AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-10-30, 20:22   Link #41
Itsukii
★【SSA karaoker】★
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Itsukii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
The subs seem to be out, although it might be someone trolling. Downloading, will see.

And LOVE & ROLL is a wonderful song. I love Nagi/Gazelle/whatever's voice.
You mean supercell? I love this song too, it's not like the song of supercell sucks (check Bakemonogatari's op/ed) nyaa ~ kimi no shiranai monogatari *_*
Old 2009-10-30, 20:32   Link #42
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Thats it.... ???

MOAR !!

I want MOAR !!!
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 00:55   Link #43
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was rather interesting. I actually found it insanely hilarious at times, believe it or not. What totally made it work for me was the completely deadpan behavior of the characters and the minimalist use of camera movement and BGM. The whole thing is utter absurdity presented in a completely matter-of-fact way, with no effort whatsoever to explain any of it. That dichotomy worked for me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 00:56   Link #44
Xapheron

Hmmm, it was pretty good, but I think the first trailer seemed so much better. It was weird that the first trailer had footage not in the movie. Too bad it was too short, add in 30-45min more of character backstory/explanation and action scenes and it would have been much more awesome.
Xapheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 01:46   Link #45
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapheron View Post
Hmmm, it was pretty good, but I think the first trailer seemed so much better. It was weird that the first trailer had footage not in the movie. Too bad it was too short, add in 30-45min more of character backstory/explanation and action scenes and it would have been much more awesome.
A majority of the footage was not in the movie.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 02:40   Link #46
LusterFlare
Lost.

Mmm, that was good. Yuki for home run!
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 06:01   Link #47
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man, I sorta am not liking this effort simply because it's a single shot deal. Pretty cool, but it feels like watching great animated shorts in the movies. TOO SHORT!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 06:13   Link #48
Kakkou
Tch.

Seeing military tanks shoot at a giant cup of pudding and bomb a giant walnut just pushed all the right buttons with me like that rest of the movie XD. I like it.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 10:45   Link #49
Xapheron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
A majority of the footage was not in the movie.
Yeah, wished it was. Tetsu and Cenco had real badass potential. Having Tetsu lose his badass status so quick in the movie was a bit of bummer but the giant pudding and chibi Cenco were worth it.
Xapheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 10:52   Link #50
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
This was rather interesting, but all I can say is '' wtf ''.

I have no idea what the movie was about, or what was happening. Yet I still liked it lol.. I wish this was a series or something as it could work out ..
Old 2009-10-31, 18:37   Link #51
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
This was rather interesting, but all I can say is '' wtf ''.

I have no idea what the movie was about, or what was happening. Yet I still liked it lol.. I wish this was a series or something as it could work out ..
Yeah. Precisely why I don't like it when they're one-shots. It seems almost all short anime suffer from lack of proper exposition and they go for the zaniness or just mind numbing visuals. Not that it's all that bad for it.
Old 2009-11-01, 02:53   Link #52
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Wow, that was great... but where's the rest of it?
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 04:23   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Personally, that was the beauty of it. We didn't need to know the whole story, you just enjoyed the 30 minute experience. We don't need to know anymore, just focus on what's going on. That's what i did, and i fully enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 2009-11-01, 06:51   Link #54
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Dammit, I want more! *sobs*
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:08   Link #55
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Cencoroll in a nutshell... cock tease.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:34   Link #56
ZODDGUTS

It was alright but it was already done better by a little series called Shadow Star Narutaru.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 11:11   Link #57
klare

hmm what did i just watched...

but the animation is really good
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 02:46   Link #58
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally, that was the beauty of it. We didn't need to know the whole story, you just enjoyed the 30 minute experience. We don't need to know anymore, just focus on what's going on. That's what i did, and i fully enjoyed the hell out of it.
Yeah. It was what it was. Better than most things. Outstanding animation. Enjoyable weirdness. More or less a complete story, if you don't need to know where everything came from. Good music (ryo/supercell, who did the Bakemonogatari ED). Excellent voices -- Hanazawa Kana, Shimono Hiro, Kimura Ryohei (Takizawa in Eden of the East) -- creating interesting characters. That's enough. I don't need any more.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 05:16   Link #59
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Cencoroll in a nutshell... cock tease.
LOLOL. So true.

I don't have too big a problem with shows not having complete stories and all, but to me, a sci-fi sort of lends itself to at least try to show off its world and how its world works. That's the cool part of sci-fi. The world that is so different from ours. It's just happens so that we really only did get a small taste and I have to sort of side with the folks who almost feel like shortchanged since there was potential for more.

Then again, one of my favorite short-series efforts is Alien Nine and fans of that OVA + Manga knows how mysterious the backplot still is even with the manga involved. But even that effort was longer and more fleshed out..
Old 2009-11-16, 21:25   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
...I don't have too big a problem with shows not having complete stories and all, but to me, a sci-fi sort of lends itself to at least try to show off its world and how its world works. That's the cool part of sci-fi. The world that is so different from ours. It's just happens so that we really only did get a small taste and I have to sort of side with the folks who almost feel like shortchanged since there was potential for more....
I think "sci-fi" in the thread title is misleading, and sets up false expectations. I don't see it in the Japanese material linked to from the first post. In fact, "school life" is also a bit misleading, lol. This is fantasy, it seems to me. And excellent animation. And an interesting character, in the girl: why is she so bold?

Maybe the "auteur" is an animator, not a story-teller, and wasn't that concerned with filling out the context. I thought he did a pretty good job of implying a big enough picture to make it meaningful, but the larger background really wasn't there, for sure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-16 at 22:14.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote