AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 15:27   Link #1081
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmm... I read this episode differently. Yuji proved that he DOES care about Shouko by beating up the turd, and by encouraging her to hold on to her dreams, and not letting anyone make fun of them. He did pick up on Shouko's hesitation when the special dinner was announced, and he took the opportunity to respond to Shouko's opening by essentially telling her "you are loving me for the wrong reasons - you should rather find someone better matched". (Based on what Yuji said, I guess that 7 years ago he somehow saw her naked and promised to "take responsibility" or something likewise trivial)

But boy, if you seriously wanted to discourage Shouko with that, it backfired. What a smile!

(Lucky SOB ^_^)
The good: Shouko can cook, is smart, very beautiful, and her chest is about the average as you can get. and she could make for a powerful ally during a summoning war if Yuuji's in trouble.

The bad: She's horribly Yandere for Yuuji, she might murder any girls getting close to Yuuji, and naturally she'll go to big lengths to get him.
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 17:38   Link #1082
SnowSong

Is it me or is the Elvis-haired ganster Ruyji (from ToraDora)'s father and the blonde his mother? The resemblance and name is way too similar.
SnowSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 17:54   Link #1083
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post

The bad: She's horribly Yandere for Yuuji, she might murder any girls getting close to Yuuji, and naturally she'll go to big lengths to get him.
She has that reputation for taking care of anyone who gets in her way and gets too close to Yuuji. But unless I missed something, the only one she has attacked (on screen) is Yuuji. And when she had the perfect opportunity to go after those who deserved to get beat up, she runs away. That's where Yuuji comes in.

Shouko already has Yuuji's body and won't let him go (prior to the recent episode). If she was leinent on her abuse maybe she would have him body and soul (since Yuuji did come to her aid). Yuuji isn't against Shouko, just the abuse she brings with her.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 18:04   Link #1084
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Seriously, Shouko yandere?

Yandere-ism is caused by a rival to cause mental instability in the character, of which then that character proceeds to try to harm their rival in love.

Neither the criteria of mental instability nor trying to hurt their rival fits Shouko. You might as well call Minami yandere as well, and judging by this episode, even Himeji, if you consider Shouko yandere just by her current actions alone. Shouko, like Minami and Himeji, only harms their LI and only their LI, and none of their actions are caused by going insane or whatnot. Certainly not yandere behaviour. <_<

I mean, I love Yanderes and all (they score some points in my moe metre), but it really irks me when people claim a certain character fits the bill when they're nothing but.

As for Yuuji, he thinks that Shouko's feelings are misplaced; that he is not the man for Shouko. What he thinks and says though is contradictory with his actions. Seriously, if you're telling a girl to forget about you, you don't finish eating her cooking up and tell her its good (especially after you just recently had lunch), and you do not certainly beat up the person who told her dream was worthless. If anyone seriously thinks that doing the above would actually make a girl forget about you... you've seriously got to be kidding me.

So while Yuuji thinks that incident 7 years ago affected Shouko in the wrong way and that it has since made her act in ways she is not supposed to, I personally think it really was him who was really affected by it. That it is really is him, and not Shouko, that's using that incident to act in ways he normally won't. You aren't called the whiz kid before and be currently in Class F for no good reason. And similarly, despite all his actions speaking out loud that he does care deeply for Shouko, he still denies her advances. I certainly do not think the above are unrelated at all.

So yeah, even with me not knowing exactly what that incident was, I'm pretty damn sure the one that has issues with the past is Yuuji, not Shouko, contrary to what Yuuji claims at the end of the episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 18:49   Link #1085
Mentar
Banned

I don't think that the Yuji-Shouko relationship will ever be fully resolved in the anime, Shouko's chase is simply way too entertaining to forfeit it. But once it is, I don't have a trace of doubt that the two of them will stick together.

If anything, I've got the feeling that DK3 is right: The old incident had more of an impact on Yuji rather than Shouko. It seems to me that Yuji believes that Shouko is hardwired on him for all the wrong reasons, and this last episode emphasizes that this is NOT the case.

When Shouko asked if her feelings were weird, she was timid, almost frightened. And when Yuji's first words seemed like a rejection, she was downcast, almost crying (which by the way showed how much it matters to her that her feelings are reciprocated). But Yuji's encouragement after that leading to her final beaming smile told the story: This is not just about stubborn adherence to an old childhood dream. She's not as simple or oblivious like that. And by showing kindness to her, Yuji has - in a way - given Shouko a go-ahead with a kinda concealed acceptance.

They fit pretty well. Wouldn't mind getting to see more of them
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 22:01   Link #1086
FateAnomaly

I think Yuuji really does like Shouko. He genuinely care for her and is attentive to her actions (the homemade lunch). He probably just think that he is not good enough for her.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 05:42   Link #1087
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I think Yuuji really does like Shouko. He genuinely care for her and is attentive to her actions (the homemade lunch). He probably just think that he is not good enough for her.
I think he wants to fool around some more before settling down and marrying her. Saving the best for the last.

Unfortunately, the latter is not that patient with regards to that matter. Her view is the opposite : take the best now, and fast, by whatever means possible.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 07:44   Link #1088
Krippr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think he wants to fool around some more before settling down and marrying her. Saving the best for the last.

Unfortunately, the latter is not that patient with regards to that matter. Her view is the opposite : take the best now, and fast, by whatever means possible.
Yeah, I don't think anyone like to get married at the age of 18. And, since Shouko has in hand their marriage registration (with Yuuji's seal and all, means it's perfectly legal), the marriage is just a matter of time. (Yuuji is still struggling to get it back)
Krippr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 10:30   Link #1089
Forever
Revealing the truth

Honestly, yuuji should had used his strategic brain and took the opportunity to put shouko down so much that she will never want to see him again.

But he has a kind heart and strong sense of justice. So he couldnt do it and did the opposite instead. I believe it is his kind heart that also decided that he should not take advantage of certain things in the past to capture her heart. (maybe he saved her, but he does not want to be repaid this way. Unless this hurdle is crossed, there can be no resolution)
Old 2010-02-22, 13:45   Link #1090
Krippr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Honestly, yuuji should had used his strategic brain and took the opportunity to put shouko down so much that she will never want to see him again.
Yuuji is weak against Shouko, because she knows his pattern of thinking and planning, and he doesn't seem to can think straight whenever Shouko is involved. Yeah, like Akihisa said, he hash only two weaknesses, his natural airhead mother and Shouko.

Anyway, like you said, it's pretty easy for him to just flatly put her down (saying him and Akihisa is a couple, and everyone will buy that )), don't know why he's doing that in just a roundabout way... :-" (Though, in the novel, he has once said "Shouko, give up on me" but got refused just when he said the first word "Shouko")
Krippr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 03:16   Link #1091
ZeKeR
Superbad

I can ask though... How the hell can he do that? shouko will only misunderstand andd it will add moar fuel to the ever rising fire.... tho they act like the typical stagnant husband-overloving wife though
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 04:22   Link #1092
Mentar
Banned

I just don't see where you guys get the idea from that Yuji actively wants to reject Shouko. If he merely wanted to get rid of her, he would act differently. He's smart enough to know that what he did in the last ep will only encourage her.

No, the way I see it is that Yuji doesn't want Shouko to love him for _the wrong reasons_. He doesn't want Shouko to pursue him for some childish petitesse from 7 years ago, and he thinks that there are better guys than him. Once he gets over this worry and accepts that Shouko has him tagged for better reasons, he'll easily relent and give in/up.
Old 2010-02-23, 09:53   Link #1093
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I just don't see where you guys get the idea from that Yuji actively wants to reject Shouko. If he merely wanted to get rid of her, he would act differently. He's smart enough to know that what he did in the last ep will only encourage her.

No, the way I see it is that Yuji doesn't want Shouko to love him for _the wrong reasons_. He doesn't want Shouko to pursue him for some childish petitesse from 7 years ago, and he thinks that there are better guys than him. Once he gets over this worry and accepts that Shouko has him tagged for better reasons, he'll easily relent and give in/up.
in a way, he doesn't want to be "rid" of her.

But he still wants Shouko as a friend, (not as a love interest). And for Yuuji's character, he HAS to be the compassionate guy. I mean, he knows that Shouko is mentally unstable to a degree, can you imagine what will happen if he FLATLY rejected Shouko, her dream. Her next action might be to kill herself.

But it SEEMS, that Shouko will reduce the abuse, and aim for a more friendly approach (from her last response)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 12:41   Link #1094
tsunade666

kill herself out of flat rejection? maybe kill yuuji instead. He has a clear grasped on what will shouko do. Its been clear in lot of episode before.

But for yuuji to like shouko..... I just don't see him that way. Maybe his also interested on shouko but their past currently binds them and yuuji thinks that the past is what make the current shouko like him. Unless that one has been clear I don't see it advancing. And making an excuse of yuuji being smart that he should had known it but sometimes even if one is smart it can also lead on being dumb when in comes to love.

Specially on those two. I think shouko liking yuuji on pure responsibility or something similar and its also due to the past that lead on yuuji thinking that way but for shouko its not the case she really like the guy. But for yuuji he is not the more worthy type for shouko and their is much better one and its also due to the past that he think its because of that past that leads on current shouko liking him.

past.....past and another past.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 13:34   Link #1095
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
in a way, he doesn't want to be "rid" of her.

But he still wants Shouko as a friend, (not as a love interest). And for Yuuji's character, he HAS to be the compassionate guy. I mean, he knows that Shouko is mentally unstable to a degree, can you imagine what will happen if he FLATLY rejected Shouko, her dream. Her next action might be to kill herself.
Let's not go overboard here. Shouko has shown no suicidal tendencies at all. And if you consider Yuji to be compassionate (I do too), then it would be the exact OPPOSITE to not only leave her hanging on, but rather to ENCOURAGE her to stay true to her dream.

Yuji's message has been "You're mistaken. You love the wrong guy, for the wrong reasons". He didn't say "I don't like you" or "please back off" or "I just want us to be friends". This difference is key.

Quote:
But it SEEMS, that Shouko will reduce the abuse, and aim for a more friendly approach (from her last response)
The last response says nothing about abuse or friendly manner at all. She said "I LOVE YOU FOR THE RIGHT REASONS". She saw Yuji's answers not as a rejection at all, just the opposite (and so do I).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But for yuuji to like shouko..... I just don't see him that way. Maybe his also interested on shouko but their past currently binds them and yuuji thinks that the past is what make the current shouko like him. Unless that one has been clear I don't see it advancing.
They advanced exactly _because_ this aspect was put out in the open and answered.

I mean, think about it. Shouke openly asked him, and the wording made it clear that the question was not rhetorical in nature. "(Shouko's dream to be with Yuuji)... is it weird?"

Yuji gave a full-throated "It is NOT weird! Don't let anyone belittle your dreams! defense. He could have easily put her down now. But nistead he merely insists that she's got the wrong guy, and that she's loving him for all the wrong reasons. Hey - if you want to get rid of someone, this is the WORST way to do it. So Shouko saw this as some form of concealed implicit consent. She'll have to convince him that she loves him for who he really is.

Following this with alot of sympathy
Old 2010-02-23, 13:59   Link #1096
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

He has a heart. He couldn't bring himself to hurt a already disillusioned Shouko. This is called the "gentleman's move", but being gentle means that he will get more violent love from that girl.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 14:19   Link #1097
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
He has a heart. He couldn't bring himself to hurt a already disillusioned Shouko. This is called the "gentleman's move", but being gentle means that he will get more violent love from that girl.
You're missing the point. Yuji would have to be ultra-stupid not to realize that what he's doing is only CRUEL to Shouko if he only wanted to get rid of her, and he ISN'T ultra-stupid. In fact, he's proven to be pretty observant.

Shouko gave him the chance for a rejection, very consciously so. And he DID NOT TAKE IT. That's the message.
Old 2010-02-23, 14:42   Link #1098
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
You're missing the point. Yuji would have to be ultra-stupid not to realize that what he's doing is only CRUEL to Shouko if he only wanted to get rid of her, and he ISN'T ultra-stupid. In fact, he's proven to be pretty observant.

Shouko gave him the chance for a rejection, very consciously so. And he DID NOT TAKE IT. That's the message.
Exactly as much as i dislike a lot of Shouko's violent tendencies though funny. She still has the feelings of a teenage girl and if Yuuji were only playing around with her it would be cruel he has proven to be observant, Intelligent and compassionate. Shoujo not only gave him an out but he has plenty of chances to basically say STOP and he has not. He explained his actions in the last part of the episode. Its not that he does not like Shouko but he feels her love is misplaced on him and i think he still wants to be a teenage boy before committing seriously. I never thought i would say this but the problem is Shouko its Yuuji. He feels hes not good enough or not the right guy for her. It ironic Shouko loves him for the reasons Mentar mentioned but he cant see it. Im sure later down the road as he matures he will probably get it but not now and no time soon either.
Old 2010-02-23, 16:11   Link #1099
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It's simple.
He loves Shouko. but Shouko has fallen for a Yuuji that is NOT him.

He wants Shouko to love the lazy Yuuji, not the Super Smart Knight in Shining Armor Yuuji that she thinks he is.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 16:36   Link #1100
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
It's simple.
He loves Shouko. but Shouko has fallen for a Yuuji that is NOT him.

He wants Shouko to love the lazy Yuuji, not the Super Smart Knight in Shining Armor Yuuji that she thinks he is.
But he is both we all several different sides to us. Yuuji he just embraces the Lazy Yuuji side more than the other which i think is awsome. The super smart knight in shining armor is still part of him. But your right I think on some level he wants Shouko to love both sides of him. You love someone as a whole not in pieces.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen