AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-03, 09:08   Link #301
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Galatea must have realised that she can no longer stay in Rabona. If she stays, she'll only harm those whom she've come to treasure over the years.
Old 2008-03-03, 09:13   Link #302
xChaos
Kurai Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Galatea must have realised that she can no longer stay in Rabona. If she stays, she'll only harm those whom she've come to treasure over the years.
But i thought Claymores werent supposed to harm humans? Anyway, whether Galatea wants to stay is one issue, whether Rabona is willing to accept her is another... just like what Clare did, even though she saved the town, she has to do it in secret, and leave in secret too...
Old 2008-03-03, 09:16   Link #303
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

"Harm" not in the direct sense. But, as long as she stays, who knows what might come next? The citizens were lucky that the 7 came this time, but...
Old 2008-03-03, 09:34   Link #304
xChaos
Kurai Shinigami

o.o yeah its kind of true... But i cant really imagine. Maybe she'll have to go to another town again... thats kind of sad. i doubt the 7 are accepting anymore members. But, who knows? Mr Yagi will decide that for us... the only deciding we can do is whether to buy and support Claymore or not. Haha.
Old 2008-03-03, 09:51   Link #305
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I'm seriously thinking that I'll not see the end of Claymore when I graduate in (at the max) 2 years.
Old 2008-03-03, 10:12   Link #306
yondy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChaos View Post
o.o yeah its kind of true... But i cant really imagine. Maybe she'll have to go to another town again... thats kind of sad. i doubt the 7 are accepting anymore members. But, who knows? Mr Yagi will decide that for us... the only deciding we can do is whether to buy and support Claymore or not. Haha.
She no longer can stay in rabona no matter what after this fight. The organization is after her, remember?
Old 2008-03-03, 10:18   Link #307
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

And riful. She's chased by everyone. Her only friends at the moment are the ghosts.
Old 2008-03-03, 10:29   Link #308
xChaos
Kurai Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
And riful. She's chased by everyone. Her only friends at the moment are the ghosts.
Talk about the injustices in this world! Thats super tragic...poor Galatea. SOBS.
The way you wrong that seems as if its the end of the world for Galatea :O But do you think the ghosts will let her in? Even if they would i think Galatea would not want to join in...
Old 2008-03-03, 10:35   Link #309
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Why not? Clare had fought side by side with her. She is thrustworthy and a renegade. But it depends on how detectable she's at the moment. If she's detectable now perhaps she has to take those black pills a few weeks. Perhaps this would work.
Old 2008-03-03, 10:37   Link #310
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
What about the sequence of events was like this:
  1. "It's a little late to say that, but you guys disgust me"
  2. deserting
  3. blinding herself - hiding silver eyes
  4. living in Rabona
  5. noticing Agatha, who lives there as well
  6. staying in Rabona

After living in the city for years, making friends with people, watching children grow, the question would rather be: why wouldn't she try to save them?
It didn't look like this to me. The sequence of events was more like she sensed Agatha when she first came to Rabona and knew how powerful she was but didn't send a request because she thought the org wouldn't send the good task force to finish the job ending up destroying the city. I based that on Galatea's line "I set myself as bait to lure other soldiers from the org" & "so I hid my yoki and waited deep within the city". This made things sound as if she stayed in Rabona just to lure the org not because she was already there and wanted to protect the city. I do admit the logic is rather weak but I couldn't find a meaning for those lines that would fit your sequence of events.

Quote:
After that, seeing how her sensing ability overlaps with Tabatha's, seeing how she said she wasn't like the ghosts, seeing how I cannot see her as a follower nor as the ghosts' leader (can you?), I think she'll just keep staying in Rabona.
That's a good point if the translation was accurate. It's an indication that Galatea wont join the ghosts since she believes she is different (why, tho? Is it only because they are well cloaked?) regardless of whether she would continue to live in Rabona or not.

Quote:
On this subject, Miata says the Ghosts are all very strong, the same way she said she smelled a very strong Claymore in Rabona before entering. That may truly mean that every one of them is near Galatea's level, meaning in the same league as Audrey, the current #3 of the org, at least, and that two of them are even stronger, probably going up to awakened levels of strength, like a Raphaella, Teresa or a Priscilla (non-awakened), stronger than Irene....
Not necessarily that saying a "strong claymore" lives in Rabona about Galatea is "strong" to the same extinct as those "2 strong claymores". I think Miria & Clare pretty much demonstrated that they are well more stronger than Galatea in terms of how well and fast they could deal damage to Agatha (and I am not including the first surprise attack). However, I am waiting for the English translation or someone to read the raws and give us the exact translation of Miata's comment to judge better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunater View Post
Great chapter^^ And even Miata #4 showed little fear to #6 & #47... Oh and I loved how helen used #9 Jean`s move on Agatha, or was that her own move? it looked like Jean`s move. And Clara did the windcutter wow XD
Yes, that's Jean's Drill Attack and the Windcutter is Flora's technique as well. Clare and Helen learned it during the 7 years time skip.
Old 2008-03-03, 10:41   Link #311
xChaos
Kurai Shinigami

i dont know, i just have a feeling. Maybe its her character that makes me think so, i cant put it in words...:S
Old 2008-03-03, 10:49   Link #312
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima
Not necessarily that saying a "strong claymore" lives in Rabona about Galatea is "strong" to the same extinct as those "2 strong claymores". I think Miria & Clare pretty much demonstrated that they are well more stronger than Galatea in terms of how well and fast they could deal damage to Agatha (and I am not including the first surprise attack). However, I am waiting for the English translation or someone to read the raws and give us the exact translation of Miata's comment to judge better.
Agreed. IMO:

Yuma > Clare=Miria >> Galatea=Miata > Helen=Deneve > Audrey > Rachel

Any other proposals?
Old 2008-03-03, 10:56   Link #313
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondy View Post
She no longer can stay in rabona no matter what after this fight. The organization is after her, remember?
Hmm, she could stay in Rabona. There is little problem with Riful, the org or anyone else chasing her. Problem arise when they find her, and that is still up in the air.

Riful is unlikely to know anything or she would have popped up.

The org is entirely dependant on Clarice's report. She and Miata could decide to say it was just another AB they met on the way and dealt with, and then continue roaming the country faking a Galatea hunt. They could alternatively talk about the ghost 7, omitting Galatea.

Anyway, even if they told the truth, what can the org do? Launch a full-scale attack on Rabona, a city where they are forbidden to enter, with all their claymores under yoki suppressant? What would they do then? The ghosts are stronger than they are, and Galatea can sense them coming even under suppressant, so they would walk either in a trap that would decimate the whole organisation if their apparent opponent chose to fight, or walk into an empty city if they chose to flee. Either way, the apolitical status of the org would be ruined.
Old 2008-03-03, 10:59   Link #314
xChaos
Kurai Shinigami

whats it about? shouldnt it be Clare=Miria >Galatea(=Yuma?)=Miata
Helen=Deneve <Audrey < Rachel
right?
Old 2008-03-03, 11:00   Link #315
xChaos
Kurai Shinigami

Quote:
Hmm, she could stay in Rabona. There is little problem with Riful, the org or anyone else chasing her. Problem arise when they find her, and that is still up in the air.

The org is entirely dependant on Clarice's report. She and Miata could decide to say it was just another AB they met on the way and dealt with, and then continue roaming the country faking a Galatea hunt. They could alternatively talk about the ghost 7, omitting Galatea.

Anyway, even if they told the truth, what can the org do? Launch a full-scale attack on Rabona, a city where they are forbidden to enter, with all their claymores under yoki suppressant? What would they do then? The ghosts are stronger than they are, and Galatea can sense them coming even under suppressant, so they would walk either in a trap that would decimate the whole organisation if their apparent opponent chose to fight, or walk into an empty city if they chose to flee. Either way, the apolitical status of the org would be ruined.
Oh yes, what i was trying to say. Finally someone with a greater knowledge of english to make that understandable.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:02   Link #316
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
I suspect a lot of questions will be answered next chapter. To bad its a month away I might forget by then.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:08   Link #317
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:

Even if you're right, what is with her arm and her eyes? Don't believe that she's going to stay like this forever. To regenerate she has to release her yoki.

Quote:
right?
Don't underestimate the yuma - punch
Old 2008-03-03, 11:10   Link #318
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
right?
Hahah.. irvinethearcher put Yuma there as a joke since it seems he is a Yuma punch fanboy
Old 2008-03-03, 11:15   Link #319
lsley
*Graphic Designer

I guess there'll be the fab 8 now =D
But I'm really interested what miata and clarice are going to do...
Miata: Hey you 7, i pwn you, give me galateas head!
Old 2008-03-03, 11:29   Link #320
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

There is one line that I didn't quite get. Miria said "If these guys are a unit, then you must be their leader". Who was she referring to when she said "guys"?
Closed Thread