AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 89 40.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 27.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 18.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.90%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-16, 10:08   Link #121
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
The fact that someone villainous is trying to corrupt Celestial Being's mission strongly suggests that Celestial Being's true goal is something good. I'm a little disappointed, too.
Eifman's shock at thinking up a possible aim of CB (which by dramatic rules, should be the correct one) points it toward the negative though. And of course, the goal might be villainous, but it just means that it isn't beneficial enough for Alejandro, and hence he changes it to his liking.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:10   Link #122
sariss

Wonder why the new white MS in the preview fight with the thrones.....I mean they look like they should be on the same side after all and who pilot that MS, Alejandro and Ribbonz?
sariss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:23   Link #123
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Well, he sure is acting out of character this week(for character development), what with the empathy for the other two, not to mention that he actually was stopping Lockon from shooting Setsuna. I mean, empathy for I-am-all-business-Tieria?
Tieria's faith in Veda has been shaken, and for the first time, he shares Setsuna's attitude. Also, he really needs the positive character development so he can either become a more heroic character or so that it is more dramatic when he comes to blows with Setsuna and/or Lockon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Eifman's shock at thinking up a possible aim of CB (which by dramatic rules, should be the correct one) points it toward the negative though. And of course, the goal might be villainous, but it just means that it isn't beneficial enough for Alejandro, and hence he changes it to his liking.
Perhaps. It's also possible that Alejandro's faction could be the true heirs of Aeolia Schenberg, given the mission of carrying out his real ambitions, and the main body of Celestial Being could believe that their goal is to end war as stated. But Alejandro and Aeolia Schenberg having two separate villainous goals is a little too complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sariss View Post
Wonder why the new white MS in the preview fight with the thrones.....I mean they look like they should be on the same side after all and who pilot that MS, Alejandro and Ribbonz?
The Throne pilots are still trying to be Gundam Meisters and wipe out war; they are very much enemies of the rest of the world. Alejandro is just manipulating everyone for his own reasons.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:38   Link #124
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
Gundam army.... that MS's design looks like something that the union/AEU would make. Possibly theres a timeskip, and the Union using the new technology make a new MS with all the GN stuff.

Probably the 30 Gundams are to combat the fact that the rest of the world has a piece of CB's technology.

Do the thrones get killed? it seems like it

EDIT: Wait, 10 per power bloc?

Wtf? I think this will happen, graham acre will test pilot the gundam, then he will get more fanboys who eventually die on the battlefield (thats if the rumor is true).

I cant wait to see this ep, i really hate the trinities. Those screenies make it look like if Tieria is super-super-super-enhanced.
There were members of every bloc in that scene, so all 3 of them get the drives and/or suits, it seems
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:39   Link #125
Wesley84

Quote:
The fact that someone villainous is trying to corrupt Celestial Being's mission strongly suggests that Celestial Being's true goal is something good. I'm a little disappointed, too.

Anyway, the whole point of a morally ambiguous show is that there are no clear moral answers (except maybe that what Neena did was Very Bad. Don't blow up weddings for the lulz ). If Celestial Being's plan succeeds and ends all war / unites the world / gives everyone free T-shirts, will it have been justified? Maybe, maybe not.
It's not morally ambigious though.

The Three Factions seem to be fairly civilized. Sure, the AEU has broken treaties, made sales to questionable groups, all to make ends meet, but it's not like they're unaccountable for such things. The Union and the HRL are always ready to call them on their lack of scrupples, and I'm sure internally, the AEU has it's own way of keeping things stable and from getting out of hand.

They're basically all getting along and while each one wants to be the winner, they, for the most part, seem to maintain standards and rules of conduct in regards to one another, working to maintaining the peace. Destruction is not the goal of any of them. Only progress and prosperity.

Celestial Being on the other hand, they're this group that comes out of nowhere, has no self-interests, has no diplomatic channels, solves everyhting with violence, and can literally get away with murder and no one can stop them. They have no internal sedition and they never question what they're doing. The ends justify the means as far as they're concerned.

Add in the fact that every member is drop dead gorgeous, they live like celebrities on vacation, and only work one day a week, while recieveing enormous job satisfaction with a near perfect mission record, they really don't seem invested in what they're doing. You get the impression that they could simply stop at any time, but they don't because otherwise they'd be bored and their egos wouldn't recieve their regular strokings.

Basically, the AEU, the Union, and HRL, they're all plausibly justified for what they do. Hell, even Ali, you can at least understand what motiviates him. Celestial Being, they have no justification, other than their little sob stories, and they certainly don't justify a liscense to kill.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:42   Link #126
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode. They are so teamworking(compare to last time), nice fight there although abit short.

So many GN drive(i think is), it going to crazy, all country also have GN+MS, complicated fight >.<".
Old 2008-02-16, 10:53   Link #127
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So I went to sleep and woke up to find that there is already over 130 post, damn this thread just moves too fast. Anyhow the raw was so freaking good, and I though it would disappoint but the battle did not disappointed one bit, to be honest is went above the expectation. Most surprising thing about this episode Setsuna and Tieria fighting together, and really dominating the Thrones. The Thrnoes, as proved by Graham and by the battle from this episode, are not god like ms. Also Tieria's last comment, well it finally showed that he isn't human. And so finally it seems that Corner and Ribbion are the true villians, and seems that they are the ones that are supplying those GN-Drive knock off to the three powers. I really have strong urge to give 10, now just have to wait till the sub.
Old 2008-02-16, 10:58   Link #128
Nu Gundam

Spoiler for Ep. 20:
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:59   Link #129
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
10/10 with no complaints for me, I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:05   Link #130
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post

The Three Factions seem to be fairly civilized. Sure, the AEU has broken treaties, made sales to questionable groups, all to make ends meet, but it's not like they're unaccountable for such things. The Union and the HRL are always ready to call them on their lack of scrupples, and I'm sure internally, the AEU has it's own way of keeping things stable and from getting out of hand.

They're basically all getting along and while each one wants to be the winner, they, for the most part, seem to maintain standards and rules of conduct in regards to one another, working to maintaining the peace. Destruction is not the goal of any of them. Only progress and prosperity.

Celestial Being on the other hand, they're this group that comes out of nowhere, has no self-interests, has no diplomatic channels, solves everyhting with violence, and can literally get away with murder and no one can stop them. They have no internal sedition and they never question what they're doing. The ends justify the means as far as they're concerned.

Add in the fact that every member is drop dead gorgeous, they live like celebrities on vacation, and only work one day a week, while recieveing enormous job satisfaction with a near perfect mission record, they really don't seem invested in what they're doing. You get the impression that they could simply stop at any time, but they don't because otherwise they'd be bored and their egos wouldn't recieve their regular strokings.

Basically, the AEU, the Union, and HRL, they're all plausibly justified for what they do. Hell, even Ali, you can at least understand what motiviates him. Celestial Being, they have no justification, other than their little sob stories, and they certainly don't justify a liscense to kill.
And this is what makes Celestial Being awesome!

But if they where more like what you described I think think more people would be into this series.

Anyway decent episode let hope for some like it in the near future...
Old 2008-02-16, 11:15   Link #131
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
And this is what makes Celestial Being awesome!

But if they where more like what you described I think think more people would be into this series.

Anyway decent episode let hope for some like it in the near future...
Except they're not awesome. The only thing a member of Celestial Being knows how to do is either feel sorry for themselves or act like they're better than everyone else. They're a pretty unlikeable group that gets by on their Gundams.
Old 2008-02-16, 11:17   Link #132
Sciel
Etoilé

Looks like a pretty good episode .
The Virtue/Nadleeh bits was most likely added to promote the sale of the 1/100 Virtue which is being released soon.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:17   Link #133
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:

You make a good point about Celestial Being. If they do succeed in changing the world, it will be like
Spoiler for Watchmen:
Basically it comes down to whether or not the ends justify the means.

I think it's a little unfair to blame Celestial Being's members for being so pretty and going to the beach all the time; that's mostly fanservice.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:22   Link #134
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:27   Link #135
Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
Spoiler for Ep. 20:

Spoiler:
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:30   Link #136
Dark Wing

Quote:
Except they're not awesome. The only thing a member of Celestial Being knows how to do is either feel sorry for themselves or act like they're better than everyone else. They're a pretty unlikeable group that gets by on their Gundams.
Hmmm...true enough well if you where writing this series how would you depict Celestial Being? Just out of curiosity of course?
Old 2008-02-16, 11:31   Link #137
Wesley84

Quote:
You make a good point about Celestial Being. If they do succeed in changing the world, it will be like
Spoiler for Watchmen:
Basically it comes down to whether or not the ends justify the means.

I think it's a little unfair to blame Celestial Being's members for being so pretty and going to the beach all the time; that's mostly fanservice.
I'm a conservative. I see what Celestial Being is doing as a change for the sake of changing. They haven't proven there's a need for what they're doing, therefore there is no need for what they're doing.

They have this ambition they want to fullfill and they're killing people to do it. On top of that, the risks (the destruction of human civilization) far outweigh the gains (presumably the unification of humanity under one banner...which is not necessarily a good thing).

What's worse they've basically told everyone on the planet to do what they say or else. I don't know about you, but that makes me want to start something if only out of spite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Hmmm...true enough well if you where writing this series how would you depict Celestial Being? Just out of curiosity of course?
...Are you familiar with Warhammer 40k?

Seriously, I'd make Celestial Being more mysterious. We'd know as much as say, Graham, knows about them. They'd be faceless for most of the series, except for Aeolia. Maybe not even him. A Gundam series where the pilots' identities are unknown. Basically you can keep everything as it is, but remove all focus on Pote's crew and the Meisters. The same goes for the pent-house scenes with Corner and Ribbons. We won't have those anymore. They're simply annoying.

Last edited by Wesley84; 2008-02-16 at 11:51.
Old 2008-02-16, 11:45   Link #138
Boohahaha

Quote:
For the EMPEROR!!
Boohahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:46   Link #139
Dark Wing

Quote:

Seriously, I'd make Celestial Being more mysterious. We'd know as much as say, Graham, knows about them. They'd be faceless for most of the series, except for Aeolia. Maybe not even him. A Gundam series where the pilots' identities are unknown. Basically you can keep everything as it is, but remove all focus on Pote's crew and the Meisters. The same goes for the pent-house scenes with Corner and Ribbons. We won't have those anymore. They're simply annoying.

THIS IS CELESTIAL BEING!!!!...

Spoiler for for size:

Well I agree a little mystery would've helped but unfortunately unlike you or me a lot of people who watch these series don't have that big of an attention span so they tend to get bored easy.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-02-16 at 12:05.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:51   Link #140
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
good episode, at last meister gets to talk abit and to know each other a bit more, was about time. i ll be harsh but they couldnt help themselve, they had to use stock footage of louise/saji... seems director decided to make em part, no more comic relief duo anymore

that smile at the end of the next week preview...

ps : i m still taking bets on saji's sister remaining life span.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote