AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-06-24, 13:36   Link #81
pookwang

just ignore them..
don't mind them, all we need is to respect their opinions.
we can't do anything about them.
we just all enjoy anime fever!!!

TopSelfDefense.com coupon code

Last edited by pookwang; 2010-07-09 at 07:07.
pookwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 01:15   Link #82
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KongZilla View Post
The title says it all. How do you deal with anime haters? I have seen a lot of anime haters on the internet on websites such as YouTube, and they really like to annoy us fans by saying anime sucks and that the people who like watching it are losers who don't go out of their houses much. Some even went as far as stereotyping all anime fans as "weeaboos" which isn't entirely true. Sure, all this can be annoying but I normally ignore them since its their opinion if they hate anime. But then again, dissing anime fans is TROLLING, which is another thing. So, anyone else here has crossed paths with these haters?
Seriously, don't believe anything you read in Youtube comments. People will say anything when they can hide behind Anonymous. Why believe the trolls? Like what you like.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 10:22   Link #83
Amylian

Send a message via MSN to Amylian Send a message via Yahoo to Amylian
I always tend to say "Don't take Facebook seriously", but now "Don't take the internet seriously."

Besides, let them push the buttom whenever they call, just pretend they're not there... In fact, pretending can cause serious problems at times leading to fights...lol
Amylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:56   Link #84
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Doesn't bother me.
I actually tend to convert people into anime. I showed 3 of my friends anime, 2 watch it and 1 will watch it if i show him stuff ^^.

One thing that really annoys me though is that one of my (good) friendsopinion on anime is "crap", "shit" and "eugh" I asked him why and he said "because it's made by them chinks, I hate japs." One of the most rascist statements I ever did hear -.-'
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 16:17   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
Doesn't bother me.
I actually tend to convert people into anime. I showed 3 of my friends anime, 2 watch it and 1 will watch it if i show him stuff ^^.

One thing that really annoys me though is that one of my (good) friendsopinion on anime is "crap", "shit" and "eugh" I asked him why and he said "because it's made by them chinks, I hate japs." One of the most rascist statements I ever did hear -.-'
Isn't it hilarious how racists often can't even get their slurs right? And why is this person a "good" friend? I barely even speak to members of my family who think like that much less unrelated people.
Old 2010-06-26, 02:38   Link #86
rUafraid

You draw understanding from their hatred of anime due to the fucking horrendous community that spawns from it. 9 out of 10 times I want to massacre someone who enjoys anime because they act like a generic, cookie-cutter, tool. The only reason why I occasionally visit certain anime forums is to rage, instigate, and post high res pictures of men's crotches in G-Strings.

But I digress.

Basically, just because you like something doesn't give you the right to act like a hyper, conforming to the anime cult, yet non-conforming to people irl, autistic.

Fuck.

Although I tend to convert people to anime by recommending them very worthwhile/gateway series that can get them into it and possibly turn them away from false assumptions. The worst part of it all is that I'm a completely sane human being, and I've seen more anime, 225+, and have more JPOP, 20+GB, than all of these so-called anime fans anyway. But whatever.
rUafraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 20:33   Link #87
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Isn't it hilarious how racists often can't even get their slurs right? And why is this person a "good" friend? I barely even speak to members of my family who think like that much less unrelated people.
well... he's a good friend because i've known him since I was 6.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 06:54   Link #88
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
I havent personaly met such a person , telling me those bad things. But on youtube you can reply with "why are you watching these vid if u hate it so much" after that just ignore.
Old 2010-06-27, 11:49   Link #89
Chrisjon
In 7/4 tyme

Well it depends on how a person hates it. If it is someone who is just hating anime to piss others of it best just to ignore them. However if it is someone who hates anime and has their reasons for them I can normally still have intelligent conversation and tell them why I like it even if they still don't like it after I tell them my side of the story that is fine.
Old 2010-06-27, 16:23   Link #90
bite_the_bullet
Biting bullets hurts Xo

Wouldn't having problem with anime/manga haters depend on your openess about you watching/reding it? The fact is the internet is filled with idiots who post stupid coments, videos about there hatred so there easy to ignore. If your encountering them face to face it probably is a totally different ball game altogether because you can't ignore someone in front of you. Usually a few jabs in there gut and a broken nose cures stupidness but if you prefer to be the pacifist keep it as a tell your nearest and dearest friends only.
bite_the_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 04:05   Link #91
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
An African American makes fun of the "pedophile cartoon" you spent hours drawing and compares them as crap next to steroid-filled grotesques like wolverine and batman, call him the N word and make jokes about the slave trade and African American unemployment. (Thankfully, NO African American has EVER done anything mean enough to deserve this; just an example. Adjust as necessary.).
As tempting as it would be to go for a low blow against someone who dared to bring the p-word into it, I do have an image to maintain and there's a much easier solution here: point out that he still reads superhero comics.

This is more or less the approach I plan to take in the future if I catch any flack from the "robots and testosterone" crowd for being a moe fanboy.

(Of course, the best troll I've seen for moe haters is actually from Japan itself: Macross Frontier. Watch them get hooked on the spectacular mecha fights and Macross homages at the beginning. Then watch their manly tears as they get hit by a full on broadside of moe later in the series. Seriously, I once had the pleasure of getting to witness a guy who had made a number of less than nice comments about moe fans watch the episode about Ranka and her older brother... I basically sat a few rows behind him and tried not to laugh at his futile rage.)

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 04:15   Link #92
Vantek
Asleep Being

Quote:
He slaps what you love in the face, you have every right to slap him where it hurts deeply right back.
It hurts you deeply when people say bad things about anime? I think that's unhealthy...
Vantek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 04:35   Link #93
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
It hurts you deeply when people say bad things about anime? I think that's unhealthy...
No, anime and manga is just one of the facets. ANY insult to Asian-culture angers me. And anime/manga hits an intensely personal level as I am a manga artist who devotes his life to the production of such mediums.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 16:39   Link #94
Vantek
Asleep Being

Awww. I suggest you say that you're a manga artist first, and only if that doesn't make them feel embarrassed, return the insult. Lower blood pressure for all parties involved.
Vantek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:18   Link #95
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Alluding anime/manga hatred to the subjugation of a human race? What a disgusting analogy.
Old 2010-07-03, 01:50   Link #96
LMF

As a closet fan, I used to "dislike" the anime phenamena, though I'm a fan. But I haven't met a person who hates anime with average-level hatred. Though, I met people dislikes it since they're not interested.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:41   Link #97
Soviet

I ignore haters on the internet because...they are haters on the internet.

In real life? I beat the shit out of them and force-feed them K-on episodes while shouting "YOU MADE ME DO THIS!"

Works like a charm.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 16:46   Link #98
Toleen
~moon princess~

i don't give them much attention
Toleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:47   Link #99
bite_the_bullet
Biting bullets hurts Xo

Quote:
In real life? I beat the shit out of them and force-feed them K-on episodes while shouting "YOU MADE ME DO THIS!"
i prefer to go DeathNote on their ass and pull a black book out and start grinning like a cheshire cat murmering"How should you die, how should you die"
(Expect raised eyebrows and averted eyes when you do this, and a rent free room with padded walls)
bite_the_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 22:03   Link #100
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

I will give a call to the Hellsing Agency and tell them that anime haters are actually vampires.