AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 42.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-25, 07:27   Link #21
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I wonder if have energy left to see Kud-chan again after watching this episode?

Still, I wonder if this episode would the start of her arc... or maybe they want to introduce more?
Old 2012-11-25, 07:28   Link #22
Excorsism

The pants all the girls in the Little Busters are sporting is quite...
Old 2012-11-25, 07:44   Link #23
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the best one so far... because they involved the whole members in this episode... everyone got fair screentime...

Muscles-san is as funny as usual... "Rin got throwed" scene is funny...
and Little Busters! now have "little dog", Kud and "little cat", Rin
too bad that Rin, Kurugaya, or Mio can't be Kud's roommate... I almost thought Riki will volunteer for real to be her roommate

so far, I dislike Kanata... but at the end of this episode... hmm, I think she's not bad...

looking forward for next episode
I just knew that they're not really pacing the episode... J.C. Staff will introduce all the members first before deal with each character's arc
Old 2012-11-25, 08:37   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wafffuuu~
I really enjoyed this episode (for once). I like that they went with Kanata for Kud's roommate, it shows that she's not the heartless bitch queen of the west that she looked to be at first. Honestly even in the VN I always end up picking her (other choices are Haruka or Mio) because she just fits so well with Kud and the plot compared to the other two.

Animation was good, sounds was good as always and I actually liked Mio's new VA, she seems a lot more quiet than in the VN but that's fine, still fits her like a glove.

From the preview, it looks like we have an Original Little Busters centered episode next week.
Old 2012-11-25, 08:57   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wafu! Kud was as adorable as she was rumored to me. They hit the right moe note with her. She's neither too dumb (though apparently her dogs are smarter than her) nor annoying. Her voice is also good. Is she really of high school age? She looks and acts like a little kid so it's hard to believe.

I didn't expect Kanata of all people to become her roomate. That's interesting development which I hope won't be forgotten.

Best scene of the episode was Anego almost assaulting Kud. I didn't know she swung that way... although it's probably more of a case of Kud's cuteness transcending genders.
Old 2012-11-25, 08:58   Link #26
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Sorry about being a nazi, but it's Nishizono Mio and the one that patted Kud was Futaki Kanata and not Masato...he's not a girl
My bad. I got the names mixed up. Will correct it

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2012-11-25, 08:59   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, she did mention she joined the Little Busters because they were having fun, and there ARE cute bishoujos around
Although it isn't like she is in yuri whatsoever, she "just" has some extreme onee-sama tendencies.
Old 2012-11-25, 09:07   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Indeed, VN players can verify how straight Anego is xD
She's just the cuteness loving Onee-sama of the group. Notice that so far she hasn't hugged/suffocated Haruka or even mention her as one of the cute girls...mostly because Haruka isn't the cute and moe type like Komari, Rin and Kud.
Old 2012-11-25, 10:26   Link #29
ookamigirl

I watch this anime and I wonder what they're gonna do with 26 episodes.
Nothing much has been happening except fan service.
There's not much of a plot either, except for the part with some baseball and new member.
Little Busters are like a members collecting club..
At least this time they got a talented Kud baseball player.
Think I'm gonna drop this one. It's going nowhere.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-11-25, 10:30   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
I watch this anime and I wonder what they're gonna do with 26 episodes.
Nothing much has been happening except fan service.
There's not much of a plot either, except for the part with some baseball and new member.
Little Busters are like a members collecting club..
At least this time they got a talented Kud baseball player.
Think I'm gonna drop this one. It's going nowhere.
It's a KEY VN based anime...you should know by now that the story has a slow start...
Old 2012-11-25, 10:32   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't even an issue with Key: the vast majority of VN have a long ambiant common route that take a good care of having all characters fleshed out before having their respective route.
Recent other adaptations like Fortune Arterial hardly jumped on the main plot early.
Old 2012-11-25, 10:36   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't even an issue with Key: the vast majority of VN have a long ambiant common route that take a good care of having all characters fleshed out before having their respective route.
Recent other adaptations like Fortune Arterial hardly jumped on the main plot early.
True...and hell, this anime is already mixing common route with the girl's routes.
Old 2012-11-25, 12:35   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It's a KEY VN based anime...you should know by now that the story has a slow start...
I'm glad I stuck it out through the episodes where I thought there was nothing of interest here. The episodes seem to be getting better week by week now. Especially if you like moe, which Kud seems to be well equipped with.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-25, 12:42   Link #34
-Necromancer-
Otaku

I kind of like the characters but it;s progressing way to smoothly and slowly unless there going to do a one episode rampage or something they won't make a very good story for the 1st season.
Old 2012-11-25, 13:10   Link #35
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Oh, Kurugaya...so perfect~

Oh, Kud...so cute~

That's all I got out of it.
Old 2012-11-25, 14:39   Link #36
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I found this to be another pleasant and generally enjoyable episode of Little Busters! For relaxing "comfort food" anime, LB! does a pretty good job (at least so far).

That being said, I'm not fond of the substantial personality overlap I see with the female cast of this show.

Haruka, Komari, and Kud are all nice characters in and of themselves, but having all three of them as major heroines in the same cast is a bit much. They all have this childish, whimsical, playful, sociable feel to them. They all feel like variations off of Clannad's Fuko or Kanon's Ayu. You know, generally good-natured, fun-loving, friendship-wanting, and not terribly smart (except for the occasional moment of surprising cleverness/competence).

This cast desperately needs a female "straight-man", imo. Mio has a definite touch of Shiori to her, so I'm hoping Mio can provide this. If nothing else, Mio's refined speech, love of books, and mellow personality gives this female cast some much-welcomed diversity.
Old 2012-11-25, 15:14   Link #37
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

This cast desperately needs a female "straight-man", imo. Mio has a definite touch of Shiori to her, so I'm hoping Mio can provide this. If nothing else, Mio's refined speech, love of books, and mellow personality gives this female cast some much-welcomed diversity.
If you're looking for a straight-man then Mio is definitely it.
Old 2012-11-25, 15:44   Link #38
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Haruka, Komari, and Kud are all nice characters in and of themselves, but having all three of them as major heroines in the same cast is a bit much. They all have this childish, whimsical, playful, sociable feel to them. They all feel like variations off of Clannad's Fuko or Kanon's Ayu. You know, generally good-natured, fun-loving, friendship-wanting, and not terribly smart (except for the occasional moment of surprising cleverness/competence).
I wouldn't put Haruka with those other two. She's a joker who obviously enjoys messing with other people. And while most of the time it's inconsequential and played for laughs, she's a lot more self-centered and individualistic than Komari and Kud are.
Old 2012-11-25, 15:51   Link #39
Seihai
スマイリウム

This show finally becomes more organized. Mio was thankfully introduced (and I like her a lot) and everyone gets their screentime during Kud's desperate search for a new roommate which funnily happens to be Kanata. It's really nice to see a different side to Kanata. She was about the only character that didn't seem very likable to me and that thankfully changed.

Now what worries me is that next episode looks like will focus on Masato which isn't bad per se but this episode honestly doesn't feel complete to me, just like last episode where they threw hints at our heads but then moved on like nothing had happened. Will everything come together at the end? Hopefully, and hopefully not in a straight line like what happened to Komari's route.
Quote:
I'm not fond of the substantial personality overlap I see with the female cast of this show.
The problem I have with Haruka/Komari/Kud is not that they're all playful, childish and whimsical in a similar way but when one of them gets her screentime, it feels like the other two (especially Komari) don't even exist anymore. It doesn't help that they killed off Komari and now she's basically your occasional moe comedy fodder. I think the best solution would be if those three actually became a trio. They could all shine together even in darker times because it is too convenient if Riki was the one to solve everyone's problems always. And I don't even need to see moments of ultimate friendship but just normal stuff like what happened at the beginning of the episode when Masato and Kengo threw Rin up. Stuff like that nicely confirms the relationships imo.
Old 2012-11-25, 16:33   Link #40
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
This show finally becomes more organized. Mio was thankfully introduced (and I like her a lot) and everyone gets their screentime during Kud's desperate search for a new roommate which funnily happens to be Kanata. It's really nice to see a different side to Kanata. She was about the only character that didn't seem very likable to me and that thankfully changed.

Now what worries me is that next episode looks like will focus on Masato which isn't bad per se but this episode honestly doesn't feel complete to me, just like last episode where they threw hints at our heads but then moved on like nothing had happened. Will everything come together at the end? Hopefully, and hopefully not in a straight line like what happened to Komari's route.
Little Busters actually feels like a Slice of Life show to me. What I mean is that with the exception of Komari's arc, it feels like it's pretty random what happens on this show on a week-to-week basis. After last week's episode, I kind of thought Haruka focus would continue this week, but nope, now we switch to Kud.

It's kind of like Key meets Seinfeld. At that level, it surprisingly works pretty well. But I'm worried if future "high drama" arcs will suffer from this sense of there being no major overarching plot.

Quote:
The problem I have with Haruka/Komari/Kud is not that they're all playful, childish and whimsical in a similar way but when one of them gets her screentime, it feels like the other two (especially Komari) don't even exist anymore.
Which kind of proves my point. Even JC Staff recognizes the redundancy between these three characters, which is why when one takes center stage, the other two just blend in with the entourage.

Your idea of using the three as a trio is a great idea, though. Then their similarities become a strength rather than a reason to shunt at least two into the background. Maybe they could name themselves The Three Musketeers of Happy Spiral Prankster Engrish!

Or, for short, "TK's Angels", in tribute to this guy, since "Happy Spiral Prankster Engrish" strikes me as something he'd believe in.