AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 18:55   Link #81
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@Sola

http://natalie.mu/comic/artist/2079

He's still illustrating in square-enix Wing and Shounen that's for sure. But as for projects his latest is still IH and the only praise is Natsu no Arashi.

Too bad not much news yet
Old 2013-03-19, 08:08   Link #82
senksiang90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
@Sola

http://natalie.mu/comic/artist/2079

He's still illustrating in square-enix Wing and Shounen that's for sure. But as for projects his latest is still IH and the only praise is Natsu no Arashi.

Too bad not much news yet
thanks for the reply guys!I actually grew up in high school with School Rumble (Back in 2006)... it wasn't until recently-when I rewatched my old dvds-and one of the series was SR that I finally came to realise how wonderful this series actually was and how the ending really sucked.

I watched Deathnote and Fruit Basket before that and both have great endings. But School Rumble. Oh my, it's so disappointing that I need more!! It can't be the end-in denial-

I dunno how u guys were able to grow out of SR.... I am sincerely hoping that Jin Kobayashi will get back to his senses and start drawing some School Rumble manga-maybe a College Rumble where Yakumo and harima are dating at a manga school or something like that!

Each time master Jin ends a manga (natsu no arashi & Ichiro Heian) I was actually very glad and happy. he is still young (36 this year) so I still have high hopes that he will finally do something about the School Rumble.

Then again, if his wife is really a half-blonde like Eri, he wouldn't need the money as she is rich right?

He is a mangaka! He will draw again! Hopefully the new manga will be a school rumble continuation.. (it's been nearly 1 year since his Ichiro heian! ended...)
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 08:10   Link #83
senksiang90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondrath View Post
It seems all of the links are dead except the Spanish copy. If I remember right, it was translated by animesuki member "Hunk". Maybe try PM'ing him.
Do u happen to have Hunk's id? I really really need the 8 pages. I am soooo addicted to school rumble..

LOL!maybe a little too late.. but still i love the series..
Old 2013-03-19, 20:22   Link #84
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
Do u happen to have Hunk's id? I really really need the 8 pages. I am soooo addicted to school rumble..

His last activity was 3 years ago, but with any luck, the PM well notify him at his email address. http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=86190
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:16   Link #85
Solafighter
Hige

I don't know, who Hunk is, but his last activity is two years back.

I prefer to wait for some real news from JK.
Old 2013-03-23, 01:24   Link #86
senksiang90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I don't know, who Hunk is, but his last activity is two years back.

I prefer to wait for some real news from JK.
YUP! me too!!! I mean, even Dragonball after all these while was given a HD Remastered version in Dragonball kai and now with Dragonball Battle of Gods... So I'm very optimistic of seeing at least one more piece of work from JK. I love his art. Comparing the many animes i watch, School Rumble's drawings is done with great detail(esp. Eri). Don't get me wrong, I think Naruto and Bleach and One piece is awesome but in terms of art, I'm going with SR.

I wouldn't mind if one day due to sudden popularity, a BluRay/HD remastered of School Rumble will be on sale...All they need is just to add some cutscenes which was not shown previously!
Old 2013-03-24, 17:12   Link #87
Sphire

Quote:
I dunno how u guys were able to grow out of SR....
We didn't

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if one day due to sudden popularity, a BluRay/HD remastered of School Rumble will be on sale...All they need is just to add some cutscenes which was not shown previously!
The only reason I don't hold much hope for that is because SR never properly finished in terms of anime. I mean, sure, we technically got the last 2 episodes of season 3, but we didn't get season 3. And that sucks big time.

Also, that 8 page one-shot, is that the one that came out a couple of years ago? I should have a copy, maybe I can pm it to you? The english isn't that great grammatically though, but you can understand it.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:25   Link #88
Solafighter
Hige

You can't grow out of SR.
Old 2013-03-26, 08:14   Link #89
senksiang90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
We didn't

The only reason I don't hold much hope for that is because SR never properly finished in terms of anime. I mean, sure, we technically got the last 2 episodes of season 3, but we didn't get season 3. And that sucks big time.

Also, that 8 page one-shot, is that the one that came out a couple of years ago? I should have a copy, maybe I can pm it to you? The english isn't that great grammatically though, but you can understand it.
Wow. YES!! Please! I really need that dose of School Rumble!! I love SR! There's nothing in this world i want more than that Bessatsu episode! It will be great if u could PM me those 8 pages! Thanks a lot!
Old 2013-03-26, 08:20   Link #90
senksiang90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
You can't grow out of SR.
LOL totally agree with u buddy. I feel ya. I mean, I started watching this awesome anime back in 2006 when it first aired at my country's local station. I eventually followed it and got so hooked up!

This is one of those anime that u really cannot forget. It's OUR generation. I practically went to high school in 2006, had a handphone like the characters-no iPhone/smartphone.

The characters were born 1988-1990 and I was born in 1990.. so maybe that's why i felt that it has a strong connection with me!

Right now, I just ordered the PS2 games from Japan. It's in Japanese and I'm not too sure what I'm gonna do. But looking through the old threads, looks like someone actually played through it before without knowing Japanese! by marking stuffs-i forgot which user was it-

So I'll just play and hopefully have a great time with it.

PS:I'm learning Japanese for the sake of this game. Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana. I hate them all.
Old 2013-04-06, 00:45   Link #91
Piprocker
Vernadead~

Send a message via MSN to Piprocker
Quote:

http://mangafox.me/manga/school_rumble/vBB/c001/1.html
Piprocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 07:53   Link #92
senksiang90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piprocker View Post
thnx buddy! glad u helped!

I am actually picking up some japanese language classes at the moment as I have bought several SR japanese special editions which was never scanlated and translated... I;ll let u guys knw more about it later once I'm done with it! LOL
Old 2013-04-07, 08:01   Link #93
senksiang90

anyway, does anyone knows whatever happened to Ichiro Heian! or even Jin Kobayashi? he seemed to have vanished without a trace.. does he have a twitter acct or fb acct? I mean.. even Ichiro Heian! had the twitter influence in it.. so i'm just guessing Jin Kobayashi does have a twitter account right?
Old 2013-05-25, 05:15   Link #94
yakumo-chan

Hello guys!!!

I cant believe you guys are still waiting for School RUmble haha ^___^
Old 2013-05-25, 11:22   Link #95
Solafighter
Hige

- Hope dies last.
- We keep alive the legend.
Old 2013-05-27, 19:12   Link #96
Sphire

Even hope will probably die soon. Especially since KJ isn't creating anything at the moment. Although I didn't follow Ichiro Heian much (it was short lived), even Natsu No Arashi was enjoyable to me (anime vers.). Now that there is absolutely nothing? I don't know what to say.

No proper season 3 will forever be an injustice in the anime world. Hope for that is long gone now. The only hope that remains is a continuation of School Rumble somehow or an anime reboot (given technology is better now too). I don't see a reboot with that ending still in place though. So really, really slim chances here.

I can't even bring myself to rewatch the series. As much as I love SR, I fear rewatching it. Not because I might view it differently now (SR is still far and away my favourite anime after all these years), but because I don't want to get caught up in it again and love it all over again and then drop it all over again.

Edit: Writing this has made me want to revisit wannabefansubs for old times sake. And so I shall.
Old 2013-05-27, 20:14   Link #97
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Edit: Writing this has made me want to revisit wannabefansubs for old times sake. And so I shall.
WF Forums are like a trove of nostalgia. I'm glad it's still online, even though it's locked from posting. There's a really active School Rumble FB community for those who want a little more. https://www.facebook.com/SukuruRanburuForever

We'll always continue to hope for School Rumble. Favorite anime of all time.
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:26   Link #98
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Hey guys, anyone still hoping for a School Rumble return?
Ya I want a Sequel School rumble manga or an animated season 3 or both.

Quote:
oh yeah, btw, since Ichiro Heian! ended in May 2012, I guess it will Jin Kobayashi will be making another new series soon. I don't knw what it'll be but let's hope for something that involves Harima Kenji-College Rumble for instance. XD
Yea I agree, I'd like to see Harima-Rumble type sequel manga. KJ is free from manga duties at the moment which is positive news I think. I'm sure he has thousands of fans who still bombard him with emails and more school rumble requests. He probably does have it on his mind.

I re watched School Rumble recently and forgot how epic it is. My favorite series of all time.

Last edited by CaptainSmoker; 2013-08-06 at 11:54.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 13:30   Link #99
jho

I just re-read the whole manga series...really one of the great ones
jho is offline   Reply With Quote