Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-06, 20:00   Link #2121
Raine721

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Being a nice guy isn't the same as being a Nice Guy. Tsumugu is a nice guy, but he's not acting like a Nice Guy. I was hoping the capitalization made it clear.
I was thinking more of the stupid and naive kind of nice guy where they let the girl take advantage of their feelings that never gets the girl.
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:01   Link #2122
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine721 View Post
I know what you mean, even so i tend to had the hunch not because they didn't interact much but basing it more on what they had and her interaction with other guys.
I've never seen so much love arrows in an anime like in nagiasu before but I'm keeping an open mind so that I won't be disappointed haha! I want to know more about the sea village more than anything though.
Unfortunately, there was an even BIGGER one in Aquarion EVOL. That was a gigantic mess however...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:02   Link #2123
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
...Btw, so much intrigue going on, probably the best episode of the second half so far, props to the guy who was in charge of this episode!!
Just as in the first cour it took several eps to rev up its gears so it has in the second cour, and we have seen that the seeming fluff content in the previous eps was for setting the stage. ^^
Old 2014-02-06, 20:02   Link #2124
Thess

Quote:
I know what you mean, even so i tend to had the hunch not because they didn't interact much but basing it more on what they had and her interaction with other guys.
I've never seen so much love arrows in an anime like in nagiasu before but I'm keeping an open mind so that I won't be disappointed haha! I want to know more about the sea village more than anything though.
I'll say the shoujos from the 90s and the 90s easily surpass this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
The thing is Kou barely interacted with Ohana after she left the city and the majority of the public brushed him off as a romantic interest trough the series until the end .
Ohana show she liked him in middle of the show. Chisaki has show zero indication she likes Kaname and he has confessed to her twice and we're already 3/4 in the show. I don't know how can you compare them when the set up was inevitable in episode 1 for the main couple. Like Manaka and Hikari.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:03   Link #2125
Raine721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Unfortunately, there was an even BIGGER one in Aquarion EVOL. That was a gigantic mess however...
Hahaha really? Good thing i haven't seen it...Nagiasu is enough for me at the moment haha! I guess having multiple love lines is a strategy to reel us in but really it's kind of putting me off >.>
Old 2014-02-06, 20:09   Link #2126
Thess

Quote:
I was thinking more of the stupid and naive kind of nice guy where they let the girl take advantage of their feelings that never gets the girl.
Kaname isn't stupid or naive. He confessed he was only doing so much things to spend time with Chisaki, he had Hikari to confess to Manaka in front of her, knowing what she feels for Hikari. He reminded her twice he 'confessed' to her as if she was obligated to like him and give him an answer. This kind of behavior is obviously a mite emotionally manipulative. I don't think Kaname is a bad person, but his attitude to face Chisaki's feelings need to mature.

Do you know what a Nice Guy is? He is a 'Nice Guy' because he probably assumed he only had to wait patiently until Chisaki 'came around' because Hikari would never like her back. Only Tsumugu appeared.

When Hikari confessed again, he didn't pressure Manaka. He told her no matter what, she'll be precious to him. I'm bringing him up as contrast about how they handle their own feelings, Hikari, for all his immature behavior, acted far more mature and selfless. While Kaname was putting a selfless pretence.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-02-06, 20:11   Link #2127
Raine721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Kaname isn't stupid or naive. He confessed he was only doing so much things to spend time with Chisaki, he had Hikari to confess to Manaka to break her heart. He reminded her twice he 'confessed' to her as if she was obligated to like him and give him an answer. This kind of behavior is obviously a mite emotionally manipulative. I don't think Kaname is a bad person, but his attitude to face Chisaki's feelings need to mature.

Do you know what a Nice Guy is? He is a 'Nice Guy' because he probably assumed he only had to wait patiently until Chisaki 'came around' because Hikari would never like her back. Only Tsumugu appeared.

When Hikari confessed again, he didn't pressure Manaka. He told her no matter what, she'll be precious to him. I'm bringing him up as contrast.
Ah no you've misunderstood me >.>. I was saying in general the kind of nice guy that never gets the girl
Old 2014-02-06, 20:14   Link #2128
Thess

Quote:
Ah no you've misunderstood me >.>. I was saying in general the kind of nice guy that never gets the girl
I see. No. That bland generic 'nice' slot is filled by Miuna's suitor, in my opinion. All kids are nice to an extent, but the most obvious example is that guy.

Old 2014-02-06, 20:34   Link #2129
Excorsism

It sure is frustrating seeing Kaname be completely neglected in an episode like this. Why exactly was he even there?
Old 2014-02-06, 20:37   Link #2130
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
It sure is frustrating seeing Kaname be completely neglected in an episode like this. Why exactly was he even there?
The graveyard "cave" didn't collapse on him, so I'd say it was a victory for him already.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:41   Link #2131
Thess

Quote:
His characterization? He would have gone to the village to investigate.

Old 2014-02-06, 20:45   Link #2132
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Without Kaname, it would have been just Hikari and Miuna... It's probably not hard to see how that could give off the wrong vibe for what this episode was aiming for.

Besides, how was Kaname "completely neglected"? I wonder what people want or expect for him? I mean, he seemed to have a reasonable number of lines and overall presence in this episode, given that he's simply not as important a character as Hikari (male lead) and Miuna (female lead) are.
Old 2014-02-06, 20:46   Link #2133
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
to be parallel with sayu?

With Manaka's return, all of this love polygon will be solved in next valnetine, right? Ups, is it valentine yet in the story?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:08   Link #2134
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Agreed. The role for this character can't even be considered as secondary. The only time he gets pulled into the story is whenever this author needs to create a "what a twist" moment. Judging by the briefest of exposition Kaname's character got in the show, he is anything but a thoughtless nice guy or naive. In at least couple of occasion (as Thess pointed out) he had been pretty passive aggressive with his intention. Unfortunately for the Kaname fans, he is nothing but a mule to this author who is quickly forgotten if there isn't any load to carry.

Episode was hilarious. I am looking forward to the ovulating girl's return and how she is going to cope with some of these issues about not aging, Tsumugu, Chisaki, and our loud mouth protagonist that are waiting for her. This show has been the best day-time soap opera of anime in years. I am still clinging to the hope for an NTR where Hikari's spirit is crushed and all the ladies are divided between Kaname and Tsumugu.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:20   Link #2135
deadite

I wonder if there is any reason why the sea kind are naked at hibernation. I have a feeling something else woke Hikari and Kaname up.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:22   Link #2136
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Episode was hilarious. I am looking forward to the ovulating girl's return and how she is going to cope with some of these issues about not aging, Tsumugu, Chisaki, and our loud mouth protagonist that are waiting for her. This show has been the best day-time soap opera of anime in years. I am still clinging to the hope for an NTR where Hikari's spirit is crushed and all the ladies are divided between Kaname and Tsumugu.
You could say it's a late-night soap opera
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:24   Link #2137
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I wonder if there is any reason why the sea kind are naked at hibernation. I have a feeling something else woke Hikari and Kaname up.
They aren't - Hikari's father and the two old men who were hibernating, as examples, wore clothes.

But it could be something else woke those two up. Not much of that explained yet if I remember correctly....
Old 2014-02-06, 21:32   Link #2138
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
You could say it's a late-night soap opera
Consider yourself as privileged because all I get is infomercial.

Btw, the one thing that got to me was when Hikari started to yell at Miuna. I literally wanted to tell him, "hey, eff you biatch. Without her you wouldn't even be here. So how about groveling on her feet with your head down and let her groom you as her future mate?" A few seconds later, I was laughing so hard when both Hikari and Kaname wonder off after telling Miuna to not to go anywhere. And then they come back and wonder why Miuna didn't stay in that exact position where Kaname told her to stand-still and pretend she was an inanimate statue.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 22:02   Link #2139
Zangor17

looks like hikari and manaka may finally get together in episode 19. i do hope so it will be the first pair since his sister's whole thing and the next episode preview seems to indicate something is gonna happen between the two, unless he's talking to her unconscious body which i doubt since she seemed to be waking up a bit at the end of this episode.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 22:10   Link #2140
Meltyred

Or Manaka dies and we get 1 episode of Hikari depressed all day.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen