AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-13, 22:57   Link #21
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I figured they were looking at games with a more international access. VNs don't really allow that. And you don't see other Japan-only games on the list either, like Super Robot Wars.
Old 2012-02-13, 23:04   Link #22
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

My favorite videogame ending was that of Prince of Persia 2008, but of course that isn't on the list. Nor on most lists, really.

I'm not sure why Guinness thought it was a good idea to host this kind of survey, though. Publicity?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 00:22   Link #23
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
My favorite videogame ending was that of Prince of Persia 2008, but of course that isn't on the list. Nor on most lists, really.

I'm not sure why Guinness thought it was a good idea to host this kind of survey, though. Publicity?
Sigh, you went and reminded me of that beautiful game. We're not going to get a sequel anytime soon, are we?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 00:29   Link #24
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Sigh, you went and reminded me of that beautiful game. We're not going to get a sequel anytime soon, are we?
Nope, probably not. Been too long for them to implement the game's story to a sequel. Games like that have a pretty small window of opportunity.

I'm probably the only person that liked Warrior Within, lmao.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 01:00   Link #25
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, seeing as Sonic Adventure 2's ending was literally right next to Metal Gear Solid 3's ending, I just can't take the list seriously~
Old 2012-02-14, 01:35   Link #26
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
My guess is that a large percentage of people they surveyed were FPS fags. Y'know those quote-on-quote "gamers" who rarely play anything outside games like Call of Duty or Halo. I can't think of any other explanation.
I agree with the CoD remarks but I have to say I did enjoy the end of Reach. It was both sad but insanely epic at the same time.

I get chills just thinking about what happens to Six.

I can't really think of any good endings because it's been that long since I've actually finished a game!!

But I put MGS3 up there as well as Valkyria Chronicles.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 01:38   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Seeing how Guinness World Records usually take strict measures to ensure the authenticity of the records, this list is absolutely ridiculous.

They shouldn't say VG history, more like American gaming history, or top 50 popular games or some thing.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 01:40   Link #28
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I don't want a sequel and in fact would hate one. I loved that it ended the way it did, and a sequel would (and the DLC did) ruin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Seeing how Guinness World Records usually take strict measures to ensure the authenticity of the records, this list is absolutely ridiculous.
Guinness, and most publications of that type, don't really seem to understand video games.
Old 2012-02-14, 02:10   Link #29
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I agree with the CoD remarks but I have to say I did enjoy the end of Reach. It was both sad but insanely epic at the same time.

I get chills just thinking about what happens to Six.
Okay I'll give you that. It was a unique and epic way to end the game. However giving it 2nd spot doesn't really help me believe otherwise about the demographic they used.

Sure it may deserve a position in the top 50, but 2nd? I don't think so.
Old 2012-02-14, 04:54   Link #30
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The people who voted CoD in #1 must have been thinking of that one time they totally pwned all the noobs on the server and ended up on top of the scoreboard with imba K/D at the end of the round.
Best video game ending ever, bro!

This list is worthless.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 06:43   Link #31
Jaden

Well, this is a popularity contest, not something arbitrarily decided by professional critics. And people won't vote for something they haven't played. In that way the list makes sense.

I'd say ending-wise Final Fantasy 6 should go above 7, it's much longer and shows what happened to each of the characters. Felt so rewarding. And that was on the SNES! But obviously 7 has cult status and many more people have played it.
Old 2012-02-14, 08:14   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Eh? Best video game ending? But the ending is the part I hate the most because as it suggests- the game ended

A few games in my modern playing stands out though, whether it's a satisfying conclusion or one that invokes some form of strong lingering emotion in me. (Some of them I didn't technically play )

Metal Gear Solid 4
Persona P3P
Uncharted 3
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman Arkham City
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Starcraft 2
LA Noire
Alan Wake
Mass Effect 2
Devil May Cry 3
Fatal Frame 3
Fatal Frame 2

Frankly if I had to choose, didn't think I would be able to decide on my favorite out of all the games I've played- But as it turns out, it's the one game's ending that stuck with me for eight years.

Max Payne 2. That ending, in my opinion, is perfect. And till this day I still listen to [Late Goodbye].

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-14 at 09:07.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 08:26   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Soon as I saw two Call of Duty games in the top 5 this list pretty much lost practically all of it's credibility. How can two FPS' with online multiplayer as the focal point behind both of their times in development possibly have campaigns with stories that deserve those spots?

My guess is that a large percentage of people they surveyed were FPS fags. Y'know those quote-on-quote "gamers" who rarely play anything outside games like Call of Duty or Halo. I can't think of any other explanation.
That's my impression exactly, I was like "FPS? lmfao..."

Anyone else notice that there all the games are from N64 era and above? Whatever happened to NES and SNES? This list is a sham, only an idiot will take it seriously.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 09:16   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Where the fucking fuck is Xenogears? It was one of the very few jRPGs that got me heavily emotionally invested in its storyline AND characters.
Old 2012-02-14, 10:56   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No God Hand? Psssh
Old 2012-02-14, 11:02   Link #36
Nixl

No System Shock 2? If that ending was not awesome, I do not know what is.
No Deus Ex?
No Planescape Torment?

I do not like this list.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 11:54   Link #37
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't want a sequel and in fact would hate one. I loved that it ended the way it did, and a sequel would (and the DLC did) ruin it.
Why wouldn't you like a sequel to that cliffhanger though (DLC's ending notwithstanding)? The final trophy itself was titled "To be continued"
I always wonder why a sequel was never made, because it wasn't like the game bombed critically and commercially. Guess they were too busy with milking the AC franchise?

Also MGS3 would be pushed up to top 10 for me instead of MGS4. That last fight leading into the ending was one of my most memorable gaming experience easily topping most on that list.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-02-14 at 12:05.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:04   Link #38
Forsaken_Infinity

Walks in...
Scrolls down to #1... happens to see #2 as well from the corner of one eye...
Turns around...
Walks out...

Spoiler for That night...:
Old 2012-02-14, 16:15   Link #39
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Why wouldn't you like a sequel to that cliffhanger though.
Because I refuse to consider it a cliffhanger. The ending is much, much better as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Where the fucking fuck is Xenogears? It was one of the very few jRPGs that got me heavily emotionally invested in its storyline AND characters.
No one who voted on this list would have heard of Xenogears.
Old 2012-02-14, 17:57   Link #40
DuoRanger
Banned

No Dawn of War II, Starcraft 1/Brood War, Warcraft III Frozen Throne and Doom 64 endings

but the Call of shit games are in top 5

its just me or this list is pure bullshit?
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote