AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-05-01, 20:52   Link #21
KBTKaiser

I'm a loyal August and Circus fan. ^^; Although I have begun to branch out into Leaf...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 21:13   Link #22
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser
I'm a loyal August and Circus fan. ^^; Although I have begun to branch out into Leaf...
Hehe... and these are good days for fans of all three companies, especially on the anime front, I must say.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 21:30   Link #23
KBTKaiser

yep. Circus with two seasons, plenty of Leaf going around, and a 2nd August work is coming soon.

*worships Mako(2nd be Nemu), Tamaki(2nd be Aruruu) and Feena(2nd be Yuki)* ^^;
Old 2006-05-01, 21:31   Link #24
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Haven't watched Utawarerumono yet, though I kinda wanna start soon.

As for the demo, mm...all characters look good, though I gotta say Otome, Yume, Nanaka, Koko and Anzu look the most interesting so far.

As for the anime titles...I dunno, I think I'm kinda jaded of harem style anime. I don't enjoy them as much nowadays.
Old 2006-05-01, 21:36   Link #25
KBTKaiser

For some of them, it's very apparent.
Otome got the responsible side of Nemu.
Yume got the selfish side of Nemu.

Nanaka got a good dose of pranking in her blood somehow...(Kotori: Asakura-kun no Ijiwaru~)

Koko seems to be the one that tries to be sensible, given the band quartet's composition(Nanaka, Wataru, Yoshiyuki).

Anzu is just...how do I put this...Devil's Advocate? ^^;
Old 2006-05-01, 21:39   Link #26
◕‿‿◕

Yeah, Nanaka's funny.

I like the fact that Yume's the new kattarui'er. She seems to be kinda childish and a bit of a smartass too. Maybe more level headed than Nemu was, but at the same time more immature.

Otome, mm...that comic in the official site makes me think she has an evil side to her, which makes her more interesting.
Old 2006-05-01, 21:43   Link #27
KBTKaiser

well, she is a year younger than Nemu was during DC(wearing green ribbon, which was a year younger to Nemu's yellow ribbon), so some immaturity is expected, yes?
Old 2006-05-01, 21:45   Link #28
◕‿‿◕

Yeah. I didn't mean it in a negative way either, mind you; I like her being a smartass and her childishness. I certainly like Nemu's grandaughters a lot than Nemu herself, for sure. At least for now.

And in the beginning she's actually in 7th grade, right?
Old 2006-05-01, 22:01   Link #29
KBTKaiser

this prologue game puts her in 7th, yes. the Actual Game begins with her in 8th.
Old 2006-05-01, 22:13   Link #30
◕‿‿◕

Ahh, and the voices are good. Nanaka's is...mehhhish actually, compared to the others, but not bad. But I like Yume's and especially Otome's.

And one comment I hadn't made - wow, Akane's are a lot bigger than anyone's ever were in the DCverse.

I think even that grown up Sakura from DCWS had smaller ones.
Old 2006-05-01, 23:02   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
Ahh, and the voices are good. Nanaka's is...mehhhish actually, compared to the others, but not bad. But I like Yume's and especially Otome's.

And one comment I hadn't made - wow, Akane's are a lot bigger than anyone's ever were in the DCverse.

I think even that grown up Sakura from DCWS had smaller ones.
LOL. Yeah... they're... pretty hard to avoid...

One of the things I'm wondering, in light of the large (not that!) character chart, is how many of the characters will have full stories this round, and how many are just secondary. Obviously, the "core 6" have been established (as in the first game, I'm sure they're the ones with the strongest connection to the tree), but I'm wondering how far they're going to go with the other ones. If I were the cynical type, I'd probably guess that they're just giving us the preview for the inevitable "P.C." version ("now with the stories we cut from the first version!"). Well, not that I care, though - even if it does end up just being the 6, I won't be disappointed... and I'm sure I'd buy the follow-up anyway...

As for voices (and overall character impressions), I'd have to say actually that the one that surprised me the most was Koko. Never really caught my interest initially, didn't really like the character design too much at first, but she actually seems like a pretty fun character. The voices for the two Asakura girls surprised me a bit, but I like them; they're very distinctive and really give good definition to the characters and their personalities. Seems to me like pretty good casting all around, though I have to admit that I'm wondering which VAs they're going to transition to for the PS2 version and anime... We'll have to wait and see, of course.
Old 2006-05-01, 23:30   Link #32
KBTKaiser

Akane's definitely broken the record of bust size in the DC world, yes. >>;
Old 2006-05-02, 07:09   Link #33
KBTKaiser

staff blog update by the scenario writer...
Old 2006-05-04, 15:19   Link #34
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Sorry I can't read Japanese but can anyone tell if it's officially stated that Otome and Yume are Junichi AND Nemu's grandchildren (obviously they're hinting at it but from what I've read, there's no mention of Nemu anywhere so far.)

And I doubt the principal Sakura is the same Sakura from DC.. she'd be an old lady now after 50 something years.. then again, she's got magic so who knows.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 16:15   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Sorry I can't read Japanese but can anyone tell if it's officially stated that Otome and Yume are Junichi AND Nemu's grandchildren (obviously they're hinting at it but from what I've read, there's no mention of Nemu anywhere so far.)

And I doubt the principal Sakura is the same Sakura from DC.. she'd be an old lady now after 50 something years.. then again, she's got magic so who knows.
Well, I don't know if they've said so "officially", but that's one heck of a strong hint. It may be that they're going to reveal that backstory as part of the game, or it may be that they're going to leave it to the player's imagination (as in, "if they *really* want to believe they're not Nemu's grandkids, let them...") Who knows... (I'm also going to take a total stab in the dark here and guess that Nemu's probably dead... and for kicks, might as well also guess that the grandkids will refer to "grandma" in a generic sense, just to mess with people who want to connect the timelines.)

As for the Sakura though... again, no proof, but I think it's incredibly likely that it is in fact the same Sakura. They hinted that she's been around the school for "a long time now", she's the school principal, she has the exact same VA as the first game, and she still "hasn't aged a day" in appearances compared to the Sakura we know from the first game... If it's not the same Sakura, they've given us every reason to believe that she is. Plus, as AvatarST postulated before, they arguably need the Yoshino presense to make the "Da Capo" work - both her and Junichi being around will drive home the connection between the two timelines. As with the first point, though, obviously they're still being a bit vague on some of the backstory, but we should know a lot more in a few weeks time! (If you want more "stab-in-the-dark speculation", what if the tree's magic is keeping her alive forever, and she needs the grandkids' help to finally escape its power? Hmm...)
Old 2006-05-04, 16:25   Link #36
◕‿‿◕

Nemu dead? I don't think they'd kill her off, I think she'd make a cameo, like maybe the others...but then again, she had a weak constitution, so...but nahhh...I doubt it.

I dunno how come Sakura's still the same. How long did the tree stay dead post DC (or DCPC, or DCSG, or DCSS, or whatever )? How did it come back?
Old 2006-05-04, 16:50   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sakura's the same - i believe thats all that matters to me.

Wait a minute.. how old whole she be? o_o
Old 2006-05-04, 16:55   Link #38
◕‿‿◕

Sakura? Well, 52 years have passed since DC, and she was either 15 or 16 by the end of that, so...67 or 68.

Sakura was either 14 or 15 in 9th grade, DC ends when she's HS first year...then there's DCWS which is midways through HS 1st year, and I think DCSV is more or less at the start of the 2nd HS year, so she should've been 16 back then. I think it's 52 years after DC though, not after any of its sequels.
Old 2006-05-04, 17:17   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm sure they'll add something for her not aging.. its been done before. ^^;
Old 2006-05-04, 17:26   Link #40
◕‿‿◕

She didn't age actually - she looks the same. I'm just saying what her real age is.

Oh, if you mean -why- she didn't, I think it's obviously the sakura tree. It's still in full bloom. I guess it must've come back to life shortly after DC, because Sakura doesn't look like she's aged even 3 or 4 years...then again, maybe it was there for longer, she looks just as loli in DCSV and DCSS so I guess she's not one to age well...or to age very well depending on how you look at it.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel