AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-23, 01:16   Link #981
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Who would be the main girl if they do it like Kimikiss? Haruka for me, not only did she is the prettiest and she is the only one that has blue eyes

and she reminds me of Mao too
Kaoru for me....maybe Haruka as well .... l really liked Haruka....it's a shame they shitted all over the place after the first episode and left me pondering what it could had been.....

a la kimikiss make more then just 1 male leading guy....so there will be happy endings for multiple heroines....
Old 2010-07-23, 01:22   Link #982
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

spilt the main guy into 6 (may be more ) people and have them interact in the same universe, each girl got her own bf
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 01:25   Link #983
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel23 View Post
You people and your smexhair! Give me honor student or childhood best friend or shy freshman anyday! School idol wasn't bad either
Cliche settings are always good in galges... but i think this is the first time afaik that people (like me) rooting and shipping a girl becoz of her hair. There are few titles iirc where one of the girl would usually have a beautiful hair style (long hair, layered, ojou style curl, bob..etc), but its not worth shipping becoz you would see that kind of hairstyle anyday in any galge. Kaoru is a different case tho... she's the best example so far in galge anime as far as i could remember where her hair dominates her appearance so much, to the point where people would actually feel that its sexy

Say what's with the sudden shipping for Kaoru's hair anyway... who actually started it.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 01:30   Link #984
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
spilt the main guy into 6 (may be more ) people and have them interact in the same universe, each girl got her own bf
maburaho style

anyways, kaoru's arc is coming up and that's great. although I wish they would save her for last... oh well.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 01:41   Link #985
kujoe
from head to heel

Kaoru's hair reminds me Haruka, Konomi's mom in Toheart 2. Not exactly that unique in my opinion.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 02:10   Link #986
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Kaoru for me....maybe Haruka as well .... l really liked Haruka....it's a shame they shitted all over the place after the first episode and left me pondering what it could had been.....

a la kimikiss make more then just 1 male leading guy....so there will be happy endings for multiple heroines....
Only two heroines got happy endings in Kimikiss all others were crapped on and producers were crapped on by fans and got a truly disastrous sell figures so I do not think you will see that many a la Kimikiss adaptations in the near future (with multiple main lead guys) because Japanese market is not impressed by that.

Quote:
Who would be the main girl if they do it like Kimikiss? Haruka for me, not only did she is the prettiest and she is the only one that has blue eyes

It will probably be either Haruka because of the looks or Ayatsujji because of the complicated personality which allows to create a lot of drama around her. koaru, maybe but I would say probably Ayatsuji simply because she seems to be the favorite of manga adaptations so far.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 02:17   Link #987
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Haruka was fun. Next stop, Kaoru.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 02:20   Link #988
Eak
One angry cloud.

Style over substance. The anime looks gorgeous and the plot is nothing to write about.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 03:01   Link #989
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:

The thing about adaptations for series such as this, they can always change their focus onto another heroine, but Tsukasa is the default poster girl.

Unlike Amagami SS, Kimikiss Pure Rouge settled for a different direction in its adaptation to anime, that while being a compelling and interesting story all-around, it wasn't well received by fans who refused the changes.

But as for Amagami, if you're going to be asking what the (Japanese) fans think, then you'll probably hear a lot of talk on Ai, Haruka and then Kaoru. You can probably guess based on the popularity rankings. Out of the seven girls (including Miya), Tsukasa is right smack in the middle for some reason.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 03:23   Link #990
Zanibas

Watching this first arc made me realize that it's going to be HARD to judge this series till the end, and hard to judge just how good an arc will be until the end.

Now that I think about all the subtlety put in: (subtle mention of sister, explanation for persona, just exactly why she had that explanation during the sunset scene), this is actually a better series than I thought.

To be truthful, I set my expectations low for the story. I had thought that the male lead would do something amazing to impress her, and Haruka would finally crack and say yes. But the surprising end well, surprised me. Sure, it wasn't an OMG kind of end, but it was enough to make me genuinely interested. They pulled one on me, and now I am pleasantly surprised ^^.

I hope that they'll continue this sort of twist, no matter how small, for the next arcs. Yes, it's not the most amazing romance series, and we all know what's going to happen, but it's a pleasant sweet to see just how they'll unfold.
Zanibas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 03:29   Link #991
zeth006

Quote:

Best-looking, I agree. But...annoying...
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 04:19   Link #992
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Code:
First try:
T.J. - 30% - M.H.
Haruka not happy about it
Code:
2nd try:
T.J. - 95% - L.H.
Haruka is satisfied and said that her middle name was Lovely
What a horrible lie, it's obvious Haruka tried to cheat the Compatibility Machine and come up with an excuse that she has a middle name 'Lovely'

Spoiler for What the 2nd try actually means:
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 04:30   Link #993
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
What a horrible lie, it's obvious Haruka tried to cheat the Compatibility Machine and come up with an excuse that she has a middle name 'Lovely'

Spoiler for What the 2nd try actually means:
That's exactly what i was thinking . Trust our main character Jun to not even catch on.

Oh and
Spoiler for Bikini:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-07-23 at 04:53.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 05:17   Link #994
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The thing about adaptations for series such as this, they can always change their focus onto another heroine, but Tsukasa is the default poster girl.

Unlike Amagami SS, Kimikiss Pure Rouge settled for a different direction in its adaptation to anime, that while being a compelling and interesting story all-around, it wasn't well received by fans who refused the changes.

But as for Amagami, if you're going to be asking what the (Japanese) fans think, then you'll probably hear a lot of talk on Ai, Haruka and then Kaoru. You can probably guess based on the popularity rankings. Out of the seven girls (including Miya), Tsukasa is right smack in the middle for some reason.
And how could Kimikiss be well received by fans, they pretty much changed everything except for character looks including what made it so popular to begin with - a simple, heartwarming romance without needless love triangles and retarded drama's. I see no reason why they should have been accepting Kimikiss because it changed everything what made it so popular to begin with.

Sure they could have take it as a complete seperate thing but then company should be blamed for stealing the game characters looks and names...

It went well with western audience but mostly because no one played the game and never saw how could it could be.

And of course i am in awe how easily you disregard Ayatsuki, there is a reason why she is the last (Japanese usually like starting and ending strong, probably ending strong even more than starting) so you would think that the last heroine must have something that makes her rather exceptional and dramatic compared to other girls if she goes last, but seems like you completely ignore that unwritten rule or think it would have no effect.
Old 2010-07-23, 05:30   Link #995
Mentar
Banned

Well, Ayatsuji is both the poster girl and the girl with the final arc, which gives her an elevated position already.

Personally, she's the character I found the most interesting and intriguing one by far, but she's also bound to be very controversial. Therefore I could easily understand why she might not make the top spots in the rankings. Especially when it comes to the tastes of the Japanese male fans
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 05:43   Link #996
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, Ayatsuji is both the poster girl and the girl with the final arc, which gives her an elevated position already.

Personally, she's the character I found the most interesting and intriguing one by far, but she's also bound to be very controversial. Therefore I could easily understand why she might not make the top spots in the rankings. Especially when it comes to the tastes of the Japanese male fans
Well Rei from Evangelion times are over in japan so silent mystery characters though still strong are not as in trend as a decade back. The perfect waifu type is popular but also not as dominant as before, dumb nice girls were never really popular, and Eba from KNIM types (weak, bit slow in their heads but still nice crybaby girls) seem to annoy more audience lately...

We are still living in times where strong female characters are getting more and more popular in Japan (as reflected in the wave of Tsundere moe popularity which started 6 years back and still going strong) so I would say Ayatsuji's chances for popularity are not that bad.

Her biggest disadvantage is that in terms of looks she looses to most of other heroines - lets admit it - she gives a plain looking generic nice girl aura... but when her character personality will kick in... it may change the way others perceive her looks by a lot.
Old 2010-07-23, 05:53   Link #997
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Her biggest disadvantage is that in terms of looks she looses to most of other heroines - lets admit it - she gives a plain looking generic nice girl aura... but when her character personality will kick in... it may change the way others perceive her looks by a lot.
Is that really so? Hmm...

Before I knew anything about the show and the characters, this would have been my ranking based on totally subjective physical attractiveness:

Ayatsuji > Haruka > Kaoru = Ai > Sae > Rihoko

But then again, I'm very much an "eyes" fan, and I'm certainly not representative for the majority's taste
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 06:14   Link #998
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Is that really so? Hmm...

Before I knew anything about the show and the characters, this would have been my ranking based on totally subjective physical attractiveness:

Ayatsuji > Haruka > Kaoru = Ai > Sae > Rihoko

But then again, I'm very much an "eyes" fan, and I'm certainly not representative for the majority's taste
It is certainly very subjective but I look at three main features while judging the face - eyes, hair and the shape of the face.

In terms of Hair Ayatsuji has long straight hair that isn't bad but can be pretty plain, it works well if face shape is sharper (like Maya's from Occult Academy) but Ai has much sharper face shape which works well with her hair style, in Auatsuji's case shape doesn't work that well and her eyes are not as contrasting and shapely like Haruka's.

so in terms of look I would say

Haruka > Kaoru > Ai > Ayatsuji = Rihoko > Sae

Probably Kaoru shopuld be equal to Ai in terms of anime because her hair are not as impressive in here but still I have my hopes that they will animate Kaoru's best feature (hair) well.
Old 2010-07-23, 06:28   Link #999
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Probably Kaoru shopuld be equal to Ai in terms of anime because her hair are not as impressive in here but still I have my hopes that they will animate Kaoru's best feature (hair) well.
They will. Even if Junichi fails to do so, there's still the wind to do the job for us.

Btw to add, my physical attractiveness rank will be something like...

Hair > face = body stature > attitude

To explain the hair part

Shoulder length curl > Long curl > long straight > other type of hair.

That means my list would be something like this.

Kaoru > Haruka > Ayatsuji > other girls.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 06:30   Link #1000
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Haruka GET! Arc review

I think I can give this a solid B.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen