AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 09:16   Link #2561
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Ha! I knew it!!! All bishounen are evil creatures!

I never liked Hermit...

Last edited by aliasxn; 2009-09-09 at 15:16.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 09:19   Link #2562
ZeroForever

quoted from someone else from another forum as to why it's not a surprise if you pay attention to the hints

Quote:
Meh...wasn't that much of a surprise. There's actually been hints about this development for quite some time now.

1. Tanimoto knew entirely too much about Yomi's members with no explanation given about how he knew them.

2. During the camping trip, those russian soldiers working for Yami were ordered to attack every known member of Shinpaku alliance EXCEPT Tanimoto.

3. The last unrevealed member of Yomi has always been shown as wearing the Hermit outfit (albeit a different colored one)

4. The symbol of the last Yami master is "Yue" (Moon). The chinese characters for Sougetsu is "Chiang Yue" (Spear Moon).
Old 2009-09-09, 10:22   Link #2563
qwertzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
quoted from someone else from another forum as to why it's not a surprise if you pay attention to the hints
#1 definitely is a hint.

#2 however could also be, because Tanimoto did not attend the DoD together with the other Shinpaku members.

Hm, maybe the fact that he did not join the others during the DoD could be seen as a hint.
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 12:56   Link #2564
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, just because he's a yomi doesn't make him an evil guy...which is why I'm looking forward to the next chapters, more than usual!
Also, LOL at Honoka's eating face
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 13:49   Link #2565
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm still on my stance that Tanimoto is unaware of Sougetsu's involvement with YAMI which out of technicalities make him YOMI.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 15:24   Link #2566
Terrean

Well I do not think it is revealed by that.
Ok, the clues make it really easy thinking but it also can be a coincidence.
Hermit titled his master as a hitman who goes under the name of "God of Fist"

But he was said to had no contact to his master during the Ragnarok Arc.
He may have been training like crazy (similiar to Kenichi) and now be on YOMI level, but I do not think that it makes sense for him to be the last remaining member.
Rather a new member (like Loki, but this has to be a joke..really..)

I hope for Kajima to clean up the mess...
Old 2009-09-09, 18:19   Link #2567
Wargumm1i
Hentai

It all makes sense now..... I mean Iv bin wondering this for a while but Hermit knew a little bit too much about Yomi and Yami, I mean he knew Shou at first glance when he saved Kenichi.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 00:36   Link #2568
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
Im not too thrilled about the new yomi member being someone already introduced.Unfamiliar faces add flavor to things guess ill have to wait til the introduction of the ogata's 3 disciple's for a new face.Once the ogota's kids make an appearance what will happen to ryuuto? how long could he be a ginue piff for?
Telcalipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 02:18   Link #2569
NoLongerSane

I do not mind that Tanimoto is the probable final member for YOMI, and if he turns out to be, that would make a least three members from Ragnorok (Hermit, Beserker, Odin) that have joined in YOMI's ranks despite that their former organization was oppose to them. I would include Loki but he is shown to be a spy for that planning alien.

What I am interested is what part Ogota is going to play while in YAMI. He has shown to have an alteriative motive for being with YAMI, and he is teaching very dangerous techniques that have already crippled his disciple Ryuuto. I am wondering how those three new students/disciples that Ogota has taken are going fare when they face of against Kenichi and co.

Another thing that I am interested in is how Kenichi is going to deal with have peeked the interest of more than one YAMI master. He grabbed Ogota's when he was sent into the forest by the Elder to see what going down the path of the asura was like. He probably grabbed Mikumo's attention due to his actions being similar to the Elder. And now he has the attention of Silcardo who is looking currently without a disciple.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 05:07   Link #2570
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
Well I do not think it is revealed by that.
Ok, the clues make it really easy thinking but it also can be a coincidence.
Hermit titled his master as a hitman who goes under the name of "God of Fist"

But he was said to had no contact to his master during the Ragnarok Arc.
He may have been training like crazy (similiar to Kenichi) and now be on YOMI level, but I do not think that it makes sense for him to be the last remaining member.
Rather a new member (like Loki, but this has to be a joke..really..)

I hope for Kajima to clean up the mess...
Actually I got the impression that what was missing for hermit was more like techniques and mentoring rather than training. That was what was depicted he was missing so far. with his master back and training him, theres a good chance he's shou level and above.

It also appears that the master is a little different from the other shadow fists. with the exception of the obaaachan, the others are a little blood thirsty to say the least. I suspect he subscribes to not saving lives rather than fighting to kill. Still lots of room for them to betray and co-exist with ranpaku.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 11:46   Link #2571
pacipejo

Berserker may not be one of the three misterious disciples, they look much more like the members of the three greatest chinese martial arts that fought Miu and Kenichi in the D of D...
pacipejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 11:50   Link #2572
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It could be anyone, really.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 13:19   Link #2573
pacipejo

I looked for them and I'm pretty sure they are, from left to right, ba gua's Chou, shin yi's Yo and tai ji's Gaku we saw in chapters 210 to 217 and 309. Wonder how they could have been recruited by Yami, they were supposed to hava Ma's clan protection... So impatient to see them after the crazy training they probably had to go through
pacipejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 15:11   Link #2574
Terrean

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacipejo View Post
I looked for them and I'm pretty sure they are, from left to right, ba gua's Chou, shin yi's Yo and tai ji's Gaku we saw in chapters 210 to 217 and 309. Wonder how they could have been recruited by Yami, they were supposed to hava Ma's clan protection... So impatient to see them after the crazy training they probably had to go through
Canīt really believe it. I checked it, too and think they must have made a lot of change. But it would be possible, though.

But the case berserker plus 2 new ones would be more interesting.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:48   Link #2575
servidor

I found it very difficult, because they must go to school besides working at Uncle Hakubi's place. And he told them "Don't even try to escape" after he saw the damage done to his restaurant.

Last edited by servidor; 2009-09-10 at 16:07.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:05   Link #2576
FarFromOver

I don't believe in Tanimoto being the Moon member of YOMI even though the last chapter makes me think about it. I mean it's just so obvious with Nijima telling us that the last Yami member is a vagrant and than the ending of the chapter with Tanimoto talking about the vagrancy of his master with the moon in the background!
But in chapter 184 you can see the mouth and the nose of the moon member and I can't see any similarities there.
FarFromOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 11:35   Link #2577
ko-sukebe-gawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarFromOver View Post
But in chapter 184 you can see the mouth and the nose of the moon member and I can't see any similarities there.
Are you sure it's in the chapter 184? Because I've just gone through this chapter and I haven't seen it. Check it out again!
ko-sukebe-gawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 09:16   Link #2578
FarFromOver

Sorry! it was 188. My mistake. On page 20...
And also in chapter 266 you see all off "One Shadow, Nine Fists" and the only one that
could be thought about as the master of the "moon-member" of YOMI would be
the one behind kensei. That's because he's the only one we don't know anything about.
And that guy is not looking like sougetsu. But he has to be a Kenpo master too, because
Diego said that Shou also knew Chinese Kenpo. So maybe we get to see
Sougetsu and Tanimoto vs Yami's Kenpo master and his disciple.

Just what I think. XD

Last edited by FarFromOver; 2009-09-14 at 09:59.
FarFromOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 14:25   Link #2579
Terrean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarFromOver View Post
Sorry! it was 188. My mistake. On page 20...
And also in chapter 266 you see all off "One Shadow, Nine Fists" and the only one that
could be thought about as the master of the "moon-member" of YOMI would be
the one behind kensei. That's because he's the only one we don't know anything about.
And that guy is not looking like sougetsu. But he has to be a Kenpo master too, because
Diego said that Shou also knew Chinese Kenpo. So maybe we get to see
Sougetsu and Tanimoto vs Yami's Kenpo master and his disciple.

Just what I think. XD
Thatīs what I am hoping, too. And the cape of the "Moon-Yomi" is nothing like Hermitīs in chapter 188.

Furthermore, Sougetsu was one of Fortunaīs hired masters while Diego was kind of his partner on the D of D. Would have a strange feeling to it, when a perhaps stronger Yami-Fist is "only" hired.
And the timings... Sougetsu might be a vagrant and attending the 2-3 times when all of OSNF gathered ist not his style.

He even seemed to have forgotten about Hermit in the mini-arc of the Ma-brothers fight. And shortly afterwards bring him to join Yomi? Nah..
Hermit has a superb spy network (remember he is still rich) and is well informed.
Old 2009-09-14, 14:49   Link #2580
Tirawit Koukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
I think it's true. We saw Tirawit playing chess with the new Yomi leader after he killed Kenichi, and the Kajima wondering if he was next. Tirawit is close to Shou Kano's level, if not better.

Kenichi could have been defeated as easily by Shou. When Shou attacked him after mauling Shinpaku, Kenichi only blocked a killing blow by having seen where Takeda was hit. The second time, the chainmail saved him. And for the rest of his fight, even though Shou pounded him, Kenichi at least partially blocked everything. Unlike here where he took Tirawit's best strike completely undefended.

It just shows that a weaker opponent can win if he's more mentally focused. That's the theme of most sporting upsets of the past millenium .

Agreed. Also, Shou trained in all the martial arts that Kenichi had seen (karate, kempo, jujitsu, muay thai). At one point in the fight, Shou went for a karate chop saying that he had been trained by the greatest karate master, the God-hand. And Kenichi blocked it responding that his karate master, Sakaki shio, was the greatest.

However, Kenichi hasn't gotten any training in ancient Muay Thai to prepare him for Tirawit. Although I expect Apachai to teach him before the rematch.
it was not his best strike.....it was just the right move at a perfect time
Tirawit Koukin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen