AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 21:28   Link #261
gaiar31

what name's of airplane use carrie Type10 in ep02?

= [] = very fast thank you

v
v
v

Last edited by gaiar31; 2012-10-15 at 23:33.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 21:50   Link #262
Sumeragi
Banned

A Kawasaki C-1.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 01:39   Link #263
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Let me see if I understand this correctly. There are four tanks that are "lost" (up on a cliff, in a lake, etc.), on a carrier. How do you lose such big, and apparently important, vehicles on a carrier?

Seems legit.

I just can't seem to care about modern armor the way I do about the classic armor. They just doesn't impress me, and I think it's because the human element has been largely reduced thanks to electronics. I'm the same way with airplanes.

Endless "Apologize to the Finnish!" Soul
Old 2012-10-16, 03:06   Link #264
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I just can't seem to care about modern armor the way I do about the classic armor. They just doesn't impress me, and I think it's because the human element has been largely reduced thanks to electronics. I'm the same way with airplanes.
Well, the "romantic" appeal of WW2 hardware is that they're such crude and relatively simple machines that relies alot on the human element while still having the basic elements that make modern war machines what they are today. No wonder WW2-era machines are still quite popular and well-loved to this day.

Fire-control computers and auto-stabilized guns? GPS and airconditioning? None of that in the old days whippersnapper, just sweat, blood and guts

That aside, episode 2 (thankfully a certain sub group offered a non-german track for their second release) deviates a bit from the manga in the details (they seem to pick up Mako mid-battle for instance instead of being part of Team A from the start), but the basic gist of the mock battle is still there. And Yukari isn't just a tanksexual it seems: she's a full-blown miltaku. Wearing a military rucksack packed with metal eating utensils and canteens isn't something you see in anime often

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 03:30   Link #265
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You want big...they should just throw in a Jagdtiger...or ISU-152
How about Maus and E-100
Old 2012-10-16, 03:34   Link #266
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
I find myself oddly fond of the Type 89's crew. That said, I'm hoping everyone upgrades to at least Midwar stuff soon, seeing the 75mm L/24 is making the WoT tanker inside me scream, "Upgrade to Ostketten you noobs!".

Personal theory coming soon.

EDIT: Okay, personal theory time. Prepare for a bit of Darkness.

Tank Operation spins out of the blood sport depicted in World of Tanks. This is incidentally why we see such a mixed batch of tanks generally - the sheer nature of World of Tank's sport meant that the only way to be sure tanks were on the same team was by bribing the match maker. When the WoT Bloodsport grew more popular, a sort of "Backyard" version spun off out of mixed gender teams competing for local prizes. Because of the use of Live ammunition and much reduced security measures (Let's try not to ponder why someone comes back in WoT after they catch a round with their face which would have surely gored them), only the men were actually brought into the blood sport.

The people televising the sport, however, started having female crewmembers filter in, eventually to the point where they were getting significantly higher ratings, with fan opinion being higher for all-woman crews over all-male or mixed gender ones. So, naturally, as crews died and were replaced, women replaced the men, eventually leading to Tank Operation ("Panzerfahren/Panzerkraft") becoming a predominantly/entirely female sport, and by proxy tanks becoming associated with women.

The World of Tanks league died out in terms of popularity, but its rules are still fairly common, and it has impressed upon the world that "Tanks are womanly", while also bringing more safety to the fields of battle in counter to having the fairer gender in the line of fire (something which likely irks former male operators who manage to still be alive. The nature of the WoTL means that the majority of the retired male tankers are probably rather old men who have little business interacting with the characters.) The end result is that while tank operation is still a quite lethal ordeal, it's significantly less fatal than the World of Tanks League, hence why what appear to be 15-year-old girls are trusted with such machines - and why the majority of them are World War II-era.

The series is set as the WoTL comes back into popularity, hence why tank operation is suddenly nigh-compulsory at the detriment to other clubs. Perhaps it's also making a grab at a Minor League type deal so that it has fresh blood flowing in (and cute girls make for higher ratings among male audiences, naturally.)

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2012-10-16 at 04:00. Reason: Super Fantastic Personal Theory time
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 04:56   Link #267
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, the "romantic" appeal of WW2 hardware is that they're such crude and relatively simple machines that relies alot on the human element while still having the basic elements that make modern war machines what they are today. No wonder WW2-era machines are still quite popular and well-loved to this day.

Fire-control computers and auto-stabilized guns? GPS and airconditioning? None of that in the old days whippersnapper, just sweat, blood and guts

That aside, episode 2 (thankfully a certain sub group offered a non-german track for their second release) deviates a bit from the manga in the details (they seem to pick up Mako mid-battle for instance instead of being part of Team A from the start), but the basic gist of the mock battle is still there. And Yukari isn't just a tanksexual it seems: she's a full-blown miltaku. Wearing a military rucksack packed with metal eating utensils and canteens isn't something you see in anime often
Are Singapore's tanks like that too? And btw from the Tank models shown in the official website, how can you have 2 cannons in 1 tank?(I like the "Char" Tank though.)

You know... That last part of your posts can put into spoiler...

By the way where do the staffs get this idea about tanks from?
Old 2012-10-16, 06:34   Link #268
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
How about Maus and E-100
Bolo? The Continental Siege Unit model should be sufficient for a bunch of girls to play with.
Old 2012-10-16, 06:40   Link #269
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

well get more to develop sure found more tanks & now clean-up.

oh here come instructor yea cue with tank smashing a car oh somebody call insurance for car got pwn'd by a tank.

well now tank battle work-out with student trying to drive a tank well go next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 07:27   Link #270
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Are Singapore's tanks like that too? And btw from the Tank models shown in the official website, how can you have 2 cannons in 1 tank?(I like the "Char" Tank though.)
Multiple cannons on a single tank was actually standard design for a lot of WW1 and early WW2 tanks. Tanks like the British Mk. I, aka the very first tank to see combat, had two 6-pounder main guns.

The single turret/gun design trend was popularized by the Renault FT, which was the single most influential design in the history of combat vehicles, becoming the basis for all modern vehicles up to current day tanks like the Abrams. Although even then, multi-gun designs did exist like the M3 Lee.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:46   Link #271
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Shouldn't the tank that's been under all that muddy water be damaged beyond recovery?!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 10:02   Link #272
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Tanks have been recovered from lakes and so forth. The problem is that the repair would take... a while. Those girls either have brilliant servicing team that can work miracles, or that they themselves are superhuman.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 10:15   Link #273
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Tanks have been recovered from lakes and so forth. The problem is that the repair would take... a while. Those girls either have brilliant servicing team that can work miracles, or that they themselves are superhuman.
The engineering club were tasked with repairing them. I think the job was made easier by the fact that you could buy spare parts in the civilian market in their universe.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:16   Link #274
gaiar31

^
^
Only Girls cleaning All Tank can recover in one day.......

Amazing Tank ecchi.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 10:18   Link #275
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A few trivia notes on the episode:

- Erwin (that girl with the snazzy hat) makes a mistake about the StuG III being used by the Finns against the Soviets in the Winter War of 1939. The Stug III was used by the Finns against the Soviet Union, but that was in the Continuation War, which started two years later, and the StuGs themselves weren't received until 1943 at earliest. (The translation of "Winter War" is supposedly correct on this one).

- Commie missed an opportunity for more tank trivia due to a translation flub. When Erwin was talking about "water and tanks", she doesn't actually say "D-Day", but "Normandy DD Tanks". These would be the Duplex Drive, or DD Tanks, which were M4 Shermans modified with the Duplex Drive system that was essentially a flotation device to allow them to travel through water over short distances. They were used by both British and American forces during the D-Day invasions in Normandy, though the ones assaulting Omaha Beach all sank en-route, contributing to the massive casualties on that part of the invasion.

- A random Easter Egg can be found in that scene with Team D, where one of them can be seen reading Moeyo! Sensha Gakkou, a tank manga by Nogami Takeshi, who's working on this show as assistant character designer.

Old 2012-10-16, 10:18   Link #276
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Bolo? The Continental Siege Unit model should be sufficient for a bunch of girls to play with.
Hellbores FTW
Old 2012-10-16, 12:50   Link #277
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
- A random Easter Egg can be found in that scene with Team D, where one of them can be seen reading Moeyo! Sensha Gakkou, a tank manga by Nogami Takeshi, who's working on this show as assistant character designer.
Ah, I was wondering what that was. I was thinking maybe it was another tanker catalog like we saw in episode 1 with the Crusader on the cover.

That tank-fan store was awesome. From models to magazines to full size replacement guns. Personally, I could spend all day in a store like that.

Endless "Tanks R Us" Soul
Old 2012-10-16, 13:21   Link #278
Marina2

Ep.2

- This ep. introduces us to Akiyama Yukari, a tank otaku. I like her! Especially how she interect to tank-rerated thing. There is another character introduced too..but I can't remember her name yet.

- This show has a lot of characters but they share the screentime in the ep. very well.

- Wait, so we have "onee-chan" as possible final boss too??? Great! This show sure remind me a lot about Saki

- A tank driving is very enjoyable to watch. Look forward too a battle next ep.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:04   Link #279
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Saki... now my brain is filled with:

Tanking is Tanoshii! Let's all have some Tanoshii!
(wins by shooting right into enemy tank barrel)

While in a bind, close one's eyes, get a flashback sequence, and then identify camouflaged foe 2km away then then promptly engage hostile.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 14:45   Link #280
4Tran

This show is turning more Saki-like by the moment: they even have a Teru to go with their Saki! For the rest, Yukari is pretty cool; she's obviously the instrument that the show intends to use to teach the basics of tank combat. This episode was better than the first one, but really, I'm just here for the tank action.

The Type 89 was firing at the main characters' Pz. IV with a low-velocity 57mm gun. Realistically, that gun has no real chance of damaing the target, so they would have been better off just staying there and firing back. The StuG III is a very different matter though!

Also, we can see in the ED (and the first episode) that the Pz. IV's crew assignment is going to be a bit different.

Miho - Commander
Mako - Driver
Yukari - Loader
Hana - Gunner
Saori - Radio operator

The current configuration is quite terrible! They also haven't fired the main gun yet so we don't know if they have any HEAT ammunition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I find myself oddly fond of the Type 89's crew. That said, I'm hoping everyone upgrades to at least Midwar stuff soon, seeing the 75mm L/24 is making the WoT tanker inside me scream, "Upgrade to Ostketten you noobs!".
But HEAT rounds! And the Type 89 is the only tank of the bunch I don't at least like somewhat. Japanese tanks don't have any charm points!

Quote:
The single turret/gun design trend was popularized by the Renault FT, which was the single most influential design in the history of combat vehicles, becoming the basis for all modern vehicles up to current day tanks like the Abrams. Although even then, multi-gun designs did exist like the M3 Lee.
The funny thing is that even though the FT first saw service in World War I, they were still in use at the start of World War II and they're still better than most Japanese tanks. It would be awesome to see one in this show - it's the cutest little tank.

Quote:
- Erwin (that girl with the snazzy hat) makes a mistake about the StuG III being used by the Finns against the Soviets in the Winter War of 1939. The Stug III was used by the Finns against the Soviet Union, but that was in the Continuation War, which started two years later, and the StuGs themselves weren't received until 1943 at earliest. (The translation of "Winter War" is supposedly correct on this one).
I'm really surprised that the show made that error. Especially since the Finns wouldn't have had any use for the early StuG IIIs with the low-velocity 75mm gun. Maybe we're supposed to assume that Erwin is bad at history!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
While in a bind, close one's eyes, get a flashback sequence, and then identify camouflaged foe 2km away then then promptly engage hostile.
And then miss as the 75mm L24 has bad accuracy at long range...

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks