AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 11:07   Link #35781
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Maybe. Even more so if he's not as skilled or doesn't have any notable relations like Ichika does.

Then again, wouldn't that lead to angst? Something that would stem from jealousy? Not that it's wrong to have it as such, just wondering.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:26   Link #35782
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well I had a rather rude epiphany about IS. Then I realized that maybe some of the old ideas weren't wrong.

This one being the opposite of Ichika who had everything given to him. This idea where a guy actually goes from 0 to something therough his own blood sweat and tears.

:/
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 17:08   Link #35783
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Do you know the storytelling device of using one's appearance to show their psyche?
Old 2012-08-20, 23:10   Link #35784
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Just a thought. Would it be plausible... that even if there were a second male IS pilot... he would be passed up due to lack of resources? I mean they'd take interest but not as much anymore as with Ichika because he's not the first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
well I had a rather rude epiphany about IS. Then I realized that maybe some of the old ideas weren't wrong.

This one being the opposite of Ichika who had everything given to him. This idea where a guy actually goes from 0 to something thorough his own blood sweat and tears.

Damn every guy in TLR Stratos being genre savvy about this.

They realize that Japan simply can't handle four male pilots in a single generation, they took refugee overseas and thus they get equal position to Ichika (Ichika still get the most spotlight, but not enough to overshadow them). To quote Haruna and Rito here when they found his ability.

Quote:
"Congratulations, Yuuki-kun" she smiled gently, making his heart race in the process.

"… Thanks, but I'm not even sure that I'm happy with this" He managed to hide the problem, keeping his expression straight "… Does that sound stupid?"

"No, far from it"

"Eh?"

"… They said, how lucky, how envious. But don't they know? It isn't easy to become a noteworthy pilot"

Now that Rito remembered, Haruna's sister was Canadian I.S. pilot, currently a second year in I.S. Academy. Haruna must've known about the hardships of being a pilot; even though there were always benefits, it wasn't always worth the effort.

"Like they said though, I'm not going to waste this." Rito mumbled, "I'll go to Europe"

She raised her eyebrow in response, "Europe?"

"Too many Japanese pilots, too little to offer, so we decided to develop our career somewhere else. It's convenient that I have something to solve there. Two years is the standard Cadet Representative Training, I still have few months left to do anything as a free man, after that, I should decide."
In contrast, Motemitsu, Ichika's senior by one year, disappear into brink of oblivion, not only because Ichika's appearance but because he is in the same generation as frickin Tatenashi, and to add insult to injury, Yuu Kotegawa as predecessor.

His own character arc is exactly what you describe: he comes back with a bang, with only a single piece of custom equipment made from scrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Do you know the storytelling device of using one's appearance to show their psyche?
I seems to have heard one but forgot, probably "Obviously Evil" and "Most definitely not a villain" is one of the popular subcategories of that trope/device.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-08-20 at 23:31.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 23:41   Link #35785
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I want to show Saito gradually going from a Type I anti-hero to a Type III one. Part of it is his appearance.
Old 2012-08-20, 23:47   Link #35786
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I imagined that the guy would be only using an Uchigane. An illegally hacked Uchigane at that

They didn't really think the hack would do anything other than increase the limits of tuning. Then it went first shift mid-match

:|

The Uchigane realizes that its user is a powertype and creates back-up generators that provide for each of the four major limbs separate from the main core. Thing is the produced energy is always under assumption that the unit is in maximum exertion. So it constantly releases pent up energy as heat. The cores cool down when the Uchigane is pushed because all that heat is used up as work like it was originally meant to be.

well enough rambling.
Old 2012-08-20, 23:50   Link #35787
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Probably labelled evil due to his dangerous action, that won't go very well.

Mine is badass normal at his finest, no personal I.S., self-made equipment, bog standard cadet rep training without specialization, and balls made of tungsten.

@ Eras
Well, I dunno, as far as I can see from TvTropes examples, that particular trope, unless invoked (like say, Black Spiderman costume) is a little overboard.

To make it subtle then, how about change his expression instead, put emphasis on the eyes. From 'innocent' to 'dangerously rebellious', like a child exposed to cruelty of war.
Old 2012-08-20, 23:50   Link #35788
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Spoiler for Combat Scene:

I figured the Academy won't bat an eye at some random mech-brawl outside their jurisdiction so... yeah. :|
Old 2012-08-20, 23:55   Link #35789
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Spoiler for Combat Scene:

I figured the Academy won't bat an eye at some random mech-brawl outside their jurisdiction so... yeah. :|
Technically, if it's in Japan, it's under their jurisdiction... they share the airspace

EDIT: or at least, a portion of Japan's is overlapping with I.S.A.'s, if it was near I.S.A., then it's under theirs as well.
Old 2012-08-21, 00:03   Link #35790
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well... he was up against a personal and the hack didn't have any malicious intent it was just something done by one of the engineering girls that did the hack. Tabane would have realized the small attempt at a hack and thought it would be funny to completely undo the locks. Idiot had to be a martyr and take the whole blame.

Though if you're talking about the audience then yeah he would be
Old 2012-08-21, 00:07   Link #35791
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I do understand his difficulty, but no matter how, poor sap started it by hacking a RESTRICTED WMD...

What happened after that then?
Old 2012-08-21, 00:10   Link #35792
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Double entendre... *hanaji*

whoever designed the other students is real good. I'm reminded of Negima whenever I see the picture. :|

EDIT: Yes I am still staring at it... damn my eyesight might get worse.

Well I imagine he'd get community service and be restricted from IS related work/lessons for a few weeks. (Slap on the wrist I know). Fact is they assumed that he did the hack on his own so they are impressed by it. Chifuyu is the only one with an inkling of who the real culprit would be due to a little signature Tabane left that anyone else wouldn't have noticed.

P.P.S. Thus far this is just my delusions XD
Old 2012-08-21, 00:22   Link #35793
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Technically, if it's in Japan, it's under their jurisdiction... they share the airspace

EDIT: or at least, a portion of Japan's is overlapping with I.S.A.'s, if it was near I.S.A., then it's under theirs as well.
The brawl occurs at Ichihara, which overlooks the ISA beyond a body of water, though it is some distance away...

Then again, I made the troopers as such since no one has any idea who/what the unknowns are. To the extent that the leading trooper refers to the Minerva as an "it".
Old 2012-08-21, 00:27   Link #35794
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, actually that punishment is enough seeing the collateral damage might not be that severe. However, his in universe reputation will take a repeated beating. Poor sap can't catch a break

@ Stratos
Then that would make sense, the rule of thumb is since I.S.A. is an independent island, that means their airspace extend at least 12 miles, covering Tokyo as a whole. Chiba is most probably out, either way.
Old 2012-08-21, 00:36   Link #35795
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Either way, I still laughed the fact that guys' unit are covered by deeply engraved decals (means they can only be removed by plate overhaul). Lots of corporation indeed, and lots of opportunity to promote.

Dan even remarks that he felt like he's a bike racer than a soldier.
Old 2012-08-21, 00:58   Link #35796
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For a rescue type IS, what would I need other than the following?

-hydraulic cutting tools AKA the Jaws of Life
-drill
-chemically recyclic Oxygen tank/ Carbon Dioxide fire extinguisher
-crane???

am I missing anything?
Old 2012-08-21, 01:13   Link #35797
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe something that can be used to protect other people
Old 2012-08-21, 01:22   Link #35798
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I actually had an idea about Thunderbirds in IS form, but then comes Thunderbird 5 which made me :|

In any case, will anyone in ISA, especially in the dorms, will hear an explosion which went off at Ichihara?
Old 2012-08-21, 01:22   Link #35799
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I try to think of a stretcher or isolation tank, but all I get is a collapsible coffin

:|
Old 2012-08-21, 01:33   Link #35800
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The explosion has to be huge enough.

We're talking the equivalent of 20 ton TNT though... which translates to 150m destruction radius...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest