AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 13:32   Link #1
Nafi

Looking for Romance/Harem Manga with certain characteristics

Hey, I'm new to this forum/community and this is my first post (ever in any forum).
I searched through numerous threads but couldn't find certain details I want, so please help me.

I'm looking for a Manga with:

Romance AND Harem (at least 2-3 girls that stay throughout the series)
Comedy ( I know almost all romance harems have it)
School life

I want the protagonist to be like Manaka (from Ichigo 100%) or Ichitaka (from I"S).
They should be surrounded by multiple girls.

This is a MUST HAVE- The guy can't decide which girl he truly loves til the end.

I really want a completed manga that is long ( 80+ chapters, preferring over 100 though).

And please don't recommend mangas from the same mangakas as Ichigo 100% and I"s. Also, I read Love Hina, Suzuka, Ai Kora, kimi no iru machi.

I know I'm asking for too much, but please, anything with those characteristics will do. Thank you for reading this (I feel a bit too picky).
Nafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:15   Link #2
Divini
Senpai!

I'm guessing you're looking for the dense harem protagonist.

Since I'm sure you've read the popular ones, I'll try to throw the lesser-known ones out there.

Mx0 - Takes place in a magic academy, action-oriented
Yomeiro Choice - Crazy premise involving time-travel. Very ecchi.
Ayu Mayu - MC tries to find his long-lost little sister... and finds multiple candidates.
Yubisaki Milk Tea - Quite mature and dramatic. Lots of smut.
IO - Good over-arching mystery plot.
Angel Densetsu - MC has the face of a devil but is actually the nicest guy ever. Hilarious as hell.
DearS - Aliens which are all 'perfect' girls arrive to co-exist with humans.
Kashmimashi - Girl Meets Girl - THE manga with the theme of "Can't decide which girl he truly loves til the end"

And for ones that are still ongoing (but are long):

Nagasarete Airantou
Umi no Misaki
KissxSis
D.N. Angel
GE - Good Ending
Maken-Ki
To Love-Ru
Mayo Chiki
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 19:12   Link #3
Nafi

I'm currently still reading Mx0, currently on chapter 81. Angel Densetsu seems good since it has the type of misleading appearance and Kashmimashi -Girl meets Girl seems very interesting since it actually has one of the major characteristics. I will read all of them and keep the others on my waiting list, especially To Love-Ru, D.N. Angel, and DE- Good Ending.

You helped me a lot since I was on the verge of running out of "enjoyable" romance manga. Also, I'm curious, are there any manga with characters like Satsuki (Ichigo 100%) or Izumi ( I"s)? Like the aggressive type, the manga doesn't have to be a harem, and I prefer if there are any like them that the guy isn't aggressive or possibly shy.

If not, thanks anyways. You helped a bunch.
Old 2012-10-01, 19:57   Link #4
Divini
Senpai!

They actually all have the characteristic of "Guy can't decide on which girl until the end". I did carefully pick the ones that had that attribute. (Since there's a lot of stories where there is a harem but the MC's true love is really obvious). Kashimashi is just the one where that characteristic is the most important plot point of the story.

Also, in anime/manga harems, you're almost guaranteed to have an 'aggressive, headstrong type' of girl. Even when there's only a love triangle, one is the girly girl and the other is the tomboy. That's just the way these kind of stories work out.
Old 2012-10-02, 15:24   Link #5
Nafi

Oh, thank you even more since all of them have that characteristic.

But are there any manga/anime that is not harem/love triangle that has an aggressive "girly" type with a not so aggressive guy?
Old 2012-10-02, 19:41   Link #6
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
But are there any manga/anime that is not harem/love triangle that has an aggressive "girly" type with a not so aggressive guy?
Onidere
Toradora
Yandere Kanojo
Mirai Nikki

First three are slice-of-life. Fourth is a psychological thriller, but oh boy that fits your example well.
Old 2012-10-02, 19:51   Link #7
Nafi

I know of Toradora, since it is one of the famous Tsundere animes. I also know of Mirai Nikki but I'm still trying to figure out if I should watch the anime first or read the manga. Also, Onidere is a perfect example since the heroine seems like a strong person according to the description. I'll put Yandere Kanojo on my waiting list since I'm pretty impatient on waiting for a new chapter to come out.
Old 2012-10-05, 10:28   Link #8
OtakuDesu
EffinGOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
Oh, thank you even more since all of them have that characteristic.

I think Domina do fits your description
OtakuDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:19   Link #9
Nafi

I searched up the manga, and it says it's mature. I want to know how mature it gets, since I dislike when it's actually on the verge of hentai.

Tags
harem, ichigo 100%, romance, school life