AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 45 29.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 15.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 11.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 10.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.65%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-25, 12:52   Link #181
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
^ this show feels incomplete and rushed.
aye, thats why there's several more episodes to go. I'm kind of glad to see this trend of taking the extra episodes needed to tell the story via post-release. I wish they'd just drop these broadcast faux endings completely.
Old 2010-12-26, 03:08   Link #182
Ketro

There's always the PSP endings to look forward to as well
Old 2010-12-27, 12:32   Link #183
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
aye, thats why there's several more episodes to go. I'm kind of glad to see this trend of taking the extra episodes needed to tell the story via post-release. I wish they'd just drop these broadcast faux endings completely.
reminds me how of Kiss X sis is.
maybe they could write in to fit it in.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:29   Link #184
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Yes, the series was totally deprived of fanservice. Still, I'd like to see a second season. With Kirino revealing her deredere side, I think this is just the beginning, not the end.
Ok come on, there certainly was fanservice. Kirino wagging her ass in front of the camera at least once an episode certainly counts. It's not fanservice only if you see skin.
Old 2011-01-02, 21:47   Link #185
Iskandar Taib

I'll have to say, I loved this series overall. Haven't laughed so much since Nodame Cantabile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The America thing was really weird, totally came out of left field. I think it would have been better if subtle hints were dropped earlier, but it's not like it was the focus of it and all. The dad was pretty funny and I can't blame him for being happy that she isn't going, I'm surprised he'd agreed to it in the first place.
The America thing is quite standard. We've seen this before, haven't we? A certain Orange Road episode. Come to think of it, there was a Kyousuke there as well...

The father behaves just like Kirino and Kyousuke do - he can't just come out and say what he feels! Not unusual, actually, and true to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
One thing that really came through in this episode is that Kyousuke and Kirino are both so alike in their stubbornness. The fact that they're related is so totally obvious from their conversation -- whenever they have to be honest or vulnerable, they each put up this total front. Note also that when Kirino was doing her big "it's none of your business" speech, it matched almost exactly the way Kyousuke did his "This party is totally suspect" speech last episode (check particularly the tone of voice). And the reason they get mad at each other is that they both can't get over their own pride and be honest (inherited from their father? )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanibas View Post
I'm sure that was the point the show was trying to make: a sudden personality shift in a sudden way, considering the situation the episode is set in.
Come to think of it.. both the party and Kirino's behavior at breakfast both make plenty of sense, but you will have to have seen the second half of episode twelve for them to make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The fact that Kirino actually did cancel the trip is... rather surprising, actually. She... caved? And it's extremely obvious to both of them that it was all for Kyousuke's sake, and they're both happy with that. So it's sort of a "life goes on" ending, but with Kyousuke and Kirino having something of an understanding of each other. As an "alternate ending", and an ending to the TV airing, it makes sense... but it's really clear that this isn't all there is to say.
She caved? Of course she caved. In this show EVERYONE caves, Kyousuke caves (several times), their father caves, the anime studio caves...

And I don't think it was all for Kyousuke's sake, either - SHE really didn't want to go, or was really torn about wanting to go. She didn't want to leave her friends, her school, her family, yes, even her sibling, even though she treats him like.. well, like manure. Yes, she loves him (though not in the way that many here imply), but she just couldn't come out and say it.

Scary thought: Do you suppose there might be a live action Dorama coming??

Iskandar

Last edited by Iskandar Taib; 2011-01-02 at 22:16.
Old 2011-01-03, 14:34   Link #186
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

I agree that the ending felt a bit rushed ... I would have liked it better if Kirino had left for (North) America but w/e.
Old 2011-01-03, 22:32   Link #187
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
I agree that the ending felt a bit rushed ... I would have liked it better if Kirino had left for (North) America but w/e.
Stay tuned for the additional episodes.....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2011-01-03, 23:15   Link #188
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib View Post
Scary thought: Do you suppose there might be a live action Dorama coming??

Iskandar
Actually, this is "prime material" for a live dorama ala Train Man. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Old 2011-01-09, 11:05   Link #189
revive4563

Quote:
Actually, this is "prime material" for a live dorama ala Train Man. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
I agree with you. This series seems incestuous story but it is a comedy about otaku culture after all.
Maybe this story can become a live action drama of mainstream someday.
Only problem is that junior high schooler is playing eroge (R-18 in Japan) and this IS a core plot.
Old 2011-01-15, 04:13   Link #190
ricchan23
HTT manager..

Send a message via MSN to ricchan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
I agree with you. This series seems incestuous story but it is a comedy about otaku culture after all.
Maybe this story can become a live action drama of mainstream someday.
Only problem is that junior high schooler is playing eroge (R-18 in Japan) and this IS a core plot.
what?
no i mean,if it happen someday,i think it will become bad..
the story will be very complicated..
the anime is more than enough i think....
Old 2011-02-03, 11:13   Link #191
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
Ah, but that is what season two is for, if there is enough popularity to warrant its creation (dowantdowant!!) And the novels are NOT over yet, thank goodness.

Because rumor has it....

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-02-03 at 17:25. Reason: Rumors of future novel events don't belong here...
Old 2011-02-04, 23:29   Link #192
antigone

i sure hope this doesn't get a second season.

Kirino is hands down the most unlikeable female lead in the past five years in anime.
Old 2011-02-05, 07:11   Link #193
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Agreed:

But there's a reason why amongst certain circles this is known as Ore no Kuroneko ga knonna ni kawaii wake ga nai, as she is the real reason why said cicles (such as your's truly) watch this series.
Old 2011-02-05, 15:56   Link #194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its very difficult to make a series about a basically unlikeable person... the series is more about the people *around* Kirino than her really. She's the catalyst for them making contact and interacting.
Old 2011-02-05, 20:22   Link #195
Maugomale

Quote:
Its very difficult to make a series about a basically unlikeable person... the series is more about the people *around* Kirino than her really. She's the catalyst for them making contact and interacting.
Kirino is the pillar that holds the series in it's place, hence why the title is "Ore no Imouto". Unlikeable as she may be, she is what makes the show interesting. Take her out and things won't be the same.

And considering how the series is popular in Japan (not just the anime, the novel as well) and how well the Blu-rays have been selling, I'm sure a second season is imminent.
Old 2011-02-05, 23:34   Link #196
Statistic

Send a message via MSN to Statistic
Finished this today, been awhile sense I liked an Anime this much! I'll be buying it on blue-ray now [if I can find a copy with English-subs]
Old 2011-02-06, 14:47   Link #197
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
You know, I think if Kyousuke reflected on how becoming an otaku got him friends like Kuroneko and Saori, then I think people would have a better opinion on him. I'm sure the novels explore more on that since you observe his actual thoughts. But because we get a lack of explanation between Kirino AND Kyousuke's thoughts in the anime, it's that much harder to sympathize for anything they really do.
Old 2011-02-07, 13:49   Link #198
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Kirino is the pillar that holds the series in it's place, hence why the title is "Ore no Imouto". Unlikeable as she may be, she is what makes the show interesting. Take her out and things won't be the same.

And considering how the series is popular in Japan (not just the anime, the novel as well) and how well the Blu-rays have been selling, I'm sure a second season is imminent.
Well... yeah, you pretty much agreed with me there with the minor nuance between "pillar" and "catalyst". None of the relationships would have happened at all without her. However, I'll differ in that she's ONE of the things that make the show interesting - a major component but not the only component.

I think the chances of a second season depend on how the "real ending" episodes play out. There have been many popular series that never got a second season despite popularity and financial success.
Old 2011-02-07, 20:20   Link #199
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
There have been many popular series that never got a second season despite popularity and financial success.
Or, as Episodes 8 of this very series points out, alienate its fanbase and future producers thanks to a poor, by-the-numbers, commercialized and soulless adaptations of the novel. Notable victims of this syndrome include Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu (killed at Season 2) and Kampfer (which cranked the silly up so high it broke the story).