AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 17:32   Link #52501
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not only that, she's the biggest threat to the entire world right now with her ability to create unmanned IS and also being able to perfect Chloe and also have Madoka by her side as well. The chips are stacked so high, no one but Chifuyu has an idea of what's going to happen - the raid on ISA is just a taste of what she's capable of.
Old 2014-04-23, 18:46   Link #52502
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Funny enough, because the events are contained in I.S.A., te world is MOSTLY in unease peace, because they only know secondhand info from their cadet/rep due to oath of secrecy.

Season 2 end... not so logical at all.
Old 2014-04-23, 20:51   Link #52503
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
There's such a thing called concept of "Deterrence" in military world

Having a weapon doesn't mean you have to use it on a whim

The only way to use it legally is to count on "That dude shoot first"

Best Korean sending their I.S. to attack Seoul means South Koreans now can legally retaliate them according to Alaska treaty and got Scott free.

When Alaska treaty is used in legal manner, that means shit had broke the roof because SOMEONE began to send their I.S. in a military operation.
Eh? Uh I knew that.

What I was planning was that since no one wanted to be the first one to send their IS thus breaking the treaty, cyborgs become more common instead.

In third world countries though everything's fair game. The numbers of IS present is still small due to the nations not wanting the world to know that they send their IS in as a practice run.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 21:19   Link #52504
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Just to make sure, since you're from SB as well I have no doubt

It's just that some of us talking about "HUR OPEN WARFARE FOR I.S." without realizing how grave that implication is.
Old 2014-04-23, 21:21   Link #52505
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Just to make sure, since you're from SB as well I have no doubt

It's just that some of us talking about "HUR OPEN WARFARE FOR I.S." without realizing how grave that implication is.
Eh, I was originally from the fanfiction.net forum first before going to others. SB was the last one I joined actually.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 22:13   Link #52506
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm making that a crucial plot point myself, where both Ichika had to wade through like, 30+ rental I.S. frame because a series of mishap and loophole abuse in the school rules...

(Just as planned by principal, since he want to ignite a revolution in I.S.A. culture)
Old 2014-04-24, 00:15   Link #52507
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What's the status of the world's nukes? Are they being phased out because of the IS?
Old 2014-04-24, 00:21   Link #52508
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No info, I believe some lost during WK incident but thousands remains inside storage.
Old 2014-04-24, 00:42   Link #52509
OHIMESAMA

Nukes are still a threat but reduced to just second-rate threat.
IS can easily intercept nukes.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 02:51   Link #52510
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

"...if you don't fight use seriously, what's the point?"

"Wouldn't it be sad fighting in a war you don't believe. Tatenashi-senpai?"

"....belief huh... I'm too tired to think about that. Ichika-san... let's just end this fight here and now, and decide who will be the victor"

"BUT-"

"Stop it, Ichika"

"This world is cruel and unjust" he said "Only those who posses strength can carry their ideals"

In the end, Sarashiki Tatenashi was not a strong girl at all. In the end, she can't fight against her own fate. Living a way she don't want to, pursuing a goal she never care for.

Tatenashi don't have a future worth to believe.

"I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT!"

"Ichika..."

"You can feel it don't you? Tell me Ichika, you saw it don't you? If it's Tatenashi-senpai, she will be strong enough to find it... and forge the future she wish."

"... of course I know, but that's why, Ichika" he tapped his sword, "It's not for us to decide"

"...not for us to decide"

He told her "If we're not going to fight for our belief, then what are us to tell her anything remotely close to pursuing ideals against the greater odds"

She clenched her hand, Icchan picked Yukihira off the ground and float again.
Old 2014-04-25, 03:28   Link #52511
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You have something but could be more interesting.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 03:50   Link #52512
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Tempest could work better with words

But essentially, Tatenashi had been raised with iron rules, her past and future had been predetermined without being able to do anything except to climb higher and higher, even if she have to hurt people around her and their friends. She is expected to hold the highest position and get a grip on everyone, but actually chained to that expectation herself, too scared to step down and think.

On the other hand, Chifuyu will allow Ichika to do anything without regards to what right and wrong. She no longer being overprotective in a way that hold Ichika from progressing as pilot, student, and a person, because Ichika had shown her the determination required to fight against the rules of nature.
Old 2014-04-25, 04:01   Link #52513
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...But Chifuyu is still overprotective? Since you say she stops. In a way
Old 2014-04-25, 04:10   Link #52514
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Perhaps

I'm going to take this example:
Remember in canon where Male!Ichika ask for ranged weapon? She immediately shot it and berate him for even asking and tell him to stick with Yukihira. And he just... back down.

Contrast where he did it again in mirrorverse, he asked, shot down, then he become persistent about it. Chifuyu proceed to smuggle a precinct worth of armament for his training demand and personally overview his activity, despite her personal dislike for guns.
Old 2014-04-25, 04:20   Link #52515
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...gun tsundere? O.o

O////O

Kinda like that?

I find it funny that everyone ha always been focused on Ichika's attacking options when the most basc thing is his problem. He's not that good at maneuvering.
Old 2014-04-25, 04:29   Link #52516
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
...gun tsundere? O.o

O////O

Kinda like that?

I find it funny that everyone ha always been focused on Ichika's attacking options when the most basc thing is his problem. He's not that good at maneuvering.
No, his greatest enemy always been his mindset

Which frankly also the fault of the environment he's raised at.

As for Maneuvering issues, it's been... ah, 'rectified' in Mirrorverse, with a dash of unfunny humor.
Old 2014-04-25, 04:33   Link #52517
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's funny how it says he's being taught how to maneuver properly in the LNs and yet we never seem to see it have an impact in his overall piloting ability. He knows the moves but he can barely pilot through an enclosed area or get within striking range.
Old 2014-04-25, 04:35   Link #52518
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"Ichika Orimura. Date of Birth: 20 September, 1985. Graduated from the Imperial Academy in 1999. Joined the Royal Guard in 2000... Nothing very special, isn't it?"

Ichika cringled with these words. No, not because of their meaning, but the man in front of him was simply too scary.

Major Makabe Seijyurou. Chief of the F-15J Modernizing Program. Chifuyu-nee's former student. Ace of IRG, "Crimson Sun"...

But more importantly, it's his mother - the late sister of the Emperor. And since his Holiness doesn't have a heir, the major's brother is next in the line of succession.

"Frankly, I would be surprised if Sensei's little brother didn't join the Royal Guard..." Suddenly, Makabe slammed his table. "But don't you think I'm going to be easy with you. I could see that Sensei has been spoiling you. We don't need someone to taint the name of Orimura, do you understand?"

"YES, SIR!"

"Good... Then let me welcome you to Hell."
I wonder if a F-15J Kai would be enough for Ichika.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 04:38   Link #52519
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

27 September bro

I think Shiranui fits him better than F-15 which is mainly ranged unit, unless you change his paradigm
Old 2014-04-25, 05:02   Link #52520
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Shiranui Second hasn't entered mass-production phase, while the two Phase 3 were piloted by Yuuya and Yui. So it's either a Kagerou Kai (=Strike Eagle+Active Eagle), or prototype F-2 Zero Viper or Shishin ATD-X.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest