AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 21 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 39.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-29, 20:46   Link #21
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd like to know too, as it looks nothing like her. It's probably just the baby of some of those contractors. Now that I think about it, have we ever heard of two contractors having a baby?

They look like two teenagers on their first date . And Yin sure has been getting some nice outfits in these OVAs.
More like Yin is do some enjou kyosai with some pedo.
Old 2010-03-29, 21:02   Link #22
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Contractor of the week: Stripper-chan!! (Seriously, did we even get her name?)

Now it should be clear that Izanami itself is residing inside Yin, and not just another personality. I still don't know the connection between Izanami and Yin though. I mean, why Yin? Did she come in contact with something in her past and made her become some sort of 'host' for Izanami? And if not, why did Izanami choose Yin?

It was a great episode overall, still prefer the previous one (adult Amber is hot no matter how you look at it). Yin being talkative and dominant is awesome (Well, technically it's Izanami, but still...). I could have used some music from S2, though.

EDIT: And after rewatching the episode, it seems that Izanami possessed Yin at the end of S1. What was Izanami doing there, though?

Last edited by Zwei; 2010-03-29 at 21:27.
Old 2010-03-29, 22:07   Link #23
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
We may have, but she is awesome. Best one yet.

Quote:
Now it should be clear that Izanami itself is residing inside Yin, and not just another personality. I still don't know the connection between Izanami and Yin though. I mean, why Yin? Did she come in contact with something in her past and made her become some sort of 'host' for Izanami? And if not, why did Izanami choose Yin?
Izanami was inside the gate...I think. There is still so little we know about the gates and where they came from, so there is plenty of holes for the writers to come up with stuff.

Quote:
It was a great episode overall, still prefer the previous one (adult Amber is hot no matter how you look at it). Yin being talkative and dominant is awesome (Well, technically it's Izanami, but still...). I could have used some music from S2, though.
Adult Amber? Am I missing something??
Old 2010-03-29, 22:12   Link #24
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Adult Amber? Am I missing something??
I was referring to the guy that used the appearance of Amber as a disguise to get closer to Hei in the first episode. I used the word 'Adult' because we don't get to see Amber's real appearance that often.
Old 2010-03-29, 22:19   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I was referring to the guy that used the appearance of Amber as a disguise to get closer to Hei in the first episode. I used the word 'Adult' because we don't get to see Amber's real appearance that often.
Oh, okay. So the guy was hot?

I miss Amber. Can we have a prequel to the first series with Amber starring, pleeeaase??
Old 2010-03-30, 03:13   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I miss Amber. Can we have a prequel to the first series with Amber starring, pleeeaase??
That would be pretty boring considering she'd know exactly how the story would turn out.
Old 2010-03-30, 03:55   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And Yin sure has been getting some nice outfits in these OVAs.
The best part about these OVA's in my opinion.

Quote:
No we didn't (unless it's mentioned in the manga), so for now we'll know her as Stripper-chan.

Quote:
Depends what age she'll be.

& it was pretty cruel featuring new music in this episode, when we obviously won't get a new soundtrack release.
Old 2010-03-30, 04:45   Link #28
phufool

Is it just me or did Hei not use his powers for the entire episode? Is there a reason for why he didn't use his powers? Maybe to give the enemies a chance? lol
Old 2010-03-30, 04:51   Link #29
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by phufool View Post
Is it just me or did Hei not use his powers for the entire episode? Is there a reason for why he didn't use his powers? Maybe to give the enemies a chance? lol
Yeah i thought that was weird too. But I think he did use his powers to cause a momentary blackout so they could escape.

Maybe he just didn't want to draw attention on himself?

Anyway, though i had my doubts in episode one, now I'm pretty sure that dog is Mao.
Old 2010-03-30, 04:55   Link #30
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah i thought that was weird too. But I think he did use his powers to cause a momentary blackout so they could escape.

Anyway, though i had my doubts in episode one, now I'm pretty sure that dog is Mao.
I don't think that's Mao. You have to remember that Mao still retained his cat body during the first episode of S2 till it got killed off, and his voice sounds different too.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:05   Link #31
Sakabatou77

Lightbulb

Quote:

That is not Mao. Doesn't even sound like Mao.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:07   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This episode confirms it for me that DtB is anything but over. We are going to see more of this series in the near future. I guess I should still hold on to the thought until the final episode of this OAD comes out. Considering Amber's prophecy is materializing in the form of Yin's new found benefactor who takes the liberty once too often, I just can't see this series coming to an end right after these OAD episodes. There is more story to tell.

The episode itself was good, but it wasn't as congealed in terms of storytelling. Season 2 suffered from it throught out. Can we bring back some of the old staff that worked on Season 1? These guys are struggling and it shows in these lackluster storytelling. I did enjoy the contractor in her delicious China-dress and how she was fulfilling her renumeration. Wanted to see more but what a shame that she has to be squished like that.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:10   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
That is not Mao. Doesn't even sound like Mao.
Yeah i don't even see any reason as to why we should even think it's Mao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
but what a shame that she has to be squished like that.
Not only did she have the best renumeration we've ever seen, she may just have the best death.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:27   Link #34
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I don't think that's Mao. You have to remember that Mao still retained his cat body during the first episode of S2 till it got killed off, and his voice sounds different too.
We've seen Mao transfer over to a bird and then back to same cat before.

And as for the voice...well...animals shouldn't even be able to make such noises, should they? I'm sure it can be explained away easily.

The reason i think he's Mao is because that dog's parter, the illusion guy, said over the phone that he'd be 'parting ways' with Madame Oreille. So evidently he and the dog was working for her. It seems like too much of a coincidence for me for Madame Oreille to have recruited another contractor who can possess animals.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:59   Link #35
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And as for the voice...well...animals shouldn't even be able to make such noises, should they? I'm sure it can be explained away easily.
What do you mean? When he transferred his consciousness into Pecha, he still had the same voice. The dog has a completely different voice than Mao, since obviously, it is a woman's voice.
Old 2010-03-30, 06:26   Link #36
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's a womans voice?!?!?!
Old 2010-03-30, 06:57   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It's a womans voice?!?!?!
Why yes, it is. Her voice sounds familiar too, but I can't seem to find out who she is...
Old 2010-03-30, 07:19   Link #38
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Great episode. Good action, nice development, and you can't help but admire when they go for blatant fanservice like her renumeration. But the selling point:

Evil Yin is FREAKY.

It's been said a bunch already, but I guess I'll say it too; this would have fit better if it had been released back before S2.

A little interesting tidbit: in the part early in the episode where the dog and what's-his-face blonde/purple hair guy (I have a hard time remembering non-main character names when they don't say them much) are talking in the alleway and blonde guy points down the stairwell towards the butcher shop, watch the guy walking from left to right: he walks on top of somebody else's face. An amusing animation error.
Old 2010-03-30, 07:25   Link #39
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
it was pretty cruel featuring new music in this episode, when we obviously won't get a new soundtrack release.
Actually we will since volume 5 limited edition DVD/BD release will contain a bonus soundtrack CD for the music played in the OVAs.
Old 2010-03-30, 07:35   Link #40
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This episode confirms it for me that DtB is anything but over. We are going to see more of this series in the near future. I guess I should still hold on to the thought until the final episode of this OAD comes out. Considering Amber's prophecy is materializing in the form of Yin's new found benefactor who takes the liberty once too often, I just can't see this series coming to an end right after these OAD episodes. There is more story to tell.
Didn't Gemini have production issues, which is why it was so short? I think that will be the biggest obstacle for this series. So far it's kept up with its "quality" and hasn't succumbed to fandom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Evil Yin is FREAKY.
I think it's important that we recognize that "evil Yin" is actually Izanami. Hold on...we don't know if Izanami even had a personality, it may be Yin's "dark side" if you will, creating it's own self. Izanami seems to have adopted Yin's feelings towards Hei but acts differently enough that it's its own character.