AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-13, 23:34   Link #1
Kudryavka

Chinka!

An anime made by a new company, Mirai Fusion Hibuse, headed (or maybe just founded?) by Danny Choo. I saw that someone mentioned this in the Upcoming Series thread, but no one's made a standalone thread for it yet.

"Chinka PV" article at dannychoo.com.

The OVA will be initially distributed for free through an iPhone virtual magazine app called Tokyo Kawaii Magazine. No news on if this OVA will be the only episode, or if it'll be part of an OVA series/turned into a proper TV series. Update: This was an April Fool's joke, but Danny has confirmed that it will be made into an anime someday. Mirai Fusion is now a real anime char advertising company, and they will be working with real anime company Hibuse to produce the title. Sorry, folks. New blog post: Chinka PV April Fool's

It looks moelicious, but I'll be watching mainly because I'm a DC fan.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-04-21 at 22:55. Reason: Komari is stupid
Old 2010-04-13, 23:37   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Sora no Woto meets Tomica Hero Rescue Fire, and now confirmed to actually exist. Sign me up. I was on board even when it was fake.
Old 2010-04-13, 23:41   Link #3
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Sora no Woto meets Tomica Hero Rescue Fire, and now confirmed to actually exist. Sign me up. I was on board even when it was fake.
I'm wondering how they'll handle using firefighting as the theme. The closest I got to TV shows about rescuing civilians and fighting disasters was Rescue Heroes. Chinka will be a new step for me.
Old 2010-04-14, 03:00   Link #4
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I'm wondering how they'll handle using firefighting as the theme. The closest I got to TV shows about rescuing civilians and fighting disasters was Rescue Heroes. Chinka will be a new step for me.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-04-14, 20:29   Link #5
Crontica

Disappointed in this upcoming title as they clearly are going to spend more time on moe girls goofing around at the fire station than actually rescuing people. Meh time will tell.
Old 2010-04-14, 20:43   Link #6
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Disappointed in this upcoming title as they clearly are going to spend more time on moe girls goofing around at the fire station than actually rescuing people. Meh time will tell.
I'm getting a vibe like this, too. But like I said, I'll be watching b/c of DC.
Old 2010-04-15, 00:01   Link #7
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
With those outfits I hardly doubt they will survive any fire.... I thought this was an april fool's joke. You would have thought they would have made something less generic...
Old 2010-04-15, 13:36   Link #8
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
With those outfits I hardly doubt they will survive any fire.... I thought this was an april fool's joke. You would have thought they would have made something less generic...
NEVER EVER think serious about anime logic.
Old 2010-04-17, 05:27   Link #9
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
no offense but it would be very funny if chinka is a male

Spoiler for male name:

lol
Old 2010-04-17, 15:02   Link #10
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
no offense but it would be very funny if chinka is a male

Spoiler for male name:

lol
It'd be hilarious if this turned out to be true, but I doubt it; something like that is way too un-moe.
Old 2010-04-17, 21:07   Link #11
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
NEVER EVER think serious about anime logic.
I know not to for other shows. But considering it is part of the basis for this show, there wouldn't be a lot of interesting plot. I've read a good book series where they deal with tracking down a "fire bug" and is done with that realistic edge making it more entertaining and giving it a believable background.

The name sounds like racial slur 0_o'''' that is what comes to mind first.

Just like epic fail....
Old 2010-04-17, 21:11   Link #12
Kudryavka

Quote:
I know not to for other shows. But considering it is part of the basis for this show, there wouldn't be a lot of interesting plot. I've read a good book series where they deal with tracking down a "fire bug" and is done with that realistic edge making it more entertaining and giving it a believable background.

The name sounds like racial slur 0_o'''' that is what comes to mind first.

Just like epic fail....
I didn't know about the slur till I Googled it. Kinda like the original name of the book And Then There Were None. It sucks not knowing that you may be offending someone out there.
Old 2010-04-19, 07:32   Link #13
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Why Satomi Sato has dubbed all Chinka characters ?
Old 2010-04-21, 22:39   Link #14
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Why Satomi Sato has dubbed all Chinka characters ?
I highly doubt that Mirai Fusion has a lot of money, and Satomi Sato volunteered to do it, if I'm not mistaken. Most everyone is fascinated by the fact that a non-Japanese otaku (don't flame me for using that etymology) is directing his own anime; I'm on that boat. For Japanese pop culture enthusiasts, this is darn near mind blowing already, even though it's got near no hype, will prob be only one episode for a long time, and would rather have one volunteering VA then look for money to pay enough VAs for one per character.
Old 2010-05-14, 09:36   Link #15
NinjaYali
Banned

Chinka
ChinkA

A Chink

Interesting choice of name, Mr Choo.
Old 2010-05-15, 18:06   Link #16
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Exactly I would have thought he would have realized the name >.> but whatever. I also think Mirai looks super generic, like a sailor venus rip. He needs someone to design and write better stories for him...
Old 2010-05-15, 18:27   Link #17
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Most everyone is fascinated by the fact that a non-Japanese otaku (don't flame me for using that etymology) is directing his own anime; I'm on that boat.
Just to clarify, he isn't making this himself. Rather, he's supporting someone else's dream of creating an anime (director/scriptwriter/original artist Taku Inoue) by promoting the project, pitching in money, and assembling a staff. That's a significant feat by itself, but he shouldn't be confused as being the creator. Producer (and potential talent scout if by chance he's discovered one of tomorrow's creators) would probably be a more apt descriptor.

That said, the Danny Choo name definitely generates hype around these parts.
Old 2010-05-15, 23:44   Link #18
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Exactly I would have thought he would have realized the name >.> but whatever. I also think Mirai looks super generic, like a sailor venus rip. He needs someone to design and write better stories for him...
I think it's more a coincidence but certainly a amusing coincidence along the lines of having a Asian Yellow Ranger.
Old 2012-02-14, 18:07   Link #19
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Does anybody know what happened to this? I don't remember this ever coming out.
Old 2012-02-15, 06:33   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

IIRC is just the concept. i dont think he really that series making this to full ledge anime

or maybe what he mean by "anime" is 27 Second of animation

or it just april fool

Closed Thread

Tags
chinka, danny choo, mirai fusion