AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-04, 05:01   Link #441
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm guessing Luffy couldn't learn detection, since if he couldn't see the fat guy but still knock him over.
Old 2010-10-04, 06:45   Link #442
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Actually the thing that snaps is the spine. So far the description has been contact effective. We haven't actually seen any logia getting hit on the arm and thereby getting the arm dislocated due to the large force; which is analogous to clutch snapping the spine by leveraging the neck backwards.

In fact it appears that Haki only causes damage but the method of contact doesn't accurately depict the damage received. Otherwise some of the logia admirals would have been shattered or lost some limbs.

But if haki is able to extend beyond the body's boundaries and can be shaped, then we could end up with a haki ball that can capture logias
The purpose and effect of Haki is not just to do damage, it is the measure of a person's will to get something done.

To land a hit on an intangible opponent, to block a normally overwhelming attack, to see something that you can't see with just your eyes, to hear something that can't be heard.

This will definitely work with breaking bones, if you have the will, the Haki, to accomplish it.

We haven't seen anyone with broken bones and such because Oda doesn't really apply such detail to injuries. Injuries are only measured by how much blood is lost and how weak the characters become. Robin is the only character in the whole story to actively break bones, so we can't judge what she can't do with what others can't.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-10-04, 07:28   Link #443
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The purpose and effect of Haki is not just to do damage, it is the measure of a person's will to get something done.

To land a hit on an intangible opponent, to block a normally overwhelming attack, to see something that you can't see with just your eyes, to hear something that can't be heard.

This will definitely work with breaking bones, if you have the will, the Haki, to accomplish it.

We haven't seen anyone with broken bones and such because Oda doesn't really apply such detail to injuries. Injuries are only measured by how much blood is lost and how weak the characters become. Robin is the only character in the whole story to actively break bones, so we can't judge what she can't do with what others can't.
Not sure if you were the one that went around proclaiming the truth of your intepretation of haki previously. There wasn't much point arguing about your explanation previously previously as it wasn't explained and any theory is as valid. But now that Haki has been explained, what you just said is b.s.

A certain type of Haki hits an intangible opponent because it is a property of manifested haki, not just because of your will/ haki to hit the opponent.

Taking your definition, I'll like to see some one having the will/ haki to impregnate a man and manage to do so just by hitting him.
Old 2010-10-04, 11:17   Link #444
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

C.A.'s description of Haki is exactly what Haki is: willpower. Armor Haki is the will to hit someone, and it doesn't work if the attacker's will is weaker than their opponents. Vista should have killed Akainu with his sword, but Akainu was just inconvenienced by it. Whitebeard, by comparison, beat the crap out of Akainu with righteous fury.
Old 2010-10-04, 11:37   Link #445
Rainbowman

Quote:
Taking your definition, I'll like to see some one having the will/ haki to impregnate a man and manage to do so just by hitting him.
Ugh. Pregnant men is a thought I can't stand. I'll take pregnant women any day.
Old 2010-10-04, 12:31   Link #446
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
C.A.'s description of Haki is exactly what Haki is
Not really.

Quote:
Vista should have killed Akainu with his sword, but Akainu was just inconvenienced by it.
Vista just wasn't strong enough.

Being hit someone doesnt equate to killing him, one must remember that.

Even if Akainu wasn't logia, Vista still wouldn't be able to beat him.
Nothing to do with haki or logia..just a simple question of strength.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-10-04 at 20:19.
Old 2010-10-04, 12:46   Link #447
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post

No, vista's haki wasn't strong enough...
If Akainu was not a logia that cut to his neck would have been a grevious injury; Vista cut deep into it. And if Vista struck with enough haki it would have been enough to negate the logia fruit to the point where Akainu would be cut and bleed from the injury

From what we can gather from haki is that when two haki users fight, their power's clash... if the attacker's haki is strong enough they can negate or lessen the effects of devil fruits; However if the defender's haki is strong enough then they can maintain their devil fruit powers and not be negated... this is why Vista's attack didn't have a whole lot of effect on akainu, because akainu has much better haki... this is likely also how the 3 admirals stopped Whitebeard's quake attack on the platform; by combining their haki together.
Old 2010-10-04, 12:54   Link #448
marvelB

Early spoiler, so new thread.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:11   Link #449
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:

If Vista's Haki had worked, Akainu wouldn't have a head. It didn't, and Akainu repaired himself.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-04 at 23:57. Reason: Removed quoted troll line and response.
Old 2010-10-05, 00:55   Link #450
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
If Vista's Haki had worked, Akainu wouldn't have a head. It didn't, and Akainu repaired himself.
Nope, its like Ace trying to kill WB..was it due to haki?

No he just wasn't strong enough.

Like if a kid was to come up to you and stab you with a pencil. Will it kill you?

Nope.
Old 2010-10-05, 02:20   Link #451
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Ugh. Pregnant men is a thought I can't stand. I'll take pregnant women any day.
actually on reflection, maybe it isn't that absurd or impossible in one piece. We already have Iva who can turn a man into a woman, why not artificial insemination after that.......

Anyway I think I should apologise to C.A. my reply was rather abrupt. I still maintain that his definition is not in line with what has been explained by the author, but I didn't need to put it so brusquely.
Old 2010-10-05, 10:03   Link #452
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Nope, its like Ace trying to kill WB..was it due to haki?

No he just wasn't strong enough.

Like if a kid was to come up to you and stab you with a pencil. Will it kill you?

Nope.
That analogy makes no sense. Ace got his ass kicked over and over against Whitebeard without even landing a blow. It has nothing to do with this situation. Vista made a slash clean through Akainu's neck, but didn't cut his head clean off because his Haki wasn't strong enough. Whitebeard beat the crap out of Akainu because his was. It's gt nothing to do with physical power. Haki is willpower, and Whitebeard's is stronger than most.
Old 2010-10-05, 10:33   Link #453
Rainbowman

Quote:
actually on reflection, maybe it isn't that absurd or impossible in one piece. We already have Iva who can turn a man into a woman, why not artificial insemination after that.......
I'm not saying it's impossible. I just don't find pregnant men as an attraction. < "BLEAGH" Again I say I'll take pregnant women any day. Though you're right about the idea of artificial insemination.
Old 2010-10-05, 11:47   Link #454
kahe95

Talking Omg!

when I first saw that the chapter was updated, i think i fainted a little, and then when i saw the badass scar on luffys chest i screamed like al ittle girl, then when i came to the full page i thnik i peed a little...it was AWSOME!!!

Luffy: havent changed that much, exept the scar, he still have his little babyface<3

Sanji: what is going on with the eyebrow, but then i saw it was the left eye ^^' and the facial hair! o.o

Usopp:like...WTF!!! he has actually got muscels! and is a little cool

Nami: the brest seem bigger and the hair. i havent decided if i like it or not yet...

Chopper: still little and cwuteee<3 but the hat!! what have happend to the hat :c

Robin: she seemed more..human, and still h-o-t

Brooke: still bones..but a star!? O.o

Franky: he have become...wide...and bald

Zoro: what is up with his hair!! i...like...buhuuu...but ht escar...do he have the eye or is it really gone!!! but he is still howt :'D
Old 2010-10-05, 14:00   Link #455
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Vista made a slash clean through Akainu's neck, but didn't cut his head clean off because his Haki wasn't strong enough
When did he make a slash clean through Akainu's neck?
Old 2010-10-05, 14:02   Link #456
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The diagonal cut through Akainu's neck area. Doesn't take his head off, but it slices him pretty good. It would have killed him had the Haki attack worked right.
Old 2010-10-06, 05:55   Link #457
onepiecetvdotus

cool new looks and power to the Straw Hat Pirates.
Old 2010-10-08, 08:45   Link #458
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The diagonal cut through Akainu's neck area. Doesn't take his head off, but it slices him pretty good. It would have killed him had the Haki attack worked right.
agreed, I've brought this point up a few times

I expect that maybe in OP someone like WB or possibly even Akainu can survive a huge cut like that, but it would've still dealt massive damage and loads of blood .. Akainu just noted it was irritating --> Vista's Haki wasn't strong enough to pierce Akainus Haki (possibly due to Akainus (or maybe all 3 admirals) affinity to armor haki .. after all, that is what they most likely used to block WB's shockwaves .. also Vista possibly has an affinity for Mantra - seems useful for a swordsman and it would explain why his armor haki was weaker then Akainus)

on a sidenote - WB should've used his bisento to cut down Akainu after Ace dies, a cut is a cut (and possibly take off his head), but more bluntish damage from quake-punches can be tanked, as both Akainu and BB demonstrated magnificiently .. same with BB - should've continued to stab him with the bisento instead of a quake .. but that would just result in a dead BB, not what the plot needs
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-10-09, 04:58   Link #459
Slayerx

Quote:
When did he make a slash clean through Akainu's neck?
ch574
Vista makes a huge cut deep into Akainu's neck; and using Haki no less
But despite using Haki, Akainu does not bleed or anything; all it did was irritate him... i would suspect the irritation is either because it does still cause some pain despite the lack of damage, or because he needs to concentrate or use energy if avoid being hurt by haki users and so fighting them is a bit tougher...
Old 2010-10-09, 05:10   Link #460
Kallen4life

pretty much a logia with good armor haki that isn't taken by surprise is still nigh-invincible (unless a specific weakness (that Akainu doesn't have so far) or seastone is involved) .. probably not many people in the world that can go through Akainus armor-haki - WB, Garp, Shanks, Rayleigh possibly and of course in time - Luffy

Quote:
i would suspect the irritation is either because it does still cause some pain despite the lack of damage, or because he needs to concentrate or use energy if avoid being hurt by haki users and so fighting them is a bit tougher..
I think it's both
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Closed Thread