AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-02-10, 23:24   Link #81
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

Speaking of music from the game, I was watching a fight between Fate & Signum on YouTube (forgot the uploader though), and it turns out the theme they were playing was the one from StrikerS. (I almost thought it would be the one from A's, but that sort of surprised me there).
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 08:03   Link #82
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Enjoy your DLC from the PSN Store
http://dps.dengeki.com/2010/02/11/p12122/
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 12:55   Link #83
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I wonder how long before someone leaks it online, lol. I can't access the store with CFW. >.<
Is it available now? The website said 2-15-10. EDIT: Found a way to access PSN, the Nanoha-related stuff still isn't up, so I guess the release date of 2-15-10 is final.
Did the website say that the card that came with the game only allows you to use the DLC for one month? o_O

Last edited by goombas; 2010-02-12 at 00:23.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 18:14   Link #84
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I stopped playing this after I beat Nanoha's story. Guess I should start it up again to try to get Material-L.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 23:03   Link #85
uragayduck2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Did the website say that the card that came with the game only allows you to use the DLC for one month? o_O
you know what, i was just thinking about that as well. from what i'm thinking, you get a month to swipe all you can get for free, but when the next wave of characters come in for later months, you'd have to pay....curses!! *angry shaking fist*. looks like i'll have to invest in some imported PSN cards.
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:45   Link #86
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Just downloaded the DLC with my card and when I tried to run it on my PSP i get the error This Game Cannot be started. (No error ID number)

Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Apparently the DLC isn't a game and requires something else to run it I think. Anyone get the DLC successfully working on their PSP yet?

Last edited by goombas; 2010-02-14 at 14:24.
Old 2010-02-14, 15:50   Link #87
uragayduck2

just downloaded it right now. yup, you can't run it....just yet. from what i'm reading at the bottom section of the box (when you're highlighting it in the XMB), it says "to play this title, the 'Digital Nanoha Catalog Binder' is needed". i guess what they released today was just the first step in getting the others. not sure how it will work for downloading the other content since the product code they gave us seems to be only for whatever it is they gave us.
Old 2010-02-14, 20:42   Link #88
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I even tried searching the Playstation Store with Nanoha in hiragana, and no search results popped up, not even the DLC that we get from using the code on the card.
Old 2010-02-14, 23:50   Link #89
uragayduck2

i think it's BECAUSE we got the Lyrical Box that we were able to download it. you can't get it through normal means. i think what they will put up that everyone will be able to get are the Catalog Binder (which is free) and then "episode 1" of the Digital Nanoha stuff. take a look at the link IchiKyo put up earlier ( http://dps.dengeki.com/2010/02/11/p12122/ ....if you're lazy) and you'll notice near the bottom that it mentions the release date and pricing of each. i haven't checked as of this typing if they've put it up yet, but it seems they were supposed to release it today. i'm thinking whatever it is that we downloaded, that's what's enabling us to get it for free?
Old 2010-02-15, 02:13   Link #90
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

As of me typing this right now, the Catalog Binder, 第一号, and Digital Nanoha are all available for download. (Well not exactly, since everytime I try to click it, it gives me the error that the service is not available.)

I guess what we downloaded was a special character or something? (For those who got the Lyrical Box).

EDIT: Just downloaded the Catalog binder and tried to run it, screen goes dark for few seconds and then PSP crashes. No idea why. Is this working for anyone else?

Last edited by goombas; 2010-02-15 at 03:04.
Old 2010-02-15, 03:52   Link #91
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Okay, I got the game and this too.

First I basically downloaded the DLC that was free. And then got the catalog binder.

First I just let the game download and install on my psp and then just basically used the DLC.

The catalog binder includes everything from what is on the official site.

1: The Vinette Clock: The DLC that is used is for free for most people is Nanoha's Clock. Fate's is currently on as an add-on for 800 yen.
2: Bind Breaker: Again uses Nanoha's DLC.
3: Movies: Only one that sorta just displays a promo for Fate's DLC
4: Custom Theme: You guessed it, they finally made an official Nanoha PSP theme
5: Staff credits

Bind Breaker: I was not surprised it was for the PSP, though the game play is sideways, meaning you'll have to hold your PSP vertical with the left side down. Consists of four stages total.
During gameplay, there are device icons that go down that you can collected:
Hayate's Device - A barrier on the bottom that prevents the ball from going down for about three times before going away.
Fate's Device - Increases the speed of the bar you control, changes the device bar to Fate's Bardiche
Nanoha's Device - basically blasts through everything besides the bar
Signum's Device - Extends the bar's length, changes the device bar to Signum's Laevintein
Vita's Device - Increases number of balls to four
Shamal's Device - Increase your bar lives by one. Can keep collecting up to a maximum of five bar lives.
Chrono's Device - Freezes nearby blocks after a short period of time and then breaks them, useful for those hard to hit blocks
Collecting Device icons is not accumalative, you either have to pick and choose which one you want as the best solution for yourself. Meaning you can only have one and only one. The only thing permanent is Shamal's bar life up, but only for the stage in question, doesn't accumalate into the next stage.

Vinette Clock: Not sure how to translate the options text yet.
Menu:
1st option: Clock (When you initially start it the options pop up first to set everything up.)
2nd option: Button Explanation
3rd option: Exit

So far the Vinette Clock for me is the cutest thing. I'm seeing Nanoha do random things so far. Like her trying to perform magic, or reading, phone calls, text and what not.

Button Controls for Vinette Clock:
R button: Switches between the Nanoha activities clock to a normal clock and back again
Square Button: Options
Circle Button: When in the Nanoha activities clock mode, it'll have Nanoha say the time
X button: backs out to menu screen
Triangle Button: Gets rid of the upper bar that displays date and time'
L button: Does something, not sure yet.

Nanoha Activities during Vinette Clock: Either in Maid Outfit or Barrier Jacket
Magic on Vita's bunny: Trying to enlarge, usually with several variations
Magic practice
Mirror: Random posing or waving
Reading: She reads and then gets a phone call
Cleaning
Sleeping
About to fall asleep but gets a text or turns off the alarm

Staff Credits:
Done in the Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha's anime ending credits, using the Vinette Clock Nanoha in Barrier Jacket. The Lyrical Step one if I remember the name of the Ending correctly.

Supposedly from the commercial. Once you also have Fate's add-on. Both Nanoha and Fate will interact with each other and do some things like games or something. Not sure until I get my Japanese PSN Network Card so I can download it.

Last edited by Hayate22; 2010-02-15 at 14:53.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 04:45   Link #92
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Also Dark peace piece Hayate is TT_TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Dark Piece Hayate. T___TWell, it's not hisatsu. It's issatsu/一冊の本.

Scene of Signum playfully elbowing Reinforce. ;___;!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Uh, without having to replay it, iirc Signum fights the real Reinforce because Reinforce is being emo again, trying to finish the job herself. So as Signum, you smack her down. There's a pretty sunset and then Fate comes, thinking she's interrupting something because

Signum: [I forget, prolly cliche stuff like think about how Hayate would feel if you disappeared etcetc] CHESUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reinforce: Leader......... It hurts.
Me: HNNNNNNNNNGG.
ONORE LVVDDDD (and those lucky people that have played the game)!!!!!

You're making me regret not having a PSP much, much more! T______T

*sulks in a corner muttering curses because of not being able to watch DP!Hayate and MOEinforce ;_;*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
Okay, I got the game and this too.

First I basically downloaded the DLC that was free. And then got the catalog binder.

First I just let the game download and install on my psp and then just basically used the DLC.

The catalog binder includes everything from what is on the official site.

1: The Vinette Clock: The DLC that is used is for free for most people is Nanoha's Clock. Fate's is currently on as an add-on for 800 yen.
2: Bind Breaker: Again uses Nanoha's DLC.
3: Movies: Only one that sorta just displays a commerical for this
4: Custom Theme: You guessed it, they finally made an official Nanoha PSP theme
5: Staff credits

Bind Breaker: I was not surprised it was for the PSP, though the game play is sideways, meaning you'll have to hold your PSP vertical with the left side down. Consists of four stages total.
During gameplay, there are device icons that go down that you can collected:
Hayate's Device - A barrier on the bottom that prevents the ball from going down
Fate's Device - Increases the speed of the bar you control
Nanoha's Device - basically blasts through everything besides the bar
Signum's Device - Extends the bar's length
Vita's Device - Increases number of balls to four
Shamal's Device - Increase your bar lives by one.
Chrono's Device - Freezes nearby blocks after a short period of time and then breaks them, useful for those hard to hit blocks
Collecting Device icons is not accumalative, you either have to pick and choose which one you want as the best solution for yourself. Meaning you can only have one and only one. The only thing permanent is Shamal's bar life up, but only for the stage in question, doesn't accumalate into the next stage.
So you're basically playing Arkanoid with the 'blocks' being the girls' Barrier Jackets?! What part of this game exactly denotes 'bind' breaker? This is more like strip Arkanoid!

I can already imagine the number of PSP owners getting hauled off to jail.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 05:14   Link #93
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
So you're basically playing Arkanoid with the 'blocks' being the girls' Barrier Jackets?! What part of this game exactly denotes 'bind' breaker? This is more like strip Arkanoid!

I can already imagine the number of PSP owners getting hauled off to jail.
Actually the First stage is basically breaking off a bind spell casted on them. But afterwards...it's just 'breaking' the barrier jacket, which ends up with them being in a swimsuit...I think...Not going to question it. It's definitely a NSFW type thing morally and not good while in public...

As a note, each of the add-ons available on Japanese PSN gives you the character you downloaded. For the free one from Lyrical Box Nanoha A's Portable. It's Nanoha, on the Japanese PSN it's Fate, coming soon is Hayate-chan.

-also noticed that Aaron008R had a Kamen Rider Decade moment as a Narutaki parody- lol

Well, in general, I'm a little curious who else they'll give for the Vinette Clock/Bind Breaker/Custom Theme options after Hayate-chan.

As a note: I remember there being a Shuffle's game just like this earlier, same concept, only thing you got out of it was a risque wallpaper. So I'm not surprised they did this, though probably most people here would have preferred StrikerS version of this game.
Old 2010-02-15, 07:18   Link #94
Aaron008R

Quote:
Actually the First stage is basically breaking off a bind spell casted on them. But afterwards...it's just 'breaking' the barrier jacket, which ends up with them being in a swimsuit...I think...Not going to question it. It's definitely a NSFW type thing morally and not good while in public...
Figures...

Quote:
As a note, each of the add-ons available on Japanese PSN gives you the character you downloaded. For the free one from Lyrical Box Nanoha A's Portable. It's Nanoha, on the Japanese PSN it's Fate, coming soon is Hayate-chan.
You can pretty much tell that the Japanese prison cells would be filled to the brim when Fate's version comes up.

Thanks for the info. XD

Quote:
-also noticed that Aaron008R had a Kamen Rider Decade moment as a Narutaki parody- lol
Spoiler for Aaron008R's expression:

*faces a large electric fan*

ONORE PSP OWNEEEEEERRRRRSSSSS!!!!!

Quote:
Well, in general, I'm a little curious who else they'll give for the Vinette Clock/Bind Breaker/Custom Theme options after Hayate-chan.
I want Reinforce-*SHOT*

Quote:
As a note: I remember there being a Shuffle's game just like this earlier, same concept, only thing you got out of it was a risque wallpaper. So I'm not surprised they did this, though probably most people here would have preferred StrikerS version of this game.
I doubt that playing strip Arkanoid would be safe even if the girls there are legal. Well, at least that mitigates the threat of getting picked up and jailed as a lolicon. XD

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 08:05   Link #95
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

-watches corners and behind his own back-

I just got my Fate add-on for this...

-continues to be cautious-

This is what is in the Fate add-on that you buy on the PSN

Vinette Clock: Fate is now available: Must go into options via the square button, press R button and then on the first line switch from Nanoha to Fate to all time ranges. Usually at Morning, Noon/Afternoon, Evening, and Dusk/Dawn. I believe is how it is based on the symbols.

....Fate-chan's generally at the Elementary School in her school uniform.

Fate-chan activities: Either in School uniform or her Barrier Jacket
Cleaning - occassionally finding Vita's bunny
Blowing Bubbles
Sleeping(possibly)
Magic/swordmanship practice - when she screws up on her magic it's cute
Reading, occassionally uses cell or falls asleep
Playing with Nanoha in a game of Badmitton using a ball of magic
Random posing with her sometimes getting surprised and her running away

On Nanoha's Vinette Clock: Gives another activity which is Nanoha trying to practice magic while Fate is with her. Occassionaly Nanoha screws up.

Bind Breaker: Fate's own version of this as well.
Note...Fate's voice at times makes the game feel very wrong...-wonders how many Fate lolicons will fall because of this-

Movies:
adds 3 more movies
2 tv commercials of the Battle of Aces PSP game and another promo for Hayate-chan's DLC which is slated to be released in March. Most like March 15, 2010

Custom Theme:
adds another official Nanoha PSP theme

This has been your complimentary update on Nanoha A's Portable DL from Japan, commenting from America.

-wonders if he should henshin into Decade later since Narutaki is here- lol

Last edited by Hayate22; 2010-02-15 at 09:32.
Old 2010-02-15, 11:18   Link #96
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
-watches corners and behind his own back-

I just got my Fate add-on for this...

-continues to be cautious-

This is what is in the Fate add-on that you buy on the PSN

Vinette Clock: Fate is now available: Must go into options via the square button, press R button and then on the first line switch from Nanoha to Fate to all time ranges. Usually at Morning, Noon/Afternoon, Evening, and Dusk/Dawn. I believe is how it is based on the symbols.

....Fate-chan's generally at the Elementary School in her school uniform.

Fate-chan activities: Either in School uniform or her Barrier Jacket
Cleaning - occassionally finding Vita's bunny
Blowing Bubbles
Sleeping(possibly)
Magic/swordmanship practice - when she screws up on her magic it's cute
Reading, occassionally uses cell or falls asleep
Playing with Nanoha in a game of Badmitton using a ball of magic
Random posing with her sometimes getting surprised and her running away

On Nanoha's Vinette Clock: Gives another activity which is Nanoha trying to practice magic while Fate is with her. Occassionaly Nanoha screws up.

Bind Breaker: Fate's own version of this as well.
Note...Fate's voice at times makes the game feel very wrong...-wonders how many Fate lolicons will fall because of this-

Movies:
adds 3 more movies
2 tv commercials of the Battle of Aces PSP game and another promo for Hayate-chan's DLC which is slated to be released in March. Most like March 15, 2010

Custom Theme:
adds another official Nanoha PSP theme

This has been your complimentary update on Nanoha A's Portable DL from Japan, commenting from America.

-wonders if he should henshin into Decade later since Narutaki is here- lol
Must...get...now...
Old 2010-02-15, 11:43   Link #97
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I had to battle Fate with Signum in her story, it was extremely painful knowing that I was hurting Fate. Brave Phoenix was playing in the background though.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 11:47   Link #98
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Must...get...now...
Hayate-chan's DLC will most likely include these:

Vinette Clock of course with more interactions between Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate-chan. One definite thing I know about this is that she'll be wearing the Midoriya Cafe outfit as one of her costumes.

Her version of the Bind Breaker.

Another official Nanoha PSP theme.

More movies.

---------------------------------

Those with the PSP Lyrical Edition Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces. Will be able to get the Nanoha DLC which is the first part of this Catalog Binder for free, for both.

While Fate-chan which is available now with the Catalog Binder for 800 yen, and Hayate-chan's DLC which is available most likely 3/15/2010 also for 800 yen as well. Those unable to get the Lyrical Edition will most likely pay 800 yen for Nanoha's when it becomes available.

A big thing for fans to collect, a must get. Though please make sure you have several things available to you.

One of the most likely things is to make sure your PSP is not cracked. I believe there might be something that might prevent this DL from working properly...possibly. As usual, must have a Japanese PSN account and some imported Japanese PSN network cards.

The size of the files are not big.
Nanoha's DLC is 21mb
The Catalog Binder is about 32 mb
Fate's DLC is 25mb

It does have a lock on it so you won't be able to use it on any other account besides your Japanese PSN account. And the system as usual must be validated under that account to be able to be used. So you got any kind of other downloaded games on there on another account, be prepared to continuously switch between your two accounts alot. I'm going through that right now.

So in summary, those who are going to get this now but don't have the Lyrical Edition for Nanoha A's Portable game. You'll be looking to spend around 2400 yen for the Hayate-chan's, Nanoha-chan's, and Fate-chan's DLC.
Old 2010-02-15, 11:57   Link #99
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I tried downloading the Catalog Binder and running it on my PSP and it STILL won't work for me. >.<'''

The thing keeps crashing my PSP.

Hayate22, was there anything special you had to do to run the catalog binder when you installed it?(certain UMD in drive, etc) Also, what firmware PSP were you using?

Last edited by goombas; 2010-02-15 at 12:39.
Old 2010-02-15, 14:41   Link #100
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
I tried downloading the Catalog Binder and running it on my PSP and it STILL won't work for me. >.<'''

The thing keeps crashing my PSP.

Hayate22, was there anything special you had to do to run the catalog binder when you installed it?(certain UMD in drive, etc) Also, what firmware PSP were you using?
Okay first of all my PSP has the latest firmware available so it'll always work with whatever I'm attempting. Mine I think is 6.20 right now. Also I'm using a PSP 3000.

Second, the Catalog Binder requires the 'game data' that is the Nanoha DLC and the Fate DLC. Best way is to download the Catalog Binder first and install that on your PSP, and then get Nanoha's and Fate's DLC. If you can only get Fate's DLC, it should be fine...maybe...I'm not sure about that yet. If you managed to get all three of them. You should see three separate 'game data' icons on your PSP's XMB in your memory card. Two should be in white while one is in pink. You should be able to use it then.

I'm assuming you are using a non-cracked PSP. All you are technically missing is the Nanoha DLC or the Fate DLC. Just update your firmware to the latest one. First, make sure the PSP system is activated to your Japanese account that it can run games downloaded from the Japanese PSN. Second install the Nanoha DLC or the Fate DLC after your install the Catalog Binder. After that, it should run properly.

I didn't do anything special. It was all normal steps. Download, install the game data as usual and run it.

What I'm assuming for the moment is that the Catalog Binder can't run without one of the two DLCs or both. They're dependant on the other from what I can guess. The Catalog Binder requires the DLC in order to work. And the DLC can't run on it's own without the Catalog Binder. EDIT: Confirmed it. The Nanoha DLC gives all Nanoha character related items as well as movies itself, same with the Fate DLC. The Catalog Binder is in a sense just a simple program that reads and accesses from the 'data' file which are the Nanoha DLC and Fate DLC. So you'll definitely need everything you can get.

Run through these steps:
1. Make sure your PSP uses the latest official Firmware
2. Make sure you are using a Japanese PSN account, that is also currently the one you are using as well as being the account that is validating the PSP system to run PSN downloaded games.
3. Download Catalog Binder first and install.
4. Download Nanoha DLC and install
5. Download Fate DLC and install
6. Run the Catalog Binder (the pink one)

It should work. If you still have problems. Then it might either be one of a few things.

One, you might be using a cracked PSP which might have a programming bug or glitch that prevents you from using it, or the cracked Firmware is not up to date yet. Cracked Firmware is generally still behind the latest Firmware which the latest games tend to need alot.

Second, which is least to happen, you might have a hardware problem which now showed up.

Third, bad initial installation by installing out of order. Just reinstall it in the order I specified.

Fourth, if none apply and still has a problem. Please specify how it does not work. Either does it say via a Japanese message preventing you from being able to or just simply crashing outright after activating game. Also please specify what kind of PSP you are using, there might be hardware incompatabilities. Though in general it should be able to use on all PSP systems.