AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-13, 12:19   Link #1381
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I think the abandomnent issue has nothing to do with Mikono. It's all due to the Alicia girl. Which is sad is that Amata pushes this on Mikono, settling himself for a big disapointment. It was kinda sad to see him stated that he though he finally found the one that won't abandon him. Which actually makes me think the MikonoxAmata ship was doomed to sink.
That doesn't neccesarily mean or hint at the relationship being doomed from the start (it may be but that's not a reason). Being the hero and protagonist of this he'll have to deal with the issue later on in the show, meaning that more than likely it simply has something to do with his character development, which may be triggered by something e.g Mikono leaving or beng taken, he'll eventually overcome it e.g getting her back or at least finding out real reasons why. Most probably he'll simply find out what the hell happened to that girl before.

Really though her leaving had nothing to do with relationship issues, that has more to do with family issues, e.g a death of a family member. He probably meant that she won't leave him to be that she won't get abducted and he'll do his damnest to make sure it doesn't happen. Most probably Amata has some pent up rage in regards to that.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:49   Link #1382
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
See, there is still a problem, if they would want Kagura's wench they would let him go to Vega, but Izumo refuses it in the previous episode(Kagura needed Mykage to open the gates to the Vega and now he is even punished for this).
We're sort of grasping at straws until we know a bit more about the Realiglers and why they're important to Izumo and co. Jin tells us this ep "But hey, I got data on a new Realigler". Which we assume to mean Yunoha, telling us that women possibly are Realiglers. Was Shrade an outlier with Aquarion Spade? Are Realigler's simply pilots with Element powers? Previously when capturing women they were refereed to as Realiglers.

We know, for the most part, that the mecha being used by Altair are 'real robots', none seem to be 'super robots' aka Aquarion. Whether that's because they're being solo piloted or Altair doesn't have pilots with Element Powers. We learned this ep that Jin is potentially a better pilot than his showing here, because he's controlling this mech using transdimensional remote control... Also explaining what the trio of mechs in the first ep were all about.

It was fun to see him distracted by the invisible mech, shocked that things weren't going according to the simulation, and wtfpwn'ed because he wasn't paying enough attention.

For a fanservicey episode that introduced us to a new loli pilot, the ep did a grand job of asking more questions than it answered.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:54   Link #1383
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
If Amata doesn't tell her what she needs to hear soon it'll be a perfect setup for that single-minded Kagura to step in.
And for Amata to end up with Zessica, like that everyone is happy

Ep 7 : It was great ! I love all the moments between Amata and Zessica and it seems the little girl will have a crush for Amata too
Old 2012-02-13, 13:14   Link #1384
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

New images from the Official Site:

Aquarion Spada:

Yunoha:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 14:09   Link #1385
mayumi

that spada is most definitely luna of this series.
so if zessica is keeping her heart hidden, what is she really like?
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 14:18   Link #1386
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
While the Spada is like Luna in terms of Vector arrangement (If Sol = Z, Luna = Y and Mars = X), in terms of actual role and execution the Spada is definitely Aquarion Mars, with both emphasizing swordplay.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 14:28   Link #1387
Zuul

After watching the episode in good condition :

-OMG, I don't hate the little girl. Actually I don't hate any of the female cast. It's my first time.
*amazed*

-I'm in love with Zessica's cute little fang. The whole scene about Amata and Zessica being sgared and running was hillarious, including Mikono's reaction, who guenuinely misread the whole situation in a pretty comical way. Even if she ended up hurting Amata's feelings a little. But she is quick to forgive and forget and makes excuse when due.

-Mix XD

-Poor Kagura. I know he fucked up badly but still.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 14:30   Link #1388
Adigard

Quote:
I imagined it as her keeping herself hidden from her classmates, rather than Amata and the viewer. Despite being rather outgoing and outspoken, or perhaps because of it... she doesn't seem to have any friends in class. She seems to be very friendly, but doesn't have any friends... so something is definitely up.

She's potentially also the one with the most combat experience (going from things said in ep1/2) so it's possible she's trying to play a role she's not really suited for. Also as we saw in the current episode she really doesn't want her female classmates to know she was afraid of a ghost.

I imagine all will be made clear next episode with another fun school hijinks episode where things turn serious, but she definitely has some self-worth issues that should be interesting to explore. She's also the most likely contender to unlock Aquarions's next form... even though she failed to do so yet, and Spada seems to feature heavily in the previews (which troll).
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 15:08   Link #1389
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
If ep 1 is anything to go by, she probably sees herself as a 'strange' girl in that she's a tomboy surrounded by mostly girly-girls. Its common for a tomboy not to feel comfortable around certain 'types' of girls because of the POV clash. In universe, most of the girls probably admire her for being able to speak her mind on many things, especially the 'boy' issue, but she does have her own insecurities as well.

For one, I'd say she feels as though she can't show a weakness in front of the other girls because she's such a tomboy. Ruff n Tuff Zess - not scared of anything and able to fight on par with many of the boys. The girls admire her for that but it also puts up a 'wall' around her too unfortunately.

She doesn't mind being the one protecting others but once in a while, she probably wants to feel 'protected' and fretted over like how Amata frets over Mikono constantly. I feel as though Zess is a bit 'envious' of that, especially when Mikono can't even use an Element like how she is able to.
Old 2012-02-13, 15:21   Link #1390
kuromitsu

Semi-OT

In the meanwhile I found Amata's reincarnation.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 16:52   Link #1391
cyberdemon

so now we found out what the deal with the doll is, now to find out what's under the paper bag
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 17:16   Link #1392
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man the doll is alive! Yunoha has a nice element power. So Shrade is still alive. Looks like Cayene doesn't know about the new class seats. Good thing Zessica cleared it up with Mikono.
Old 2012-02-13, 17:23   Link #1393
Shikijin

Quote:
It seems her power is "impact". Possibly it blew her clothes up, so she started wearing revealing clothes, and then developed an outgoing personality to compensate for that.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 17:53   Link #1394
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Zessica is so funny when she's scared...*facecrotch* It was nice seeing her getting worried over Amata when he got hurt Her insecurity automatically makes me think of Reika from the original series though...

Anyways, I was thinking that maybe Altair and Vega are a bigger version of the girl vs. boy sides at Neo Deava. Maybe the two planets were separated because if the men on Altair and women on Vega gattai-ed, it would produce something even more powerful than two people from Vega who were in love; hence, the "forbidden meeting" notice that showed up when Kagura hugged Mikono.
Old 2012-02-13, 19:48   Link #1395
kuromitsu

tl;dr

Quote:
As for Mikono: why do you think she brought up Neo-Deava during her first date with Amata?. The way she brings it up comes across as her deliberately "testing" him, basically to see if he's interested in joining it. When he's like "I've thought about it but nope, no one would ever choose me" that's when she gets all warm-and-fuzzy towards him (useless pair, etc.).
So it's double-duty: it's useful exposition, but it also shows that Mikono's thought process (perhaps subconscious) is "this guy seems cool, I wonder if he'll run off to Neo-Deava like my brother did...". Which, as an aside, is part of what I like about this show so much: the writing's been surprisingly tight for something that's ostensibly a "silly fun" show.
I... don't think that was the case. Remember, at that point she didn't know Amata was even an Element, so why would she have thought he would run off to Neo-Deava? I think it was more like a tentative/maybe unconscious attempt to talk about something that is important to her to someone she feels strangely close to despite just having met him. (Her words, not mine.) Her happiness was, IMO, over having found a "useless" comrade who wouldn't be disappointed in her and hurt her for being... well, useless.

Mikono's big Issue is that since a) she's the black sheep of her family (only one without an Element power, constantly being under pressure, not being able to rise to her family's expectations, etc.) and also b) because Cayenne is a siscon was worried about his vision of her, Mikono's self-image and feel of self-worth was completely ruined since she was young. And on top of this, I think Cayenne sort of "trained" her to be timid and insecure, because that way she would be too much of a coward to get into harm's way. (I think Cayenne is aware of this on some level, which is why he said that he wanted to protect her even if she ended up hating him.) Remember how he talks about Mikono in eps 1-3? He's constantly berating her, calls her worthless, a coward, etc. Pretty damn harsh, and his excuse of "I just want to protect her" doesn't really hold up. (Cayenne seems to be the sort of overprotective guy who would lock a girl up in a room just to make sure nothing bad can happen to her.)

Quote:
I think the abandomnent issue has nothing to do with Mikono. It's all due to the Alicia girl. Which is sad is that Amata pushes this on Mikono, settling himself for a big disapointment.
...How is he pushing anything on Mikono? Seriously, any scene supporting this claim? :O

Amata's issues are IMO less clear-cut at this point than Mikono's - abandonment and the whole Alisia issue, yes, but there's also the realization that he's different from the people around him (re: wings) which comes with the experience of being ostracized. Basically it seems he's lived his life thinking of himself as a freak whom nobody would love anyway and who should hide who he is because people would just hate him.

Quote:
We also has Mikono pushing her 'I suck' insecurities on Amata, like when she was all happy to call them a useless pair ( She, at least, made excuses on it latter though.) and probably ask him on date based on how pityful he looked.
Are we even watching the same show?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 19:58   Link #1396
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

<3 <3 <3 Scaredy-cat HanaKana <3 <3 <3

Man, that "Don't leave me!" scream... voice acting at its finest.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 20:31   Link #1397
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Like Sheryl Nome from macross frontier -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 20:32   Link #1398
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I... don't think that was the case. Remember, at that point she didn't know Amata was even an Element, so why would she have thought he would run off to Neo-Deava? I think it was more like a tentative/maybe unconscious attempt to talk about something that is important to her to someone she feels strangely close to despite just having met him. (Her words, not mine.) Her happiness was, IMO, over having found a "useless" comrade who wouldn't be disappointed in her and hurt her for being... well, useless.
I went and rewatched this exchange. You might be closer to the truth, but I'm not convinced (it may be unanswerable). She starts out asking if he'd heard of Neo-Deava, which trains "elements" to fly the Aquaria (special people like Sylvie and Apollo, she says). Then she asks him if he's thought of flying the Aquaria, and he's like "I've thought about it, but I'd never be chosen," and that's when she perks up with the "useless pair" stuff.

So my interpretation *was* that at least subconsciously, her thought process is "special person => flies aquaria => will go to Neo-Deava (leaving me here)". I think some of that is at work. The remaining balance is probably some mix of *Mikono's* having thought of flying the Aquaria (and wishes she could, but thinks she can't?) and what you're saying (having found someone she likes who won't hurt her for being useless).

Regardless of what her intent was, I strongly suspect that if Amata had said "Yup, I'm shipping off to boot camp next week!" that that would've been the end of the date, and the end of her interest in him, lol.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Mikono's big Issue is that since a) she's the black sheep of her family (only one without an Element power, constantly being under pressure, not being able to rise to her family's expectations, etc.) and also b) because Cayenne is a siscon was worried about his vision of her, Mikono's self-image and feel of self-worth was completely ruined since she was young. And on top of this, I think Cayenne sort of "trained" her to be timid and insecure, because that way she would be too much of a coward to get into harm's way. (I think Cayenne is aware of this on some level, which is why he said that he wanted to protect her even if she ended up hating him.) Remember how he talks about Mikono in eps 1-3? He's constantly berating her, calls her worthless, a coward, etc. Pretty damn harsh, and his excuse of "I just want to protect her" doesn't really hold up. (Cayenne seems to be the sort of overprotective guy who would lock a girl up in a room just to make sure nothing bad can happen to her.)
This I agree with, and it seems like the route by which Amata's going to alienate Mikono for awhile. If abductors keep coming for her -- and Kagura makes another appearance, etc. -- the way Amata's going to react is going to remind her of her brother, in a bad way. It's still a bit hard to disentangle these issues from fear of being left behind / left out / etc., at least at present, but I think this is closer to the root cause than what I've been calling "abandonment issues".
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 20:49   Link #1399
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Regardless of what her intent was, I strongly suspect that if Amata had said "Yup, I'm shipping off to boot camp next week!" that that would've been the end of the date, and the end of her interest in him, lol.).
Well to be fair, this kind of boot camp don't seem to come with an off-pass or a phone call home, hence the reaction from both gender as if they haven't seen the opposite sex in like forever
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 21:02   Link #1400
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well to be fair, this kind of boot camp don't seem to come with an off-pass or a phone call home, hence the reaction from both gender as if they haven't seen the opposite sex in like forever
Are you saying you don't think she'd wait for him, even if it was for 12000 years?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction