AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 03:38   Link #21
excelence

i think i need to get my base ball bat and looking for someone with psp and MH2G games in it
Old 2008-06-13, 08:49   Link #22
Kenn
Stomp

uh oh. *runs and hides*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
what if they do a back flip and jump on its back and stab it through the top of its head? gonna do that? :P
Uhh...Sword and Shield jump attack at the head to create a similar effect? xD

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2008-06-13, 23:08   Link #23
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well i still prefer hammers and LS weapons and dual blades

also i wonder if this is monthly or bi-monthly
Old 2008-08-19, 00:07   Link #24
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

New chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Faith irir is going to be a solist waaaaaaaaaaaa spobs sobs sobs sobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow nice bikinis hahahah
Old 2008-08-19, 00:48   Link #25
Ultenth

Wow, I mean, I know the reasons why the art looks the same as one-peice and fairy tail, but the story and the lead seem ripped straight from One-Piece. Talk about unoriginal, but at least the production quality seems decent....
Old 2008-08-19, 00:54   Link #26
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

yeah i kinda get taht feeling it like one peice adn fairy tale put all together but it stil has its own story in a game like manner
Old 2008-08-19, 00:56   Link #27
Ultenth

Yeah, but I don't like the way the game is so obviously shoe-horned into the anime. I know it's based off a game, that's great, but why does it have to feel like I'm reading a blog of someone actually playing the game instead of a story taking place it's it's world?
Old 2008-08-19, 01:03   Link #28
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well try changing a point of veiw

it will work wonders for you

as for me im soo used to it that i can easily change minds and even persona

and now im scared of myself hehehehe
Old 2008-08-19, 01:52   Link #29
Ultenth

I'm not sure what you're talking about...or how that in any way correlates to what I said, sorry, just didn't make sense to me.
Old 2008-08-19, 02:00   Link #30
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i meant was yeah there is a lot of similarity and in a short blunt word

UN-ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so to keep you from being bored look at it from a different veiw pount like try forgeting somthing then try reading this again

that how i can still keep readinfg those supposed to be boring mangas and anime

also sorry i confused you ehhehe sorry
Old 2008-08-19, 10:23   Link #31
MooMooFarm

This series nails the lid on the coffin for my opinion of Mashima Hiro. For all intents and purposes, this guy took OP's drawing style and pretty much told everyone the guy is his hero, so I got nothing against using the same drawing style. In fact, Mashima's variety of stories and his willingness to create lots of different but mostly teen hotties is probably one of the reasons his works are more visually pleasing tham OP [Nami and Robin + girl of the arc gets old real fast].

The fatal flaw that makes Mashima's works all complete -.- and just a one time read through is definitely because he lacks OP's grandeur, which well admittingly NO manga currently has. 411 chapters to reveal a guy who was drawn as a background character being one of the most powerful people at the moment in the story without giving it away for like the past 3 years or more? DAMN. I mean, the arc where they used Sanji's wanted poster against him finally was like, pretty much beyond godlike in XD terms. And since Mashima has the same style drawing and themes, it REALLY hurts to compare the two. Fairy Tail is quite decent, but Natsu cannot even touch Luffy. If you take Luffy's first major arc, the Alabaster Arc, and compare it with the current Natsu, Luffy has like, a bajillion more important signature WWF moves than Natsu. Natsu's moves while plentiful are almost ALL THE SAME. The manga panels just show fire, or dragon skin, and it gets ZzZz.

The reason why Luffy was made a Rubber Man and not a Logia like Fire Ace or what not was because the OP creator realized that raw pure elements are VERY VERY LIMITED in the fight/game rule world. You can only do so much, can only add so much spice. Rubber properties was the most revolutionizing attribute a shonen hero could have, not due to the rubber property itself, but how the mangaka created ways for the character to use and also equally important how to put them in situations where you wouldn't question it. You wouldn't go HEY WHY DIDN'T BUGGY THE CLOWN OWN LUFFY BY COUNTERING WITH THE DOWN DOWN UP FORWARD PLUS B COMBO? Cause guys like buggy don't LOOK COOL enough to make your inner street fighter/balance nerd cry out. By the time Luffy hit the real enemies, he either got owned and passed by or DID figure out new moves. Oh and here's a real bias, the ANIME was a HUGE HELP in making people love the guy over say Natsu. Rubber man moves in animation > panels. I could never love Luffy as much as I would if I only read his introduction of the Gomu Rifle technique, and that's a huge statement cause I'm pretty sure anyone who even recognizes my name here that I complain about anime left and right like Naruto and Bleach.

=/ So it's kind of unfair for Mashima, but like, in a sense I'm saying it's not like he's being robbed. Because he chose to devote time to different projects, and didn't look at it from a grand picture like the OP guy did (as far as I know he doesn't do any other works much) there's no way to compete. One is the bill gates of silly looking shonen, and mashima just made linux.
Old 2008-08-19, 14:21   Link #32
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
i meant was yeah there is a lot of similarity and in a short blunt word

UN-ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so to keep you from being bored look at it from a different veiw pount like try forgeting somthing then try reading this again

that how i can still keep readinfg those supposed to be boring mangas and anime

also sorry i confused you ehhehe sorry
Ehhh, I have a lot more hobbies and other things I can do with my time. I don't see a need to force myself to read something that is such an obvious unoriginal rip-off as this, when I can spend that time doing something else.
Old 2008-08-19, 15:03   Link #33
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

woo hoo just started reading this and like it alot, since I'm a huge fan of OP and FT!

plus I really love the art style!
Old 2008-08-20, 01:18   Link #34
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

AGAIn this is not a rip off again this waell the art is almost the same but still this manga retain its game like manner with added amanga style form soo it is to you if you want to not read it or read it ther

as for me i really like this cuz im myself heheheh so there PEACE MAN PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread