AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 20:57   Link #981
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

All I know is,

FV = PV + I

I thought that Yuan is the strongest currency right now not US dollar
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 21:41   Link #982
prototype_sky

What the hell did I watch
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 21:45   Link #983
Crackabad

is it ok to be unhappy and frustrated with that ending! haha
Spoiler for spoiler:

could there be a continuation of this with that kind of ending?
Spoiler for spoil:
Old 2011-06-23, 22:32   Link #984
Hedd
Random Object

While I thought alot of the build up was fun and enjoyed alot of the philosophy this series had, the ending was ..er....empty. It didn't even have that aura of futility. It felt rushed and didn't explain anything at all really. Unfortunate end to a nice series.
Old 2011-06-23, 22:36   Link #985
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep11:
Old 2011-06-23, 22:45   Link #986
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Har, so that is why Masakaki turn Kimimoro's card to Darkness and give him a chance to reverse the rotary, just so the financial district can be established in a economically better Japan......
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 23:02   Link #987
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final episode and last thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 23:22   Link #988
Calca
Expressionless

So the episode ends with a god-like figure saying "Just as planned"

Sounds familiar...
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 23:31   Link #989
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

So they went with the smoke screen and flashy lights strategy? Aw well, I guess there was no real way of salvaging the situation anyway, but I would have appreciated it if they had at least tried.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 23:43   Link #990
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Oh this series.

Really, there was some interesting concepts in this show. I liked the ideas at play about putting the present or the future first, or how we strike a balance between the two. I liked the idea of exploring some economic ideas, especially the very concept of money and how what gives it value is trust. What happens when the trust breaks down? Where does the faith come form?

Still, great concepts are indeed hurt by terrible execution. Ignoring the standard budgetary issues with animation and art quality, the biggest issue with this show is definitely the pacing. A bullet train it may be, you should still be able to understand the general story as you're going along, but it couldn't even do that. In the end, it seems it had a magnificent train wreck. Not only did I not understand a single thing that was happening in the last episode, but I didn't even get a general message form the show. Seriously, what the fuck just happened?

This isn't the good type of wtf just happened like in NGE either. This is, "I can't understand a single fucking thing these characters are talking about or doing."

The character development was rather poor for our main character. It's quite sad that Mikuni made a little more sense that he did. The assets seemed like rather pointless characters. The romance between Maysu and Kinnamaoru was just nonsense.

Really. This anime desperately needed both more episodes, a way bigger budget. Also please fire the editor of this anime from the anime industry. Holy crap.

I was entertained to the end at least, so overall 6/10 for the anime, 4/10 for the last episode.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 00:01   Link #991
ipodi

What a mess. Watching the ending makes me feel like I have devoured a whole bag of potato chips - empty calories and regret.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 00:18   Link #992
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

BTW, Masakaki confirmed Msyu to be Kimimoro's daughter in his monologue on the official site.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 00:34   Link #993
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I'll just dump something from the last explanation posted (i.e. the explanation posted for the last episode, which is about the title 「C」). These explanations, which are about various terms used in the show, are written by Oosaka Naoki, the vice editor-in-chief of a weekly economics magazine known as "Toyo Keizai".

=======

Quote:
「C」はお金の仕組みを学べる「お勉強」アニメではない。お金の意味について自分で考えるきっかけになって ほしいといこのう願いが込められている。試みはある程度成功したではないかと思う。

「C」is not an anime where you can study how money works. Rather, it was created in the hope that it would lead viewers to consider for themselves what 'money' means. I would like to think that it has been successful to at least some extent.
=======

Personally, I'm still not sure what to make of the ending. But the point about thinking about what 'money' means, yeah, I got that. Brings me back to an essay I wrote a few years ago about 'money' as a technology humans could not do without. But well, I think I might need to go through all the site materials properly...

------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
BTW, Masakaki confirmed Msyu to be Kimimoro's daughter in his monologue on the official site.
Or granddaughter.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 00:48   Link #994
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
What the hell did I watch
Couldn't have said it better myself
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 01:49   Link #995
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Wait... someone here just said Kimimoro disappeared from the present?

So how did he end up with a kid?

I have no idea what's going on now (not that I was able to follow it prior to the last episode).
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 02:10   Link #996
hamstar
just passing by

First let me say that the deal between Mikuni and Kimimaro was well done. Aside from the constant ideological babbling between the two during the fight there was a lot of sick animation going on so I couldn't complain. I lol'ed pretty hard when Mikuni went "sa warruuudo" on Kimimaro. Though parts of the deal were cliche, still enjoyable. It was the 2nd half of the show where I felt everything fell apart.

I'll have to agree that the ending is confusing though the themes are transparent. The theme of the show is that we should not tarnish our future just to maintain the present. This is something that has cropped up a lot in recent times. Quantitative easing aka printing money and bail outs are prime examples of this. To artificially preserve failing institutions in the present the federal reserve prints money and the government gives money to them to keep them alive instead of letting them fail naturally. This has the unintended consequence of inflating the money supply leading to inflation and even hyperinflation, higher taxes, and other problems (namely derivatives) I won't be able to discuss in this thread. So that is ONE of the major themes.

They also talked about 信用 or trust/credibility/confidence in fiat. This is something they kept repeating to make us think about the nature of money. Where does our 信用 come from? How is it maintained and destroyed?

As for the fallout, I'll have to concede that it was empty and made me feel like I consumed a super-sized McDonalds meal and then having buyer's remorse after. Jennifer Sato looks like she's lost her mind. Mikuni as far as I can see doesn't even exist and it's questionable whether Kimimaro is a ghost or it's just coincidence that people are not noticing him. The girl that some of you thought was Hanabi wasn't even Hanabi but a woman that strangely resembled her. Kimimaro definitely preserved a future for Japan but it feels so empty to the viewer because we honestly don't give 2 Midas coins about the welfare of Japan. We rather see Kimimaro living with his pregnant wife Hanabi, Jennifer walking her new pet dog Georges, and Mikuni rushing to the hospital and learning that his sister has come out of a coma. To the viewer, it's meaningless that Japan is spared if these central characters we actually care about don't make it through.

Last edited by hamstar; 2011-06-24 at 05:40.
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 02:16   Link #997
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This ending was so memorably I couldn't resist the urge to blog about it. Folks can read it here and comment there or here if they so choose. I can't believe this show was what finally got me to summon up the desire to blog about something again, but here we are.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 02:31   Link #998
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I actually thought for a second you were talking about Anime History, but I guess it's dead anyway ... *goes read*

My thoughts about episode 11 can be read here I'm not sure if I can collect my thoughts for the entire show. Really, there was an excellent show here, if only it wasn't noitaminA ...
Old 2011-06-24, 02:36   Link #999
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
This ending was so memorably I couldn't resist the urge to blog about it. Folks can read it here and comment there or here if they so choose. I can't believe this show was what finally got me to summon up the desire to blog about something again, but here we are.
Enjoyable read. In some ways it was extremely entertaining to watch it all just fall apart as expected in a glorious manner.

It did seriously feel like every single thing that could prevent this from being a good anime took place. It was comically bad.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 02:50   Link #1000
EroKing

I kinda feel that Hanabi was Msyu all along as at the end Hanabi's voice sounded a hell lot like Msyu's. I really hate the 11 episode pattern though, this series could have been great if they have explained more things with a proper ending by having a proper 13 episode format.

Tags
action, finance, noitamina