Old 2013-04-16, 10:38   Link #5181
Sumeragi
Banned

Assault Tank Ferdinand:

Škoda Panther Mad Run:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 12:30   Link #5182
Pen3

Wow Dai bought the Elefant! How do you like it so far?

Latest game on Elefant

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nothing special but this is how i play Ferdi-chan

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-16 at 12:54.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 12:31   Link #5183
Sumeragi
Banned

1st Class Assault Tank Ferdinand:

Old 2013-04-16, 13:19   Link #5184
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
spot it dai, you'll make ES jealous

I still need to research the ferdi to elite the tiger P. and I can pretty much get the E 75 all upgraded since i've got everything except the engine and treads.

but right now i'm working on upgrading the T69, i can't believe I need treads to put on the damn 90mm. well i also have equipment on it so i suppose i could have gotten the 90 mm on there if i didn't load any equip.

I also can finish the VK heavies also if i wanted, i'm only missing the engies and trax.

but i'll do that some other time after I get the T62A which will be the last tank i'll get. while wasting free xp after that.
Old 2013-04-16, 14:41   Link #5185
Pen3

Owned the pupeh plat lol

Images

Old 2013-04-16, 16:35   Link #5186
Sumeragi
Banned

Creative Contest: Parody Song

Already got my idea.
Old 2013-04-16, 17:48   Link #5187
LeoXiao
思想工作

Share it with us if you lose.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 18:14   Link #5188
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Touma, Touma, Touma, given your experience with high tiers, should should have realized already that USUALLY to get the last gun you have to do the Suspension, then the Turret, then the Gun in question.

I'm kind of bummed out that my performance with the T-44 seems to be one of give and take. I lose first, then win, usually in that sequence. It might be a while before I get more than "breaking even" on it. I mean, it took a while for me to go over 50% on the Comet as well...

Oh well, I suppose that ungodly great performance I had with the T-43 didn't quite carry over, though I have to say in games where there's a good amount of mediums on my side, we pretty much steamroll the enemy team (usually via outflank).
Old 2013-04-16, 18:31   Link #5189
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Right, just having a hard time getting things down because I'm placed in matches where I can't do much damage. Was recently just in a match with my SU-76B against Comets, and IS. Should I just play the scout with a Churchill if I can't do much damage on them? Because I know I can't do much against them.
Old 2013-04-16, 18:36   Link #5190
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Right, just having a hard time getting things down because I'm placed in matches where I can't do much damage. Was recently just in a match with my SU-76B against Comets, and IS. Should I just play the scout with a Churchill if I can't do much damage on them? Because I know I can't do much against them.
Wait, you can actually take out a Comet with your SU, as its armor is both paper-thin (its front is 76 but unangled, and its sides are about 50) AND very prone to module damage (its ammo rack is on the sides, and it has a bad habit of exploding). Its why I'm usually afraid of being placed on the top of the list (the MM LOVES doing this), as this paints a huge target on your paper-thin tank.

The IS is another matter entirely of course. Though given your experience, shouldn't you know by now to hit the things in the tracks then run away as fast as possible? XD
Old 2013-04-16, 18:39   Link #5191
Pen3

Strategy wise this was a great game where i use a paper brit heavy to hold the city long enough for valley to go back and defend. I was up against IS-7, IS-8, E-75 and their Arty behind where i knew i could not beat them and just played defense with lots of tracking and angling to buy time. Ended up top 5 score so it went fairly good and some good tips on playing rear turreted tank for corner peeping.

Images
Old 2013-04-16, 18:45   Link #5192
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Wait, you can actually take out a Comet with your SU, as its armor is both paper-thin (its front is 76 but unangled, and its sides are about 50) AND very prone to module damage (its ammo rack is on the sides, and it has a bad habit of exploding). Its why I'm usually afraid of being placed on the top of the list (the MM LOVES doing this), as this paints a huge target on your paper-thin tank.
I guess after that one encounter in my Matilda where I was CONSTANTLY bombarded by 4 light tanks for a good 2-3 minutes before they eventually killed me. I actually like to feel like a superior impenetrable tank. So feeling like the bottom of the food chain is what's setting me off from playing better.

Quote:
The IS is another matter entirely of course. Though given your experience, shouldn't you know by now to hit the things in the tracks then run away as fast as possible? XD
But it's so scary that I just have to run from it!
Old 2013-04-16, 19:02   Link #5193
LeoXiao
思想工作

As a smaller tank, you need to know when you can attack a larger one and when you should run away and pick on someone your own size or smaller. Never face a larger enemy alone is the general rule.
Old 2013-04-16, 19:05   Link #5194
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
As a smaller tank, you need to know when you can attack a larger one and when you should run away and pick on someone your own size or smaller. Never face a larger enemy alone is the general rule.
unless its a td that youre confident you can flank.
Old 2013-04-16, 19:07   Link #5195
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I took my risks with my PzIV and ran right to the side of a Jagdpanzer and slammed it. I felt so proud of myself until the other tanks around him killed me
Old 2013-04-16, 19:07   Link #5196
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Touma, Touma, Touma, given your experience with high tiers, should should have realized already that USUALLY to get the last gun you have to do the Suspension, then the Turret, then the Gun in question.

I'm kind of bummed out that my performance with the T-44 seems to be one of give and take. I lose first, then win, usually in that sequence. It might be a while before I get more than "breaking even" on it. I mean, it took a while for me to go over 50% on the Comet as well...

Oh well, I suppose that ungodly great performance I had with the T-43 didn't quite carry over, though I have to say in games where there's a good amount of mediums on my side, we pretty much steamroll the enemy team (usually via outflank).
yes yes index, i know your hungry (plz don't chomp on my head), but T69 does not have another turret to research, neither does it need one to mount it. anyways I think my equipment was took too much weight on it for it to be mounted, it ways 1 ton.

kinda bummed out to find out that I didn't have enough suspension to put it on without treads, I mean i didn't need trax on the T71 to mount the 76er.

I guess i'm too use to having everything researched all in 1 go.
Old 2013-04-16, 19:08   Link #5197
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Got the Black Prince there now and had a game in it completely stock and its actually better than I thought it would be.

The starter 77mm gun is obviously a bit naff but I was able to survive a constant onslaught until the final seconds of the game when an IS-2 delivered the final blow.

Still I did alright I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
unless its a td that youre confident you can flank.
I do this quite a lot in the T49 especially against lone KV-1's and the like which can't really do much when you coax in behind them.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 22:59   Link #5198
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I really need to learn to quit when I'm not ahead. Trying to end the night on a good note just resulted in a wasted hour of anger and playing progressively worse. Sigh.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 00:18   Link #5199
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Tip to RWBladewing and any other new users: don't rush up the tiers. Just because you researched the next tank in line doesn't mean you have to immediately jump into it and sell your previous tank.

Play a tank until you get comfortable with it. You don't even have to be good at it; just get a great battle and some medals now and then. Spending more time on a tier will familiarize you with the different enemy tanks you will face and make you better at countering them. I myself zoomed through tiers 2 and 3, and as a result I know very little about the tanks in those tiers and the strategies associated with them. Now, I've slowed down and I'm spending several weeks grinding skills on my favorite tanks in tiers 4, 5, and 6. It'll be quite a while before I seriously start battling with a tier 7 tank.

World of Tanks doesn't have to be a race to tier 10. Play for fun, force yourself to quit after a losing (or winning) streak, and improve on the tanks you like.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 00:29   Link #5200
LeoXiao
思想工作

Obtained the Type sixty t- I mean, the WZ-131.

Yeah, ultimately WoT is about playing a tank, not grinding it. Having a premium vehicle that you play just for fun and moneymaking can teach you that.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks