AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-21, 20:01   Link #21
dahilig007
KKK Ninja Division

Send a message via Yahoo to dahilig007
yeah!! That's gonna be cool!
Old 2007-05-25, 18:51   Link #22
dahilig007
KKK Ninja Division

Send a message via Yahoo to dahilig007
yeah!! that would be really! really! cool!! woo!
Old 2007-05-28, 22:48   Link #23
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
You Kaede-fans are a piece of work...

-.-

I love Kaede too but damn Rin has to live a life for himself too.
Old 2007-05-29, 00:27   Link #24
HarryMcKenzie

add 1 thing
kaede going naked seducing rin
but rin doesnt care ..

ohhh hes . damn too lucky
but just an insensitive brat
Old 2007-05-29, 11:33   Link #25
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Yeah, because, you can't deny the fact that at the time Kaede was experiencing a breakdown right in front of Rin's eyes, so, sleeping with her WOULDN'T exaggerate the problem to phenomenal levels. Not to mention that for the past five or so years their relationship hasn't evolved past friends so sleeping with her wouldn't feel the least bit awkward to Rin, as, it might be like sleeping with his little sister.

My opinions may differ from other Kaede fans on how he treated her and how she took it, but Kaede slipping into his bed naked and, in tears, asking him to do anything he wanted to her, and by him turning her down DOESN'T make him the bad guy. She wasn't in there because she wanted to sleep with him, she was in there as a last-ditch effort to get him to stop seeing Asa because she wanted him all to herself. Sleeping with her would be the absolute WORST thing he could have done.
Old 2007-05-29, 13:03   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

whew... someone actually played necromancy lately...

well, let's avoid the usual "rin is a pure bastard" rant, let's face the facts :
Kaede anime insanity was pretty slow. there were a LOT of hints, even if we ignore the 4th wall privilege.
heck, even primula was really worried, but rin was either switching girls, or flirting with asa.

the problem isn't that rin ended with someone else than kaede.
the problem is how Rin wasn't able to prevent the problem, and wasn't able to fix it correctly. (of course, i agree that rin shouldn't slept with Kaede during that scene. But running like that wasn't really the best idea.)

while i agree with your comment he can't live forever with her like an idiot due the anime circumstances (anime, since that problem wasn't even present in the game, even in asa's route IIRC), he did the worst action in a really bad timing.

this is really a shame that his character was really ternished by this drama, because he was much more... "bearable" in the game. (and was actually pretty much decent in Really? Really!, and this isn't because he ended with Kaede anyway)
Old 2007-05-29, 13:23   Link #27
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Well we've all decided that my opinion is completely different from others everyone else on this particular forum, so I won't get into it either.

But, like a lot of things in theanime, Rin didn't make many good decisions towards Kaede's attitude, and maybe running out wasn't the best idea. But there are a lot of people on here who think "Oh he didn't sleep with her when she so willingly gave herself to him" or "He didn't choose Kaede, he's a prick". You give a great arguement and it all comes down to how you see it. I don't agree with you completely but I also don't deny everyhting you say.

But a lot of people look at the bedroom scene very one-sided...ly and I just get tired of it. "He didn't sleep with her so he's a pussy," glad to know where your priorities stand.
Old 2007-06-01, 04:49   Link #28
HarryMcKenzie

ok just relax man that was just few words from me and i know im not intelligent..
im hope you are not reffering to me and i didnt say he was a pussy... cant you take a comment? its just an anime...
and im not really proficient with english here but i still respect this as an intelligent forum

good day.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:33   Link #29
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

I'm calm, but I think that particular scene you mentioned is a really bad case to use against him as he did the right thing there.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:07   Link #30
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Hey it's a good that he didn't do it in kaede when that scene happened but his actions in before that is unacceptable... after all this argument was already settled...it's a good thing that he chose and made his decision... let's try to move on... and hope for a new season that this kind of abuse will not happen again...

and if the writers cant decide.... will just have to write their names in a "notebook" and wait for 40 seconds....
Old 2007-06-03, 08:29   Link #31
KnekO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
You Kaede-fans are a piece of work...

-.-

I love Kaede too but damn Rin has to live a life for himself too.
True.It's his decision to gowith another one.one that is not a psycho
Old 2007-06-04, 23:24   Link #32
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnekO View Post
True.It's his decision to gowith another one.one that is not a psycho
QFT.

<3 Kaede, but I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley.
Old 2007-06-05, 19:26   Link #33
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Hey it's a good that he didn't do it in kaede when that scene happened but his actions in before that is unacceptable... after all this argument was already settled...it's a good thing that he chose and made his decision... let's try to move on... and hope for a new season that this kind of abuse will not happen again...
Agree. I don't know what I would think if he really did do something during that scene <.< ... and surely what his actions before that weren't very pleasant. Although I kinda wish it was Kaede ending with a sequel of Really? Really! (Though I'm not too sure what happens in the game Really? Really!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
QFT.

<3 Kaede, but I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley.
psycho Kaede was scary but <3 her anyway

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-06-06, 15:01   Link #34
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

and if the writers cant decide.... we'll just have to write their names in a "notebook" and wait for 40 seconds...

lol, Death Note?

EDIT: Rest of post dismantled.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-06-07 at 20:29.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:08   Link #35
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

aren't allowed in forum rules due to Shuffle being licensed to get out on english in autumn

but ... i must admit that i can't understand some of the more rapid kaedefans ... Rin have lived with Keade as brother and sister (they is as far as i remember cousins though i for the love of god can't remember where i saw that ... might have been the game) ... and therefore the mere thought about getting a sexuel relationship with her is out of question if he wants to live with himself ... that he then is naive and doesn't notice and stop it in time is, yeah his mistake ... but not something that causes that the whole blame can be placed on him ... in terms of Keade he just acted sincere as to a younger sister
Old 2007-06-07, 04:31   Link #36
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

the problem is : there are various things which lead it is beyond brother and sister. (not only for the obvious ones from kaede, but the other around too.)
not as much as in the game and R?R!, but still.
frankly, the very first time i watched shuffle! (and that without any information from the games), i could only see kaede and Asa as possible rin lovers, due the others awkward introductions and situations. then i conclude with kaede like at the third/half of the series. (and this is before any worshipping tendency XD)

if we consider both games as canon, things are a bit hard for the 4 other girls to hit on Rin successfully.
Old 2007-06-07, 12:03   Link #37
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-06-07 at 14:22. Reason: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-06-07, 12:16   Link #38
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Hashiri, watch what you say before you get banned, if you're not going to already. You ask for torrents again and I'll report you.

Maybe from the game perspective there is more of a relationship past siblings but for the life of me I can't see anything (from Rin's perspective) in the anime. Sure he does care about her, but not so much that he shows any interest past siblings (not including the semi-nude to completely nude scenes with her, I don't care who you are if you had a sister like Kaede and saw her nude you'd get a little flustered too). I agree with you Devil, that I don't think he saw her much more than sister. Of course, he knew that she didn't see him as a brother, and to quickly put aside another arguements should have been quicker to react to it.
Old 2007-06-08, 10:26   Link #39
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... allready in the first ep we see what duncebag Rin is in terms of understanding Keade when he's questioning her dads sanity due to that he said something like that he would be allowed to do anything with Keade as they wanted and then commenting that he didn't protect his daughter proberly ... whereas Keade thinks her feather is overduing it and Rin then goes "uhh?"

so what ... Rin might not be the socially smartest man on earth ... its allways easier to see such things from a distence, either as another person or looking back in time ...
Old 2007-06-16, 04:00   Link #40
Khym Chanur

The problem is that the writers had to make Rin stupid in order for the drama to unfold the way they wanted. Take how Rin dealt with Primula. At the end of they day that he first meets her, what he knows (or thinks he knows) is: a twelve year old girl runs away from her home, runs away from her world, to find someone she's never met before, latches onto him like a barnacle when she meets him, and her family is fine with her moving in with him. If I'd been in Rin's situation, my response would have been "Holy crap, I have to call Child Protective Services now". At the very least, I would have demanded of the kings that they explain what the hell was going on. But no, that would have been bad for the drama of the story, so he acts like a moron so the story can unfold the way the writers want. It's the same with Kaede: he had to act like a moron to keep the story on track. When my willing suspension of disbelief is violated like that, I end up not hating that character, because I don't perceive him someone who could be real if it weren't for the fact that he's fictional, but as a puppet that's being clumsily jerked around by very obvious strings.
Closed Thread