Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 23:56   Link #141
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Chibi-Adult Yuri??

Well after reading this whole thread I don't think there's anything that's gonna keep me from at the very least checking this show out...If any weird feelings come across me while watching it I'll just remember that all the people in this thread are sick too^^...

why not you just put this in a simple way..those producer for strawberry panic are sick...
there isnt any law and regulation in animes that makes homosexual illegal?...are homosexual sick?what is fobidden love actually...
friendshipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 00:02   Link #142
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
well, homosexuality in Japan, culturally and historically is just seen as another aspect of human love.

Besides, its flawlessly beautiful animated 2D lesbians for frick sakes, you'll never find anything so good in the mono 3D place we called reality. unfortunately.

So i think anything goes in our sick little world, as long as it stays there.

Bring on the Chibi-Adult Yuri!

*throws in some Kitsune/Neko/Inu-girls just for fun *
Old 2006-04-12, 00:19   Link #143
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
why not you just put this in a simple way..those producer for strawberry panic are sick...
there isnt any law and regulation in animes that makes homosexual illegal?...are homosexual sick?what is fobidden love actually...
Actually I have no problem with the homosexual aspect as long as it ain't Kyou kara Maou shonen-ai type of stuff I wouldn't watch at gunpoint(Not that i have anything against those who do)...If it's Yuri that's cool since i'm a typical guy...it's just the ages of the younger girls or how they look in comparison to their love-interests that I'm worried about...I'm also worried it might like it ...
Old 2006-04-12, 07:58   Link #144
NeoSam

Quote:
it's Yuri that's cool since i'm a typical guy...it's just the ages of the younger girls or how they look in comparison to their love-interests that I'm worried about...I'm also worried it might like it ...
Well you are supposed to like it :P the manga is published in a magazine thats aimed at you, and the novel is published under a label thats aimed at you too.

So don't worry, like it as much as you can
Old 2006-04-12, 08:09   Link #145
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Think about it this way wing: Eventually you'll feel like an ODB any time you look at an attractive girl that's a certain age younger than you, you're just getting an early start.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 08:55   Link #146
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
Think about it this way wing: Eventually you'll feel like an ODB any time you look at an attractive girl that's a certain age younger than you, you're just getting an early start.
That's the perrenial problem with liking anime characters. Since they never age, even if at the point you started liking them (say you were 15 when you began liking... Eva's Asuka for example...), you wouldn't be considered an ODB; a couple of years down the road (+3 years and you've crossed the 18 threshold) you inevitably will be.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:37   Link #147
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thisi s probably one of the best shows this season for me. Brillaint VA work.. nice music - and good characters.. really looking forward to a lot more. ^_^
Old 2006-04-12, 14:53   Link #148
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:33   Link #149
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

I don't understand why you guys think age is such a problem. It's true they're under 18 but not -that- much.

When they say fourth grade, they mean fourth grade integrated between middle school and high school. This means that Nagisa is the equivalent of a sophomore in high school (~15 years of age). 6th grade would then mean around 17 years of age or senior of high school.

That's plenty old enough esp. with the way people are starting to date younger and younger. Kids date in -middle- school now, and when they gush or angst about their respective BF/GF, I have to resist the urge to say, "Dude. You're in middle school. You're -twelve-, brat, and you're probably not going to marry him/her. Chill."
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 22:42   Link #150
NeoSam

Chapter 3 of the seinen yuri manga is out

Torrent available here: Manganews.
Old 2006-04-14, 01:51   Link #151
Diedrupo

Quote:
Chibi-Adult Yuri??

Well after reading this whole thread I don't think there's anything that's gonna keep me from at the very least checking this show out...If any weird feelings come across me while watching it I'll just remember that all the people in this thread are sick too^^...
They may be drawn chibi, but they are high school age. In Japan, the target audience may be 18-40 year old males, but outside of Japan, most anime watchers are high school/young college kids, so it really evens itself out even despite the cultural difference.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 18:38   Link #152
Ness
Music Whore

Send a message via MSN to Ness
Marimite with less beating around the bush! Woosh!

*Cough.* Sorry.

I have both one Anime episode and the three first chapters. I really like the art, although I'm expecting a little more of plot (oh, sure, I like to see shoujo-ai/yuri, but a plot is always good)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak
(...) people are starting to date younger and younger. Kids date in -middle- school now, and when they gush or angst about their respective BF/GF, I have to resist the urge to say, "Dude. You're in middle school. You're -twelve-, brat, and you're probably not going to marry him/her. Chill."
Ha ha ha, I know what you mean. I have the same thing with my sister. I actually laughed like a whore high on crack when I figured out, and then smacked the back of her head for having lied to the guy - who was actually a friend of ours - about her age (she told him she was fourteen when she was thirteen).
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 03:28   Link #153
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Woot I can't believe I actually checked every single post in this thread before writting this.

Just finished watching the first episode and it turned much better than I though it would be. The manga seems a little better at the moment, So I am gonna wait a bit more before deciding wich of the two is better for me.

And with regards to the whole Maria sama comparison thing.... All I am gonna say is that I actually enjoyed this episode more than the first one for Marimite.
Old 2006-04-15, 17:28   Link #154
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The second episodes was also funny, although much less than the first one but when will this series actually start having a real plot? And how many times will Shizuma be interrupted before she manages to kiss Nagisa? It's getting too repetitive.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 16:23   Link #155
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, i don't think we need a plot right now - and i remember hearing the series was gonna last 26 episodes, plenty of time.

Episode 02 was a lot more interesting, just gotta love Shizuma. <3
Old 2006-04-17, 20:06   Link #156
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Strawberry Panic 1 (Xvid/H.264) out by Doremi-fansubs. Time to play catch up, I guess.

I like Tamao-chan the best!

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 21:21   Link #157
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Is it me or was Shizuma picking on dear Aoi?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 22:38   Link #158
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Is it me or was Shizuma picking on dear Aoi?
I wouldn't really say picking on, Aoi probably just stands out to Shizuma.

Hmm, i think i might look into the manga.. i just need more Shizuma.
Old 2006-04-17, 23:46   Link #159
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
why isn't animesuki post Serin's releases? o.o
cool show! ^^
agrees with what tjalorak said in his last post about age (they're not THAT young!!) and homosexuallity is excellent. ^^ LOL
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 10:10   Link #160
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

That's it, I'm keeping this series. Tamao x Nagisa FTW!

In the preview to episode 3, seems like poor Nagisa got kidnapped again. Tamao! Protect Nagisa from the evil clutches of Shizuma!!!

Her kiss would probably suck the soul out of Nagisa. Shizuma's nothing but a "kissing vampire".
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri