AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-26, 04:03   Link #10061
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Precisely my point. Well, that and the fact that if we default, all those guys who lent us money will mechanically be in trouble too.
Seeing how the Greek issue caused much of the rest of the EU trouble by aiding them financially (at the expense of tax payers), I imagine it would be hard on them if any other country, be it France, Italy or Portugal would fall into a similar crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not sure. I guess they're agreeing with the principle of helping struggling countries, hoping it'll apply to use if/when we need it. There may also be a problem of self-image at work. French people are so used to thinking of themselves as poor victims, they don't realize how big our economy really is.
We have that problem with Italian politicians as well, along with more than just a few in the working class. They want to appear charitable just to win the support of the people. That's actually one of the good things about Berlusconi, of all things. He thinks of politics more as an industry, rather than try to control the people through games of subtlety, and prolly why he's lasted as long as he has. I find it a paradox that the French are lending money in the hopes others will do the same tho There's really no telling what will happen at all.
Old 2010-11-26, 05:41   Link #10062
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Hariri visits Iran to lobby for stability
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6AP1BR20101126
Old 2010-11-26, 05:57   Link #10063
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Hariri visits Iran to lobby for stability
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6AP1BR20101126
might as well bend over while he's at it.
Old 2010-11-26, 06:24   Link #10064
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Tell me about it. The ROKMC is one huge family, and considering he lost several friends in the past year (two in the Cheonan sinking, a US soldier in Iraq, etc), he's taking it hard.

Never mind he's actually been in battle before.
Well Goddamn
Old 2010-11-26, 08:31   Link #10065
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
might as well bend over while he's at it.
Could be a idea, as Iran have so much impact on Hezbollah.
Old 2010-11-26, 09:18   Link #10066
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Could be a idea, as Iran have so much impact on Hezbollah.
really is sickening when you think about it.
he has to bow himself to the very people who murdered his father in an effort to keep the peace.

and this is the guy who's suppose to have the U.S watching his back.
Old 2010-11-26, 11:21   Link #10067
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
really is sickening when you think about it.
he has to bow himself to the very people who murdered his father in an effort to keep the peace.

and this is the guy who's suppose to have the U.S watching his back.
that was Syria not Iran.
Old 2010-11-26, 11:45   Link #10068
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Iran is supporting the ones responsible for his father's death, however, and he's trying to avoid violence with them by being subservient to them from what I understand.
Old 2010-11-26, 12:16   Link #10069
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Brazilian police invade Rio gang strongholds
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1814611/
Quote:
About 80 federal police officers joined state police in door-to-door searches in the Vila Cruzeiro slum as 800 military troops, trained in surrounding and isolating conflict areas, stood ready in their headquarters, 20 kilometres away, to back them up.
The cleaning before 2014's mondial ?
Old 2010-11-26, 12:21   Link #10070
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that was Syria not Iran.
actually, the ones who did the murder we're apparently Hezbollah (in Syrian service).
and Since Iran is now effectively the one pulling Hezbollah's leash....
Old 2010-11-26, 13:56   Link #10071
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Tell me about it. The ROKMC is one huge family, and considering he lost several friends in the past year (two in the Cheonan sinking, a US soldier in Iraq, etc), he's taking it hard.

Never mind he's actually been in battle before.
Very unfortunate for your boyfriend and his friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sure. Tell us if the conflict affected the kimchi output to the world.

Joking. I was actually wondering if you could tell us about the location of the anti-DPRK demonstrations if there were any, in which states and regions, whether it is closer towards Seoul or towards the 38th.

Also, it would be good if you can get your boyfriend to tell us about the defence condition of SK, whether it has been heightened and by how many levels (if possible, including mobilisation and recalls of "NSmen" over there).
Actually there has been already a shortage of kimchi already .
But I am to curious about the the military condition of Korea. I was finally going back to Korea after 10years and this shit happen. So I am bit worried that when I go back they might make me serve in the military. And I wonder if they will recall someone my families back to the army.
Old 2010-11-26, 14:50   Link #10072
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Actually there has been already a shortage of kimchi already .
That is ridiculous. What is your Minister of Agriculture going to do about it? The world depends on both Koreas for the fermented cabbage supply!

Quote:
But I am to curious about the the military condition of Korea. I was finally going back to Korea after 10years and this shit happen. So I am bit worried that when I go back they might make me serve in the military. And I wonder if they will recall someone my families back to the army.
They don't send recruits to the frontlines. I was enlisted when Mas Selamat Kastari (an Indonesian terrorist under the custody of Singapore) escaped, and unlike my friends who are already serving, I don't have to go around hunting for that SOB and burning my weekends.

How long is the initial service in SK? 3 years?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:30   Link #10073
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
That is ridiculous. What is your Minister of Agriculture going to do about it? The world depends on both Koreas for the fermented cabbage supply!

They don't send recruits to the frontlines. I was enlisted when Mas Selamat Kastari (an Indonesian terrorist under the custody of Singapore) escaped, and unlike my friends who are already serving, I don't have to go around hunting for that SOB and burning my weekends.

How long is the initial service in SK? 3 years?
Two years... two years of wasting your youth.
Old 2010-11-26, 16:09   Link #10074
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Two years... two years of wasting your youth.
That is exactly our same sentiment for us guys here. We enlist at 18-20 and serve for 2 (3 in the past, during TRL's or Skane's time).

I only finished my service this year (ORD loh!) but I am due for recall next June. Our area is probably less risky than yours since you are near North Korea and risk dying in the line of service.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-26, 16:45   Link #10075
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well, I thought I'd might post this, since this seems to be at the heart of all this shenanigans going on in the Yellow Sea lately.

Blue=South Korean defined Maritime border
Red=North Korean defined Maritime border

Hence how the North Koreans rationalize shooting training artillery shells on an island 12 miles off from the North Korean coast even further down south, as a violation of North Korean territory. It seems to be based upon some preposterous assumption that the Military Demarcation line extends straight out into the ocean.

Is it just me, or would the North Korean maritime version of the border make it REALLY easy for them to encircle the islands and cut off their ocean going life line to ROK territory?
Old 2010-11-26, 18:57   Link #10076
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

one thing i never really understood was why seoul was made the capital of SK when it is so close to the NK border. I mean would it have been safer and made more sense to have move the capital a but farther form the border?
Old 2010-11-26, 19:04   Link #10077
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
That is exactly our same sentiment for us guys here. We enlist at 18-20 and serve for 2 (3 in the past, during TRL's or Skane's time).

I only finished my service this year (ORD loh!) but I am due for recall next June. Our area is probably less risky than yours since you are near North Korea and risk dying in the line of service.
Glad that others understand. *sign* don't want to ever serve in the military. So hoping that I get my US citizenship next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
one thing i never really understood was why seoul was made the capital of SK when it is so close to the NK border. I mean would it have been safer and made more sense to have move the capital a but farther form the border?
History man, it was the capital of Chosun so naturally its the capital of Korea. And Pyongyang being the old capital of Goguryeo hence became the capital of North.
Old 2010-11-26, 22:28   Link #10078
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I am of the opinion that is they give full control of the ROK army to SlayerSBoxeR who is currently playing in a tournament, war would be over in two days.
Old 2010-11-26, 22:50   Link #10079
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I am of the opinion that is they give full control of the ROK army to SlayerSBoxeR who is currently playing in a tournament, war would be over in two days.
I am sure the South Koreans have been breeding Zerg in their underground labs and breach the UN bio-warfare convention.

Old 2010-11-26, 22:55   Link #10080
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As long as the ROK Zerg army doesn't have Infestors with Fungal Growth, I doubt they breach any Geneva accords.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international