AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 11:07   Link #561
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
all indicates that Miura is in real danger of start as a jobber right from her debut fight
Why are you surprised that she's not being depicted as winning?
Miura is fighting in the tournament for the first time, like almost all of Vivio's friends. Her opponent, on the other hand, has been a contestant ever since she was old enough to enter, that was 8 years ago, and she has never failed to enter the City Tournament before. An objective pre-match evaluation would have rated Miura's chances of defeating Micaiah at "slim to none." The real surprise would be Miura actually winning this match.

Quote:
i wonder what function hides behind her boots mode change, it obviously have somethign to do with her "draw" thechnique we must wait to watch xD.
It's not a mode change, she's casting a magic attack. It's a concentration-type magic, which is the same kind of magic that Nanoha uses to cast a Starlight Breaker, and it's concentrating the magic into her legs.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 11:16   Link #562
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Wait, what, really? That's... actually somewhat interesting. Starlight Breaker physical reinforcement sounds really good. It also opens up a wide-range of abilities. Hope they explain more about that.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 12:57   Link #563
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's not a mode change, she's casting a magic attack. It's a concentration-type magic, which is the same kind of magic that Nanoha uses to cast a Starlight Breaker, and it's concentrating the magic into her legs.
So, Miura will become the magical version of Rock Lee(you know, N*ruto's resident superpowerfull jobber)?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 14:11   Link #564
Mirron

Is there a reason you don't say the series' name? I mean, it seems kind of silly, since everyone knows what it's called. And quit saying Miura is a jobber. It is way way way too early to say she's going to be doing that. She hasn't even finished her first battle.
Old 2011-05-17, 14:13   Link #565
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, you're right it's still soon, i'm only saying that considering who her trainers are xDU

EDIT: About the series name, the only time i've mentioned the full name of that series i received a lot of blacklash for doing that like if were some sort of a banned word and that was far before i've gained my current "reputation" xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-17, 14:44   Link #566
Mirron

That... makes really no sense to me, at all. It seems completely pointless, like censoring a swear word by only marking one letter with an asterick.

And the Wolkenritter are fine, you're just overly negative. They just aren't the main characters (sadly, seems like the trio is Nanoha, Fate, and Subaru, not Hayate), so they're the most likely to take harsh blows. But they're also the majority of the cast. Not like Erio didn't take a harsh blow either, and he was the only non-Wolkenritter/main character there, so it's not really exclusive to them. It just seems worse because they're such a large group and such a large part of the main cast.
Old 2011-05-17, 14:59   Link #567
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
And the Wolkenritter are fine, you're just overly negative. They just aren't the main characters (sadly, seems like the trio is Nanoha, Fate, and Subaru, not Hayate), so they're the most likely to take harsh blows. But they're also the majority of the cast. Not like Erio didn't take a harsh blow either, and he was the only non-Wolkenritter/main character there, so it's not really exclusive to them. It just seems worse because they're such a large group and such a large part of the main cast.
And just as they live under the shadow of the true main characters Miura is also condemmed to live under the one of Vivio and her friends. So it won't be anything new if the little trainee of the tough guys that always get trashed end up becoming the tough girl that always get trashed xDU.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-05-17 at 16:52.
Old 2011-05-17, 16:21   Link #568
Mirron

She still will get chances to shine. They may not be as common as the main heroes, but I'll never forget Vita in the engine room, I felt that was a really touching scene. Sure, she probably won't shine like the main cast (likely Vivio and Einhart, third person possibly showing up later), but she'll still get a chance to show how awesome she is, and develop as a character.
Old 2011-05-17, 17:20   Link #569
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Wow, quite a number of chapters unscanlated. Did the translation groups drop this or is it because of no good quality RAWs? Or general lack of time to spend on the ViVid project?
It's not dropped and the group doing it would really like it if people stopped asking that. They released chapter 20 not that long ago so they aren't that far behind.
Old 2011-05-17, 17:54   Link #570
Justin_Brett

Aki just likes complaining about things that aren't even real complaints.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 18:14   Link #571
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It's not dropped and the group doing it would really like it if people stopped asking that. They released chapter 20 not that long ago so they aren't that far behind.
Sorry, just checking.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 18:17   Link #572
Mirron

Can't wait to see the latest ones. And yeah, Aki complains too much. It's not that bad, but he hypes it up to extreme levels.
Old 2011-05-17, 19:33   Link #573
Justin_Brett

Well, both mangas have flaws, but all he does is pick at imaginary ones he thinks are important.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 08:54   Link #574
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

So I kinda had a "vision" of how Vivio's epic finale match will be like... Her opponent will be absurdly skilled and extremely fast. Vivio will have trouble keeping up with her opponent, and is getting pulped.

At the very last possible moment, as the knockout blow is approaching her face, her latent powers will activate and time around her will seem as though it slowed down, but it hasn't. What has happened instead is that she has temporarily tapped into her haxxor analysis mode, and is processing the environment around her at a ludicrous rate.

Vivio: "I can see her moves!"

She will then block the knockout blow, causing stunned amazement from everyone.

Vivio: "No."
Opponent: "What?"

The opponent will then try again, and get blocked again. And again, and again, each blow and block increasing in frequency.

Opponent: "Impossible!"

After the motions become a blur, Vivio will finally counterattack and slam a haymaker into her opponent. And yes, this is basically a shout-out to the Matrix scene.

Nove: "How?"
Einhart: "She's the One."
Vivio: "Woah."

Cheers.
Old 2011-05-18, 14:31   Link #575
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Nove: "How?"
Einhart: "She's the One."
Vivio: "Woah."

Cheers.
At that point Einhart breaks out singing to a piano intro as she sings "She's the One" by Robbie Williams... superimposed over slow-mo sequences of Einhart fighting

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 23:14   Link #576
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Chaper 20 uploaded at the usual for those who haven't read it.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 01:10   Link #577
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Chris is quite the determined device xD!

...and also nearly forgot about Lutecia, want to see her fighting. I wonder how a support mage can defend herself in a one-on-one battle.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-21, 11:14   Link #578
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Having just read Chapter 20, I have one question...

What's this "New Calendar Year 89" stuff? Shouldn't ViVid be taking place in 79?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 11:58   Link #579
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, it should. Looks like someone bungled up the numbers there.

On another note, looks like we might have a possible explanation why the Mid Childan culture is more lenient towards young children going into combat. This chapter explains that the current age is the best age to train magic potential, so if you decide to become an expert, the time to start practicing is very low.

Since this is a biological thing, from a cultural perspective it wouldn't be all that weird for it to be accepted as the norm.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 08:52   Link #580
Aaron008R

Something to post before I go to work...

Spoiler for No need to explain... :D:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid