AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 22:41   Link #221
Aesthetic Shampoo

It takes me three times as long to watch an episode because i pause so much in fear of whats to come
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 22:56   Link #222
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that was the best fantasy Manabe had Kotoura as a sheep girl
Old 2013-01-24, 23:02   Link #223
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
After this episode, Manabe is AMAZING as the male lead, but the moment I saw him grin and clench his fist, I didn’t think “Oh, he’s fighting back because he’s being attacked.”, but thought, “This guy had a bad history of fighting.”. At least 2 of the guys he was fighting were both bulkier and taller than he was, and the 3rd guy was fat. There’s no way a high schooler could do all of that damage to 4 guys, whose 2 are members at the dojo(I dunno if the black belts are actual black belts, or just standard gi attire here) at once w/o SOME kind of skill. If this is true, it’ll be interesting to see what skeletons Manabe has in his closet, and whether they are as dark or is darker than Kotoura’s.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 23:04   Link #224
ellessarr
Banned

omg that moritani bitch she is a shame in the name of all "childhood friends" girls, even if the OP show she gona be forgiven and joing the club, i'm not forgiving this bitch she deserves even worsth suffer, she asked her korrai to attack manabe O.o omg freaking yandere, i really disliked who she just get this "suffer from guilt" indeed looks like a good punishiment but was needed him suffer too, she disevers a ownself punishiment she dont deserve forgiveness.

yuriko(have a chibi complex) and daichi are more than just "friends" lol when yuriko was about to say who they are lovers daichi stoppend and say who they are just childhood friends even after that he told to her to go to his home because his parents asked.

manabe kun again being amazing show how really a male MC must be with his girl and not a just chickening guy.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 23:06   Link #225
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Am I seeing things or was Kotoura's mother the nurse oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 23:38   Link #226
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

She was a lot younger than Kotoura's mother.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 23:38   Link #227
HandofFate

I really like the dynamic between the club prez, and daichi. Daichi's character design looks rather odd, but its neat that he has a rather serious observational side and I like how he's there to support the prez and to make sure she isn't consumed by whatever agenda she seems to have.

Also love all the imo subtle actions between the two that showed they were close even before saying they were childhood friends this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Am I seeing things or was Kotoura's mother the nurse oO
lol, not even close. You see the mother in the opening credits walking by looking miserable.

That being said, I wonder from the preview seems Kotoura goes back to her grandfather/monk guy's place. Wonder if we will see the mother again soon. Since she shows up in the opening credits, as well as in chibi form running with everyone else near the end. Maybe the two make up a bit, probably not full reconciliation, but at least a forgiveness for abandoning her.
Old 2013-01-25, 01:02   Link #228
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this was another good episode for the series. Did a nice job making you wonder just who was going to be attacked. Though I suppose it makes more sense that Moritani could get away with getting those guys to attack a "stalker" compared to just some random girl. That might have pushed it too far.

Have to say Manabe really is a damn good guy. More relieved that Kotoura wasn't caught up in that situation than bothered by his own injuries. Though pretty shocking that he hurt those guys that bad. Makes you wonder about this guy. Still, sadly that goodness didn't quite make everything turn out alright.

Kotoura sure does put a lot onto her own shoulders. Even blaming herself for Moritani feeling that level of mental stress realizing that all her guilty thoughts were practically on a loudspeaker for Kotoura. Though I have to say that would be a rather unpleasant situation. Not that it wasn't undeserved considering what she did. I mean practically hiring a hit and then being upset that they didn't beat him up the right amount? I get she let anger cloud her judgment, but a bit late to have second thoughts about it.

Sadly Kotoura blamed herself for everything. Not too surprising with her past though. At this point she just assumes that everything bad is all her fault and if she stays around people either they will leave her or they'll get hurt in her place. She can't take either one. Would seem likely that she pulled back to staying with her grandfather for the moment.

Of course nothing will end like this. Time for Manabe to take action and track that girl down. Otherwise she'll just keep on hurting. Looking forward to seeing how this all gets resolved.

On a lighter note, great imagination from Manabe. This guy is amazing . Though he really does sabotage himself sometimes. Sets up for a confession and then kills Kotoura's motivation to follow through .
Old 2013-01-25, 01:12   Link #229
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

This episode was made of win. The beginning bits were fun, and I loled at tone deaf Kotoura (IIRC, her seiyuu sings the OP), though that's something that can be trained. That's the beauty of singing; of all the creative arts, it's one where you don't need talent to be good, just training and practice.

There's a bit of drama, but that just means next week, Manabe is going to drag Kotoura back.

Also I like the setup between Yuriko and Daichi, really shows how they've been friends for ages, and that there could be something more if they just reach out and grabbed it.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 01:30   Link #230
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
*sigh*

Such a great ep....

This series is gonna kill me, I am sure of it -_-
Old 2013-01-25, 01:44   Link #231
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
After this episode, Manabe is AMAZING as the male lead, but the moment I saw him grin and clench his fist, I didn’t think “Oh, he’s fighting back because he’s being attacked.”, but thought, “This guy had a bad history of fighting.”. At least 2 of the guys he was fighting were both bulkier and taller than he was, and the 3rd guy was fat. There’s no way a high schooler could do all of that damage to 4 guys, whose 2 are members at the dojo(I dunno if the black belts are actual black belts, or just standard gi attire here) at once w/o SOME kind of skill. If this is true, it’ll be interesting to see what skeletons Manabe has in his closet, and whether they are as dark or is darker than Kotoura’s.
Well there could be some truth to this seeing how in episode one her refused to go over Moritani's house because he seriously thought she wanted his fighting skills
Old 2013-01-25, 02:18   Link #232
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
and I loled at tone deaf Kotoura (IIRC, her seiyuu sings the OP), though that's something that can be trained.
Correction: actually the OP is sung by none other than Nakajima Megumi ( ), while Kotoura is voiced by Kanemoto Hisako (i.e. Ika Musume). Nakajima's voice is rather distinct, especially during the closing verses of the OP song.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 02:24   Link #233
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Correction: actually the OP is sung by none other than Nakajima Megumi ( ), while Kotoura is voiced by Kanemoto Hisako (i.e. Ika Musume). Nakajima's voice is rather distinct, especially during the closing verses of the OP song.
*pauses from work to hide under his desk and relisten to the song*

*facepalms*

You're absolutely right. Ranka-chan~ (inb4 Sheryl is best girl. The solution: SherylxRanka & AltoxVF-25 OTP. ;P)

MY SEIYUU-FU IS WEAK! DAMNIT!!!!! T__T It's like I can only recognise Takehito Koyasu and Shizuka Itou at this point.

...nevermind, I shall console myself with getting AR medals tonight.

Edit: After looking at the ANN castlist, I'm facepalming at how I didn't recognise KanaHana or Kikuko "Always 17" Inoue as Haruka's mom. T__T

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:13   Link #234
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Edit: After looking at the ANN castlist, I'm facepalming at how I didn't recognise KanaHana
Fun seiyuu fact: the Mifune X Muroto couple uses the same seiyuus as this couple though the character types are quite different!

Nothing much to say about the episode itself,it was good as I now expect of this show and I look forward to more.
I'm really curious as to what the source material looks like,not exactly sure how this story could be told in 4 koma style.
Old 2013-01-25, 07:48   Link #235
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

next time, I should be reminded that after a bright opening there will be a depressing scene....

next time the whole club will finally try to find out those who take care of Kotoura since her parents left her...

I really want Yuriko reveal her true goal to Kotoura.... it just hurt to think that she has the biggest potential to hurt her in upcoming episode
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 07:59   Link #236
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I really want Yuriko reveal her true goal to Kotoura.... it just hurt to think that she has the biggest potential to hurt her in upcoming episode
I suspect that Kotoura will find out by accident that Yuriko has been using her all along and that the only reason she wanted Kotoura to join the club was so that she could use her for her ultimate goal. This will cause another "crisis of the week" for Kotoura, and she will quit the club (again). Yuriko will see the error of her ways, and Kotoura will, unfortunately, forgive her. But, of course, she will still use Kotoura anyways, 'cause she's just selfish, unsympathetic, and insensitive.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 09:07   Link #237
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ep 3 was great , so great. Can't wait for more chara's development.
The karaoke was hilarious & felt real. Great cast on it.
Still surprised that a few people watch this anime...

Last edited by -Sho-; 2013-01-25 at 09:19.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 10:15   Link #238
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I suspect that Kotoura will find out by accident that Yuriko has been using her all along and that the only reason she wanted Kotoura to join the club was so that she could use her for her ultimate goal. This will cause another "crisis of the week" for Kotoura, and she will quit the club (again). Yuriko will see the error of her ways, and Kotoura will, unfortunately, forgive her. But, of course, she will still use Kotoura anyways, 'cause she's just selfish, unsympathetic, and insensitive.
I am more in the line of Yuriko convincing herself she needs to use Kotoura for her own goals but failing at it.As Daichi said it, she doesn't fit the villain role.

Looks like Manabe and co. will learn a part or all of Kotoura's past next episode.
Old 2013-01-25, 10:53   Link #239
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I am more in the line of Yuriko convincing herself she needs to use Kotoura for her own goals but failing at it.As Daichi said it, she doesn't fit the villain role.
Well, yes, Yuriko has already convinced herself that she needs to use Kotoura for her own goals. I wasn't actually speculating on whether or not she succeeds, rather, on whether or not Kotoura finds out that she is being used, and what will happen when she does. Just like we are the observers of Kotoura's growing affection for Manabe, for which I suspect that he will eventually find out how she feels, we are likewise observing Yuriko's underhanded treatment of Kotoura, for which I think Kotoura will eventually find out.

I do wonder if Manabe has or will realize what is really going on with Yuriko.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 11:22   Link #240
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't see Yuriko as especially evil, and I doubt the manga-ka or anime writers do either. We already know she has some horrible memories stored away, and given the nature of the show, I expect her to be treated sympathetically whenever push comes to shove. Moritani won't remain in the villain role much longer either, I suspect. I expect we'll discover there is more to her dislike of growing up in a dojo than we have seen so far.
Spoiler:
To me, the "villain" in this show, if you can call it that, is the unwelcoming society in which Kotoura must live. Kotoura-san seems largely a critique of conformist pressures in Japanese society, at least as it plays out among adolescents. Even Manabe, whom everyone here apparently admires, quickly became an outcast just by showing compassion for Kotoura. Now that he has declared his feelings publicly, he's become even more of a pariah.

I do hope we get to see a bit more balance in Kotoura herself, though. So far she's a victim without blemish and somewhat unbelievably forgiving as we see at the end of episode three. That makes her less human and less interesting as a character in the long run.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-01-25 at 19:55. Reason: You'd think I could at least spell the main character's name correctly!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy