Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-23, 23:03   Link #121
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Spoiler:

And that episode preview image was really cute!
Old 2007-01-24, 01:43   Link #122
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Just saw ep 2. The symbol was on Sumire's leg when she was fighting the virus???

I thought it was only on her left arm.
Old 2007-01-24, 03:20   Link #123
gnuffiehot

Honestly, both episodes 1 and 2 sucked. I hope they're going to get somewhere starting the next episode, or they'll lose me as being interested.
Old 2007-01-24, 11:12   Link #124
hikarikokoro

Hi, viewing the first episode, this anime really looks nice...however i'm saddened by the fact its yuri...can anyone give me any information on the level of yuri in this anime? Is it admiration kind of love or is it a deep love between the two female leads?

I'm really hoping its the first and not the second for Baka-Updates Manga for VVV states that its Genre is Adventure Fantasy Mystery Shoujo Ai Shounen , no yuri was said to be in it...x_X

Last edited by hikarikokoro; 2007-01-24 at 11:44.
Old 2007-01-24, 11:57   Link #125
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarikokoro View Post
Hi, viewing the first episode, this anime really looks nice...however i'm saddened by the fact its yuri...can anyone give me any information on the level of yuri in this anime? Is it admiration kind of love or is it a deep love between the two female leads?

I'm really hoping its the first and not the second for Baka-Updates Manga for VVV states that its Genre is Adventure Fantasy Mystery Shoujo Ai Shounen , no yuri was said to be in it...x_X
from what i can tell so far there isnt even any yuri interactions! i think that aspect of the show was kinda blown out of proportion prior to the airing of VVV anyway...so you might be lucky

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-24, 15:47   Link #126
kingofthemoleppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Just saw ep 2. The symbol was on Sumire's leg when she was fighting the virus???

I thought it was only on her left arm.
It also changed into a different symbol. At the beginning they showed Kanji for the symbols and I think it was (from left to right) "earth", "water", "air" (guess, because she was able to fly and that would make four elements) and "fire".
Old 2007-01-24, 16:02   Link #127
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
from what i can tell so far there isnt even any yuri interactions! i think that aspect of the show was kinda blown out of proportion prior to the airing of VVV anyway...so you might be lucky
As I tried to tell everybody that went "Oh My God is it Yuri, It must be because the two main characters are featured standing within an inch of each other on a piece of promotional artwork, It's YURI. That makes the show for me, now I won't have to focus on any other aspects of the show that may pop-up such as character development and a relationships, plot, and action sequences." "Oh wait its.... not...yuri? NO NOW I HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO A PLOT, SCREW THIS!!!!1111!!!!!
Old 2007-01-24, 17:01   Link #128
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthemoleppl View Post
It also changed into a different symbol. At the beginning they showed Kanji for the symbols and I think it was (from left to right) "earth", "water", "air" (guess, because she was able to fly and that would make four elements) and "fire".
I found the use of the symbols changing positions to trigger what type of power Sumire employs while in her berserk state quite creative.

Fire - You have seen it. Burns and melts Viruses and in any other living thing that has the misfortune to come across VSumire's range.

Earth - I GUESS this is for superhuman / supernatural strength and durability.

Wind - Already witness to that power in episode two. Allows VSumire to fly and levitate. There's a possibility she might walk while in mid-air. Triggers wind blasts.

Water - It would be too obvious that this power allows VSumire to breath underwater while at the same time to have free mobility underwater.
Old 2007-01-24, 17:38   Link #129
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
As I tried to tell everybody that went "Oh My God is it Yuri, It must be because the two main characters are featured standing within an inch of each other on a piece of promotional artwork, It's YURI. That makes the show for me, now I won't have to focus on any other aspects of the show that may pop-up such as character development and a relationships, plot, and action sequences." "Oh wait its.... not...yuri? NO NOW I HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO A PLOT, SCREW THIS!!!!1111!!!!!
LOL i know what you mean ~ sometimes people can be blinded by such minuscule things that they forget the true meaning behind the story...well here its just to clear things up that it isnt yuri! (not yet anyway ~ future is hard to predict) ~ but so far up to ep 2 i have to say that im not all that impressed...i just hope something more dramatic will happen instead of it ending up as "find a virus...kill it...rinse and repeat" kinda thing ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-24, 19:36   Link #130
hoon
7ON

Seems like a pretty generic anime at this point. The characters aren't that interesting and if it matters at all, the animation quality suffers in the second episode.

But there are more episodes to come, I'll reserve my final judgment for later.
Old 2007-01-24, 21:36   Link #131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm - sometimes in the second episode, you get these really dark feeling scenes that stand out & make the show pretty interesting, then its straight back to happy-happy faces.. not to happy with that, though i plan to carry on this show for BERSERKER MODE & the music. :3

Anyway, i can see many good things coming from the Berserker mode in episodes to come. Very much looking forward to it.
Old 2007-01-24, 22:33   Link #132
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuffiehot View Post
Honestly, both episodes 1 and 2 sucked. I hope they're going to get somewhere starting the next episode, or they'll lose me as being interested.
Say it ain't so! Just when Sumire meets that guy.

I think I'm the only one that thinks this is good. I haven't read the manga, haven't watched D. Grayman, Bleach or other stuff people are comparing(seen Chrno Crusade, but I don't see the similarity).
Old 2007-01-24, 22:55   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I think I'm the only one that thinks this is good.
Don't get me wrong - i'm loving the series so far, i just think they could do a better job at setting the needed mood for certain scenes, thats all.
Old 2007-01-25, 01:15   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think a few people here have an idea of what I might like... anyone recommend this to me?
Old 2007-01-25, 02:35   Link #135
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The animation honestly looks above average too me. I swear ever since Kyoto Animation came of age every expects every show too look exactly like their style or its bad. I've seen bad from the 70's and 80's when characters appearances and shape would often change from frame to frame as would detail that would often pop in and out of the frames. Anybody who says this is bad has honestly either seen nothing or is spoiled. Unless the show barely moves ala Violinist of Hamelin its more than fine. In fact its probably the best animation I've seen this year (beginning 2007), tied only with Kyoshiro To Towa Sora and Giant Robo. Saint October and Gakuen Manabi Straight look unrefined and outsourced to some two-bit Korean studio and everything else is passable to average. If you want to see bad see episode 19 of the incredible Welcome To NHK which must have gone to the cheapest Korean animation studio they could find.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-01-25 at 02:46.
Old 2007-01-25, 04:53   Link #136
dc_talkz

hi i'm new here..need help..i downloaded ep1 subbed by [GNU].. but i don't know why the whole things seems to be upside down.. is it something wrong with my player or is there a way i could fix this? have to turn my monitor upside down to watch *LoL* ...thanks in advance for ur help!
Old 2007-01-25, 07:24   Link #137
kingofthemoleppl

Info on what player you are using would help immensely.
Because I don't know any specific solution, I have to generally point to the playback help forum's sticky. Get rid of your old stuff and get the CCCP and use MPC.
Should work fine in 98% of the cases.
Old 2007-01-25, 10:08   Link #138
dc_talkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthemoleppl View Post
Info on what player you are using would help immensely.
Because I don't know any specific solution, I have to generally point to the playback help forum's sticky. Get rid of your old stuff and get the CCCP and use MPC.
Should work fine in 98% of the cases.
ohh sory.im using windows media player v11.. and i have the k-lite codec installed..i don't know why the picture end up showing upside down..i juz finished downloading ep2.. it's also the same.. i have no problem opening the file,both audio and video is ok..the only thing is that it's all upside down...thanks 4 replying
Old 2007-01-25, 10:38   Link #139
NeoSam

Volume 4 of the shounen(boy's) manga Venus Versus Virus will be released on 27/1/2007.

Here its cover:

Spoiler:

Shounen manga.
Serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!
Old 2007-01-25, 12:04   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_talkz View Post
ohh sory.im using windows media player v11.. and i have the k-lite codec installed..i don't know why the picture end up showing upside down..i juz finished downloading ep2.. it's also the same.. i have no problem opening the file,both audio and video is ok..the only thing is that it's all upside down...thanks 4 replying
You usually have better luck asking these questions in the Technical thread Playback Help section.

My recommendation? Remove all your codecs and install the CCCP pack. Its one of the cleanest installs and covers all situations that I've encountered (I'm using it with my win2K/wmp-classic and my xp/wmp-11-latest, no problems).

Tags
fantasy, shounen