AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's - Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-03-27, 08:15   Link #801
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Well honestly Nanoha vs Reinforce was pretty epic in my opinion...
I admit it was pretty decent.

But they cut out a potentially awesome moment (nanoha surrounded by Photon Lancer Genocide Shift) to go BACK to the Lotus Dream Eater...

And then we go back to the fight and the moment with Nanoha surrounded is gone and we don't know HOW she got out of it at all!

*Sigh* It really hurts the movie when you cut out potentially awesome moments for more pandering.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 09:58   Link #802
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I love removing one scene - Nanoha firing SLB despite a hand in her chest - somehow removes Nanoha's "awesome" and "denominator" status.

Let's totally disregard that she was hit into the ground hard enough to leave craters and was still capable of moving after that. Or that in the Reinforce fight she was flung through several solid rock pillars, not even counting any magical spells that hit her during all that. Or any of the massive abuse she suffered in general and just kept fighting anyway.

I mean, even after she got injured, she didn't even lay around in bed and recover - she went right back to training, even during school. Didn't even bother to rest.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:03   Link #803
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I love removing one scene - Nanoha firing SLB despite a hand in her chest - somehow removes Nanoha's "awesome" and "denominator" status.

Let's totally disregard that she was hit into the ground hard enough to leave craters and was still capable of moving after that. Or that in the Reinforce fight she was flung through several solid rock pillars, not even counting any magical spells that hit her during all that. Or any of the massive abuse she suffered in general and just kept fighting anyway.
I seem to recall her taking more shots in canon and still able to try and be defiant against Vita, being able to move despite the hand in her chest and firing a SLB while her magic is being drained away. I do seem to recall in the movie how she was hit down once, then hit again, then drained and that's it.

Oh, but I guess that doesn't matter, does it?

Nope, remove the awesome and put in fluff, that's what fans want!

Why would ANYONE watch this movie for awesome scenes, badass magical girls fighting and doing stuff when they can have nice, fluffy moments?

I mean, it's not like Nanoha is known as the most badass magical girl ever, nope, it's all for fluff and pandering to the moe-blob clone girl.

Old 2013-03-27, 10:07   Link #804
Cannonball
Explosive

What is this talk about Fate getting the majority of the screen time in this movie? She didn't. At all. Just actually watching the movie and paying attention to the scenes would say that much.

Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and the Knights had roughly equal screen time in this movie. Almost identical amounts of screen time. Go and time it if you don't believe me. Even if you don't time it, you'd be able to see that Nanoha and Fate are evenly matched minute for minute simply because they're together in 99% of the scenes they show up in. Which, you know, is par the course because that's how A's went as well.

You know who else got a lot of screen time in this movie? Lindsy. She had a shed load of screen time with nearly all the characters (Hayate excepted).

Don't like the movie, sure, but don't try and make it out to be something it isn't.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 10:11   Link #805
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I seem to recall her taking more shots in canon and still able to try and be defiant against Vita, being able to move despite the hand in her chest and firing a SLB while her magic is being drained away. I do seem to recall in the movie how she was hit down once, then hit again, then drained and that's it.

Oh, but I guess that doesn't matter, does it?

Nope, remove the awesome and put in fluff, that's what fans want!

Why would ANYONE watch this movie for awesome scenes, badass magical girls fighting and doing stuff when they can have nice, fluffy moments?

I mean, it's not like Nanoha is known as the most badass magical girl ever, nope, it's all for fluff and pandering to the moe-blob clone girl.
I almost feel like we're watching two different versions of the movie here or something, because honestly, when I was watching 2nd the fight scenes were just a lot more cool and well-done.

And you're about the only person out of dozens of people whose reaction to the movie wasn't to go "AWESOME" and praise the fight scenes being far, far better then the series.

Heck, about the only thing I hear people say about the movie is Graham being written out is kind of a downer, but the movie still flowed perfectly fine without him being in it, which is pretty damn impressive. (Though it has a minor issue in why Reinforce wants to kill Nanoha and Fate there, but well.)
Old 2013-03-27, 10:14   Link #806
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
I almost feel like we're watching two different versions of the movie here or something, because honestly, when I was watching 2nd the fight scenes were just a lot more cool and well-done.

And you're about the only person out of dozens of people whose reaction to the movie wasn't to go "AWESOME" and praise the fight scenes being far, far better then the series.
The fight scenes were bland as hell!

It was HEAVILY rushed to get through them! Anytime someone was about to do something interesting most of the fight scenes, they cut out to elsewhere instantly with ZERO closure!

Just because they were shinier and prettier does NOT make them better!

Pretty effects and visuals do NOT a good movie make.

There was NOTHING interesting in those fights!

By the time we got to Reinforce vs Nanoha, well, fuck, by this point there's nothing good about the action sequences. And when they FINALLY start to show something good they cut away to Fate!

Old 2013-03-27, 10:24   Link #807
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
What is this talk about Fate getting the majority of the screen time in this movie? She didn't. At all. Just actually watching the movie and paying attention to the scenes would say that much.

Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and the Knights had roughly equal screen time in this movie. Almost identical amounts of screen time. Go and time it if you don't believe me. Even if you don't time it, you'd be able to see that Nanoha and Fate are evenly matched minute for minute simply because they're together in 99% of the scenes they show up in. Which, you know, is par the course because that's how A's went as well.
Yeah, that's definitely the impression the movie left me with as well. Which is why all of this complaining over Fate focus and the Lotus Dream scene seems kinda weird to me.

I mean, from how some people are talking, you'd swear that Fate was on-screen 75% or more of the time, and dominated most of the scenes she was in. But no, she just got very standard "major character in an animated movie" treatment. No more, no less. This is why I, as a Fate fan, actually feel a bit threatened by all this complaining over what scenes she did get. It's like some people don't want her to get any focus at all.

I can understand people being disappointed in Yuuno, Arisa, and Suzuka's lack of screen-time, but it's no more Fate's fault than it is the fault of any other major character in this movie.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:29   Link #808
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is why I, as a Fate fan, actually feel a bit threatened by all this complaining over what scenes she did get. It's like some people don't want her to get any focus at all.
And how do you think fans who aren't Fate or NanoFate fans should feel about the fact that Fate, comparatively speaking, got more screen time in the movie than she did in canon at the expense of both other characters and awesome moments?

Old 2013-03-27, 10:33   Link #809
krisslanza

Quote:
And how do you think fans who aren't Fate or NanoFate fans should feel about the fact that Fate, comparatively speaking, got more screen time in the movie than she did in canon at the expense of both other characters and awesome moments?
The only character who got more screentime, at other character's expense, was Lindy of all people.

Yuuno and Chrono's missing time? Went to her instead. I don't see you lashing out at her. Fate's screentime is about equal here, as to Nanoha's - because those two are in almost all scenes at the same time. If you get Nanoha time, you get Fate time. That's how the movie works, and how the series works.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:36   Link #810
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
The only character who got more screentime, at other character's expense, was Lindy of all people.

Yuuno and Chrono's missing time? Went to her instead. I don't see you lashing out at her. Fate's screentime is about equal here, as to Nanoha's - because those two are in almost all scenes at the same time. If you get Nanoha time, you get Fate time. That's how the movie works, and how the series works.
Hmm... Equal to Nanoha's huh?

I seem to recall a 2 minute interlude where Fate was talking to Lindy about being in the family and not flinching when Lindy touched her.

And, BTW, that's NOT how the series worked, at all.

I REALLY suggest you go back and re-watch Season 1, A's and StrikerS.

Besides, the ONLY scene Lindy really had to herself was facing down the Wolkenritter. Every other scene was either dedicated towards Fate (or Arf) or dealing with Chrono.

Old 2013-03-27, 10:39   Link #811
Cannonball
Explosive

Quote:
Hmm... Equal to Nanoha's huh?

I seem to recall a 2 minute interlude where Fate was talking to Lindy about being in the family and not flinching when Lindy touched her.

And, BTW, that's NOT how the series worked, at all.

I REALLY suggest you go back and re-watch Season 1, A's and StrikerS.
Yes, equal. Fate talked with Lindy. Nanoha got a scene at the beginning where she was on her own. Fate got her Lotus Eater. Nanoha got her fight scene with reinforce. Equal screen time. There is literally no difference between them at all.

It sounds like you really need to go watch the movie again - and this time without blocking out all the bits that don't agree with you.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:44   Link #812
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Rewatch the movie?

How about no?

I'm annoyed enough by it. Rewatching it will just make me even more annoyed.

Old 2013-03-27, 10:47   Link #813
Cannonball
Explosive

Then you're just going to have to admit you're wrong and that you're blowing Fate's supposed monopoly of the screen time way out of proportion. This is a factually objective statement to anyone who bothers to check.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:48   Link #814
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Okay fine, maybe I am.

Movie still sucks though.

Old 2013-03-27, 10:52   Link #815
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

i have to agree with Nanya here, the movie 2nd is a massive c***tease when ut comes to fights. Save for the last part of the movie, the fights were incredibly bland, their only saving grace was the enhaced quality but aside of that the ones in the anime series make much more sense, are more complete and feel more rewarding for both the Aces and the Wolkenritter. None of the Signum vs. Fate moments in the movie were near as intense and flowing as their fights in the anime despite the pretty visuals.

As i've said the fight against Reinforce was needlessly strectched along with Fate's lotus eater, that time could've used to improve and make better set up and execution of the other fights in the movie. Tsuzuki wanted his epic NanoFate vs. Reinforce fight so badly that the rest of the movie had to suffer badly for it.

I doubt the Wolkenritter had equal screentime with Nanoha and Fate, but eve if that was true they didn't got to do anything meninful during said time. Pretty sad considerin it's their and Hayate's movie, not Fate's.

Also, am i the only one who was jarred at the whole "angrish and screaming vengeful Reinforce" during the last part of the movie? As cool as that fight was i still find the one in the series more impressive, Reinforce's calm and stoic behavior while stomping the aces while essentially saying "i don't care who you are or what power you posses, you're screwed the same" gave an immensely more powerful impression, Reinforce semmed more like a force of nature rather than an enemy, making the tears comin fron her cold face much more meaningfull. In the movie ...not so much, i wasn't as thrilled and convinced eith that crying woman despite the cool sinister device. Also Reinforce's SLB for the WIN! i prefer that over giant Drill any day of the week.

This movie is filled of moments with characters about to make something awesome but being contantly put away from screem the moment they're about to succeed. If anything, this movie makes me to remind how damn good the series is in comparission with what i'm seeing here. After i watched the movie i was left with great motivation to see A's tv again amd relive how truly awesome those fights and moments were in the original canon.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 10:54   Link #816
Ruby Princess

Quote:
Okay fine, maybe I am.

Movie still sucks though.
I think someone's grumpy and just needs a nap.
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:09   Link #817
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Also, am i the only one who was jarred at the whole "angrish and screaming vengeful Reinforce" during the last part of the movie?
"Mama REINFORCE IS PISSED!"

Old 2013-03-27, 12:21   Link #818
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

LoL. ..apparently i am indeed xD

but well, i'm intending to find time and rewatch the movie. I'll try to find what people here say it was "good and equally shared developement" xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 12:35   Link #819
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No, you're not. I prefer anime Reinforce as well. There's just so much more hopelessness in there as she fights not because of her own emotions, but because she knows its pointless to resist it. It's just pure resignation radiating of her.

But movie Reinforce wasn't necessarily bad, just different in a way I didn't really like, so I refrained from commenting on it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 12:40   Link #820
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
She's prettier looking but somehow... the way she cried doesn't look as good....