AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-04, 22:30   Link #19241
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
So long not seeing this site and the discussion already progressed so far? Took some time to read everything.

Great news about NT5! More two months.

Regarding the question about the enemy that denies Touma I am confused too about that.

Anyway, about Touma's "precognition", Its is me or this can be a case of Savant Syndrome?

About Mikoto, she probably is still pissed because she only appeared in NT3 and was already left aside.
Hooray!!!! finally the news I wanted to hear. Sad that it won't be out next month, but I can wait an additional month! Savant Syndrome? What is that. I expect that Mikoto will give Touma an ear full about leaving her behind. Same for Index as well .
Old 2012-08-04, 23:03   Link #19242
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
The answer is simple, put Mikoto on the cover(well she is in the summary)! That will ensure the sales! No! All the Misakas on the cover!! Even more with Touma in the middle off them, arms over Mikoto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I do not want Misaka is used only for these reasons in history, although it is quite possible that, since the volume 3 and 4 have a difference of 50,000 copies. (Even the volume 4 has been recognized by many as the best in the NT)
Didn't she had that purpose for vol.12's cover? I recall some posts on this sub-forum of some pissed off users becaus its only tease trolling from the author and illustrator in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Hooray!!!! finally the news I wanted to hear. Sad that it won't be out next month, but I can wait an additional month! Savant Syndrome? What is that. I expect that Mikoto will give Touma an ear full about leaving her behind. Same for Index as well .
If Touma bought the souvenir he wanted on NT3, Index will forgive him?
Old 2012-08-04, 23:07   Link #19243
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post

If Touma brings home a maid that can cook anything, all will be forgiven.
Old 2012-08-05, 00:15   Link #19244
Sumeragi
Banned

I doubt Maria would cook all the time for Touma.
Old 2012-08-05, 00:16   Link #19245
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
If it's some form of native/foreign food or treat then maybe. However, that's so long as she doesn't find out that he took Misaka with him instead of her. Once that gets found out his goose is not only cooked, but will be devoured by Index. In this case he should buy several geese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If Touma brings home a maid that can cook anything, all will be forgiven.
eh...not really. At least I don't think so. I remember when he brought Itsuwa home during volume 16. Although she was delighted about the food, she was upset that he brought another girl back home with him. It definitely is a hard life for Touma.

Last edited by Welsh_Dragon; 2012-08-05 at 01:23.
Old 2012-08-05, 00:39   Link #19246
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I wonder if Fiamma knows how to cook...
Old 2012-08-05, 00:58   Link #19247
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
I wonder if Fiamma knows how to cook...
Index will try to eat Fiamma's Third Arm...
Old 2012-08-05, 01:37   Link #19248
leukrota

Quote:
That sounds dirty...
Old 2012-08-05, 02:24   Link #19249
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
The vision of something is bizarre, but it would be nice to see her try, she drooling while imagining a chicken leg.
Old 2012-08-05, 02:25   Link #19250
tsunade666

Quote:
If it's some form of native/foreign food or treat then maybe. However, that's so long as she doesn't find out that he took Misaka with him instead of her. Once that gets found out his goose is not only cooked, but will be devoured by Index. In this case he should buy several geese!
I think Index knew that Mikoto go together with Touma. If Index really wanted to go with Touma then she will go with him like the vacation of Italy but this time around its not a vacation instead its searching for the enemy. Index can't go with Touma as long as its not Necesarius problem. It will be either Styl will fry him or a certain smiling archbishop which he hasn't met yet won't allow it.
Old 2012-08-05, 03:28   Link #19251
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think Index knew that Mikoto go together with Touma. If Index really wanted to go with Touma then she will go with him like the vacation of Italy but this time around its not a vacation instead its searching for the enemy. Index can't go with Touma as long as its not Necesarius problem. It will be either Styl will fry him or a certain smiling archbishop which he hasn't met yet won't allow it.
I think that it would be similar to when Tsuchimikado dragged Touma to France. She gets left behind for one reason or another. However, she would have definitely tried to go with them if she knew that "short hair" was going with him. Especially considering how she gets jealous/dislikes when Touma is with Mikoto or interacts with her(jealous spouse/girlfriend mode). Examples would be in volume 17/18 when He calls Mikoto for instructions on how to bypass an electric lock. Another would be when they argued about who would stay with Touma during the incident with Sherry Cromwell. The list goes on.
Old 2012-08-05, 04:00   Link #19252
Flere821
Lurker

Hmm, so NT5's confirmed and we have someone that 'completely denies Touma'?
Spoiler for Crack NT5 idea:

Spoiler for Alternatively...:

Yeah, I think I've been overdosing on crack-fic good stories
Old 2012-08-05, 04:26   Link #19253
tsunade666

Quote:
I think that it would be similar to when Tsuchimikado dragged Touma to France. She gets left behind for one reason or another. However, she would have definitely tried to go with them if she knew that "short hair" was going with him. Especially considering how she gets jealous/dislikes when Touma is with Mikoto or interacts with her(jealous spouse/girlfriend mode). Examples would be in volume 17/18 when He calls Mikoto for instructions on how to bypass an electric lock. Another would be when they argued about who would stay with Touma during the incident with Sherry Cromwell. The list goes on.
She was left behind because its too risky for Index to go with Touma and can you imagine that nun flying in a 7000km/hour super bomber then goes guerrilla tactics parachuting in the center of enemy battle field? Stil Yes, Index No.

Index isn't a battle type or athletic. You can think of other possible reason but most certainly if time is your enemy and your going on a jet plane. They can't send Index with him on the plane. Their should be time delay between Touma departing for district 23 and preparation for the journey. Do you really think that they they will go to America the next minute biribiri said she will go with Touma? Index will know it when she go with Touma to district 23 and separate there or when Touma was packing for his trip or just seeing Index before he go.

Touma and Index had a talk that Touma will do this his way because he is the one being sought for. Index knew Touma more than anyone (other than his parents) and Touma depends on Index more than anyone and no one can deny that bond of those 2 delusions of fans aside for their favorite character. Do you really think Touma and Index combi is just for fun for all the trouble Touma went through and Index by his side be it in battle or daily lives or when he is at his weakest or when he is in hospital for laughs ?

LOLZ PEOPLE!!!

Index will stay behind because she respects Touma and she knew he will come back to her side just like in vol 05 and right now she knew he is alive so less worries for her and she even went through against orders just to stay and wait for Touma in the beginning of NT (but more like Laura thinks she is safe at academy city or just letting her play for now)
Old 2012-08-05, 05:59   Link #19254
judasmartel
*Author

Not to mention all she does is Spell Intercept while not in Pendex Mode. Which is quite bad if the opponent is like GREMLIN who have Magitek.

Pendex is still broken though. So it comes down to what would trigger this mode.
Old 2012-08-05, 08:09   Link #19255
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I doubt Maria would cook all the time for Touma.
It would hurt her pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Hmm, so NT5's confirmed and we have someone that 'completely denies Touma'?
Spoiler for Crack NT5 idea:
The Japanese posters seem to think it would be Fukiyose as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Index will stay behind because she respects Touma and she knew he will come back to her side[/B] just like in vol 05 and right now she knew he is alive so less worries for her and she even went through against orders just to stay and wait for Touma in the beginning of NT (but more like Laura thinks she is safe at academy city or just letting her play for now)
I do think that this one is different because Touma did tell her properly that he'll be leaving, and that this concerns him personally and is not a request from Necessarius.

He wasn't dragged into this, this time he's walking into it willingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Not to mention all she does is Spell Intercept while not in Pendex Mode. Which is quite bad if the opponent is like GREMLIN who have Magitek.

Pendex is still broken though. So it comes down to what would trigger this mode.
Gremlin doesn't have Magitech per say, they just work with people that have access to technology.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-05 at 08:44.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:45   Link #19256
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I do think that this one is different because Touma did tell her properly that he'll be leaving, and that this concerns him personally and is not a request from Necessarius.

He wasn't dragged into this, this time he's walking into it willingly.
Didn't I already said that his time around he is the one being sought for in my previews post

Laura won't do anything that won't benefit the Necesarius. She do good and the same time she also do evil. She is ambiguous to it just like in the end of book of law arc. Laura won't allow Index to go fun hunt for Gremlin with Touma in America.

And in the end of NT 2. Touma frankly said that he is going and not because someone ask him for help or something. Its his own decision because this time he is the one being targeted and the other people might get hurt because of it.

Index agreeing for me is a sign of respect and trust between Touma and Index.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:03   Link #19257
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Man, I'm losing my touch, to think I'm just now hearing of this. At first I was a bit weirded out by Touma coming back to AC so soon, but then I remembered how much school he's skipped, so yeah, no choice there. I'm really interested by the mention of Misaka and Index. I've always wanted to see more interaction between the two. Now that Mikoto has an idea about magic, I'd like to see what she and Index have to say to each other.

This ultimate enemy thing is also interesting...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-08-05, 14:11   Link #19258
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post

She dosen't need to get into a straight up fight, she has her knowledge that would help. Index very useful when it comes to magic that isn't extremly unknown like the ones of Gods Right Seat. She was afterall the one that saved Last Order and Kazakiri in Vol 13

But the Magitek would be a problem
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-08-05, 17:43   Link #19259
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't doubt that Touma would end up cooking all the time for Maria
There, Fixed.
Old 2012-08-05, 17:56   Link #19260
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Now that Mikoto has an idea about magic, I'd like to see what she and Index have to say to each other.
... whether biting Touma's head is an effective form of behavioral control?

There's not much here for them to discuss beyond their personal interactions with the Invincible Idiot. Unless I missed something somewhere, the only thing they have to say to each other on the matter would amount to something like Mikoto railing (no pun intended) at Index for dragging Touma into the world of Magic and causing a bunch of problems for everyone involved with him. Index would return something to the effect of Touma being the idiot who tried to rescue her, thus his own actions led to his memory loss and getting dragged into the world of Magic of his own free will. Then Touma walks in and they both take their rage out on him, causing him immense pain and suffering.

Well, I can dream...

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen