AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-20, 14:29   Link #981
Shadow5YA

Shioon seems to be implying that Chang Ho's Soul Crushing Strike is a cheap knockoff.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 16:47   Link #982
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
As the story goes on in this new story arc it seems Shinoon becoming more and more badass.

Also it seems like if you have one arm you are elite lol
Old 2011-05-20, 19:39   Link #983
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Also it seems like if you have one arm you are elite lol
Maybe we should see to that a "Kids, don't try this at home! Having your arm in a sling doesn't automatically make you 100 times more badass than you usually are!" is added in somewhere..
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 20:09   Link #984
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Maybe we should see to that a "Kids, don't try this at home! Having your arm in a sling doesn't automatically make you 100 times more badass than you usually are!" is added in somewhere..
If your able to pull off that stuff, while one arm is in a sling then you are automatically 100 times more badass. It's just that the sling itself doesn't make you more badass it's your capabilities while handicapped that make you more badass.

Although I'm sure most children would realise this already, unless they were exceptionally dumb.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:15   Link #985
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Seconded.
Thirded.

I'm so glad to be wrong.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 14:18   Link #986
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riltz View Post
Spoiler:
Dont look into it. He only assumed its sae because he bulled her in the past. He never bullied sosul or jinni as far as I know, so he should not be talking about them, right?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 14:40   Link #987
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Dont look into it. He only assumed its sae because he bulled her in the past. He never bullied sosul or jinni as far as I know, so he should not be talking about them, right?
Sae-hee is the only one of the 3 that's actually ever been called his girlfriend... It's pretty obvious the guy currently cares about Sae-hee more than the other girls. It's not even really debateable. She was his sole reason learning martial arts and he shows the greatest emotional response towards anything that regards her. Both girls know this as well which is why they're insecure in the first place. Whether, she remains the most important person in his life outside of NAD only time will tell.

Looking at it from his point of view it's quite understandable. I mean he had to win Sosul over, and he's always had a brother sister relationship with her, and nothing signifcant has happened between him and Jinnie. They've only spent a small amount of time together in comparison to him a Sae-hee.

Until something signicant happens between him and Jinnie (or rather lots of signicant things..), or he finally see's Sosul as I women it's no wonder why he cares about Sae-hee more.
Old 2011-05-21, 14:49   Link #988
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'll wait on A-Team's and see what the "girlfriend" translation really is. They're more reliable...

As for Shioon, he's the typical captain clueless when it comes to the girls. I don't expect it to play a big part that much in the story anyways. Also unless it comes directly from his mouth don't assume any sort of relationship with any of the girls. I never heard him refer to Sosul as sister, nor Sae-hee as girlfriend...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 14:56   Link #989
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'll wait on A-Team's and see what the "girlfriend" translation really is. They're more reliable...

As for Shioon, he's the typical captain clueless when it comes to the girls. I don't expect it to play a big part that much in the story anyways. Also unless it comes directly from his mouth don't assume any sort of relationship with any of the girls. I never heard him refer to Sosul as sister, nor Sae-hee as girlfriend...
It doesn't have to be stated for it not to be blatantly obvious. She looks about 12 to him, and he clearly doesn't lust after her, so you'd have to be pretty blinded by bias to think otherwise.

Sae-hee's been called his girlfriend to his face by several characters and he's never once refuted it. If she isn't already his girlfriend, she's pretty dam close to it.
Old 2011-05-21, 15:14   Link #990
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yes and Shioon asking the name of the girl would have been comical

Chang-Ho : Don't worry if you die, I'll take very good care of your girlfriend.
Shioon : Sorry but can you precise the name of the girl ??
Chang-Ho : What ??
Shioon : Your speaking about Saehee, Sosul, Jinie or Sera.
Chang-Ho : The first one
Shioon : If you bother Saehee again I'll put you in a worse state than you are in now!
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 15:28   Link #991
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Sae-hee's been called his girlfriend to his face by several characters and he's never once refuted it.
He didn't refute the doctor who called Jinie his "girlfriend" either, you know
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 15:52   Link #992
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Looks like he's just immune to the "she's not my girlfriend" trope.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 17:35   Link #993
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

If they're the ones who did Part I, then they are also the ones who used "girlfriend."

I vaguely recall this being brought up before, and I think someone said that the actual word has a weaker connotation than "girlfriend."
Old 2011-05-21, 17:43   Link #994
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm glad I was wrong and Shioon didn't get his ass kicked in. Although it might be too early to celebrate, depending on how strong his punch was and how well that guy can take a hit. Although it took Shioon long enough to realize that you don't need Ki to do everything, ki just enhances, it's not the end all be all.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 17:49   Link #995
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... To a point, but against, say, a guy who specialize in iron body, he could hit him all day long and not do a thing.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 18:10   Link #996
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
... To a point, but against, say, a guy who specialize in iron body, he could hit him all day long and not do a thing.
Yeah but Iron body is slow. He may not be able to hurt them but he can most probably dodge their attacks and get the hell outta there if he wanted to.
Old 2011-05-21, 18:57   Link #997
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ Then he'd go have some fun with Saehee. Shioon'd still need to fight.
Old 2011-05-21, 21:07   Link #998
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Sure you can, there are parts of the body that no matter how hard u train you cannot strengthen. i.e. The center of the throat, the eyes, the crotch, the tendons that holds your joints together, the solaplex, the nose, ears, mouth, the pinky, base of tailbone, top of the foot, shins.
Old 2011-05-21, 21:14   Link #999
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Sure you can, there are parts of the body that no matter how hard u train you cannot strengthen. i.e. The center of the throat, the eyes, the crotch, the tendons that holds your joints together, the solaplex, the nose, ears, mouth, the pinky, base of tailbone, top of the foot, shins.
You can be trained to protect those areas. There's a Muay Thai instructor I know who knew how to retract his balls on will. He told one of his students to kick him and it did no damage.
Old 2011-05-21, 21:45   Link #1000
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You can be trained to protect those areas. There's a Muay Thai instructor I know who knew how to retract his balls on will. He told one of his students to kick him and it did no damage.
Try doing a frontal shot right into the shaft. A majority of the areas I've listed have no muscle on them, it's just skin, bone and nerves. The reason why real Muay Thai fighters don't feel pain in areas such as the shin is because they deaden the nerves by repeatedly striking with them. It becomes effective for combat, but at the same time becomes a double edge sword that shortens a healthy life.

Still a majority of the listed parts still stand. And "leverage" is also an important factor as well in a fight, well that all depends on how willing you are to incapacitating your opponent.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves