AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-20, 16:50   Link #21
Ansa

Honestly I just think people can't understand her more then anything, she may not have had the worst life but what people fail to realize even if that's true what's happened to her has effected her more so psychologically then any other character (except Hinamori but she's out of commission anyway), it's because of these thats she's so desperately trying to be of use because she's afraid of all the other people she knows and cares about will either leave her or end up dead, through it all she's always putting on a cheerful face that everyone else sees through but no one's really tried to help, to Ichi and the rest they feel as though just being besides Orihime is enough but they don't realize the very depth of nurturing she needs because of her lack of a real family growing up which is generally why she acts so childish for her age, and she clings onto Ichigo because first off obviously she's in love with him but because she's afraid that if she doesn't that he'll just forget about her or she'll lose what she may consider the only 'family' she has left.

I can see why people really dislike her but I really don't think she's really had a time to truly express herself, sure she's actually given a large part of the storyline (majorly this arc) but throughout it all what depth have we actually seen of how she is really feeling, about all we're really told is that A. She's afraid of being useless (and thinking that her friends will abandon her, a good support of this is when the store clerk guy who's name I can't remember right now tells her that he's leaving her out of the fight against the Arrancar, she's really yet to truly realize how frighteningly powerful she really is and she took this as that she's useless when as we already know it was meant to avoid her getting targeted by Aizen). And that she really cares about Ichigo the rest of it (such as living alone or her parents/brothers deaths) is only mentioned every so often.

I really can't guess where her character is going, honestly I can see a few outcomes among those being that she dies a very pitiful death which is the only time she really gets a chance to express herself (this would likely be done in order to advance the overall storyline and get Ichigo really, REALLY pissed off), the other ideas I have for her future are really going to be based off what happens in the rest of this arc honestly.

One other thing I'd thought I'd mention has anyone noticed that her powers almost resemble that of a child's idea of a power? What I mean is that it's as if her powers (no matter what they are as we still don't have any kind of idea how/where her powers came from, Chad also has strange powers but we got a general idea of his already) are actually a physical form of a family she always wanted to have, not only that but as to the childish aspect they are fairy's that cast magic spells, it's almost as if it'd be in a child's picture book or something like that, I really think that has meaning that we have yet to really see. Thinking about it, it may be far to soon to consider killing her off.

And if she continues to live past this arc I've really got to wonder... what would happen if something WOULD (if only temporally) happen to Ichigo? Thinking about it I get 3 outcomes, the first is that she breaks down completely is becomes completely lost in her own mind, the second is that she goes completely insane and massively kills whoever hurt Ichigo... the third... well... it may depend on whatever happens in the future but honestly I can see her losing control of her powers in such a way that the rest of the cast has simply no choice but to kill her...

Yes I feel sorry for Orihime.
Old 2007-06-20, 19:48   Link #22
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

If orihime was in any other manga she just might be the most tragic character, but hey, this is bleach, almost everybody have a sadder life than her. Besides, she have her brother who she knows will always love her, a whole bunch of friends who are always their for her.I mean, as long as she stop the whole emo and "kurosaki kun" thing, she's a very lucky person. I'm not saying this as if I don't like her and stuff, it's just that I really can't think of any reason why she should be pitied. (because her crush doesn't like her back? Then she seriously need to get a life)
Old 2007-06-20, 20:01   Link #23
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Sympathy or pity hardly. Orihime is one of the few side characters in bleach I just want kubo to kill off. Not in a dramatic way just kind of anti-climactic, oh well she wasn't really that important any way. You know kind of like how they kill off side characters in gundam, from friendly fire or cross fire durng another plot. But unfortunately, the chances of that happening are slim.
Old 2007-06-20, 20:33   Link #24
SaraPandora27

Yeah, I'm sorry if this is gonna sting those die-hard Inoue fans out there but the only development I can think of her is to maybe sacrifice herself - just to show that she's useful for something.

I mean, she IS useful, her powers are extraordinary but, MAN, she's gotta grow some backbone, be more confident of her power and tone down that mad obsession she had with Ichigo (it's driving me nuts, makes me wanna reach out to her, grab her collar and slap some sense into her).

It's not like she's weak, come on, she slapped Ulquiorra, right, but she's just.. man.. dumb. She needs to sort out her priorities. There's so much tragedy that one can take and trust me, she's not the ONLY one with issues.
Old 2007-06-20, 21:06   Link #25
Vicious108

Lets face it, Inoue is just plain emo, I hate that word and how people use it all the time, but its true.
Old 2007-06-20, 21:56   Link #26
Monkey D. Luffy

Not really I'm bored of her character and her whole place in the story she's obviously strong but keeps telling herself shes weak and can't do anything. it seems she wants people to be sorry for her and I'm just tired of her acting like an idiot all over the place.
Old 2007-06-21, 01:24   Link #27
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

I agree on the "orihime trying to have other people feel sorry for her" part, but it is against her original character, orihime is supposed to be a strong and caring person but some how now she's just a emo who always think she's weak. Who's fault is that? KT, everybody KNOWS that he have a thing for big boobs and orihime, after the SS arc, KT have been repeatingly trying to move the attension to orihime and trying to make everybody like her, but now all it did is to turn orihime into some kind of person who is stubborn, dumb, and just sad all the times. the fans are probably now all tierd of her whenever she appears
Old 2007-06-21, 01:31   Link #28
SaraPandora27

Her character has turned into a really pathetic one. I hope KT would be able to rectify the situation before everybody else thinks that she's better off ... dead.
Old 2007-06-21, 14:50   Link #29
solarknight123

I guess the reason i picked "yes" was because her character is getting really pathetic and annoying. I mean she turned into a real "damsel in distress" and is practically useless right now. All her friends right now are fighting and she's just sitting and crying about how much of a burden she is. Yet i don't want her do die because she still has potential to be one of the most powerful characters in the series. Aizen said it himself, her powers can "enter the realm of gods" or something like that, yet she has yet to use that potential. Heck even her "healing powers can probably be offensive if she learned how. If she wanted she could whip someone from existence like she planed to with the Hōgyoku. Wasn't it said that the strength of her heart gives her "faireies" strength. Every time tsubaki is defeted easily is because of her lack of a killing intent and her getle nature. What if she had the killing intent of kenpachi, think about how powerful tsubaki might be. I'm really hoping her character improves and she gets a backbone instead of everyone always saving her.
Old 2007-06-21, 17:59   Link #30
Alea Misa

Quote:
"enter the realm of gods"
"Violate the realm of the "gods".

*sigh* I'm also getting bored and tired of her passive and child like attitude.
Either she contributes to the group, or she doesn't and she either fades into the background, or gets killed off by the enemies to provoke Ichigo and perhaps the other group to fight.

Quote:
it's because of these thats she's so desperately trying to be of use because she's afraid of all the other people she knows and cares about will either leave her or end up dead, through it all she's always putting on a cheerful face that everyone else sees through but no one's really tried to help, to Ichi and the rest they feel as though just being besides Orihime is enough but they don't realize the very depth of nurturing she needs because of her lack of a real family growing up which is generally why she acts so childish for her age, and she clings onto Ichigo because first off obviously she's in love with him but because she's afraid that if she doesn't that he'll just forget about her or she'll lose what she may consider the only 'family' she has left.
Inoue wasn't abused by her parents, she was abandoned by them. At least that is the translation I read.
I can sympathize with what she went through, but I'm so tired of the way she keeps making it an excuse with the way she is acting. To me, Inoue isn't in 'love' with Ichigo, she uses him as a shield to her 'fears', that is why she clings to him. I agree that her lack of family could have contributed to her feelings of abandonment, but other characters didn't have much family either, look at Rukia, Ishida, they had crappy and hard lives, and their "family" life was so unstable, that is if they would be considered 'real family'. All of the characters experienced alot of pain and with people 'abandoning' them. It isn't fair to the other characters.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:30   Link #31
Ichigo_Strife728

Am I the only one who actually likes this girl? I mean if you can see past her faults, you can see that Orihime is a nice and sweet girl, who's just trying to protect her friends, but she can't. So what if she keeps crying? She's 15, I mean if you were in enemy territory at age 15, wouldn't you shed a tear?
Old 2007-06-21, 23:31   Link #32
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo_Strife728 View Post
So what if she keeps crying? She's 15, I mean if you were in enemy territory at age 15, wouldn't you shed a tear?
You could say that about nearly every character in Bleach but like someone said before, unlike Orihime, everyone kept himself or herself strong instead of making themselves a drama queen.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-22, 00:23   Link #33
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

To add what Forever_Young had said

Spoiler for Savin Space:
Old 2007-06-22, 00:38   Link #34
kagato3

You know I'm not seeing how Orihime has been more of a "Drama Queen" then most of the other characters. All of her "emo" moments have been because of real things she has been helpless to prevent. 1) A person she deeply cares about (Ichigo) has become more and more depressed and withdrawn or a long time span (about a month) and she can do nothing to left his spirits.
2) When a friend comes along that is able to help his depression she at first is jealous of her (but she never acts on these feelings) but then starts hateing herself for feeling that way in the first place.
3) She finds out that Azien is planning to destroy everything she holds dear and when she asks to help she is basicly told "you're useless and not to get involved"
4) she is held hostage with the threat that her capters will kill her and everyone she holds dear if she does not coperate and she has little hope of ever returning to her life.
5) A group of her friends has come to get her and she has been feeling them "die"

Remember form her kidnapping to the currnt chapter has been 3 to 4 days at most and she had return to normal well before it happend after she started her month long training with Rukia. I don't know about you but I would find any one of the things that have happend since she was kidnapped fairly depressing and all of them have been happening one right after another so that every time she has a chance to begin to regain her balance something worse happens

If she is emo the so is just about everyone else in the show. Ichigo wollowed in selfpity for a month because of his hollow side. Chad nearly broke down in tears when Ichigo impleyed he was useless. Rukia was even worse then Orihime when she was impriosoned, she had lost the will to live and thought she should die. And reacted simalerly when she thought Ichigo or Renji had died. Orihime has at least stood up to her capters.

She has never used her emotions to envoke pity on others infact she tries to hide them but fails misrably, how can one be a drama queen if you aren't playing up emotions. Orihime has always worn her heart on her sleave. You can always tell when she is happy or sad or the most rarest of all down right pissed and inspite of a tragic past has tryed to look at the bright side of life but events have made it so that for right now there is no bright side.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2007-06-22 at 00:59.
Old 2007-06-22, 00:47   Link #35
solarknight123

I kinda agree with Forever Young and Geta Boshi. I don't quite hate orihime per say buy she's annoying me with all her whining and uselessness. Other characters have had their share of bad experiences, if not more than orihime. Yet they all get stronger from them and don't cry about them so much. When she was told truthfully by urhara that she would be only a burden in the up coming battle, instead of crying about it she should have tried to get stronger. I mean this girl has powers that could very well equal that of a god's yet she's doing nothing with it. Im just hoping she gets a backbone and actualy becomes useful. Instead of a weak crying damsel in destress who always has to be rescued all the time. I hoping she improves instead of stay the same or she dies. It would be pretty cool if she killed an arrancar.
Old 2007-06-22, 01:21   Link #36
kagato3

And who was going to help her get stronger? Urhara, and Yoruichi by extention, basicly said "you're useless and don't get involved" that was when her break down happend. By the time she talked with Hatachi she had desided to get stronger on her own and then Rukia offered to help her and she spent a month training with her only to be kidnapped by someone who can beat Ichigo to death without breaking a swaet.

Orihime's main combat problem is that her atack power is based on her wanting the person dead and how strong her weapon is. She has only been in 3 fight in the manga the first one was with a fairly strong hollow that nearly killed ( or prehaps did kill) her best friend, she killed it in one hit. next was in SS verus a 3rd seat which she had nearly no killing intent behind, which the fairy yelled at her for. and finaly verus a espada which she was clearly outmatched power wise.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-06-22, 02:44   Link #37
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Tatsuki is not into boys/love , the only boy she had a crush on is drifting apart for her . She cant confess her feelings as she cant acknowledge them herself Also she has the fear of Ichi not accepting her ( not being a girly girl )
Where did this come from. I don't see this any where.
Old 2007-06-22, 03:23   Link #38
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

why do people have to mention the shinigami and comapre their lives to Hime's? They had decades, centuries even to evolve so they can't be compared in anyway.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-06-22, 08:38   Link #39
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Where did this come from. I don't see this any where.
I don't know about the crush part but she doesn't like how Ichigo seems to be drifting away from her. Google "Bleach chapter 25.2"
Old 2007-06-22, 12:09   Link #40
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
And who was going to help her get stronger? Urhara, and Yoruichi by extention, basicly said "you're useless and don't get involved" that was when her break down happend. By the time she talked with Hatachi she had desided to get stronger on her own and then Rukia offered to help her and she spent a month training with her only to be kidnapped by someone who can beat Ichigo to death without breaking a swaet.

Orihime's main combat problem is that her atack power is based on her wanting the person dead and how strong her weapon is. She has only been in 3 fight in the manga the first one was with a fairly strong hollow that nearly killed ( or prehaps did kill) her best friend, she killed it in one hit. next was in SS verus a 3rd seat which she had nearly no killing intent behind, which the fairy yelled at her for. and finaly verus a espada which she was clearly outmatched power wise.
Thats my point. She lacks killing intent so thats why tsubaki is always so weak. She believes she's weak yet those feeling are making her weak. To be honest I personally don't think she is as weak as she thinks she is. If she maybe got angry or something she could probably do some damage. Remeber the stronger her heart is the stronger the fairies are.
Closed Thread