Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-03, 02:42   Link #61
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Thank you, you've got good eyes! I couldn't quite identify that one due to the poor image quality of the clip. The other I can't identify is the figure between the Amoeba Boys and Fuzzy Lumpkins. Any help?
He's a member of Gangrene. To be exact he's Snake. Ace is the one wearing shades. The short one is Arturo. The one with his tounge out is Grubber. Big Billy is the heavy one. Gangrene has five members. So perhaps you miscounted or thought there were only four members.
Old 2006-07-04, 07:27   Link #62
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Guys, we'll be releasing soon, hopefully. Also, there's some debate on the ending karaoke, which I will want your guys opinion on if we should change it. (Some people can read it fine, some can't. I just want a general opinion on it for the first episode if we should keep it or not.)
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 15:49   Link #63
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Watched this one raw. Got most of the dialogue... I'm not sure if I like the new Powerpuff girls quite yet. I like the designs, but the background music is terrible. And somehow they've turned into a mahou shoujo group... Still, it could be good; I'll wait and see on this one.

As always, full impressions here!

EDIT: Also, Kaneda Tomoko in this anime would normally force me to watch it. But the dog only had like, 2 lines...
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 21:22   Link #64
Namusranger
I got many hidden talents

Send a message via AIM to Namusranger Send a message via MSN to Namusranger Send a message via Yahoo to Namusranger
I saw it raw.. This gotta be an parody of the original.. Heck, The original pilots had more action than this episode. maybe it might change later on, but so far.. I don't like the show. They screwed up the characthersz
Namusranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 00:03   Link #65
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namusranger
I saw it raw.. This gotta be an parody of the original.. Heck, The original pilots had more action than this episode. maybe it might change later on, but so far.. I don't like the show. They screwed up the characthersz
It's evident the girls can't fight well. So the action probably will pick up later after the girls learn to fight better.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 02:54   Link #66
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Ep01 out by Doremi and FightingMagic.

ENJOY!
Old 2006-07-05, 03:32   Link #67
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
It's evident the girls can't fight well. So the action probably will pick up later after the girls learn to fight better.
I won't lie... The girls suck ass right now...

Momoko sucks at the yo-yo...
Miyako sucks at the wand...
Kaoru sucks at the hammer....
Old 2006-07-05, 09:27   Link #68
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
I won't lie... The girls suck ass right now...

Momoko sucks at the yo-yo...
Miyako sucks at the wand...
Kaoru sucks at the hammer....
Methinks it's because they're just getting started
Spoiler:
I guess everyone's frustrations came about due to the fact that the trailer showed much more impressive fighting. I'd give it wait. Besides I like this much better than the original PPG (which rubbed off on me just shortly after I first started seeing it).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 10:53   Link #69
Cherry Sun
</3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
Guys, we'll be releasing soon, hopefully. Also, there's some debate on the ending karaoke, which I will want your guys opinion on if we should change it. (Some people can read it fine, some can't. I just want a general opinion on it for the first episode if we should keep it or not.)
Great job guys! I could read the ending karaoke just fine, but the 'raspberry' line was oddly colored and I could barely make out the letters. That's all I'd note for the for it, though.
Cherry Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 11:38   Link #70
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

There is one word to describe what I thought of the first ep: lame!

This was the best they could come up with? It's just Pretty Cure with weapons instead of fists, and Mojo? Would someone just please shoot him and put him out of our misery! This incarnation doesn't hold a match to the original (and did I mention: LAME?)

I'll give this show some more episodes to see where they think they are headed with this...

Is it just me, or is the original PPG more ADULT than this version?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 11:50   Link #71
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I just saw the first episode and thought it really sucks. Obviously, the action is not that good. I mean compared to the original you would expect PPGz to be cooler with weapon but its actually a lot worst. The jokes are not funny at all, even at a elementary level. The characters are wack, especially Mojojo. He is supose to be a evil genius not a idiot. For example, kidnapping kids to steal candy to grow big like Godzilla. PPG in Japan seems pretty lame.

Sailorpuff Z for the win. It takes PPGz like 5 minuetes to freaking powerup. Mojojo shoots a fake kamehameha. WTF everyone is flying and sh**.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 13:07   Link #72
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I certainly liked the original better. I mean, was that supposed to be funny? The original PPG was so ridiculous at times that it was funny. It's too anime-ish and loses much of the original's appeal. Plus, I think it's almost trying to be serious, which of course fails.

My biggest gripe is Mojo, though. His design has nothing of the ridiculous American Mojo design (which was funny). And I don't know if it's the new personality or the VA doing a poor job, but it's nothing like the old Mojo.

Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed with the first episode. Well, some people will like it. If I hadn't seen the original PPG, I'd say it's just another mahou shoujo/comedy light series, nothing special but could be cute if I ever get used to it. But let's face it, compared to the original PPG, it kinda sucks.
Old 2006-07-05, 14:18   Link #73
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
But let's face it, compared to the original PPG, it kinda sucks.
At the moment there is no such thng as "kinda", it does suck.

Now the big question is how much of the suckage is going remain as they get more episodes under their belts? (or is it going to suck even more?)
Old 2006-07-05, 14:20   Link #74
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Well I'll have to giving it a few episodes to get stated and rolling before I can say with out a dout it sucks. I know its not the over the top american powerpuff girls that was greared for americans that we all remember. However still give it a chance to not suck. Meaning you have to get past the fact that its jut not american.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 14:21   Link #75
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I can't comprehend it sucking even more without being too bad to watch The level is just bearable if I look at it as another cute average anime, no big deal but not total crap. But if I don't see a decent joke in there, I'm dropping it Oh yeah... The mayor also sucks. The original mayor was funny as hell, a total idiot This mayor just is, no comical value at all.

Nah, I'm over the fact that it's not american, that wasn't my problem. My problem is that the original exists, therefore ep 1 sucks

Last edited by npal; 2006-07-05 at 14:46.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 14:26   Link #76
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Can someone tell me why Mojo jo jo is flying?
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 14:29   Link #77
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

He has a BIGGER cape
Old 2006-07-05, 14:44   Link #78
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa
Well I'll have to giving it a few episodes to get stated and rolling before I can say with out a dout it sucks. I know its not the over the top american powerpuff girls that was greared for americans that we all remember. However still give it a chance to not suck. Meaning you have to get past the fact that its jut not american.
Of course I know its not American... but it still sucks. I don't care what country its from, if it looks like a fish, moves like a fish, but steers like a cow then it must be a traffic accident waiting to happen (in other words: it just plain sucks! ).
Old 2006-07-05, 15:33   Link #79
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
Of course I know its not American... but it still sucks. I don't care what country its from, if it looks like a fish, moves like a fish, but steers like a cow then it must be a traffic accident waiting to happen (in other words: it just plain sucks! ).
I wan't to keep saying just give it a chane. However the main issuse is that we all like the original and hold it to that standard. That its supposed to be funny over the top and made for an american kids audience. It probably still is over the top and funny but geared toward Japanies kids. For those who like Mai Otome, Nanoha, SailorMoon, and Card Captor Sakura will more than likly love it. Its just one of those things that as americans are not going to like no matter how hard we try. (Unless you plan on lowering your tast down a couple of hundred times. ) I still want to see ButterCup beat the hell out of something. I probably sound like an optimist, but its not that bad.

or if they did something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83_jfqYgQ0

Last edited by Reppa; 2006-07-05 at 15:48.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 15:51   Link #80
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh... You can't actually compare CCS and Nanoha to THAT... Even without the original, it can't come close to those. Ok, I don't really know about Nanoha, but I consider slander for CCS to be compared to THIS

The only thing that I can compare to Mai Otome and Nanoha is the transformation sequence, and MO and Nanoha's are artistically more pleasing. Powerpuff Z's sequence makes me think the animators were high on something. Other than that, Mai Otome and Nanoha are on a whole different level. I don't expect Powerpuff to get dramatic, and it shouldn't, but they could at least stick close to the original characters. Mojo's not funny anymore, Mayor's certainly not funny anymore, ok Bellum is Bellum, and Utonium is not very far from the original, but I can't comprehend what in this show is going to make me go "WTF that was actually good".

Well, I'll watch one or two more episodes, but I don't intend to follow it if it doesn't pick up. There's one more series in my lifetime that I've dropped, and that's High School Girls, due to perceived crude fanservice, dropped right from episode one.