AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-29, 14:14   Link #281
fignae
floofer. floof.

Too tired to squint at Japanese characters right now so I'm just leaving the links here. A two-page magazine scan of Aaeru and Eri. Probably contains no new information.

http://i3.tinypic.com/ws0nxh.jpg (from here)
http://i3.tinypic.com/ws0olu.jpg (from here)
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 17:30   Link #282
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
Too tired to squint at Japanese characters right now so I'm just leaving the links here. A two-page magazine scan of Aaeru and Eri. Probably contains no new information.
http://i3.tinypic.com/ws0nxh.jpg (from here)
http://i3.tinypic.com/ws0olu.jpg (from here)
I haven't read the whole thing, but already there is one piece of new info from the left-hand column on Eri's page: Daikuuriku is divided into well over a hundred countries. Shimurakurumu Kyuukoku (Simulacrum Palace Country) is a small, mountainous country without seas. And besides Argentumu Shoukoku (Argentum Reef Country), there is one other country called Purunbumu Reikoku (Purunbum Ridge Country). At least that's literally how things seem to translate.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 19:48   Link #283
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4 (Futaba-chan's synopses):
I got that bit wrong; I'll update the copy that was posted to reflect this.

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Another spot that I'll go back and correct; thanks!

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for episode 4:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 4:
Thank you so much for the feedback... my Japanese is very limited, and I'm really glad for any help from anyone who understands the dialogue better. I'd appreciate it very much if you'd be willing to correct my mistakes in further synopsis attempts as the season progresses.

Did I make any errors in episode 3?
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 19:50   Link #284
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'll correct the synopsis to reflect this.
Old 2006-05-01, 20:16   Link #285
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Maybe I'm just too fond of the show to be objective
There's something special about this series that I'm still trying to put my finger on. I enjoyed Kashimashi, for example, but Simoun has really grabbed me in ways that other series haven't. I feel like Simoun is its own fandom, and not just a part of being a fan of anime in general....

Quote:
Isn't Nana practically "mainstream" after the success of the movie? Maybe that explains both those facts.
There just isn't quite so much to say about Nana as there is about Simoun. It's a very well-done shoujo drama, and I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't ask the questions or propose the intriguing possibilities that Simoun does, and it doesn't make you think as much. Miyazaki once said about the Nausicaa manga that he was trying to make something more substantial that wasn't just manga that you'd read while slurping soba noodles. Simoun is like that, too, while Nana goes well with soba.

We don't have to mull over why the two Nanas chose to be female, or speculate about whether the Shinkansen is powered by the engineers kissing each other, or try to figure out the structure of the Tokyo government. And we know how to romanize "Tokyo," "Black Stones," "707," and so forth....
Old 2006-05-01, 20:36   Link #286
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui from Okinawa
- hypothesis A- (a lot of theories)
When they goes to fountain and sex is fixed, and it starts and the birth ability is caused. It is not possible to give birth if sex is not fixed.
Only the effect of Estorojen as the girl.

-hypothesis B- (small number of theories)
The Fountain, and the change to the man is begun only by the person who selects a man.
Therefore, it matures as it is as a woman, and birth is also possible if it leaves the society when the fountain is refused and it lives.
That's another very good unanswered question. I think that hypothesis A is probably correct. Among other things,
Spoiler for episode 2:

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-05-01 at 20:51.
Old 2006-05-01, 20:45   Link #287
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Episode 4 Synopsis (revised)

Simoun (シムーン)
Episode 4: "Nearby War" (近い戦争)

Many thanks to wrex_japan, Guppy, and fignae for catching mistakes in the earlier draft. Please don't hesitate to point out other mistakes -- my Japanese is very weak, and part of the reason why I'm doing this is to force myself to learn more.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

END OF EPISODE
Old 2006-05-02, 06:14   Link #288
Simon
気持ち悪い

Couple of quick things while I'm staying up to wait for ep 5... First is a new six-minute interview with Niino Michi (Aeru) and Takahashi Rieko (Neviril), available as streaming WM. Second, my CD singles arrived today - I don't know if it's a first-pressing bonus or standard issue, but they each come with a nice jacket illustration (OP, ED). It's interesting to see the girls looking so feminine, and the ED art makes me appreciate what a cute nose Aeru has

(Although the artwork is from the back of the package, I notice it was prominently displayed in this Akihabara store on Sunday.)

Last edited by Simon; 2006-05-02 at 06:44.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 08:32   Link #289
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 5 raw

I love this show. From the first strains of the OP, I am in a beautiful -- and terrible -- world.

Is it the story? Yes. In eps1-2, I thought the death of Amuria was being taken too easily, and that Neviril was a bit plastic. Wrong on both counts. Is it the look of things? Definitely yes. Is it the Simoun? Yes, again: who are you, besides being Korean, Jin Seob Song? (He/she was the mecha designer.) Is it the music? Another definite yes. Is it the characters? For sure. Because of the world they grow from, they are unique. Is it the voice-acting? Yes, once again in part because of the world/story they speak in.
Spoiler for very rough ep5 summary:
Spoiler for ep5 reaction:
By the way, I notice that there are rather poor reviews of this show over at animenewsnetwork.com. I'm about to add my review. Perhaps others who like the show might take a look? And I have added Dominūra to my characters page and have added a picture and details to the wiki.

And I have a suggestion for the spelling of Guragief's name: Guraghief. In this episode, Anubituf says it, and the "g" is clearly hard, not soft like a "j". My earlier mistake. I've changed it on my characters page.

Dominura is played by Yukana, the VA who was Tessa in all the FMP series, and also played Eri in this one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-02 at 16:16.
Old 2006-05-02, 17:47   Link #290
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I love this series! I didn't get most of what was happening in this episode and yet I totally loved it. What's wrong with me? And thanks for the summary, it was really helpful.

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 19:08   Link #291
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler for the manga:
Old 2006-05-02, 19:17   Link #292
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And I have a suggestion for the spelling of Guragief's name: Guraghief. In this episode, Anubituf says it, and the "g" is clearly hard, not soft like a "j".
The dying auriga from Chor Cup in episode 1 also pronounces his name with a hard 'g'. (The fansub mistransliterates his name as "Kurakia.")
Old 2006-05-02, 19:27   Link #293
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Is it the Simoun? Yes, again: who are you, besides being Korean, Jin Seob Song?
My one annoyance about the Simoun (and the Simile, too) is that the helical motors don't appear to be attached at all! When the Simoun are parked, characters climb over them, bang on them, and so forth, as if they were solidly connected. That pushes my "willing suspension of disbelief" button a bit. One of the things that I always respected about the various Macross series, for example, is that they always took care in their mechanical design to come up with something plausible.

I could buy that there's some mysterious force -- gravity control, for example, or magnetic fields -- operating on the helical motors, but if that's the case, shouldn't there be play in them? And more to the point, shouldn't they fall off completely if the Simoun is destroyed, and whatever force was suspending them no longer operates? It's an unusual and pretty design, but how is it really supposed to work?

On the other hand, I absolutely love Arcus Prima....

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-05-02 at 19:51.
Old 2006-05-02, 21:14   Link #294
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
My one annoyance about the Simoun (and the Simile, too) is that the helical motors don't appear to be attached at all! When the Simoun are parked, characters climb over them, bang on them, and so forth, as if they were solidly connected. That pushes my "willing suspension of disbelief" button a bit. One of the things that I always respected about the various Macross series, for example, is that they always took care in their mechanical design to come up with something plausible. I could buy that there's some mysterious force -- gravity control, for example, or magnetic fields -- operating on the helical motors, but if that's the case, shouldn't there be play in them? And more to the point, shouldn't they fall off completely if the Simoun is destroyed, and whatever force was suspending them no longer operates? It's an unusual and pretty design, but how is it really supposed to work? On the other hand, I absolutely love Arcus Prima....
I just looked at the first part of ep3, where Morinas is looking at the Simouns. At around 4:05 in my raw, you can see a dark armature that passes in from the right-hand side of the picture into the space between the Helical Motorises. When the HM spins down, perhaps that comes in and grabs onto some part of the superstructure of the motor, maybe the larger golden curved spokes. Or something like that.

I actually have more problem with the Arcus Prima, because although I take for granted that there is some kind of big HM in the snailshell, I've never seen it moving. And the Maaju Pool is also a mystery to me.

But in any case, the beauty of the Simouns, especially landing and taking of, makes my willing-suspension-of-disbelief factor very, very high. And so does the beauty of the aerial ballet in the Maaju Pool. Or of the Arcus. Any sufficiently advanced.... (A cop-out, I know, lol.)
Old 2006-05-02, 23:13   Link #295
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
I just looked at the first part of ep3, where Morinas is looking at the Simouns. At around 4:05 in my raw, you can see a dark armature that passes in from the right-hand side of the picture into the space between the Helical Motorises.
That looks like the articulated frame that the "wings" are attached to, that holds them and moves them in and out as the Simoun changes between landing and flight configuration.

Quote:
I actually have more problem with the Arcus Prima, because although I take for granted that there is some kind of big HM in the snailshell, I've never seen it moving.
That is rather mysterious, isn't it? I've wondered about that. Does AP have some other propulsion mechanism that it's using to cruise around and stay airborne? For that matter, can Arcus Prima herself trace out really enormous Ri Maajon patterns? What happens when they spin that (or those -- it looks like there are two of them, side by side) up?

Quote:
And the Maaju Pool is also a mystery to me.
Indeed... do the flight suits only work in the pool? If they work outside of it, why not wear them on actual missions as a substitute for a parachute? If the pool is the only place where they work, shouldn't there be a safety net on the bottom to prevent a Sibylla from wandering out of it and plummeting to her death? For that matter, shouldn't there be one anyway, in case a spectator at the pool's edge falls in?
Old 2006-05-03, 08:53   Link #296
Altimit

Quote:
Indeed... do the flight suits only work in the pool? If they work outside of it, why not wear them on actual missions as a substitute for a parachute? If the pool is the only place where they work, shouldn't there be a safety net on the bottom to prevent a Sibylla from wandering out of it and plummeting to her death? For that matter, shouldn't there be one anyway, in case a spectator at the pool's edge falls in?
There arn't any railings/nets/etc around the edge of the forward platform on the airship either. I'm guessing they just take it for granted not to fly out or fall in. If somone is foolish enough to do so it's just natural selection at work :P

Even in reality it's only fairly recently that people have put fences around ever ledge more than a few feet tall. They only do it now because people are so careless and sue-happy.
Altimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 09:24   Link #297
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimit
There arn't any railings/nets/etc around the edge of the forward platform on the airship either.
Huh? There's a railing there; in one scene, Neville and Paraietta lean against the railings on opposite sides and stare out at the scenery.
Old 2006-05-03, 09:33   Link #298
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
But in any case, the beauty of the Simouns, especially landing and taking of, makes my willing-suspension-of-disbelief factor very, very high. And so does the beauty of the aerial ballet in the Maaju Pool. Or of the Arcus. Any sufficiently advanced....
Exactly!

Quote:
If the pool is the only place where they work, shouldn't there be a safety net on the bottom to prevent a Sibylla from wandering out of it and plummeting to her death?For that matter, shouldn't there be one anyway, in case a spectator at the pool's edge falls in?
I guess the pool just wouldn't look that nice if there was a safety net. Maybe even if you fall you will bounce back because it rejects people who don't wear a special (magical?) suit? Quite a contrived explantion, I know. Another possibility is that the suits are needed just to leave a trail so that the movements of the Sibyllas can be followed easier and there is nothing else special about them?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 22:48   Link #299
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Identification of Shimoun composition each Craft in "Choir-the Tempest"

I renewal Simoun Airframe & World fan page in Compensatory holiday in JAPAN " Constitution Day ".http://www.geocities.jp/emiri_0623/simoun02-e1.htm
Orijinal -Source is Japanese"Simoun Wikipedia page"http://dempa-kitaa.hp.infoseek.co.jp....cgi?FrontPage

We, the Gull-Force of "Argentum air corps", we code-nemed the Shimoun each craft in ”Choir the Tempest” was examined, by the our Argenum fighter Aurigae (Gram change of case "Auriga").

Please caution to "Round-tail " , that auriga is very dangerous to us , called " The ruler of Slaughter " or " Sibylla(=Maiden) of the hell "!!
We rumored the name is "Dominūra".

Tranlater yui note: They were mis-understood the real-name of "Ace-Sibylla" by the False-information of Simulacrum- Intelligence & Information control part

Now I note that each craft code-name
  1. "Long-hone" ・・・ The craft only for "The Regena ". Neviril & Amuria pair boards in Ep.1 
  2. "Beard. " ・・・ Paraietta / Caim pair boards .
  3. "Dorsal fin. "・・・Alti / Floe pair boards.
  4. "Pair-hone " ・・・ Rōdoreamon’s Special machine, "Sagitta" is changed each time after Erii(/Erifu) reaved.
  5. "Round-tail " ・・・ Because of retired " PAL "(Auriga & Sagitta pair) in Episode 1 Air-combat, Thereafter," Aael " and "Sagetta" that she chose person boards it.
  6. "Twin-tail" ・・・ It is shot down by Episode-1, and the craft repaired and come back for Rimone / Dominura pair boards it by episode 5.

Translater yui note: By the way, The "Dorsal fin. " appeard on the screen (Though "Pair-hone " had to have done Ri Maajon at the beginning of Episode.5.)

The Simoun craft arnament gun of "Round-tail " where it must be twin guns even by Episode4 is single-gunnedte, and the confusion on the site side of the setting is seen.
(The latter is thought to unload Single-gun and to have lightened the machine gun for the reduction of the inertia-control mass if it friendly interprets it. )

By the way, Anime lylic forum released translation opening theme song!
" That Which Is Beautiful Is Good" (Utsukushi Kereba Sore de Ii) by Chiaki Ishikawa

Do you think their translate quality about that lylics?
http://www.animelyrics.com/forum/top...w.pl?tid=23406

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-04 at 08:38.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 10:17   Link #300
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
And I have a suggestion for the spelling of Guragief's name: Guraghief. In this episode, Anubituf says it, and the "g" is clearly hard, not soft like a "j". My earlier mistake. I've changed it on my characters page.
I like the look of that. Shall change it in ANN, thanks!

Quote:
Dominura is played by Yukana, the VA who was Tessa in all the FMP series, and also played Eri in this one.
Didn't recognize her again!

Spoiler for episode 5:
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri