AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-17, 10:17   Link #501
Xiyon

Sheesh, I'm sure I'm not the only one that was suspecting Lakan's scumminess to be a red herring over the past several weeks, but for him to actually have brain damage and have misunderstandings escalate--- now I feel bad for the dude.

Lakan's been essentially trying to win a custody battle for her against Granny all these years, and each time he tries to see his daughter -- and potentially explain his side of the story -- he gets blocked every step of the way.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-17, 10:47   Link #502
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The message she sent him with the withered blue rose is pretty clear.

I'm not entirely sure he initially intended to buy Meimei, but there are a few hints: he's known her for a very long time and taught her to play, it was mentioned she's always the one who distracts/entertains him when he comes by for Maomao, Meimei herself stated she didn't mind spending time with him, and Lihaku heard a rumor about someone wanting to buy one of the three princesses.

If that's the case though, it seems Maomao cockblocked Meimei.
I feel like she deserves someone closer to her in age and not still pining for her mentor...but I guess he would probably let her be free to do whatever she wanted .
Old 2024-03-17, 15:00   Link #503
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Sheesh, I'm sure I'm not the only one that was suspecting Lakan's scumminess to be a red herring over the past several weeks, but for him to actually have brain damage and have misunderstandings escalate--- now I feel bad for the dude.

Lakan's been essentially trying to win a custody battle for her against Granny all these years, and each time he tries to see his daughter -- and potentially explain his side of the story -- he gets blocked every step of the way.

He is still kinda ass though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I would understand why he would want to buy Meimei, but why would she want to be with him? Wouldn't she have interesting suitors of her own, like Lihaku for Pairin?
" interesting" is very subjective term. Either way he is smarter, richer and more influential than Lihaku... or 99% of population. Putting aside love and such they seems to get along well for years at least.

I could understand why she would want to be with him, but why exactly he would want to be with her? He know her from time she was young girl, she is not as smart as his previous love and given his face blindness even her beauty is not quite answer.
Old 2024-03-17, 18:55   Link #504
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
It's not "brain damage," really. Face-blindness is thought to be part of the autism spectrum. My ex-wife is on the spectrum, and she has a touch of it.

Neurodivergent, yes. "Brain damage," no.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-17, 22:29   Link #505
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
It's not "brain damage," really. Face-blindness is thought to be part of the autism spectrum. My ex-wife is on the spectrum, and she has a touch of it.

Neurodivergent, yes. "Brain damage," no.
Face blindness/prosopagnosia can be caused by brain damage. But, yes in Lakan's cause it's certainly congenital prosopagnosia.
Old 2024-03-18, 08:50   Link #506
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
He's still the man who wiped his hands on a random dude's hat during an official ceremony.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 11:46   Link #507
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's still the man who wiped his hands on a random dude's hat during an official ceremony.
He and his daughter both just have their own kind of manners .
Old 2024-03-18, 12:32   Link #508
Tenzen12

There zero doubts, he is ass, but it was still tragedy what happen to him and Maomaos mother.
Old 2024-03-18, 20:26   Link #509
grecefar

I still don't like him and I doubt I ever will.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 20:29   Link #510
deadite

Objectively, Lakan has done nothing wrong but troll Jinshi. Also being annoyed by an Autistic person is kind of yikes.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 02:58   Link #511
magnuskn

Yeah, I kinda don't get why people have this bad reaction to the guy. He is, at worst, a bit annoying and we were misled into thinking he did bad things to Feixiang, when he really didn't and was a victim of bad parents (in this case Maomao's grandma and his own dad).
Old 2024-03-19, 05:02   Link #512
Tenzen12

He intentionaly missled us (well it was aimed at Jinshi into believing he raped woman. Being victim doesn't make one good person. Neither being neuro divergent. It's not even close as bad as if he actually did that, but he is selfish person whose silence almost killed Maomao and Jinshi on top of previously harassing them for prolonged period of time.
Old 2024-03-19, 06:47   Link #513
magnuskn

No, you misled yourself into believing that he raped anybody. What he said perfectly correlates with reality, i.e. he got Fenxiang pregnant, aside from him hiding that he did so unwittingly and without intention to do so.

And regarding his "silence", I would rather point at Grandma and Loumen as people who should have said something to Maomao long ago and did not, giving her this terrible perception of her real dad.
Old 2024-03-19, 07:47   Link #514
Huh...?

True.

It was never mentioned or hinted that Lakan raped Fengxian.

He only ever questioned how to reduce the price of a Courtesan, and the answer was to either make them lose their virginity or get them pregnant.

And because it talked about those two stuff, people just directly assumed he raped her.

I mean, there is a possibility of pre-planning as well with the Courtesan in question, especially considering Episode 3 plot, which talked about how a Courtesan faked being mentally ill, to get her price reduced.
Plus, people can know about stuff even though they have never done anything like that.

I guess, it's the general norm that it's always the men's fault in anything related to a women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I would rather point at Grandma and Loumen as people who should have said something to Maomao long ago and did not, giving her this terrible perception of her real dad.
That's something entirely different.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2024-03-19 at 08:51.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 08:34   Link #515
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
He intentionaly missled us (well it was aimed at Jinshi into believing he raped woman. Being victim doesn't make one good person. Neither being neuro divergent. It's not even close as bad as if he actually did that, but he is selfish person whose silence almost killed Maomao and Jinshi on top of previously harassing them for prolonged period of time.
He may be not the best person to deal with and yes, and he hates Jinshi because he is an overprotective dad and does not want his only daughter to marry this guy. Pretty typicvaln thing.

But all of his actions this season were either to give MaoMao and Jinshi a lead on Suireis plot as Lakan could not act himself here (you can guess why, but it will be more clear in season 2 if we get one) or to lead Jinshi to their backstory. MaoMao getting injured was not his plan.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 10:13   Link #516
Frontier

Maybe it's just that father and daughter both have a phrasing problem.
Old 2024-03-19, 10:31   Link #517
Tenzen12

Nah, he phrased it that way intentionally to unnerve Jinshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
He may be not the best person to deal with and yes, and he hates Jinshi because he is an overprotective dad and does not want his only daughter to marry this guy. Pretty typicvaln thing.

But all of his actions this season were either to give MaoMao and Jinshi a lead on Suireis plot as Lakan could not act himself here (you can guess why, but it will be more clear in season 2 if we get one) or to lead Jinshi to their backstory. MaoMao getting injured was not his plan.
I don't disagree. My only issue is that he is not just not "best person to deal with" but also "not best person" period and some people pretend it's not the case.
Old 2024-03-19, 12:51   Link #518
magnuskn

I don't see it. If behaving a bit like an ass makes you a bad person, Maomao is a terrible person.
Old 2024-03-19, 13:43   Link #519
Tenzen12

I don't thing so? I am trying recall when Maomao acted "like ass", but I am failing remember anything. For most part she just keep low profile and doesn't bother anyone. But feel free refresh my memory.

Anyway in my book person who knowingly throw impossible task on people they dislike just to harass them are bad. Even if we disregard everything else, that alone is enough (though I really don't feel like disregarding almost letting assassination event happen)
Old 2024-03-19, 14:22   Link #520
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I don't see it. If behaving a bit like an ass makes you a bad person, Maomao is a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't thing so? I am trying recall when Maomao acted "like ass", but I am failing remember anything. For most part she just keep low profile and doesn't bother anyone. But feel free refresh my memory.
Maomao kind of is a terrible person though. It's part of what makes her endearing and sympathetic.

She has flaws all over the place and isn't a perfect Mary Sue like so so so many female leads in period settings.

Gyokuyou is probably the closest to a traditional female lead in these kinds of series, personality wise. Lihua has a wrathful (and lusty) side. Lishu is meek, immature, and a picky eater. It makes more of the cast relatable and feel real.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaption, smart female protagonist