AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 21:15   Link #81
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

They had a skit where the two of them would fight over a random topic that the listeners had submitted. It was all ad-lib and it usually got pretty hectic. They also always had to make up at the end no matter how fierce the fight was, which usually led to some rather hilarious results.

I haven't been following since March (they were discussing spoiler contents and I haven't finished the game yet), but apparently there's a new corner where Naba practices the songs from WA2 on the piano, and I don't think she knows how to play the piano, so I'm looking forward to that. :P
Old 2013-05-16, 13:09   Link #82
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
They had a skit where the two of them would fight over a random topic that the listeners had submitted. It was all ad-lib and it usually got pretty hectic. They also always had to make up at the end no matter how fierce the fight was, which usually led to some rather hilarious results.
What on Earth would they fight about, I wonder?

Quote:
I haven't been following since March (they were discussing spoiler contents and I haven't finished the game yet), but apparently there's a new corner where Naba practices the songs from WA2 on the piano, and I don't think she knows how to play the piano, so I'm looking forward to that. :P
If Nana Mizuki were on the show, I'm sure she could teach "Nabachii" how to play the piano better.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 23:12   Link #83
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Instead of a real piano, they're making her practice using an ipad app. >_>_>

Apparently vol.2 of the radio CDs had Maruto (the writer) and Shimokawa (the boss and song maker) as guests, and they talked a ton about the anime. Too bad I don't have it.
Old 2013-06-05, 09:34   Link #84
Mazryonh

Quote:
Instead of a real piano, they're making her practice using an ipad app. >_>_>
That was to be expected--I doubt you could fit an upright piano into many radio booths. Even a dedicated synthesizer like Mugi's from K-ON! would fairly bulky in such a confined space. I have to wonder if the sizes of the keys on the ipad screen are large enough to emulate the size of real piano keys--I can't imagine she has more than an octave (8 keys) to play with on such a small screen.

Quote:
Apparently vol.2 of the radio CDs had Maruto (the writer) and Shimokawa (the boss and song maker) as guests, and they talked a ton about the anime. Too bad I don't have it.
I'm surprised that nothing yet has arisen to let the makers of the anime work the hype machine and reach out to people who haven't played the WA2 games. We don't even know how many episodes the first season will be, though the real attraction of WA2 is the Closing Chapter/Coda part of the story.

They really should put out more information for the fans.
Old 2013-06-05, 10:45   Link #85
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Fall is not so close. So they could wait with the info more (((
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 22:21   Link #86
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Fall is not so close. So they could wait with the info more
It's never too early to work the hype machine. No character designs on the website yet? Why can't we access the WA2 radio show on the website? Why haven't more of the game's seiyuus (like the ever-popular Yuu Asakawa) appeared on the WA2 radio show? What about having the seiyuus (possibly in cosplay) attending comic/doujinshi events to give interviews via panels and sign merchandise to build hype?

I take it they must be banking on those who already bought the games, then. But it never hurts to reach out to more paying customers, even if you're pretty certain that what you have will already sell well. As the 95th Ferengi rule of Acquisition says, "Expand or Die."

I have to ask whether the seiyuus for the heroines in WA2 have been asked who they think Haruki best belongs with on the radio show. Now that would most likely be a hoot to listen to.
Old 2013-06-06, 22:39   Link #87
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
No character designs on the website yet?
Because the anime doesn't come out untill fall, which is still nearly 4 months.

Quote:
Why can't we access the WA2 radio show on the website?
You probably can with a proxy if it's onsen radio

Quote:
Why haven't more of the game's seiyuus (like the ever-popular Yuu Asakawa) appeared on the WA2 radio show?
If you actually followed Asakawa on twitter, then you know that she went and is going to various anime cons outside of japan, like a few weeks ago in Chicago and in August she will be going to Malaysia.

Quote:
I take it they must be banking on those who already bought the games, then. But it never hurts to reach out to more paying customers, even if you're pretty certain that what you have will already sell well. As the 95th Ferengi rule of Acquisition says, "Expand or Die."
The obvious risks of VN adaptations. Even if the original game was succesfull, that doesn't mean that the anime adaptation will be.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:03   Link #88
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Asakawa was on the show back in Nov 2012.
They've had a few events from Feb to April, and Yunezawa wore white and Naba wore back to sort of cosplay.
All guests were asked who they liked better between Katsusa and Setsuna, and also who's their fav.
From what I've observed, I have a lot of hope for this adaptation. Aquaplus' anime adaptations are generally to my liking. Plus, Maruto and Shimokawa seem to be quite involved in this production.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:29   Link #89
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Because the anime doesn't come out untill fall, which is still nearly 4 months.
As I said, having regular updates to the anime website to tease the fans and newcomers would be a nice way to work the hype machine.

Quote:
You probably can with a proxy if it's onsen radio
No, I meant they should have made the WA2 radio show available on the website. I hope that the other heroine's voice actresses get to sing on either the radio show or for the actual anime, because it's a pity they didn't do so for the game.

Quote:
If you actually followed Asakawa on twitter, then you know that she went and is going to various anime cons outside of japan, like a few weeks ago in Chicago and in August she will be going to Malaysia.
Yes, I follow her twitter because she doesn't write her blog in English. More seiyuus should take after her globetrotting ways to attending foreign conventions. It'd be great if she could take Saki Fujita with her since they voice what are to my knowledge the most popular Vocaloids. But Asakawa won't always be out of Japan, and cons last a few days at most, so there should be plenty of time for her to do WA2-related publicity stunts like appearing on the WA2 radio show again.

Quote:
The obvious risks of VN adaptations. Even if the original game was succesful, that doesn't mean that the anime adaptation will be.
Yes, I know that. I bet a lot of people didn't expect the Yosuga no Sora anime adaptation to do very well, but it became a bestseller. I don't know how well the anime adaptation for KoiChoco sold, but the impression here wasn't very good.

Quote:
Asakawa was on the show back in Nov 2012.
Is there any way I could still listen to it? I know it's incredibly likely something like this will get translated, but some generous souls have done so for other anime radio shows before.

Quote:
They've had a few events from Feb to April, and Yonezawa wore white and Naba wore black to sort of cosplay. All guests were asked who they liked better between Kazusa and Setsuna, and also who's their fav.
That must have been nice to watch. But I wanted to know if the heroines' seiyuus had a little group session arguing who Haruki best would end up with. I'm sure that would be funny.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2013-06-07 at 02:30.
Old 2013-06-07, 21:59   Link #90
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Someone has mirrored all radio sessions here. You can find a list of guest appearances here.
Old 2013-06-10, 15:02   Link #91
Mazryonh

Quote:
Someone has mirrored all radio sessions here. You can find a list of guest appearances here.
If I could meet the person responsible, I'd give them a hearty thanks. But I'd be even more thankful if someone could translate them. I'm still surprised that the guest appearances list doesn't list Yoriko Nagata (Koharu's seiyuu), since her and Madoka Yonezawa are both K-ON! "alumni" (and every Otaku and their grandmother's dog loves K-ON!) and they could still do some K-ON! related antics.

I remember groups translating the Amagami-related Drama CDs and character monologues before. Maybe one would be interested in translating the radio show clips?
Old 2013-06-23, 05:37   Link #92
Mazryonh

Can't . . . stand . . . the . . . wait . . . .

Images
Kazusa-chan and Setsuna-chan passing the time before the series airs
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-23, 05:42   Link #93
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Don't tease us
Old 2013-06-23, 20:54   Link #94
sky black swordman

Quote:
Can't . . . stand . . . the . . . wait . . . .

Images
Kazusa-chan and Setsuna-chan passing the time before the series airs
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Are these two old enough to drink?
Old 2013-06-24, 00:25   Link #95
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Are these two old enough to drink?
They are college freshmen in introductory chapter and Closing chapter takes place couple of years later
Old 2013-06-24, 01:12   Link #96
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Spoiler for IC:
Old 2013-06-24, 01:51   Link #97
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Oh. My mistake. I read somewhere that they were college 1st years in IC
Old 2013-06-24, 02:03   Link #98
ArrowSmith

Is this for real? I loved the first season.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 02:07   Link #99
Key Board
Carbon

This has nothing to do with the 1st season
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 18:28   Link #100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I loved the first series too. Loved it to death. I will be tuning in to this to the best of my ability.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical