AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-04, 21:24   Link #6421
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
I am still with doubts due Mods about publish links about it (like say raws i could get by other ways like get in the net), so thats why I do on the other site ....
Well, they are not pirated raws, where you can go to a link and download the entire magazine. They are my personal shots of just 2 pages from my personal copy (the links are my album links and I'm not going to scan the entire mag and upload it lol), which should be permissible under fair use law (though I'm not even an US citizen ).
Old 2013-09-04, 21:27   Link #6422
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Oh, my...Miyuki's butt...I can't stop staring! Must...look away....

[Ch 16 translation status: indefinite hiatus]
Seitsuki FAITO!
Old 2013-09-04, 23:17   Link #6423
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Oh, my...Miyuki's butt...I can't stop staring! Must...look away....

[Ch 16 translation status: indefinite hiatus]
But if you stay here, you can miss when she will really shine. Think a little about the other pagan. Show to everyone the Goddess.
Old 2013-09-05, 01:13   Link #6424
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Well, they are not pirated raws, where you can go to a link and download the entire magazine. They are my personal shots of just 2 pages from my personal copy (the links are my album links and I'm not going to scan the entire mag and upload it lol), which should be permissible under fair use law (though I'm not even an US citizen ).
Yeah, me too, well, I do accordingly my Country rules, which is International common standards, though Mexico is rough and Spain and Russia are more relaxed (talking about Country based servers), but here at least even the Japan Embassy do joint Cultural events focus on manga and anime, minor quota on LNs, even now We got a Cafe Manga shop with original products from USA and Japan and support Japanese idiom learning like the one they offered to me on line and for $5 a month, but sometime ago in other tread i have an argument with Mod cuz using quotes from LNs to discussion purposes (no the whole chapter) and even some people used raws to show their point, so I got tired and on the other site don't bother about it, and anyway its not like is often, I just got from Latin sites like people whom get from Hong Kong .

EDIT: Well let see what happens in this WAY
Old 2013-09-05, 01:46   Link #6425
iheartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Yeah, me too, well, I do accordingly my Country rules, which is International common standards, though Mexico is rough and Spain and Russia are more relaxed (talking about Country based servers), but here at least even the Japan Embassy do joint Cultural events focus on manga and anime, minor quota on LNs, even now We got a Cafe Manga shop with original products from USA and Japan and support Japanese idiom learning like the one they offered to me on line and for $5 a month, but sometime ago in other tread i have an argument with Mod cuz using quotes from LNs to discussion purposes (no the whole chapter) and even some people used raws to show their point, so I got tired and on the other site don't bother about it, and anyway its not like is often, I just got from Latin sites like people whom get from Hong Kong .

EDIT: Well let see what happens in this WAY

Holy shiiiiiiit. Miyuki is just too cute
But damn, it looks like Yuutosei's artist has been improving their skills. Both of the manga art is at a pretty high level now.
Old 2013-09-05, 01:57   Link #6426
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartz View Post
But damn, it looks like Yuutosei's artist has been improving their skills. Both of the manga art is at a pretty high level now.
But in the last one (I think on ch 15 Tats vs Hattory) made 3 basic mistakes, look carefully and you will understand.
Old 2013-09-05, 09:20   Link #6427
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
"That is not a world I desire. ......It's fine if you laugh and call me a romanticist, but I truly believe that magic is something which will lead to the advancement of mankind."

Although he knew there was no way the other side could hear, Tatsuya couldn't help a spit-take. Somehow, a fundamental part of the boy just didn't seem to match with that opinion.

"And so, from here on out, I'll try and continue providing information you may find necessary. Tatsuya Shiba--Strategic class magician, ‘'The Destroy'."

At that exaggerated nickname Raymond bestowed upon him, Tatsuya frowned with all his might.

--Don't give me a name that sounds like the boss of some crappy video game. Was it possible that this boy was an 'otaku' of universal language.

"We may have gone juust a bit over time. To summarise, for this matter I offer my help in the destruction of the Parasites."

Hardly just a bit, Tatsuya thought, but the monitor didn't switch off.
source

WTH..!!??
The Destroy..!!?? I lol-ed so hard to the point my friend who sleep next door come for askin what's wrong with me this late..??
Old 2013-09-05, 09:30   Link #6428
DarkDooM

The Destroy
The Destroy
The Destroy
The Destroy
The Destroy

Well, I don't care if that's the correct translation but the way it was translated in the summaries (God of Destruction) was much better imo -_-
Old 2013-09-05, 09:40   Link #6429
NoLife222

I don noe if anybody ever talk about this, but Material Burst seems to have a very large destruction radius in compare to other strategic magic right? (although the other strategic magic ever use in the novel is heavy metal burst and its power is only comparable to a naval cannon)
Old 2013-09-05, 10:05   Link #6430
Ultragunner

that's because Lina used a special CAD (IIRC, it's name is Brionac) that helped her narrowed down the area of effect of Heavy Metal Burst.

Tatsuya's Material Burst, as of now, can be said to be a class of its own even to other Strategic Magic, it's way too powerfull, destructive and "inexpensive" and way too hax , he just needs 1 kg of matter to wipe out an area comparable to a city....
Old 2013-09-05, 10:08   Link #6431
Jirachier

lol maybe he was trying to say "the destroyer" ?
Old 2013-09-05, 10:16   Link #6432
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
that's because Lina used a special CAD (IIRC, it's name is Brionac) that helped her narrowed down the area of effect of Heavy Metal Burst.

Tatsuya's Material Burst, as of now, can be said to be a class of its own even to other Strategic Magic, it's way too powerfull, destructive and "inexpensive" and way too hax , he just needs 1 kg of matter to wipe out an area comparable to a city....
Is 100 kg of mass enough to wipe out Australia?
Old 2013-09-05, 10:29   Link #6433
Ultragunner

let's do some math, it is stated that Tatsuya converted 1kg of matter to 20M ton TNT

So 100kg would be 2000M ton TNT

In the test of the Tsar Bomb http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba, which was reduced from 100Mton TNT to around 50Mton TNT, it produced 3rd degree burns 100 kilometers away, complete destruction within 35 kilometers, and cause TOTAL VAPORIZATION OF EVERYTHING in a 2.3 kilometer radius.

Thus, if Tatsuya used 100kg, it would be at least 40 times than that
Old 2013-09-05, 10:45   Link #6434
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
I don noe if anybody ever talk about this, but Material Burst seems to have a very large destruction radius in compare to other strategic magic right? (although the other strategic magic ever use in the novel is heavy metal burst and its power is only comparable to a naval cannon)
Well, we don't know about all the strategic magics, but Tatsuya's, at least, seems only limited by the size of what he can target.

Unlike Abyss, which seems like the magician would have to target an continue to affect a large area, Material Burst only has to target a relatively small object once, and then lets the rest occur naturally.
Old 2013-09-05, 10:54   Link #6435
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartz View Post
I agree, the artist's skills have improved greatly. Miyuki looks very cute and Tatsuya looks good looking (although he is considered average ).

I like that Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei has great art. Both mangas have good drawings and the novel too.
Old 2013-09-05, 11:03   Link #6436
Awrya
U mad?

Sounds like his Japanese (if the message was in Japanese) is self-taught and/or the author is taking a shot at everyone who 'learns' Japanese through anime and JRPGs?

Or maybe Seitsuki just rushes through the unimportant bits to the Miyuki lines?
Old 2013-09-05, 11:34   Link #6437
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
I agree, the artist's skills have improved greatly. Miyuki looks very cute and Tatsuya looks good looking (although he is considered average ).

I like that Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei has great art. Both mangas have good drawings and the novel too.
This. LOL, there was a few pages way back that we actually talked about this but I have to admit that Tatsuya is the most handsome guy in all the illustrations
Old 2013-09-05, 11:58   Link #6438
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
let's do some math, it is stated that Tatsuya converted 1kg of matter to 20M ton TNT

So 100kg would be 2000M ton TNT

In the test of the Tsar Bomb http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba, which was reduced from 100Mton TNT to around 50Mton TNT, it produced 3rd degree burns 100 kilometers away, complete destruction within 35 kilometers, and cause TOTAL VAPORIZATION OF EVERYTHING in a 2.3 kilometer radius.

Thus, if Tatsuya used 100kg, it would be at least 40 times than that
Common misconception here: The power of the bomb is not directly related to size. In other words, a more powerful bomb does not necessarily cover a proportionately larger area. Instead, the area within the blast radius is exposed to a much higher temperature, the radiation would be more intense, and the concussive force would increase.

A second misconception surrounding the first: this means the bomb is less dangerous. As the temperature of the bomb increases, the damage it does to the atmosphere does, so a sufficiently hot bomb could literally burn away the sky, killing everything on the surface. And a sufficiently powerful shock wave could crack the Earth's crust, which would (if we were lucky) cause earthquakes and tsunami's world wide. If we were unlucky, it would distort the earth's orbit and send us into the sun or deep space. Either way we'd still be dead.

The Tsar Bomba was the largest bomb not because we lacked the ability to make stronger ones, but because we had reached the threshold where the bombs would begin affecting the planet itself instead of a single city.

Ergo, if Tatusya were to target something of 100kg with Material Burst, he would likely destroy the world. Which would (probably) kill Miyuki. Therefore it will never happen.
Old 2013-09-05, 12:03   Link #6439
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Ergo, if Tatusya were to target something of 100kg with Material Burst, he would likely destroy the world. Which would (probably) kill Miyuki. Therefore it will never happen.
The flip-side of this is that it is potentially the ultimate deterrent. If Miyuki is killed, the rest of the world had better be ready to kill Tatsuya ASAP.

Of course, it's not a deterrent right now, because almost no one knows about it. If you've ever watched Dr. Strangelove, you'll know what problems can occur when you keep everything secret.
Old 2013-09-05, 12:14   Link #6440
EvI

huuh... seitsuki-san come back, don't go to the light... D:
anyway...a mayumi chapter that's good, looking forward to read it
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings