AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-27, 22:56   Link #2681
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Uh... I think Bakuman itself will have to go indie if they want to write a story where Jump is portrayed as an unnecessary has-been that kicks artists out for no good reason....
Haha, you're right, it didn't come to me that that would get dangerous for the authors.
Old 2012-02-28, 02:28   Link #2682
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
In real life, Miho's announcement would very likely have cost her her career. But in a manga like this, I'm sure she will be fine.
Maybe Reversi will be her last role.

Reversi -> get married -> retires.
Old 2012-02-28, 03:52   Link #2683
Kafriel
Senior Guest

As long as they get married...
Old 2012-02-28, 09:31   Link #2684
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm not sure if I misunderstood you but if they are too stubborn, then it makes more sense that they get married anyway. If they are too stubborn, then their actions wouldn't be swayed by the media and the otaku's.
I meant stubborn as in they'll stick to their promise no matter what. They're not gonna marry until their dream come true, even if that means waiting 10 more years.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:57   Link #2685
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I meant stubborn as in they'll stick to their promise no matter what. They're not gonna marry until their dream come true, even if that means waiting 10 more years.
Oh, I see now. You are under the impression that Miho will not get the heroine role. Is that correct? :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe Reversi will be her last role.

Reversi -> get married -> retires.
My opinions are similar to yours except for the last one; I predict that she will:
#1) Get the heroine role
#2) Get married
#3) Not retire

However, from the way I see it, whether she retires or not is not important. If #1 and #2 come true, then the dream has already been fulfilled. Theoretically, regardless of what happens, even after Reversi's anime ends, I imagine that Miho can get roles from Mashiro's future series.

Nevertheless, since this is a fiction and Ohba-sensei can write whatever he wants, I don't see Miho's career crumbling. I see this scandal as a trial for the couple to reach the happy ending they desire. =)
Old 2012-03-01, 14:04   Link #2686
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Chapter 169: I never had a doubt. =)

(Currently translating...)

Spoiler for 169:
way too much fantasy

irl none of these overweight loser would ever listen.
Old 2012-03-01, 14:07   Link #2687
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
way too much fantasy

irl none of these overweight loser would ever listen.
Guess what? This is a shonen manga. In the real world, you don't have pirates (like in One Piece) and ninjas (like in Naruto) either. It is okay if Bakuman is not realistic like in real life. I don't think it is even supposed to be realistic.
Old 2012-03-01, 14:49   Link #2688
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Guess what? This is a shonen manga. In the real world, you don't have pirates (like in One Piece) and ninjas (like in Naruto) either. It is okay if Bakuman is not realistic like in real life. I don't think it is even supposed to be realistic.
if a pink stripe elephant show up as Luffy's new crew member i wouldn't have any problem with it. Why because that is the world Oda had built in One piece. With Bakuman, the world it built is a lot closer to real life. When it is that close i expect a certain level of realism in it.
Old 2012-03-01, 16:26   Link #2689
pezzie

Of all the things to nit pick this manga about, in which one of the characters built a whole company from the top down to beat another character's manga, your nit pick is that fans don't behave the way you expect?

I mean, I don't think it'd fly IRL either, but this is far, far from the most outlandish thing to come from this manga.
Old 2012-03-01, 16:29   Link #2690
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if a pink stripe elephant show up as Luffy's new crew member i wouldn't have any problem with it. Why because that is the world Oda had built in One piece. With Bakuman, the world it built is a lot closer to real life. When it is that close i expect a certain level of realism in it.
It is not like this kind of development is unexpected. Unlike Death Note, it is quite obvious that Ohba-sensei is shooting for a happy ending in Bakuman.

I don't want to get too far into this because you clearly do not agree with this story development. Let's look at Nanamine's arcs though, none of Nanamine's arcs are anything close to real life. The same goes for Nizuma; his character is far from realistic. The world of Bakuman is nothing close to real life.

Of course, even in real life, having a boyfriend doesn't mean your career is 100% over. Let's use the more extreme Aya Hirano example that a few people were talking about, guess what, she is STILL in the business. Even after her sex scandals, she survives. She was voice acting for Gintama a few weeks ago. Azuki's situation is certainly not worst than Hirano's. If Hirano can survive in real life, Azuki should be able to survive in a manga like Bakuman.

Let's use an even more extreme example. Tina Yuzuki, aka Rio, freaking does JAV (yes, she does pr0n) and Sega uses her to promote their video game. Yes, Sega is using her despite the fact that she is a pr0n actress. Azuki's situation certainly isn't worse than being a pr0n actress.

Yes. There are "some" fans who are outraged when the pop idols they worship are revealed to have boyfriends. But there are ALSO fans who do not mind. That's because idols are humans who are capable of love too. Creepy fans who burn the CDs of the pop idols they worship, or threaten to kill them, tend to be in "narrow-minded" extremely otaku communities like 2CH. So then, what part of Azuki's situation is unrealistic? According to extremely otaku communities like 2CH?

(In the end, I went deeper into it than I expected. >_>;;;)
Old 2012-03-01, 16:34   Link #2691
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Oh man. This chapter is much greater than the last one. Can't wait for the translation
Old 2012-03-01, 18:24   Link #2692
Somnus
Eh?

Thanks again poisui, I love reading your early summaries. They make me look forward to reading the actual chapter even more.

As for my opinion on the "realism" of Bakuman, pezzie hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzie View Post
Of all the things to nit pick this manga about, in which one of the characters built a whole company from the top down to beat another character's manga, your nit pick is that fans don't behave the way you expect?

I mean, I don't think it'd fly IRL either, but this is far, far from the most outlandish thing to come from this manga.
This is the ONLY instance where I had to strain my suspension of disbelief. I was really vocal during that arc simply because it felt way out of place with the setting Bakuman had so well established.

This arc, I'm enjoying completely and I have no qualms with it. The very fact that one of her conversations went that way means that I've already strayed from the typical "Hero speech" that instantly moves the hearts of the masses.

Bakuman is written creatively enough that we're able to enjoy watching two people grow up as mangaka in today's world. Really, if it wasn't for the slight and fun twists on situations every now and then I could just read an autobiography on Oda-sensei and achieve the same thing (which I have no desire to do, btw).

On the other hand, this manga has hit so many interesting topics and views along the way. Not to mention a very good insight into the manga industry (and slighty voice acting). I've got a new perspective to it all, and it's fun seeing people reference Bakuman in other threads to explain things.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:51   Link #2693
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Thanks again poisui, I love reading your early summaries. They make me look forward to reading the actual chapter even more.
You are very welcomed! I am glad that you are enjoying them. 8D

By the way, regarding the spoiler for chapter 169, I just realized that I did not make it clear but:
Spoiler for 169:
Old 2012-03-01, 20:01   Link #2694
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
When it is that close i expect a certain level of realism in it.
If it helps there were no pink stripped elephants in this episode.
Old 2012-03-02, 08:39   Link #2695
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

chapter 169

After reading the translated version. DAMN! I can really say that this is so fucking awesome. Nice to see the interaction between Mashiro and Miho. Miho is so adorable yet again in this chapter. As expected of my favorite character in Bakuman

and I lol'd with Miho's manager. Accept my ass
Old 2012-03-02, 09:38   Link #2696
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This chapter was awesome.

I don't think it was that unrealistic. As mentioned by Takagi at the end, there are still hate messages on the internet, so it's not like her pure love kyun kyun converted everybody. She just gained more support from her more "normal" fans. I wouldn't be surprised if her popularity surged after this too, it's not everyday that a voice actress has the courage to stand up to such rumors. I know I'd take a liking to anybody who'd do that irl.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:33   Link #2697
Xacual

Isn't Kana Hanazawa still popular despite having had a boyfriend for quite a while? I thought her otaku fans were fine with it since they were "ahh adorable childhood friends".

I can't really comment on the arc as a whole since it felt pretty redundant to me since there was only one way it could go.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-03-02, 14:17   Link #2698
leokiko

This arc touches on the thing I hate the most about some otakus, the fact that they want the VA's to be pure. That's stupid and sad, which is why I absolutely loved this chapter.
Old 2012-03-02, 14:35   Link #2699
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
and I lol'd with Miho's manager. Accept my ass
Cut him some slack, watching him the last few chapters made me think he was gonna die with a heart attack more times than one.
Old 2012-03-02, 16:06   Link #2700
Somnus
Eh?

So. Much. Awesome.

Also, I agree. People are going to hate Azuki regardless, but they've gone back to being a vocal minority. No biggie, and not unrealistic at all.

Tags
manga, shounen