AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 20:38   Link #761
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Well guys sorry to say this despite my long standing hesitation for this game but I have to admit I'm SORTA getting interested in the game now MAINLY to see how this story pans out, cause sorry to say the gameplay still looks blah...
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:10   Link #762
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I pre-ordered the game for bonus contents.
The samurai pack and the bone pack.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:52   Link #763
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, this guy is basically the opposite of Vergil, who was a demon who hated humans, whilst he's a human that hates demons.

I guess I'll call him Vino.
Well, he's not even part human since he's now a demon/angel hybrid in this new continuity.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 07:43   Link #764
Kurizu204

At this point for me the worst part so far is the story and dialogue. It is pretty bad. Designs and personalities you can get used to, but with out a good story to hold it together, it will flop.

(Un)fortunately the game has guaranteed buys since people will just want to see how good or bad the game will be.
Kurizu204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 08:22   Link #765
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurizu204 View Post
At this point for me the worst part so far is the story and dialogue. It is pretty bad. Designs and personalities you can get used to, but with out a good story to hold it together, it will flop.

(Un)fortunately the game has guaranteed buys since people will just want to see how good or bad the game will be.
Yea, UNfortunately people are judging the whole package before playing it.
Old 2012-08-18, 09:20   Link #766
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Believe me, there are more supporters than haters now. Go at DMC.Org
It's one of the oldest devil may cry forum and almost all people there are supporters now.
Old 2012-08-18, 15:00   Link #767
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Good, I'll take your word for it and visit there.
Old 2012-08-18, 16:17   Link #768
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Believe me, there are more supporters than haters now. Go at DMC.Org
It's one of the oldest devil may cry forum and almost all people there are supporters now.
I wasn't aware that DMC.org was the standard by which all DMC fandom is measured by. As someone whose been part of multiple DMC communities the general trend is that people who hate or just don't care anymore have just stopped posting.
Old 2012-08-18, 17:51   Link #769
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Last time i checked, there are more likes than dislikes in DmC videos in youtube.I'm also part of many huge gaming forums such as IGN,Gamespot,Gamefrontdotcom,gameinformer ETC.So far, most of them likes what they are seeing.I have also gone to E3 2012 and so far the comments of people that have played the game are good and skeptical, and not that much hate.
Old 2012-08-18, 18:36   Link #770
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Last time i checked, there are more likes than dislikes in DmC videos in youtube.
So the people that don't like it aren't even watching the videos anymore. And I've never used likes or dislikes on Yotube as a gauge for things.

Quote:
So far, most of them likes what they are seeing. I have also gone to E3 2012 and so far the comments of people that have played the game are good and skeptical, and not that much hate.
Like I said, most who still hate aren't even posting anymore. Hate has definitely died down though and skepticism seems to be the majority. A number are expecting a good game but not a good DMC game.

Hell, I've reached apathy at this point so I'll be renting this game. My biggest gripe with this game is the possibility of the old series ending and the sales will be what decides the direction they take after this game.
Old 2012-08-18, 18:39   Link #771
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Hell, I've reached apathy at this point so I'll be renting this game. My biggest gripe with this game is the possibility of the old series ending.
Ah well same.The old series don't have a clear conclusion.
Devil may cry 1 and 3 linked to each other but barely.DMC 4 and DMC 2 looks like nothing but a filler and the addition of nero is one big plot hole.
Old 2012-08-19, 06:44   Link #772
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Last time i checked, there are more likes than dislikes in DmC videos in youtube.I'm also part of many huge gaming forums such as IGN,Gamespot,Gamefrontdotcom,gameinformer ETC.So far, most of them likes what they are seeing.I have also gone to E3 2012 and so far the comments of people that have played the game are good and skeptical, and not that much hate.
I could tell you that most people I know don't care at this point anymore to say anything about this game. They just gave me "Another news? Whatever" reaction whenever I told them something. I believe others are in the same situation, where you see the hate is just dying down due to not many haters are posting their opinion anymore.
Old 2012-08-19, 07:45   Link #773
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

It's reverse to me because most people that i know are anticipating the game.The combat is pretty much the same as the old DMC only it runs on 30fps.But the decrease of the frame rate doesn't mean it become slower, only less fluidity.
Old 2012-08-19, 07:49   Link #774
Westlo
Lets be reality

The difference between 60FPS and 30FPS is massive... but I'll judge the combat fully after seeing what Itsuno can do with his time on the game.

Lmao @ the news of Itsuno polishing this game having no reaction here, he made DMC3 and 4, you think that would mean something. Obviously Vergils different haircut > DMC god working on the game.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 07:52   Link #775
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

So far the only real thing i don't like in the game is the character portraition of vergil in this reboot, as dante and also vergil being a half angel somewhat bothers me.Everything else is at least fine to me.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2012-08-19 at 08:41.
Old 2012-08-20, 03:48   Link #776
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Judging from all the media we've seen to far, DMC seems to be shaping up to be a good game.

That being said, I will never be satisfied with the decision to completely overhaul the looks, background and habits of some of my favorite characters in gaming. That's not to say that I will never come to like the new Dante, but if his rise means the permanent death of the original as well as the original series, I don't want him.
Old 2012-08-23, 20:26   Link #777
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

found this
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
That being said, I will never be satisfied with the decision to completely overhaul the looks, background and habits of some of my favorite characters in gaming. That's not to say that I will never come to like the new Dante, but if his rise means the permanent death of the original as well as the original series, I don't want him.
This.
Old 2012-08-23, 21:41   Link #778
Seihai
スマイリウム

The gameplay looks fun from what I have seen. I agree to the above that it would suck if the old series died. Ok I think that's all on my mind for now... oh, I was baffled when I heard "fuck you!!!" yelled 3 times in a row.
Old 2012-09-12, 17:17   Link #779
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Old 2012-10-25, 02:54   Link #780
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube

YouTube

Surprised that the Japanese version of PlayStation All Stars has the original Dante.