AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-02, 14:20   Link #61
killer3000ad

Spoiler:

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2007-11-02 at 14:54.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:27   Link #62
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Hi, i'm new and have a Question: Why ist galatea blind? She a defensive type and are defensive types not capable of regenerating things like eyes, arms... ?
My theorie on this is that galatea somehow not intended to regenerate so far, but why? Some kind of carnouflage for her? Or some method to train her sensing abillities?
If that's true than she can surely not regenerate during this battle and have to fight blind.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2007-11-02 at 16:37.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:32   Link #63
Sassarai
Army of One

Man! I was expecting a sexy battle outfit.... not some cosplay outfit ~_~
Old 2007-11-02, 14:34   Link #64
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Hi, i'm new and have a Question: Why ist galatea blind? She a defensive type and are defensive types not capable of regenerating things like eyes, arms... ?
My theorie on this is that galatea somehow not intended to regenerate so far, but why? Some kind of carnouflage for her? Or some method to train her sensing abillities?
If that's true than she can surely not regenerate during this battle and have to fight blind.
Maybe you're right on this one and she wanted to raise her Yoki reading and other senses by blinding herself. She shouldnt have a problem regenerating from what we know. We don't know about her regenerative abilities but I think your're right to assume she cannot do it mid-battle like for example Deneve.

Fate Archer, my friend it is time to spread the word of our beloved Goddess
Old 2007-11-02, 14:42   Link #65
hamstar
just passing by

WOW this has been the best chapter of claymore in a long time. Galatea is as sexy as ever and now.............the coolest character in the series.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-02, 14:47   Link #66
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

blast! I forgot that we were doing an individual thread for each new chapter... oh well.

Poor Galatea, she would never realize how many people were checking her out unless they were awakened beings or claymores. I would guess her senses beyond her uber youkiness are pretty good now too.

Next big question is who is coming in the next chapter? Is it one of the awakened beings we already know or is it a new character (I hope for a youma/human hybrid)? It doesn't seem like Riful, Isley, or Priscilla's style to scream loud enough for everyone to hear them and most of the other awakened beings we've met are dead. Maybe Dauff, but I really hope not.

How ironic would it be if Raki came back to the city of Rabona as an awakened being to feast? I really hope the noise didn't come from galatea...

And does Galk ever change out of his armor?
Old 2007-11-02, 15:09   Link #67
hamstar
just passing by

anyone else think her personality has changed?

She used to be pretty easy-going and now.............. well............

just what i thought about reading the new chapter.
Old 2007-11-02, 15:14   Link #68
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
anyone else think her personality has changed?

She used to be pretty easy-going and now.............. well............

just what i thought about reading the new chapter.
I doubt you would be easy going after being chased and trying to keep a low profile for 7 years?Besides she seems pretty chilled out while seeing the kids off and we have yet to see her during a more ...erm calm moment?
Old 2007-11-02, 15:24   Link #69
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

OMFG galetea is blind tell me ur joking

But i thought irene was gonna be there
and if there is a flora and Galatea religion
ill go with flora cause i her

Last edited by King Lycan; 2007-11-02 at 15:43.
Old 2007-11-02, 15:43   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Galatea in rip up nun outfit = superhot

i wonder how the org will deal with the fall out.

Claymores are illegal in Rabona yet the org just sent 2 into the city (even if the they did it on thier own).

And i love to see Rafalla come out of the church also in a nun outfit
Old 2007-11-02, 15:43   Link #71
GundamZZ
残念美人

To the basher of Wind Slayer, you don't deserve the love from any Claymore

When Clarice realizes Galatea may already know their coming, she calls Miata to release yoma strength. Is Miata going to transform? Did "Tuxedo Mask" informed Galatea?
Old 2007-11-02, 16:05   Link #72
edf91

Kind of interesting for Galatea to be so "warm" toward children and stuff - even the priest commented on it. She did ask the priest to take care of the children and for him to get away, so she sure seems to be more "approachable" then before.

I think one of the reason Galatea is blind now because Clarice mentioned that they can take pills to suppress their youki to change their eye color, but it won't last, therefore in order for people not to see their eye color, they basically have to keep it shut, and you cannot keep it shut better than Galatea's way of doing it.

It is interesting to see why Galatea didn't just leave, although it is interesting to see that there are sounds of yoma about the same time they were fighting.

Of course Clarice want Miata to release youki, as since she figure out Galatea already know they are coming, that means it could be a trap, and therefore doing the job and get the hell out is the best option to take.

I just feel sorry for Galatea, seems like she just want to live a quiet life - although I could be wrong since my Japanese skill sucks
Old 2007-11-02, 16:07   Link #73
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
WOW this has been the best chapter of claymore in a long time. Galatea is as sexy as ever and now.............the coolest character in the series.

Spoiler:
I have to verify my ranking now. Clare has now a rival for #2 spot. People that voted Galatea over Miria in the poll made the right decision :P (they have great intuition ). Yagi-sensei shows his genius again, not only he shocked everyone (although many possible scenarios were considered) but he made it really awesome. Shocking isn't that hard, but shocking and making it great at the same time is. Wow, can't believe everything in this chapter is perfect. Drawings have never been that marvellous, and Galatea....
Old 2007-11-02, 16:07   Link #74
Tevourious

Yes Raphaela and Galatea together with one eye between them taking on the world would ROCK!!! Also for some sneaky reason I think Irene may still be alive.. Handicap Church of DOOM.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:07   Link #75
BaalChaamon

We can't see if Miata is going golden-eyed or not when she releases her Yoki.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:11   Link #76
Tevourious

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I have to verify my ranking now. Clare has now a rival for #2 spot. People that voted Galatea over Miria in the poll made the right decision :P (they have great intuition ). Yagi-sensei shows his genius again, not only he shocked everyone (although many possible scenarios were considered) but he made it really awesome. Shocking isn't that hard, but shocking and making it great at the same time is. Wow, can't believe everything in this chapter is perfect. Drawings have never been that marvellous, and Galatea....
Wauuugh I still profess my love for Jean, she wasn't the prettiest and her ability was kinda gross, but her personality more than made up for it!! She'll always have my vote. Fly on Jean Fly on!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-11-02, 16:12   Link #77
Sassarai
Army of One

I fixed that sig for you baal.

Old 2007-11-02, 16:13   Link #78
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I thought this chapter was very well done, Galatea being alive was a surprise. Her being in Rabona(a city that abhors un-naturality) surpised me more. But the fact that she was blind surpised me the most. Just her luck meeting Miata, and blowing her cover in front of the priest(not to mention serious amounts of property damage.). I guess she really has an "eye" for trouble (bad pun). One thing I was wondering about, why isnt there a 1-10 poll on this chapter? Are we not going to do the same thing we did for the anime?
Old 2007-11-02, 16:15   Link #79
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I only voted once and that was for Galatea. The Galatea band wagon is overflowing so I gotta switch to Clare sig for awhile till it calms down.

Now if my next theory is right they will run off to an active volcano to do battle.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:27   Link #80
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I fixed that sig for you baal.

LoL, erm thanks Sassarai
Closed Thread