit here.
It was mentioned that nobody can escape his ES. Regardless the distance, he can find you. So, by knowing your face and with enough concentration like in volume 10 whether the target is in another country or not he can find it.

Spoiler for Quote:
Old 2014-06-15, 15:33   Link #2070
IceHism

Quote:
Yes but still, he was facing Chiaki, Masaki and drank with Nakura while they were talking, I find it hard to believe that they were looking elsewhere why talking to him. There is also the illustartion with Chiaki looking at him.

If he manages to convince Chiaki, he could know. Or even by chatting with Masaki, his encounter with him should not be something to overlook. He gave him informations in vol 13 so that's not impossible.

It was mentioned that nobody can escape his ES. Regardless the distance, he can find you. So, by knowing your face and with enough concentration like in volume 10 whether the target is in another country or not he can find it.

Spoiler for Quote:
But Tatsuya didn't see or know Zhou. That's the thing.
Tatsuya doesn't know that Masaki or Chiaki had met Zhou and i doubt that Masaki is extremely wary of Zhou that he would tell Tatsuya about it since the meeting really doesn't concern Tatsuya. Masaki couldn't even launch a full investigation on him with the ichijou family as he was just a random person. Nakura is pro-saegusa and thus anti-yotsuba.

Infact, Chiaki had forgotten all about Zhou. He made her forget at the hospital.
Quote:
"If you feel regret."

Chiaki's eyes were glazed.

"If you feel the burden is too heavy."

Her consciousness was entirely dominated by Zhou's voice.

"Then just forget about me."

"Forget......?"

Chiaki involuntarily spoke these words; she wasn't even aware what she was saying.

"Yes, just forget about me."

"Forget...... Is it OK to forget......?"

Under Zhou's guidance, Chiaki allowed herself to forget.

"Yes, all you have to do is forget."

"Understood...... I will forget......"

Chiaki gave herself the order to forget.

It could be possible that the yotsuba information network has something on him.... and that is possibly what will be expanded on in volume 14.
Old 2014-06-15, 16:17   Link #2071
Echizen777

Chiaki forgot then. Excluding Nakura, Masaki is still a possibility IMO. If next volume is indeed about the Thesis Competition they will definitely meet each other again. The possibility of these two to talk about GAA and the terrorists of last year is not zero. He could mention innocently that he met a certain Zhou Gongjin and Tatsuya would understand immediately, asking for more details.
Old 2014-06-15, 16:24   Link #2072
IceHism

Quote:
Chiaki forgot then. Excluding Nakura, Masaki is still a possibility IMO. If next volume is indeed about the Thesis Competition they will definitely meet each other again. The possibility of these two to talk about GAA and the terrorists of last year is not zero. He could mention innocently that he met a certain Zhou Gongjin and Tatsuya would understand immediately, asking for more details.
I'm pretty sure that Tatsuya will hear about Zhou from Maya or the kuroba directly. He was sent to chinatown at the end of volume 13 for a reason.
Old 2014-06-17, 20:04   Link #2073
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Do you know what happened to Baka-tsuki?
I can't access it.
Site maintenance?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 21:12   Link #2074
amtro
Distro

Licensing trouble from what I've heard Concerning Index, Yen Press is involved. Don't worry, the chapters are backed up elsewhere, but recent translations aren't however.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 21:20   Link #2075
Sinarblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Do you know what happened to Baka-tsuki?
I can't access it.
Site maintenance?
From their face book page

Spoiler for baka-tsuki facebook:

So ultimately it is unknown why though there was random rumours flying around for a bit, but it is at the very least not closed down permanently.
Sinarblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 22:47   Link #2076
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinarblood View Post
From their face book page

Spoiler for baka-tsuki facebook:

So ultimately it is unknown why though there was random rumours flying around for a bit, but it is at the very least not closed down permanently.
The site is back online.

It's all A-okay now.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-06-18, 00:50   Link #2077
Hokoga

chapter 4 of v13 is up on baka-tsuki
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 03:28   Link #2078
Verisimilitude

Poor Tatsuya. Now everyone that knows who he really is seem to want to factor him in their schemes. As if the Yotsuba weren't enough....
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 04:02   Link #2079
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Poor Tatsuya. Now everyone that knows who he really is seem to want to factor him in their schemes. As if the Yotsuba weren't enough....
He is a magnet.

Effective against both chicks and problems.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-06-18, 04:35   Link #2080
CatRules
Shipper

Lately, I began to fear Ayako's potential as an OTP.................... her specialty is what Tatsuya needs