Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-19, 00:52   Link #581
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
...I have been meaning to ask, exactly how old is Mi-chan? He doesn't look older than 30 to me. If only he changes his hairstyle a little and drop that glasses, I would totally fall for him....
Japanese Wikipedia says he's 25 (I guess that's from the manga). Maybe it's different in the anime, but that seems possible to me. I apologize to more right-thinking people, but I find myself hoping that his shock will turn to romantic interest. Natsume certainly hopes for that. He's totally fallable-for.

In real life, yeah, probably unwise, but hardly uncommon, throughout human history. There is high likelihood of attraction between a girl of 17 (second-year high school) and a guy of 25. I mean, in her eyes he is plenty cool, and in his she may be really cute. We don't know yet. The untapped cigarette means shock, but how he responds to that shock is unrevealed. According to a quick search, the age of consent in Tokyo is 17.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 05:29   Link #582
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In real life, yeah, probably unwise, but hardly uncommon, throughout human history. There is high likelihood of attraction between a girl of 17 (second-year high school) and a guy of 25. I mean, in her eyes he is plenty cool, and in his she may be really cute. We don't know yet. The untapped cigarette means shock, but how he responds to that shock is unrevealed. According to a quick search, the age of consent in Tokyo is 17.
What? There are people who think 17 and 25 is weird?

I guess if you're from the UK or US...
Old 2012-12-19, 05:45   Link #583
Arya

The episode was really good, the designers this time over-worked to make Natsume awesome in each frame she appeared The essence of cuteness. And I agree about her seiyuu, I love her (I first noticed her in one of the first episodes in which she shifted from her cute voice to her puking voice .. it was really hilarious). And I'm not someone who usually notes seiyuu.

Regarding her relationship with Mi-chan, me too got the feeling that the whole thing was set to be seen as an impossible relationship; related to the fact that Natsume has this problem with (peer) males, so looking at a "grown-up" seems to be the perfect escape route (alias: first step to get this over) for her.
But since I don't find them well sorted together (I'm on the Sasayan side) nor the main couple, it is even possible that writers really mean them to get together. If it were the case I would exclude Ooshima ending up with Yamaken or Sasayan either, but Haru's brother instead.

Now if no second season is expected I'm really thinking to read the manga to know what will happen. (But only if this is not the reason that they won't do a second season )

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-12-19 at 05:55. Reason: typos
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 05:49   Link #584
garbage

Natsume stole the show again, it's always a good watch when she's around.

just wonder when will she ever get with sasayan .
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 14:27   Link #585
mirahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
Natsume stole the show again, it's always a good watch when she's around.

just wonder when will she ever get with sasayan .
Well, I'm actually reading the manga now, just to see if something happens between them later on.
mirahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 15:44   Link #586
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
I guess if you're from the UK or US...
I personally don't think it's all that weird.

But for me, Mi-chan was kinda willingly playing an older brother role to Natsume and the talk he had with her seemed to suggest he considered himself older, wiser and "past that phase" so to speak, so the shift in perspective for him would be quite difficult imo. To me this is distinctly different from what we got in Sakamichi no Apollon which had a similar development.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 20:13   Link #587
Jintor

I haven't posted here in years...

This show is excellent. I went back and looked at the manga and while the manga itself is not bad, it doesn't have this amazing sense of pacing and timing that the show has which elevates it above its somewhat standard shojo-ness. But my god, this show! I felt my heart cave in on itself constantly over the first 10 or so episodes (though now we're focusing on other characters it's recovering slowly). Man.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 22:58   Link #588
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

The amount of looks Natsume gave to the camera in this episode was amazing. Really beautiful shots.

And this pretty much means Natsume is an extrovert. Didn't really realize there was an opposite to introvert lol

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 00:11   Link #589
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
And this pretty much means Natsume is an extrovert. Didn't really realize there was an opposite to introvert lol
No idea what you mean here, Chibi.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 00:27   Link #590
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hope she fell to a guy that doesn't smoke.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 16:46   Link #591
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
No idea what you mean here, Chibi.
She lives vicariously through other folks, but without having much of a personality to herself.

http://giftedkids.about.com/od/glossary/g/extrovert.htm

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 23:49   Link #592
Dr. Casey

Oh, so you meant that you've actually never heard of the word 'extrovert' before now? That's interesting; the whole introvert-extrovert concept is common knowledge in the States, but maybe the words are used less in whatever land you hail from.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 00:53   Link #593
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
She lives vicariously through other folks, but without having much of a personality to herself.

http://giftedkids.about.com/od/glossary/g/extrovert.htm
Ehhhh that's not really what it means, while introverts can energize themselves from their ideas alone extroverts get their energy from being around other people, has absolutely nothing to do with personality (I'm pretty social but every test will prove I'm introverted and all of my extroverted friends have plenty of personality no matter if they're alone or with other people). Natsume does seem like an extrovert though considering how bored she gets by herself.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 14:52   Link #594
ookamigirl

Episode 13 Final

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 14:56   Link #595
ditn

hm didnt even knew it was the final episode,very weird indeed.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 15:06   Link #596
Entravity

Hopefully it'll be back. Entertaining series so far. Decent ending for the season.
Old 2012-12-24, 15:37   Link #597
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
Spoiler for final episode next week:
My bad, they didn't skip any chapters. This episode just happens to have the same name as chapter 27 haha..

This episode wasn't so bad for an anime-original episode. I liked how they brought ever character we've met so far together again. I also loled at the bit post credits.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 15:49   Link #598
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quite an uneventful episode. I actually found myself skipping some parts. So does that mean we will be treated to a second season? Hopefully.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 16:34   Link #599
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That indeed didn't feel like a final episode. No sense of closure whatsoever, which isn't unexpected since the manga is still on-going, but still, they could have made this episode a bit more eventful.

I hope they will make another season, since as Mitty herself stated, there is still much to talk about (the closing narration was such a tease).
Old 2012-12-24, 16:55   Link #600
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

All I have to say is that it's a freakin tragedy that this show is only airing for one cour...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo