AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-11-28, 20:52   Link #101
Echo_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Look no further than Lafiel in Crest of the Stars for stellar performance by this girl. Now this is a pretty difficult character to take on, one minute a cold blooded warrior and the next a young girl having to deal with an eccentric dad . Kanako from Genshiken is another fun role, having her go berzerk trying to hide her hobby was a hoot.
Ayako Kawasumi actually technically has a second voice role in Genshiken, she's also the vice-chairman, Kasumi Kisaragi(the black-haired one we almost never see), in Kujibiki Unbalance(the "anime-in-an-anime" inside the world of Genshiken).

As you might guess, she is my favorite seiyuu as well. There once was a time, when I first started watching anime, that I was watching Banner of the Stars , Ai Yori Aoshi, and Mahoromatic almost at the same time. The first time I ever tried to find out about seiyuu, I was absolutely stunned to realize that I was listening to the same person playing all three of the (blue-haired) lead roles
Echo_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 08:00   Link #102
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Umm... very difficult for me to list them all. So I list the ones that I can remember.

Koyasu Takehito
Kawasumi Ayako
Kawakami Tomoko
Hisakawa Aya
Namikawa Daisuke
Shimizu Ai

Nakahara Mai
Mizuki Nana
Seki Tomokazu
Orikasa Ai
Hayashibara Megumi
Kurata Masayo
Ueda Yuji

There are a lot more actually.
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 09:20   Link #103
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Gotou Yuuko

Kaede in Shuffle
Mikuru in SHnY
Nanami in Lamune

and a number of other stuff
Old 2006-05-29, 09:29   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Right now theres only 1 voice actor that has all my attention:

Hirano Aya - Suzumiya Haruhi
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 11:27   Link #105
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Ginpei Sato for Jin of Samurai Champloo. man, what can i say. first line from the show and i was done for. i'm not the type who fangirls or have i ever been affected by anything this much before but he changes that lol. just the right level of seriousness, deepness, calmness, soothness it just completely blows me away. nay, mesmerizes me on the spot. crisp and refreshing, yeah... oh yeah.
Akira Sasanuma for Dearka Elthman of Gundam SEED. i like how he made the character sound so suave.
Akira Ishida for Saburo of Keroro Gunso. lol, weird is it? none of the usual he's well known for. i just would like him to do more roles where he's carefree like Saburo.
Ryuuzo Ishino for Chang Wufei of Gundam Wing. lol, odd choice?
Noriaki Sugiyama best known for Sasuke of Naruto. if it weren't for Nontan's bashfulness i never would have forgiven Sasuke, lol. it was beyond unbelievable and totally adorable when the person behind the character turned out to be the complete opposite.
Kenji Nojima for Taira of Beck MCS. the calm voice made an already cool character even more cooler.
Takahiro Sakurai for Susumu of Peacemaker Kurogane. ARGH. heard him first as the very popular Cloud Strife but i thought i'd leave him alone after he has legions of fans already. but just as i finished PMK some weeks ago... he got to me. =_=
Mayumi Asano for Claus of Last EXILE. props for making Claus even more adorable and lovable than he already is.
Fumiko Orikasa for Meia Gisborn of Vandread. strict commanding girls are always a nice change from the usual screechy high-pitched ones.
Miho Saiki for Maho of Beck MCS. deep and confident who means no funny business yet all female.
Romi Paku for Katsushiro Okamoto of Samurai 7. i thought the insecurity was an interesting change from the loud and spunky characters she usually does and is well known for (ie. FMA's Edo).
Houko Kuwashima for Kirika of Noir. she made a fragile character believable. that's why your jaw'd drop when she be transforms into a deadly assassin. amazing also for doing two distinctive characters at once in Gundam SEED (Natarle and Flay).
Junko Takeuchi for Naruto of Naruto. i remember a while back gaping at the monitor when i heard her talk in Naruto's voice in person because i really thought Naruto was voiced by a guy.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 12:19   Link #106
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Though it's cliched to metion her, Hayashibara Megumi was a favorite of mine for a long time because of her range. I alwas liked her "cute" roles, but seeing her play some surly adult characters really built my respect for her.

Watching Suzumiya Haruhi, I'm constantly entertained by Hirano Aya, Goto Yuko, and Chihara Minori. These are the only roles I know them from, so I don't know just how far their talent reaches, but I know I like all three of them (and not just because I'm enjoying the show).

But, from the same show, I was actually very impressed with Sugita Tomogazu, who plays Kyon. I very rarely take note of male seiyuu because they tend to sound the same, but even if his voice isn't particularly unique, he has an ability to deliver his lines in a way that is overly dramatic without sounding too unnatural.

Even more recently, after watching REC, I was impressed by Sakai Kanako. Though she's able to deliver the cute vocals, her strength and clarity in delivering the heavier, more adult-sounding vocals (such as translations of Audrey Hepburn lines) were phenomenal.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 13:11   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

One of my all time fav' seiyuu's has to be Hitomi Nabatame. <3

Some of my fav' work by her:

Arcueid - Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Nobue - Ichigo Mashimaro
Margery Daw - Shakugan no Shana
Vivienne - Ultimate Girls
Izumi - Uta~Kata

Also, i can't leave out Daisuke Ono - he came alive in Air for me as Yukito Kunisaki. Thanks do that Yukito became my fav' character. ^^

Can't forget is other work as well:

Asuta - Kasimasi ~Girl Meets Girl~
Itsuki - Suzumiya Haruhi
Old 2006-05-30, 02:16   Link #108
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai
I very rarely take note of male seiyuu because they tend to sound the same, but even if his voice isn't particularly unique, he has an ability to deliver his lines in a way that is overly dramatic without sounding too unnatural.
i take it, you're a guy?

Old 2006-05-30, 02:41   Link #109
KBTKaiser

Hayashibara Megumi takes the top spot given her broad range of roles, including some game-only ones (Patricia Hackman BANZAI).

Horie Yui is definitely in my top list for her singing in Da Capo as Shirakawa Kotori(I may be a Nemu and Mako supporter, but Soyokaze no Harmony is too good)

Midorikawa Hikaru tops the list for males, especially his game roles(Masaki "Where am I now?" Andou) along with some recent anime roles (Master Therion)
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 03:05   Link #110
tritoch

Tanaka Rie (Lacus from GS;GSD, Simca from Air Gear)
Takahashi Mikako (Ayu from H&C, Rika from Hantsuki)
Ise Mariya (Ringo from Air Gear, also she's fairly new)
Hisakawa Aya (Haruhi from Ouran Host Club; Ami from Sailor Moon )

Sugita Tomokazu (Mayama from H&C, Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu)
Ueda Yuji (http://www.animenfo.com/animeseiyuu,...ueda_yuji.html for all his works.. there's alot)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 03:32   Link #111
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Hisakawa Aya (Haruhi from Ouran Host Club; Ami from Sailor Moon )
I thought Maaya Sakamoto voiced Haruhi in Ohran.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 04:37   Link #112
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser

Horie Yui is definitely in my top list for her singing in Da Capo as Shirakawa Kotori(I may be a Nemu and Mako supporter, but Soyokaze no Harmony is too good)
Oh yeah, forgot about her.
Seconded
Old 2006-05-30, 06:03   Link #113
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For the longest time, Horie Yui was my favorite seiyuu. However, recently I've been impressed by the different roles Nakahara Mai has been able to do, with me being unable to pinpoint it was her for every one of them. Then singing Million Love in Kage Kara Mamoru IN CHARACTER pushed it over the top, and then hearing her sweet, psychotic, and serious renditions of Rena's "Kana? Kana?" in Higurashi sealed the deal for me.

For male VAs (to which I don't pay as much attention to as females, I got to admit), Sugita Tomokazu is probably the only one that sticks to my mind. I've been impressed by his Mayama in H&C, and unlike most of the KKK fan club members, actually liked his performance in Shuffle!.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 06:23   Link #114
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Thumbs up

Mine is Miki I just admire and appreciate him in Fmp as Kurz Webber and Urahara in Bleach

Shinichiro Miki 三木 眞一郎
According to the Internet Movie Database and as of First Quarter 2006, Miki is the second most prolific seiyū behind Takehito Koyasu with almost 200 voice credits to his name.

Main Roles

Spoiler for big list:

Cast in:

Spoiler for big list:

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-05-30 at 06:38.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 06:57   Link #115
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Junko Minagawa. I have a fetish for boyish voices and she's the best! Next would be Romi Paku, can't forget her.
Old 2006-05-30, 09:39   Link #116
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
Junko Minagawa. I have a fetish for boyish voices and she's the best! Next would be Romi Paku, can't forget her.
in that case, how about Mitsuki Saiga?
i thought Sakamoto does well surprisingly for Haruhi. (listening to Gravity, you wouldn't think she could do it :P)

Old 2006-05-30, 23:11   Link #117
Chiro-Chan

Location: Chiro lives in Oregon, nyo.. It's too cold and wet here.. *shiver* I wanna live with Fluffy-butt!
Send a message via AIM to Chiro-Chan
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This thread seems to have been written so I might rant about my favorite seiyuu EVER...

...Koyasu Takehito...

But because I'm not supposed to be forum hopping right now, you're all spared my rant. Just know that Koyasu-sama is G.O.D...Or as close as anyone's gonna get... <33333
Chiro-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 23:17   Link #118
Chiro-Chan

Location: Chiro lives in Oregon, nyo.. It's too cold and wet here.. *shiver* I wanna live with Fluffy-butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
Sorry if this is a double post, but I gotta agree. Romi Paku needs her props. Ren, Edo, Ken... She's the best. <3 *luffles Romi-chan.*
Old 2006-05-30, 23:18   Link #119
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiro-Chan
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This thread seems to have been written so I might rant about my favorite seiyuu EVER...

...Koyasu Takehito...

But because I'm not supposed to be forum hopping right now, you're all spared my rant. Just know that Koyasu-sama is G.O.D...Or as close as anyone's gonna get... <33333
Sorry i had to say this but it really bothered me but your pink blinds my eyes, i can't read what you just wrote heh heh XP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well going back on topic mine is

3, 2, 1

Spoiler:
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 23:21   Link #120
Chiro-Chan

[color=v--Oops!

I guess I can post in normal black.. *pout*