AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-29, 19:28   Link #221
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Changing Kerrigan back would be cool. And then she could have a big energy pool and be a psi-storming spandex-wearing ninja-bitch!
Old 2007-05-29, 22:53   Link #222
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
For tonight we dine in HELL!!!

Sorry, could'nt resist. :lol:
I prefer

FREEDOM!!!
Old 2007-05-30, 00:06   Link #223
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
What a relief, more like it.
Adding a Protoss-Zerg combination would only show lack of imagination.
The Xel'Naga thing hasn't completly disapeared, although they might add something and call it something else then Xel'Naga, I do believe there is already a Naga in W3 so it might be too cliche to add a Xel'Naga in SC2.
it doesn't really have anything to do with imagination, it's more about story continuity, since in Broodwar they have foretold that Protoss-Zerg will be awakening soon all over the universe, and I hope they don't just throw this story bit away out of the window with no explanation. And Xel'Naga is integral to the whole story right from the beginning, so nothing really cliche now.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 01:50   Link #224
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Some things.. will just have to go away..
Old 2007-05-30, 04:58   Link #225
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
it doesn't really have anything to do with imagination, it's more about story continuity, since in Broodwar they have foretold that Protoss-Zerg will be awakening soon all over the universe, and I hope they don't just throw this story bit away out of the window with no explanation. And Xel'Naga is integral to the whole story right from the beginning, so nothing really cliche now.
I'm glad they weren't added as a race, but I expect them to pop up as a custom race of sorts, during the campaigns.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 14:44   Link #226
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouf 1/2 View Post
i dont agree that they would change her back cause she'll just go back and forth. I agree that a campaign to kill her is likely. Plus, ive done it many times in my own custom battle xD

haha, i love that movie too. Ive tried to replicate the battle in Starcraft and other games too. xD
There is a game Ancient War Sparta if you want to play the battle
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 22:08   Link #227
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

they won't kill kerrgain because this it their ticket to WoSC remember, do I have to show the "people stop peeing" reason again?
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 08:55   Link #228
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

the graphic looks alot like Diablo 1,not much changes.Anyway does any1 knows when it will be released?
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 14:09   Link #229
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

this may be out of topic but does anyone know the date or approximately when will Blizzard will announce its last game project?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 14:15   Link #230
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

penney-arcade # 23/05/2007

this is a geat reason why it took so long to show up
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 06:42   Link #231
Honey_and_Cleaver

The game looks like it sucks. IT needs more explosions and lazer crossing each other rather than each focusing at one unit. The Zeolots need more melee moves. Four legged protoss stinks. Unslimy zerg stinks. Terran vehicles too small, stinks.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 08:43   Link #232
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ errr... you can judge a game only on how it looks?
more explosions and more laser... huh wait... there are tons more explosions and lasers than SCI (well, even Battlecruiser destruction looked like "poof")...and whataver, it wouldn't really suit SC anyway.

also big news : you don't have to rely only on focus, but blizzard didn't have the silly idea to create absurd amount of splash units. (heck, even now, the siege tanks can be considered as "unbalanced" in some ways).

as for zealots and the immortals, they seem to fulfill their respective objective, so what is the deal, really?
Old 2007-06-01, 10:59   Link #233
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
The game looks like it sucks. IT needs more explosions and lazer crossing each other rather than each focusing at one unit. The Zeolots need more melee moves. Four legged protoss stinks. Unslimy zerg stinks. Terran vehicles too small, stinks.
Uhh....this has to be a joke post....I think...right?
Old 2007-06-01, 15:50   Link #234
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
I are l33t
I think he's a little kid that thinks SC is some kind of MMORPG like WoW.
That or a failed attempt to start a flame war.

Want melee units to have "moves", go play WC3, Sc isn't that kind of game, nor it need to be that way.
Old 2007-06-01, 21:21   Link #235
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

FORUM TROLL IS A FOORMU TROOL.

Kinda late but I think I'm a bit sad zlots lost their leg enhancements. Their rush seems to be good but it can be kinda hard to move them from point A to point B, especially when one of your expos get ambushed.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 23:43   Link #236
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
FORUM TROLL IS A FOORMU TROOL.

Kinda late but I think I'm a bit sad zlots lost their leg enhancements. Their rush seems to be good but it can be kinda hard to move them from point A to point B, especially when one of your expos get ambushed.
Erm... considering that the Protoss can teleport from one spot to another spot via the usage of a Phase Prism, they are amongst the last race to have issues with moving around rapidly.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-02, 06:51   Link #237
Honey_and_Cleaver

If you play Rise of Legends and Warhammer, you know what i mean. Seriously with all this hardware computer advancements. What i get is nothing but tiny units and the battle cruiser isnt even a battle ship, at first sight, i thought it was a fighter aircraft. The mother ship looks like a sister ship, a carrier is bigger than that.See from upper perspective, i get the impression im playing nothing but some 3D moving board game.

They didint even focus on the back ground strongly enough, saturn looks flat on the floor, like they build the battlefield on a movie screen.

I know SC1, and to me it looks better than the new one. Because from first sight, i feel dissapointment. Somehow it lost the feel.

This what i expected from SC2. Bigger,cooler looking units and full camera zoom at ground view and rotation. Big battle cruiser with spotlights, marines with bullet shells comming off their guns, cooler zeolot humanoid units,large size protoss four legged mecha, more zergs with creepy looking units with lots of teeth and more legs.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 07:52   Link #238
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
This what i expected from SC2. Bigger,cooler looking units and full camera zoom at ground view and rotation. Big battle cruiser with spotlights, marines with bullet shells comming off their guns, cooler zeolot humanoid units,large size protoss four legged mecha, more zergs with creepy looking units with lots of teeth and more legs.
Mmm.. sounds like you don't have the concept of gameplay~
For most of us it's not fun enough to just play against the Ai.

I can't fully accept some of the graphics either, at this stage,
But for totally diffrent reasons.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:44   Link #239
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

@Skane: I suppose you're right. I guess it's a case-to-case basis. When you want to recall a strike force back to defend an expo then you're screwed unless you've got new units sitting. Otherwise, it's safe I guess. Thuogh considering that all races now have terrain ignoring units, I guess it's only logical to have those around. It'd be hella fun harassing peons with those. ^^

May be just me but when you're playing to win against people who also play to win, you hardly notice those things. Matter of fact, I tend to turn off unnecessary animations just so my CPU doesn't suddenly lag for a few seconds and I lose momentum or my entire army be wiped out. =/
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 11:11   Link #240
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
If you play Rise of Legends and Warhammer, you know what i mean. Seriously with all this hardware computer advancements. What i get is nothing but tiny units and the battle cruiser isnt even a battle ship, at first sight, i thought it was a fighter aircraft. The mother ship looks like a sister ship, a carrier is bigger than that.See from upper perspective, i get the impression im playing nothing but some 3D moving board game.

They didint even focus on the back ground strongly enough, saturn looks flat on the floor, like they build the battlefield on a movie screen.

I know SC1, and to me it looks better than the new one. Because from first sight, i feel dissapointment. Somehow it lost the feel.

1) please don't compare apple to banana or some other fruit that suppose to repersent RoL & warhammer. Did RoL & warhammer have a international league or even known to majority of the people on this face of the planet? *slience*... don't think so. There is a reason why SC is all that, because it is NOT RoL & warhammer. Want something that is like RoL or warhammer? Go play RoL or warhammer and don't play SC2, because cause most likely you are going to b**ch about how the graphic sucks.

2) ever heard of "custom made games"? If you played WC3, then you know you can go and create a game of your own with SC2, go online to bnet and play with other with your map that is fill with spotlight, custom gun fire, dynamite with laser, etc of whatever you want to do.

3) SC was never about the graphics, you got a super computer that can handle whatever graphics that throws at you? Good for you, now step aside as you are blocking one of the greatest game with the best game play that we value the most. WTF does having flashy units have to do with battles? NOTHING! Most players don't even stop to even look at how "pretty" the units looks like during a battle anyway. Majority of us will be: "oh wow this unit is cool *click a batch of units* *send them to their death and build another while worrying what to do for the next wave of attack* "

BTW, since WC3, there are many things that you can do with the camera angles, including what you b**ched about.

4) Want to play single player campaign over and over again? You can do that, while majority of us most likely will only do that once and skip to bnet and start killing each other in melee or TvB. However, I do feel that you have overwhelming amount of carebear in you, you know what, you are right, stick to single player campaign, since you will get eaten alive while you stare at each units and want to see how they looks like.

Want to be a carebear? fine by me, but don't force it onto other people, because not everyone need a blanky and a milk bottle to suck on.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows